eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont even know where to start and how to make compilation out of them. But i'll crack it soon enough, promise.
I’ll give you an in depth course for sure, and for free!! We will connect. :)
As I’m saying it, na, better enjoy your unique style...
In 2030 there will be the “Emroth filter” in every app. :LOL:

Edit: “that scene is not looking sharp!” “Did you apply the Em Filter?” “Na.” “You have no future in the film industrie!” :D

Might give it a go! Player v cpu or cpu v cpu?
Player v CPU preferably, cos then you can tell us how it feels! :D Would love to see the physical, long-ball-inclined teams like Burnley for example, against someone like Crystal Palace who (as it stands) rely largely on Zaha coming up with some magic! Hopefully an AI Crystal Palace spends all game passing to him!

Thanks man, would love to see any full games you upload if you get chance. As we all would I'm sure.

Watching the Community Shield, hands up, maybe I have been too harsh on some of the bad player touches. (And City have just scored from a rubbish shot and goalkeeping blunder as I type, ha.) Maybe I'm too used to video-game football. So, sorry guys (including @Ameppe).

(I will say though there are tons of contacts between players that the referee is letting go, that are guaranteed fouls in the demo! But, I guess in a video-game, you've got to punish things more harshly or people will just constantly pressure etc. - so I get it.)

Just remembered a question I had - does the deliberate foul (double-tapping X/A when not head-on with the ball carrier) always result in a yellow card? It has for me so far, I'd like to get away with it occasionally (or there's no point using it).

Also, has anyone conceded a long-range goal to the AI yet? I'd love to see that!

(Oh and @gabe.paul.logan - I'd love to see a full match from your demo using the poorer Prem / Championship teams!)

Speaking of the Community Shield, watching it has really dug in how PES doesn't capture the intensity, speed, pressing, agile feet, and quick power moves of the modern game like I wish it did. This is one of the biggest things I miss coming from the other game.

I'm talking about the first twenty minutes of the game, which were played at a breakneck speed, constant pressing, loads of chances, etc. Once the match settled down, then it looks more like what I'm playing in the demo, but I haven't experienced that intensity of the modern game that is so exhilarating to watch.

IMO this is likely what many are referring to when they're blasting Konami on social media for a dull, sluggish, and slow demo. It's kinda like one game is good at playing football in low gear, and one is good at playing in top gear, but neither is great representing the range of intensity in the modern game and shifting tempos in a match.

Speaking of the Community Shield, watching it has really dug in how PES doesn't capture the intensity, speed, pressing, agile feet, and quick power moves of the modern game like I wish it did. This is one of the biggest things I miss coming from the other game.

I'm talking about the first twenty minutes of the game, which were played at a breakneck speed, constant pressing, loads of chances, etc. Once the match settled down, then it looks more like what I'm playing in the demo, but I haven't experienced that intensity of the modern game that is so exhilarating to watch.

IMO this is likely what many are referring to when they're blasting Konami on social media for a dull, sluggish, and slow demo. It's kinda like one game is good at playing football in low gear, and one is good at playing in top gear, but neither is great representing the range of intensity in the modern game and shifting tempos in a match.

Suppose you’re talking about a game vs AI here, or?

You are not wrong, but I think you are asking for something quite difficult here tho. I can't remember a game that has done properly both the slow and measurated pace, and the super fast rythm and full out agression just in one, at the very least if we talk about recent times. Speaking just of aggressive and super fast phases, to be honest I don't think Fifa was ever any particular good in making a translation of that kind of football either, certainly (at least in my experience) not in 18 or 19..

Anyway I bet that if you fasten up Pes or whatever, you'll have another whole army of people on socials arguing how it's on drugs, it has unrealistic speed and pace and so on.. :D

You are not wrong, but I think you are asking for something quite difficult here tho. I can't remember a game that has done properly both the slow and measurated pace, and the super fast rythm and full out agression just in one, at the very least if we talk about recent times. Speaking just of aggressive and super fast phases, to be honest I don't think Fifa was ever any particular good in making a translation of that kind of football either, certainly (at least in my experience) not in 18 or 19..

Anyway I bet that if you fasten up Pes or whatever, you'll have another whole army of people on socials arguing how it's on drugs, it has unrealistic speed and pace and so on.. :D

Totally, at default at least. You can drop the run slider in FIFA and make it much more slower paced, while still allowing for quick counter attack play. It screws up other things though.

For the brand of football they try to mostly represent, PES def is the better of the two. I just really wish it hit those higher gears too, as I think that's why PES still might not fully satisfy for me (and why so many casuals and FIFA players have had negative opinions).

for all those that have played the game alot, do you feel a difference for individuality for passing and passing error, from what iv seen so far ball goes straight and as for one touch passing dont really see much error

I did notice a lot, to be honest.
I misplaced quite a few passes with players like Dembele, Iwobi, etc.
Who are very good, at other stuff...

I think there's a lot of individuality in this game. For the first time in many years, actually.

I did notice a lot, to be honest.
I misplaced quite a few passes with players like Dembele, Iwobi, etc.
Who are very good, at other stuff...

I think there's a lot of individuality in this game. For the first time in many years, actually.
Agreed.
I played a few 25min games and you can really see the difference. Dembele and Iwobi are great examples; if you get them in a sticky spot on the wing you best use finesse dribble to get them facing a team mate or their pass is going absolutely nowhere.

Another play I've really enjoyed using is Aubameyang, if you hold R2 to take a finesse touch that moves you away from the defender, then immediately double tap sprint and he just shoots off.

Agreed.
I played a few 25min games and you can really see the difference. Dembele and Iwobi are great examples; if you get them in a sticky spot on the wing you best use finesse dribble to get them facing a team mate or their pass is going absolutely nowhere.

Another play I've really enjoyed using is Aubameyang, if you hold R2 to take a finesse touch that moves you away from the defender, then immediately double tap sprint and he just shoots off.

Aubameyang (I think I said this before, but anyways...) is a beast in this game.
Whenever I play against Arsenal, he DESTROYS me.
I don't seem to know how to make good use of him myself though. But he's very quick, and like you said, when you double or triple tap sprint, you'll skin defenders more often than not!

Also...
I'm ready to come out and just say this: If Konami don't mess with the tempo, speed, passing/shooting variety and error, transitions between animations, footplanting and individuality: I AM READY TO BUY THIS GAME NOW.

I'm not pre-ordering, because I want to see your reactions when the full game is out. If those people in here, whose judgement I trust deeply, say they've changed (for the worse) any of the points I mentioned above, then I will not buy it. But if they say it feels the same, I'm all in now.

It's amazing how much it's grown on me. I'm surprised.
It took a while to click.

@Chris Davies
You suggested playing against barcelona as Vasco da Gama in the highest difficulty
I may have a new conclusion, it is that barcelona somehow is the easiest team to play against in this demo
no doubt that in this demo teams are not aggressive enough in both attack and defence
but I think there are some tactics/players positions problems with barcelona especially

As we know in this demo, we always have more possession than the ai
my average % of possession is around 55%-60%,
but I have a ridiculous possession% against barcelona, I think I get 60-70% against them
I don't know, they have pretty good players with good stats
but as a team it just doesn't really bring me big trouble
its strange that they also play with tikitaka tactics but they are the one who don't really hold the ball and mainly pass forward without proper build up and sense of tactics
moreover,their build up are not effective and they are not even a threat

However, I think the most reasonable teams to play against are those south america teams
I saw some of the best and proper build up from them, they are the opposite of barcelona
their players stats are pretty average, I can out pace and out strength their players
but as a team they all play reasonable and proper football and they are enjoyable to play against

The hardest team to play against is bayern munich, lewandowski is a big threat
he always score against me, they have high stats players and more important they play well as a team too

Any tips on heading the ball? Mine always balloon over the bar. Is it timing?

Loving the demo! The flow of the game is spot on for me.

Aubameyang (I think I said this before, but anyways...) is a beast in this game.
Whenever I play against Arsenal, he DESTROYS me.
I don't seem to know how to make good use of him myself though. But he's very quick, and like you said, when you double or triple tap sprint, you'll skin defenders more often than not!
I don't think AI use a lot of the players how they would play in real life, but I'm finding that if I don't play to their strengths then I have a tough time, and that's fine with me, because in 2019 you didn't really have to take into account players strengths and weaknesses an awful lot. Tricky wingers with only average passing become very obvious.

Trick with Auba is to get away from your defender with your first touch then just sprint. Honestly, just hold R2 and away from a defender when he receives it, watch him doing some little turn, then smash sprint.

I'm also a big fan of all the new animations for actually attempting tackles by double-tapping the button rather than relying on just pressuring the ball all the time. It's not easy by any means, but it's hilarious when you miss-time it and your player just grabs their shirt instead.

My only real gripe so far is that it seems like every player can shield the ball for a long time so long as they are stood still. Dybala shouldn't really be able to indefinitely hold of Busquets, but at least it's only noticeable when you're stationary.

Can you turn off the reticule in Advanced Shooting?
Yes mate, it's 'advanced targeting' or something like that in the controller options menu.

Any tips on heading the ball? Mine always balloon over the bar. Is it timing?

Loving the demo! The flow of the game is spot on for me.

Curious about this too. Don't think I've seen a single power header yet.

Also, is there not a way to hit a hard low shot in PES? Like the low driven shots in FIFA, ie daisy cutters?

Curious about this too. Don't think I've seen a single power header yet.

Also, is there not a way to hit a hard low shot in PES? Like the low driven shots in FIFA, ie daisy cutters?
Switch to advanced shooting instead of basic

Takes a while to get used to it, feels strange having to aim away from the goal to do a low shot, but once you get used to it there's no going back.

I don't think AI use a lot of the players how they would play in real life, but I'm finding that if I don't play to their strengths then I have a tough time, and that's fine with me, because in 2019 you didn't really have to take into account players strengths and weaknesses an awful lot. Tricky wingers with only average passing become very obvious.

Trick with Auba is to get away from your defender with your first touch then just sprint. Honestly, just hold R2 and away from a defender when he receives it, watch him doing some little turn, then smash sprint.

I'm also a big fan of all the new animations for actually attempting tackles by double-tapping the button rather than relying on just pressuring the ball all the time. It's not easy by any means, but it's hilarious when you miss-time it and your player just grabs their shirt instead.

My only real gripe so far is that it seems like every player can shield the ball for a long time so long as they are stood still. Dybala shouldn't really be able to indefinitely hold of Busquets, but at least it's only noticeable when you're stationary.

Yes mate, it's 'advanced targeting' or something like that in the controller options menu.
Legend! Thanks mate.

Superstar..PaO..More of a defensive demo and being more direct..

Hats off to the cpu..Felt like playing a good human.You can see how much thought and work has to go in to cursor control off the ball.To maintain shape and not allow other players on my team to be pulled out of position.Important to keep that defence goal side.Overly commiting or leaving it to the next man,will result in you easily being opened up.Cover those wings and follow the runs because lazy play impacts and negates how every other member of your team react to the ball.

Don’t normally use the bigger teams but I could feel the quality difference using paO compared to a lower star team.

Love the way it’s now so much easier to steal the ball with just stick control..

Last edited:
Switch to advanced shooting instead of basic

Takes a while to get used to it, feels strange having to aim away from the goal to do a low shot, but once you get used to it there's no going back.

Is advanced shooting generally the way to go? Getting a little frustrated with the lack of control with basic shooting, so thanks for the suggestion.

A compilation of goals scored by CPU, Superstar level.

There are a couple of similar goals, but they are mostly different one from the other one and what's more important, not a single one scored by ultrafast, unrealistic passing and movement.

Also, noticed how many times CPU players shield the ball. I was so lost during the first few days i didn't know how to regain ball possession when behind a player shielding the ball. It makes gameplay more dynamic, you just can't press R1 and take the ball whenever you want, you first have to flank the players or face them and then use pressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom