eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris, I can kind of see their points. You do seen to forensically pick apart every tiny detail or in your case, flaw. Like you’re searching for stuff to criticise.
I can see that this is what people think but honestly, it's just not true. I see this stuff happen in real-time and it feels bad to me, from a gameplay perspective. If I post it, it's for discussion. Which is what Gab and I were having. Not to rant.

I’ll put the shoe on the other foot. If people were consistently posting every tiny little thing that was annoying them in FIFA over in the FIFA thread, they’d be uproar.
This has come up before, so maybe I've got my head in the sand here, but again, I just don't see this. Post patterns are pretty much the same and modding is applied the same way to both threads. If you have an opinion and you can back it up, discussion is welcome. In-fact, the new FIFA is currently being laughed at because of the ridiculous "Power Ball" mode. Laughable is the word. There's no uproar.

Again, I don't want to take this off-topic so PM me if you want to discuss further. Genuinely happy to do so.

Chris. Maybe the fact that its not seen in the game at top level is the reason it doesn't sit well with you and I can see your point. I'd disagree, however, with your suggestion that its unrealistic in the real world. Watch any lower league matches and you will see some awful efforts at controlling a ball or awareness of space which indeed lead to much head scratching and laughter.
A) Thank you for seeing my point!!

B) If it was a lower league match, I wouldn't have had a major issue with it. But it was a Man City player (okay, ex-City player, having just moved to Everton - but either way, a Premier League champion), and it's the kind of miscontrol that's not an actual player miscontrol, it's the game getting confused more than anything else.

Like most of his posts lately really. I'm glad i'm not the only one noticing this.

That's not the thing and you know it. Criticism is one thing but complaining about EVERY single thing in this demo feels like unnecessary. It brings nothing good to the discussion.

I feel like you making unwanted comparisons to Fifa are the one being biased. What is point of bringing Fifa in this? Defending Fifa from who? If anything i feel that most of the issues with Fifa are downplayed on that Fifa thread, while with Pes every little thing is magnified and discussed for hours. If anything it's Pes that is being laughed at for 365 days every year,by everyone, mostly deservedly so, when they release a mess of a game.

Everyone has different expectations. I can see Chris is looking for realism and he's set his standards quite high - to me that's good.

Have you folks who are throwing so much praise at the demo ever thought to think you're possibly actually killing off PES 2020 final release? We do this year after year and I'm bemused.

Have you guys considered that focussed programming for a set number of teams in the demo is far simpler than for the x number of teams in the actual game?

Sure, I could be wrong - this could be the year PES comes good. But I reckon its not. And you folks shouting about pre-ordering - congrats on screwing it up for another year for most of us who want to play a solid offline/online game.

In an attempt to move on, how about this. I know it's annoying to read constant criticism, so I'll try to keep it to myself for the next few weeks, except if I'm quoted about it.

I'll say what I said yesterday - the majority of what I see in the demo I love. The dribbling feels more natural to me than before, attributes seem to matter more defensively (especially when it comes to stopping those dribblers and committing fouls, which I'm beginning to notice more and more) and I'm just hoping for some positive tweaks at release time. So. Peace!

Everyone has different expectations. I can see Chris is looking for realism and he's set his standards quite high - to me that's good.

Have you folks who are throwing so much praise at the demo ever thought to think you're possibly actually killing off PES 2020 final release? We do this year after year and I'm bemused.

Have you guys considered that focussed programming for a set number of teams in the demo is far simpler than for the x number of teams in the actual game?

Sure, I could be wrong - this could be the year PES comes good. But I reckon its not. And you folks shouting about pre-ordering - congrats on screwing it up for another year for most of us who want to play a solid offline/online game.

We praise the game in hope that they will AT LEAST keep it the way it is today. Every year the game gets worse on release day.

That’s my biggest fear, that they will destroy the game trying to fix things ppl moan so much about (some of the reasons being strong, can’t deny).

PS: we all agree perfection is impossible tho.

I'm not insulting anyone, nor am I ranting. Nor do I want to derail the thread so please PM me if you want to discuss further.

Don't really have anything to add and won't say anything more. I just don't like people saying criticism is opposed on evo web when that is so far from the truth. Right now, playing this demo, most are just enjoying it for what it is. This doesn't mean opposing criticism, there will be time for criticism, i'm sure of it.

People expressing they like the demo and preordering it based on this demo are the ones to blame if Pes release code is worse? How did you reach that conclusion? Do you really believe criticizing and pointing at issues is the only good attitude?

Besides, many have already pointed at issues they want to be fixed, but they can also enjoy the good things this demo offers.
Personally i already told them on twitter to improve fouls system, lack of penalties and try to keep the AI as script free as possible.

I honestly don't think that the small number of teams means easier programming. I am comparing this demo to last years demo and Pes 2019 demo had even less teams but was so much worse in gameplay.

Sure, I could be wrong - this could be the year PES comes good. But I reckon its not. And you folks shouting about pre-ordering - congrats on screwing it up for another year for most of us who want to play a solid offline/online game
Heh... funny thing is that if I knew the game will stay as it is in the demo - I would pre order it right now.
But out of fear that it will all change - Im not.
Sure, there are small things and glitches that should be polished, but I could live with all the "issues", if full release kept the general feel of the demo.
Judging by last couple of years - its not pre orders and "happy" people that killed the game. Its full versions that were vastly different on release.
In Pes19 instead of polish AI and clipping, they nerfed visible fatique, increased game speed, pass accuracy, nerfed long range shots and got rid of ball randomness.
Not sure whats your angle and what do pre orders got to do with any of that.

feels like there is some herd mentality going on here. one person is not going with the flow and is getting picked on for it. It's better that not everyone agrees and there is some truth to what @Chris Davies is saying imo
couldnt disagree more this forum has more often not been mixed and honest. There were loads of pes slating for 18 and 19 and deservedly so. This years demo is liked by lots of people and again deservedly so. Just because a handful of people have ctitism that people disagree with or don't see it as a big issue doesn't equal a heard mentality

From my point of view, @Bhatti and @Konami shoul be paying more attention on topics like this one.

Tbh, i’d love to see a Konami representative joining us considering this is one of the oldest places to talk about PES. Also, considering the fact that here ppl actually express things in a mature manner. It would be win-win situation.

Instead, they rely on feedback coming on social networks from people that have no love or knowledge of this game or are just trolls.

This saddens me... because we can help them build a better game and everyone would be happy!

From my point of view, @Bhatti and @Konami shoul be paying more attention on topics like this one.

Tbh, i’d love to see a Konami representative joining us considering this is one of the oldest places to talk about PES. Also, considering the fact that here ppl actually express things in a mature manner. It would be win-win situation.

Instead, they rely on feedback coming on social networks from people that have no love or knowledge of this game or are just trolls.

This saddens me... because we can help them build a better game and everyone would be happy!

They should have an official moderated Pes forum, with community managers, just like EA has. The closest thing to that was Pesfan but they closed it.

Last edited:
When I pulled this one of on purpose just 20 minutes ago, I thought to myself: “PRO, dude, it’s time to create your first gif on PS4, link your twitter account and let the world know!”

Ladies and gents: Ivan Nutmegitic is in the house!! :LOL:

The finishing attempt curled way wide but the satisfaction before was like scoring a goal!! :)

That was nice, Sir Nut-a-Lot:KING:

The Rakitic animation is incredible with they way he sort of stumbles and genuinely looks confused!

How did you do it? Fake shot (:square:+:x:)?

Yes of course people who preorder are to blame if and when the game goes down the toilet.
We all know Konamis game plan is to produce a great demo then make it shit out of pure evil when pre orders are in.
Yes that's how it is...

Last 10 games online.
I did hope for something different this year, but no.

What a fucking SCRIPTED shitshow.
It is not about handicap or momentum anymore, but clearly scripting for keeping result as close as possible.

I won about 7 of this games, but every match is so driven, it is a shame.

2-1 is the most common result.

Even against obviously weaker player, it was 3-2, because on every my goal the AI would just bounce the ball for him for an easy tap in or stupid long ball for 1 on 1.

Maybe it is just my case, and ppl have different experiences..idk. But in last 10 games I can not win or lose with more than 1 goal.

I think it’s your case. In almost 30 games, i’ve managed to win 2,3,4,5:0 and lost the same manner sometimes. 3:2 and 2:1 scores i got only in 3 or 4 matches.

I guess this is our major disagreement - an unscripted, unpredictable action, sure, but I don't think you'd ever see that on "an actual broadcast". A goalkeeper swiping the ball down to his own feet in the middle of a star jump and heeling it away? How often have you seen a goalkeeper do that?

It's a really weird set of actions. Like one player is controlling his arms, and one his legs. Random, not realistic.

Same with another one of yours - a Man City player with full sight of the ball trajectory and acres of space, letting the ball hit him in the arse and losing possession? How often do you see a professional not even looking at the ball he's supposed to receive, just turning around to face the goal like he's got the ball under control when he hasn't? Random, not realistic.

The first vid you posted there even features the ball ghosting through a player's leg!!

But as has been said - one man's "glitchy" is another man's "wider variety of ball physics" so it's just one of those things that is personal preference, I guess.

I just can't shake the feeling that stuff like this in FIFA is usually laughed at by a certain type of PES fan, for being outlandish and glitchy, but is now being celebrated.

I understand, and yes it is kind of a glitch caused by the free ball you are totally right, but unlike in FIFA in PES players can regain their position or use an animation to control sometimes these balls. So it looks and feels like an "awh thats cool" scene.
I guess its the baby & the water thing. Personaly hope they dont erase it and go back to the 2019 ball physics.

Edit: and yes the clipping is still in the game and its ugly. But i kinda dont care after 20 years of PES if the physicality still works & it only looks bad.

In an attempt to move on, how about this. I know it's annoying to read constant criticism, so I'll try to keep it to myself for the next few weeks, except if I'm quoted about it.

I'll say what I said yesterday - the majority of what I see in the demo I love. The dribbling feels more natural to me than before, attributes seem to matter more defensively (especially when it comes to stopping those dribblers and committing fouls, which I'm beginning to notice more and more) and I'm just hoping for some positive tweaks at release time. So. Peace!

Your just as hyper critical and vocal about the other game.I get your passion and I don’t think there’s any bias with you..

Nothing wrong with wanting both games to be the best they can be.

I love your passion and you can’t say you don’t knock out a great post or two.All your points are valid and concise.

Don't really have anything to add and won't say anything more. I just don't like people saying criticism is opposed on evo web when that is so far from the truth. Right now, playing this demo, most are just enjoying it for what it is. This doesn't mean opposing criticism, there will be time for criticism, i'm sure of it.

People expressing they like the demo and preordering it based on this demo are the ones to blame if Pes release code is worse? How did you reach that conclusion? Do you really believe criticizing and pointing at issues is the only good attitude?

Besides, many have already pointed at issues they want to be fixed, but they can also enjoy the good things this demo offers.
Personally i already told them on twitter to improve fouls system, lack of penalties and try to keep the AI as script free as possible.

I honestly don't think that the small number of teams means easier programming. I am comparing this demo to last years demo and Pes 2019 demo had even less teams but was so much worse in gameplay.

I recall last years demo being good compared to final release - probably the easier matchmaking was what pleased me the most. But why is it easier to pull off demonstrating a better game in the demo - fixed match time, set teams, exh mode, lack of player levels, possibly more dedicated servers.

When you throw these factors into the final release you'll probs see that none of the issues that plague past pes have been addressed...and that there are so many variables apparent that the game will play nothing like the demo...so yes...those who preorder based on the demo are harming the game in my estimation.

if this was 2015 and we were none the wiser i'd agree with you but I've seen enough to stand by my thoughts.

[and i'll say again that if final release is a great game then i'll be pleased]

Glory be, time for the annual check-in - are we liking it this year?

Have had 2 full years of FIFA/PES now - longest in my adult life - and wondering if it's worth giving it a shot.

I recall last years demo being good compared to final release - probably the easier matchmaking was what pleased me the most. But why is it easier to pull off demonstrating a better game in the demo - fixed match time, set teams, exh mode, lack of player levels, possibly more dedicated servers.

Not for me. I distinctly remember AI being the number one issue in Pes 2019 demo and in the end AI was the number one issue with the final game too.

I also made a video to show how unrealistic and frustrating it was to play against low rated teams making offensive actions like they were Barcelona.

Haven't seen CPU play like this during the whole time i played Pes 2020 demo. So it definitely is a big improvement over that.

I'm talking offline gameplay, maybe you are talking about online.

…………….
Not sure whats your angle and what do pre orders got to do with any of that.

Come now. If you place an advance order for x number of product, I'm already thinking about how I maintain next years income so perhaps I give you an inferior product this year since you already paid and you come back for more.

Unethical but thank goodness for the customers that I'm not a businessman.

Glory be, time for the annual check-in - are we liking it this year?

Have had 2 full years of FIFA/PES now - longest in my adult life - and wondering if it's worth giving it a shot.
I’d say most are enjoying it. It’s very good this year but there are a few niggles that still need ironing out.

Not for me. I distinctly remember AI being the number one issue in Pes 2019 demo and in the end AI was the number one issue with the final game too.

I also made a video to show how unrealistic and frustrating it was to play against low rated teams making offensive actions like they were Barcelona.

Haven't seen CPU play like this during the whole time i played Pes 2020 demo. So it definitely is a big improvement over that.

*Shudders* When seeing last years demo again. That AI play is soul destroying!

Come now. If you place an advance order for x number of product, I'm already thinking about how I maintain next years income so perhaps I give you an inferior product this year since you already paid and you come back for more.

Unethical but thank goodness for the customers that I'm not a businessman.

Also, i would like to add that most of people praising this demo are hardcore Pes fans, the more casual or Myclub player fans don't like it. You should be much more worried about that. If they ruin the final code you should blame those guys for forcing Konami to please them.

Last 10 games online.
I did hope for something different this year, but no.

What a fucking SCRIPTED shitshow.
It is not about handicap or momentum anymore, but clearly scripting for keeping result as close as possible.

I won about 7 of this games, but every match is so driven, it is a shame.

2-1 is the most common result.

Even against obviously weaker player, it was 3-2, because on every my goal the AI would just bounce the ball for him for an easy tap in or stupid long ball for 1 on 1.

Maybe it is just my case, and ppl have different experiences..idk. But in last 10 games I can not win or lose with more than 1 goal.

You want to win every game 10 nil or 10 - 1? I'd of thought if your a much better player winning the game just 2-1 keeps things interesting for you and your opponent? Rather than being 5 nil up at half time on easy street and your opponent wondering if he should even bother with the second half?

Your probs right. I was experimenting with matchmaking in PES 2018 and I could not get PA0 matches even after an hour (which was a huge let down especially after collecting MyClub slots and players through the year).

So when the demo came along and I was matchmaking immediately that alone was 100% improvement for me. I didn't get so far/play enough games to analyse the mechanics - just tried to enjoy what I was finally able to play after a drought of online play.

Speaking of online, I don't think I've ever joined one of those "anyone fancy a game online, put your name down here" threads - but I had some great games against @janguv in the week.

If anyone wants a game, PA1 or PA0, give me a shout. Every game is a learning opportunity I think I need! :D

Got to say, without a doubt, my best football experience online has been in PES - last year (co-op) AND in the 2020 demo (1v1). Really good fun. If PA1 was more like PA0.5 I'd be addicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom