eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
from former pro evo Online champion on the official feedback thread. We’ll get ice skating weightless players and no fouls come release. These dudes play on PA 3? Weak son...here’s what he wrote below. I DM’d Bhatti and told him what was up hopefully he puts his foot down in Japan. They always over tweak before release

Will try to resume it as max as possible: 1- Improve responsiveness 2- Nerf wingers/SS auto runs behind defence 3- Dont make 1cf 2ss or 3cf formation combinations possible, only allow baseline formations without exploitable editing 4- Decrease PA3 assistancce 5- Buff X tackling
This guy and the likes are the reason I hope that they leave the gameplay completely untouched, even at the cost of not fixing real minor bugs.

from former pro evo Online champion on the official feedback thread. We’ll get ice skating weightless players and no fouls come release. These dudes play on PA 3? Weak son...here’s what he wrote below. I DM’d Bhatti and told him what was up hopefully he puts his foot down in Japan. They always over tweak before release

Will try to resume it as max as possible: 1- Improve responsiveness 2- Nerf wingers/SS auto runs behind defence 3- Dont make 1cf 2ss or 3cf formation combinations possible, only allow baseline formations without exploitable editing 4- Decrease PA3 assistancce 5- Buff X tackling

Im actually scared. I have waited 12 years for a PES game.

This guy and the likes are the reason I hope that they leave the gameplay completely untouched, even at the cost of not fixing real minor bugs.

This guy and the likes are the reason why gameplay sliders should be mandatory.
Should be regulated by international laws, preventing any sport game to come out without a set of gameplay sliders.

Oh and with ugly ass turfs too.

I don't understand it. I swear sometimes I go consecutive games without a single foul from me or opponent. It's not that bad. It's exaggerated.

Yeah i play 12 mins games on PC and highest foul count was cpu-5 me-7 but i think that was a derby somehow. Usually its 3 all. Personally i think the cpu could be more aggressive.

Im actually scared. I have waited 12 years for a PES game.

Yeah, at this point is kinda "scary". If they were to present to usual, sameish demo that would have led to a game really hard to properly enjoy, nobody would have cared. But to see they are capable indeed to give us something really good and philosophically different than the recent past, only for them to back pedal in the final release, would be true tilt material :LOL:.

My only hope is that the turn-upside down job it's usually stuff (at least from what I've always heard, never played one) they do with more early betas. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't remember a demo that had a super duper completely different taste than the final version. Let's cross our fingers and hope for the best.

I just want my Pro Evo to be like a Monday morning dump, solid, not too rushed you need to be able to take your time and bring it out from the back. Definitely not too easy almost a fight, you need to huff and puff and work it out. I want to bring it out from the back I want to feel in control, no need for extra assistance. You need that sense of achievement, relief and happiness when you hit the target.

I don't understand it. I swear sometimes I go consecutive games without a single foul from me or opponent. It's not that bad. It's exaggerated.
I'm giving a lot less fouls away now I'm not charging in. Sometimes I get 2 fouls as a minimum sometimes I get 4 or 5. A lot seems to be how you play, a lot ofu fouls are when changing direction quick and AI leaves foot in late. If a 12 min match gets 6 on average I'll be happy

Yeah, at this point is kinda "scary". If they were to present to usual, sameish demo that would have led to a game really hard to properly enjoy, nobody would have cared. But to see they are capable indeed to give us something really good and philosophically different than the recent past, only for them to back pedal in the final release, would be true tilt material :LOL:.

My only hope is that the turn-upside down job it's usually stuff (at least from what I've always heard, never played one) they do with more early betas. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't remember a demo that had a super duper completely different taste than the final version. Let's cross our fingers and hope for the best.

And at the same time, Konami have always been slow at reaching their peaks. Such underachievers.
But PES 2013 was the best PES of the past engine for a reason.
Maybe this will be the last PES of the FOX Engine? I don't know. I kinda don't want them to be done with it now.

I'm giving a lot less fouls away now I'm not charging in. Sometimes I get 2 fouls as a minimum sometimes I get 4 or 5. A lot seems to be how you play, a lot ofu fouls are when changing direction quick and AI leaves foot in late. If a 12 min match gets 6 on average I'll be happy

I also love that intentionally i can foul someone who i cant disposess and oppose a danger. But of course without the red card, sliding tackle.

The response underneath is me. I said “this guy will F up this sim” that guy has been trying to mess things up.

And at the same time, Konami have always been slow at reaching their peaks. Such underachievers.
Maybe this will be the last PES of the FOX Engine? I don't know. I kinda don't want them to be done with it now.

Yeah, why not. The only thing is that before 2013 there was 2012, which was a very polished chapter in itself. This 2020, especially after 2019, would kinda come outta nowhere which is even more "shocking".

Anyway I remember you saying months ago that you had a feel this would have been a great title.

If it will truly turn out that way, in my book you'll get all the credit :D

There should be a correlation between: CPU Aggression level <-> Match Time <-> Difficulty
Yessssssssss. This is one of those things that you'd imagine someone would have thought of in development HQ at some point, it seems so basic and so necessary. If I play Superstar in a five minute game, we should both be blitzing to score within the time limit. In a ten minute game, the AI should take a little (but not a lot) more time. Fifteen minute games should be build-up heaven.

Same with your assistance levels. If I play PA0, turn off laser-guidance for the AI. Or at least give me just a few sliders. This stuff would make me enjoy the game literally 10x more.

As I said in the podcast - the opus of FIFA was 16, then Frostbite happened and they've been (comparitvely) poor ever since. What if the opus of PES is 2020, because next year, Unreal is happening, if rumours are to be believed... Gulp.

...BUT, no, in my honest opinion, I still think the current engine is really holding the game back. Put 2020's design principles into an engine that isn't so locked-down and on-rails in certain situations, not all (e.g. shot variety, and online play being the big one for me - people press constantly because THEY KNOW you have to wrestle with your controller to get your players to move out of their way in time), then... I think it would go from strength to strength.

Given the wave of people shouting "this feels fucking great" on Twitter, I'm more optimistic (me, optimistic - look what you're doing to me Konami) for PES's future than I ever have been.

It might even be enough to make devs (of both games) sit up and take notice of what everyone (not just on Evo-Web, but across Twitter etc.) seems to be praising specifically; the realism. "Shit, look how much they love realism. Who saw that coming? Should this be the priority from now on?"

...no, that's too optimistic. That's the dream. Calm down, Chris.

Yeah, why not. The only thing is that before 2013 there was 2012, which was a very polished chapter in itself. This 2020, especially after 2019, would kinda come outta nowhere which is even more "shocking".

Anyway I remember you saying months ago that you had a feel this would have been a great title.

If it will truly turn out that way, in my book you'll get all the credit :D

Baah...
I say so many things every day, and then contradict myself on the next one...
Don't pay no mind to it.

I have just played my first game online on the demo and LOVED it. I have been away all week so have been playing the demo offline with my slightly underperforming laptop. I just got home and fired up the PS$ to play online and it really was a joy. I have to apologise to my opponent if they are on here (sorry FUMA-EXL) as I was convinced I would be up against Juve or Barca so I chose Arsenal but he was Vasco so it wasn't quite as fair as it should have been...that being said he still won 2-1 as I am shocking on manual passing. Regardless, I really enjoyed it though and will deffo be playing more online matches soon. Against another manual player it is a lot of fun

I was just going to come in here and say the same!

Don’t spam ‘X’, position yourself properly and defending is a joy in this - for the first time in many years.

Every 2nd tweet on twitter is crying about referees....

It sucks as I think they will make them more lenient again.
How it is now to me is brilliant, Super fun to defend now and while I just focussed on kicking the players arse in PES2019 I now need to time my feet on the ball and its a lot of fun. Ref by far not even as aggressive as with PES5. Its just at a good place for me right now, the refs exist.

If you dont mindlessly barge which obviously lots of people learned the last few years that they can just do that, then all is fine. But as lots of things that weren't fouls ARE fouls now people compare it to previous games, not real life. thats where it blurs as I saw lots of people on socials say that because in PESxxxx it just works it should continue now which is insane logic to me.

But as lots of things that weren't fouls ARE fouls now people compare it to previous games, not real life.
I sort of think this is the opposite of the problem here! Did you see Liverpool v Man City yesterday? The referee let so many "2020-fouls" go. Every close-up showed a push, a knock, a kick - at one point, a Liverpool player (I think it was Trent) just pushed a City player over, both hands in his back, and play continued!

In short - players committing actions that are essentially "holding X in the real world" rarely actually concede a foul in real life. So comparing to real-life, you'll be disappointed.

BUT!! It has to be this way.
I've come to the realisation that you have to be judged as a video-game player and not like a real-world footballer would be.

Otherwise, the game isn't judging or punishing your play as its own thing - it's not punishing your hold-X laziness or any poor defensive decisions. It's just going "well in real life that push is fine" and so you'd get away with it. Your bad input isn't being punished, you're getting away with it, because of the real-life comparison.

Does that make sense?... Anyway, I've come to terms with it now. I still think it could be tuned and improved, but it certaintly doesn't need huge changes. Which is always the worry.

I'm glad they've fixed the PA0/manual shooting headers - I've not had any trouble connecting with them as opposed to 18 and 19 where your player wouldn't even jump half the time. I probably score more of them than anything else on manual. A couple of examples;

(some audio issues with my recording)

On the second one I used the R2 dummy to let the ball run through, this is really useful in a lot of situations, and especially with fast players (unlike my example with Mata :D). Maybe the keeper should have come for the cross though, I used the chipped through ball buttons for it.

I sort of think this is the opposite of the problem here! Did you see Liverpool v Man City yesterday? The referee let so many "2020-fouls" go. Every close-up showed a push, a knock, a kick - at one point, a Liverpool player (I think it was Trent) just pushed a City player over, both hands in his back, and play continued!

And Alexander Arnold was literally pushing Bernardo Silva around every chance he got. Even provoking him.

Anyhow...
This could be an easy fix for Konami. All they'd have to do is implement 3 types of referee personalities like in the ooooold days. So it would be a lot more random.

Seriously guys. Go on twitter and tweet to OP that fouls are ok!
No one is praising the fouls, people either dont say anything (probably because they like it ) or dislike it. These are the two types of tweets regarding it. Very rarely i see the refs praised.
If i were the developer i would tone down the fouls based on this. Go tweet and let them know they did a good job on the refs finally!

I'm glad they've fixed the PA0/manual shooting headers - I've not had any trouble connecting with them as opposed to 18 and 19 where your player wouldn't even jump half the time. I probably score more of them than anything else on manual. A couple of examples;

On the second one I used the R2 dummy to let the ball run through, this is really useful in a lot of situations, and especially with fast players (unlike my example with Mata :D). Maybe the keeper should have come for the cross though, I used the chipped through ball buttons for it.

Nice..Lovely use of pa0..loved the way you skinned that fullback.He got tight..Top draw stuff(hats off).

People want FIFA 19 it seems. 1 foul awarded every match.

I hate the modern day football gamer. It’s all about skillz and what player they’ve just acquired with dad’s credit card in fantasy card BS like myClub.

The second header is truly lovely.

i've gradually come to enjoy the demo a lot more, online and offline. i think the space out wide is still an issue for me as is the occasional AI passiveness but overall it plays a pretty solid game. If they don't change anything I will be happy to buy this and do a good few seasons of master league again.

I am going to stick with PA1 and basic shooting for the time being too, the error on PA1 with weaker teams is enough for me right now and i've had some decent shot variation on basic, I imagine after a few weeks of solid play i will get bored and switch to PA0 and manual but for now it seems fairly reasonable to me

i've bit the bullet and pre ordered for 32 quid with a discount i found online. Last year i pre ordered knowing the AI was shit but naively thought it would be addressed. I just can't see them messing the AI up now and with my life commitments i am happy with custom cups and leagues. Will try the ML but just have time to fully engage with it like i did before kids :)
Fingers crossed they won t mess up the ai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom