eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But why? I have a pro too and that never happens. Does the screen go black when it switches?

Nice. Mine's almost the same, 5-10-10.
No, it just becomes grainy(like the graphics deteriorates for +-2 seconds). Ive noticed this when the GK takes a goal kick

New stadium camera is quite immersive and good, but it has some problems tracking long shots and following the action.
I use it with half zoom in, and when i try a long shot, i can't see what really happens due to lag.
Otherwise is very nice, adding a lot to the real soccer feel of PES 2020.

But why? I have a pro too and that never happens. Does the screen go black when it switches?

Nice. Mine's almost the same, 5-10-10.
44d82048-3d6e-4228-a9tkcj.jpeg

You are not the first one. Something is going on... :LOL:

Btw: I’m playing in winter with clouds/rain at day lately. With this setting the colors aren’t that much saturated I found.

Edit: the RS is not that different to last year anyway. It’s getting better and better every day. :)

Last edited:
My problem with the camera settings is that I can't use them online, at which point I use Long Camera.
I have quite liked the look of Zoom 10, height 2 and angle 10. shows off the visuals well and gives you a nice close view.

I had some mixed feelings on the weekend - the more I played the demo, the clunkier it felt. I tried Superstar difficulty and the AI seems to go a bit over the top with stepovers and feints lol.

I have noticed some good things regarding body shape and mistimed shots/passes and some dipping shots. Ball trajectory is a bit strange on crosses, even using early cross or double tapped cross. I find myself waiting for the ball a fair bit rather than being able to attack the cross. Pass level 1 this is on.

I wish they had longer matches in the demo and less teams. Would get a better feel for the game. I'm sure the games will pan out ok with longer times and messing around with formations and tactics. Just not sure at the moment if some of the player weight and animations should be smoother for the better players. Even Ronaldo and Messi doing a little feint doesn't look as smooth or quick as it should.

Dribbling on this game is sensational. There are soo many options. Just left stick, left stick dummy, finesse dribble,right stick trick and finally finally explosive pace.

Douglas costa for example just blasts pass people.

similar to mine I use 6,1,10
Yeah almost the same ;) Great cam.. I used to do 6,4,10 hahah don't know why I did 5,3,10, but they are really identical, and very similar to yours.. the 10 is obviously for the great angle.. which I love.

Ive recently been going back to, and trying my default cam on pes2014/15/16/17 which is 6,8,10... looks amazing with pes2020. Nice height :) and nice detail, without being too close. Some will disagree :)

Here it is on pes2020 (PC):

Last edited:
Hi guys anybody knows if it will be possible to save some players from Pes 19 and export to Pes 2020? Are the file compatible?

For example...if i save players from Bayer Leverkusen(not sure they'll be in the game this year)except people in National Team, am i able to save them and then export in Pes 2020? Thank you in advance :)

Thanks for your responses @Rodchenko and @OBH

Yesterday I had Lewandowski extra-touch a low cross from Gnabry instead of simply tapping it into the net, as he would do numerous times in 2019. Of course, the extra touch took enough time for someone to block the succeeding shot. This was on simple shooting, though (I double checked).

I do know for a fact, though, that in numerous past PESs (don't remember which ones) some settings increased the chance of your players extra-touching rather than using direct finish. They would chest down every cross rather than going for the volley or the header. It drove me nuts. Perhaps the 'auto-feint' setting is the culprit? Or a specific combination of pass assistance and support settings? It's quite mysterious, but it has been an issue for me (albeit only after I fiddled around with the settings).

Edit: the RS is not that different to last year anyway. It’s getting better and better every day. :)

Teach me!

I can't for the life of me dribble by any full-back. Every time I take on Bellerín with Coman, I use R then double tap R1 but Bellerín either sticks the foot out, or Coman runs into Bellerín like an idiot, or Bellerín casually catches up with Coman as if he knew which direction he was going.

On the flipside Aubameyang receives every ball with his back to the goal, sticks his butt out, turns around in a split second and blasts by Süle.

Btw, I am not complaining. It was perhaps too easy in 2019, especially with some of the dt18 patches, but I am simply not getting the logics of this year's stick and button functions when it comes to dribbling.

Regarding camera angle, I've settled for something along custom (wide) 1-5-3.
For me it's a good compromise between seeing player details and having an overview of the play (it's also the angle in the clip below).

The physicality in this game really is something. Just had this happen to me:

Notice how my initial attempt to shoot is cancelled (the power bar disappear) by Bonucci's shoulder barging, and I have to press shoot again to get the shot off. Don't think I've ever seen that before.

Hi guys. When the GK takes a goal kick and the ball is in the air my screen changes graphically for a few seconds(almost like the graphics switches to something that looks like ps2 graphics)
Im on a ps4 pro btw.
PS2 graphics? Sounds like your Pro is on the way out mate.

i've bit the bullet and pre ordered for 32 quid with a discount i found online. Last year i pre ordered knowing the AI was shit but naively thought it would be addressed. I just can't see them messing the AI up now and with my life commitments i am happy with custom cups and leagues. Will try the ML but just have time to fully engage with it like i did before kids :)

I'm holding off any ordering until I know what's in Pes 20, gameplay so far is really good,but don't trust (from last year's shit show) them just yet on content.
Serie A and B in, I'm there !
I’ve just seen Romas new kit - I am in if Serie B is included again! Plus we’ll have stadia that feels like real thing.

PES always more suited to Serie A than PL

I’ve just seen Romas new kit - I am in if Serie B is included again! Plus we’ll have stadia that feels like real thing.

PES always more suited to Serie A than PL
Exactly how I feel,always play Serie A ML (Milan Roma Torino)
Strange thing last year was that Roma wasn't tied to Olimpico (stadium).
Teams that have an official stadiums can't change to other stadiums,but with Roma you could.
Very weird.
Yes stadiums are suited for La Liga/Serie A for sure

Dudes...they can’t fuck this up 5 years in a row the demo or early code being better than final game can they???

I was on the fence early on when playing demo because I had conditioned myself from the videos that were out there that this game was gonna suck but the more I play it the more I’m like “wow” this is so good. Taking the time to relearn the nuances of the game is so rewarding. I want to hop in training mode like right now damn it and mess around with dribbling and different traps and feints etc.

Yeah that track record isn't reasuring. Although I don't think an actual demo has had so many people hyped previously in the last five years? I may be mistanken as I alluded to earlier though.

I think a lot of people were surprised by the demo compared to videoes. Don't think all those matches with legend team helped either, especially compared to the one promising video with Flamengo and Palmeiras.

One thing I've been wanting to ask you is, if you noticed the help screen that pops up during matches telling about the causes of misplaced passes/shots?
I ask you this because I remember an episode of the Footy United podcast where you guys talked about ways Konami could ease players in on the concept of more contextual and stats based passing and shooting (you mentioned several ideas like trailers and such as well). Do you think Konami/Adam listened to that podcast and thought "you know that's actually a great idea"?
Chris and Matt goes over a similar case in "The Interviews" with Matts neverending focus on positioning etc.

Yeah that track record isn't reasuring. Although I don't think an actual demo has had so many people hyped previously in the last five years? I may be mistanken as I alluded to earlier though.
I dunno man, the PES 2018 online beta is still legendary. There were lots of people at the time saying "this is incredible, don't change it" and lo-and-behold, everyone agreed the final release was considerably worse. (But you know what, I'll stick my neck out here - I don't know if it was just mass placebo effect.)

This does feel different, though (in terms of, it's not just a finely-tuned PES 2017 or whatever, it feels like a very different PES from the usual).

Guys, the official Twitter are asking for feedback, go there if you can and leave the things you want to stay for the final release because I can already see people saying the game is slow, passes aren't perfect etc. Go, go Evo- web! :)

..and make sure to upvote good tweets! :)

I'd like to share my impressions about the evolution of the game last years and my evolution as a player.

I think that PES offers multiple combinations to suit the preferences of different players using:
- Passing assistance: Manual or P1..5
- Throughball: Basic or Advanced
- Shooting: Basic, Advanced or Manual.

The different combinations of these factors provides different playing experiences. In different combinations the gameplay issues or problems are also different.

From my experience the combination PA0, Advanced throughball and Manual Shooting avoids most of the gameplay issues that annoys players. I like to feel that everything happens on the screen it's the result of my abilities. The sense of accomplishment is great.

I started playing from ISS PRO 98. I'm a very clumsy gamer, until PES 2017 I was a D-Pad player, in PES 2017 I learned to play with the analog stick and Pa0, in PES 2019 I added Advanced throughball and with PES 2020 demo I added Manual shooting. Now the gameplay experience is very different and I don't find most of the gameplay issues.

I think Konami expect that the more experienced players could enjoy the game with more control and liberty over the gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom