eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of online, I don't think I've ever joined one of those "anyone fancy a game online, put your name down here" threads - but I had some great games against @janguv in the week.

If anyone wants a game, PA1 or PA0, give me a shout. Every game is a learning opportunity I think I need! :D

Got to say, without a doubt, my best football experience online has been in PES - last year (co-op) AND in the 2020 demo (1v1). Really good fun. If PA1 was more like PA0.5 I'd be addicted.
You didnt used to be on Pro Evo Network many moons ago did you? PES 4-6 era? Recognise that name from there.

Come now. If you place an advance order for x number of product, I'm already thinking about how I maintain next years income so perhaps I give you an inferior product this year since you already paid and you come back for more.

Unethical but thank goodness for the customers that I'm not a businessman.

I don't think that's how it works in this specific case. Imho it's far, faar easier the opposite, namely that if they put out a demo with significant changes like they did this year, only for people to react coldly or blindly bash it (NOT talking about rightfully criticize it when it's the case, before we start again), the normal reaction would be to back pedal from it and present us something very different when the chance will come. Isn't this also why they completely changed philosophy after 2014?

Taking for granted that we are all adults and free to spend our money as we wish, a lot of people from this forum didn't preordered the full 19 last year, and even if it didn't save it from being the mess it was at release, it was the right choice to do. So I'll say that as it's legit to not buy it when it isn't convincing, then in the same vein when they do something that in your opinion is well done, it's also worth (if not vital) to support it.

That was nice, Sir Nut-a-Lot:KING:

The Rakitic animation is incredible with they way he sort of stumbles and genuinely looks confused!

How did you do it? Fake shot (:square:+:x:)?
Thanks.
Regular moving with LS and then the finesse dribbling with RS. Nothing more.
Speaking of online, I don't think I've ever joined one of those "anyone fancy a game online, put your name down here" threads - but I had some great games against @janguv in the week.

If anyone wants a game, PA1 or PA0, give me a shout. Every game is a learning opportunity I think I need! :D

Got to say, without a doubt, my best football experience online has been in PES - last year (co-op) AND in the 2020 demo (1v1). Really good fun. If PA1 was more like PA0.5 I'd be addicted.
You will play and love it (besides it’s flaws)! I put 10 bucks on that! :D

Also, i would like to add that most of people praising this demo are hardcore Pes fans, the more casual or Myclub player fans don't like it. You should be much more worried about that. If they ruin the final code you should blame those guys for forcing Konami to please them.

This..

The myclub and likewise fut guys,will always buy the game..Irrespective of the gameplay.

Your post is bang on though..But in the grand scheme of things I don’t think it really would make any difference.

The real issue is both companies pandering to these users and diluting there product with patches.

Sales last year for both titles wouldn’t have fallen if the gameplay had remained pretty much how it was out of the box albeit bug fixes and cosmetic enhancements.

It’s not like there’s any alternative and most people will buy either one or both.

A little out of left field here, a Steve Guppy cross of a question, but has anyone heard anything about League mode? (Not ML - actual League mode)

I’ve asked the official channels quite a few times now, obviously without response despite my politeness. Has anyone else seen any news about it being in, or out, or shaken all about?

I know it’s not the most popular game mode, but it’s what me and my mates play. Yeah I do have real life genuine friends, definitely not eyes drawn on pillow cases with elaborate back stories, real actual friends, honest. Anyway...

I despise that there still isn't a button for a more powerful ground pass. The floaty, slow passes irritate the **** out of me.

Of course saying that on the PES pages on social media results in Konami fan boys (who seem to be some of the worst fan boys I've ever come across) saying "omg go play fifa if u want an arcade game pes is da best!", despite the fact that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Apparently pinging a powerful pass is only in FIFA and doesn't happen in real life.

Here are some fuma demo moments I want to share with you guys.

I like the net sound! :D
WHAT A GOAL! Jesus that's amazing. I've not scored a long ranger yet, but that looks so natural. WOW.

A little out of left field here, a Steve Guppy cross of a question, but has anyone heard anything about League mode? (Not ML - actual League mode)
I've seen a few posts about this - I wouldn't worry too much. They'd be mad to take it out, and there ARE modes in the final game (e.g. Matchday Mode) that aren't represented on the demo's main menu.

The thing that irritates me the most online is the fact that most of my opponents play with SPEED button pressed from start to the end. I think ppl playing like that should be punished (improved fatigue system maybe?).

I like to build my game passing around like in real life and sometimes it’s impossible to do that. Everyone is rushing me down the pitch. Playing PA1 only makes me miss passes from time to time and it’s annoying not having time to breathe an entire game.

WHAT A GOAL! Jesus that's amazing. I've not scored a long ranger yet, but that looks so natural. WOW.

I've seen a few posts about this - I wouldn't worry too much. They'd be mad to take it out, and there ARE modes in the final game (e.g. Matchday Mode) that aren't represented on the demo's main menu.

I remember a few years ago they removed it and received a bit of backlash for doing so, I’m hopeful, but not confident

I just got destroyed online!
Maybe someday, I'll get good at this game:CRY:
It's not my time yet:DD
Screenshot-25.png

Thank you mate.
I was so hardcore smiling when the ball went in. And yep, it looks so freaking natural. Love it.
Man.. not really a full manual fan, but I completely loved it all! Some of those shots an actions are truly outstanding, well done!
Thanks as well!
pro, that was a 'ronaldo-chop' that you did for your nutmeg! Very nice!
Thank you for teaching me. So it’s even better! :)
Love the goal at 1.50, Animations and finish are so natural. Just a shame our PS4's cannot record in 60fps to show it properly.
And that was intended. Like all my actions are. That’s the beauty of manual. Only to blame myself (most of the time)! :)
The goal that followed made it even sweeter. First that little easy layer to the ground right side. Second that rocket to the upper left corner. I was so delighted.
:LOVE:

You want to win every game 10 nil or 10 - 1? I'd of thought if your a much better player winning the game just 2-1 keeps things interesting for you and your opponent? Rather than being 5 nil up at half time on easy street and your opponent wondering if he should even bother with the second half?

It is not about the score itself. It is about skill gap which seems so small for me atm.

It does not matter if you are using dribbling, advanced tactic and generally "smarter" play or not.
It does not matter If I close down all of my opponents players, or if I look better on the pitch. Or oposite.
The game just flows to final score of 2-1 :)

And yes, I would like to score ALL of my chances, and 10-0 is just fine. It is a game. eFootball. Competetive computer game.

I would rather have scores like 34142235-546453 if there were no script/momentum/handicap at all.

Because it is very unfair that my attacker or defender goes in some lunatic mode, so the game could justifies some realistic score.

Maybe it is ok against CPU...but no..not even then.

Anyway, It could be just my series of games recently..But It seems so strange..I just could not know If I have played well or not.

and while I was typing this...there comes a post of 0-10 in an online match :)

Last edited:
anyone feels excited about the ml this year?
I think the demo surprised me
before the demo I read information from official website and I knew the features
I thought many of them were overhyped as always from konami
but after playing the demo, I don't think they are overhyped
in fact they are quite good and fairly represent what they announced on the website
and thats what surprised me, more than I expected
so now I go back the official website to read the information again
Realistic transfer system?um.... I think its definitely not some overhyped bullsh1t
there will be something special this year I believe, fingers crossed!

Last edited:
If PES 5 and PES 2013 had a baby, it would be this PES 2020 demo.

I really, REALLY like it. There's so many cool little things I'm noticing with every game.

I think I'm in Day One. PLEASE don't change the game too much, Konami.

Oh and as for fouls - I just played Man U v Juventus. I hardly fouled them - I'm using 'X' if the tackle is on, otherwise I position myself and steal the ball by using the left stick and patience.

Watching the Community Shield, hands up, maybe I have been too harsh on some of the bad player touches. (And City have just scored from a rubbish shot and goalkeeping blunder as I type, ha.) Maybe I'm too used to video-game football. So, sorry guys (including @Ameppe).

(I will say though there are tons of contacts between players that the referee is letting go, that are guaranteed fouls in the demo! But, I guess in a video-game, you've got to punish things more harshly or people will just constantly pressure etc. - so I get it.)

Just remembered a question I had - does the deliberate foul (double-tapping X/A when not head-on with the ball carrier) always result in a yellow card? It has for me so far, I'd like to get away with it occasionally (or there's no point using it).

Also, has anyone conceded a long-range goal to the AI yet? I'd love to see that!

(Oh and @gabe.paul.logan - I'd love to see a full match from your demo using the poorer Prem / Championship teams!)

Last edited:
Also, has anyone conceded a long-range goal to the AI yet? I'd love to see that!
Yes, from some south american team. Really nice, finesse, curved shot from range, not just outside the box like in Pes19.
Also, had few proper screamers myself on manual, one gone in off the bar in 92nd minute, giving me 2-2 draw.
But I dont record anymore, since @PRO_TOO is not happy with the quality of my clips. :LOL:

Watching the Community Shield, hands up, maybe I have been too harsh on some of the bad player touches. (And City have just scored from a rubbish shot and goalkeeping blunder as I type, ha.) Maybe I'm too used to video-game football.

(But - sorry!!! - there are tons of contacts between players that the referee is letting go, that are guaranteed fouls in the demo!)

Just remembered a question I had - does the deliberate foul (double-tapping X/A when not head-on with the ball carrier) always result in a yellow card? It has for me so far, I'd like to get away with it occasionally (or there's no point using it).

(Oh and @gabe.paul.logan - I'd love to see a full match from your demo using the poorer Prem / Championship teams!)
It’s always been a yellow card for me.
Let me go thought my recordings... I had one, I’m sure.

Yes, from some south american team. Really nice, finesse, curved shot from range, not just outside the box like in Pes19.
Also, had few proper screamers myself on manual, one gone in off the bar in 92nd minute, giving me 2-2 draw.
But I dont record anymore, since @PRO_TOO is not happy with the quality of my clips. :LOL:
Told you, ps4 is always recoding. You just set the amount of time it’s doing it in the background. Just press the share button, dude! ;)
But I get ya!
Gimme some more vintage footage!! :PP

Told you, ps4 is always recoding. You just set the amount of time it’s doing it in the background. Just press the share button, dude! ;)
But I get ya!
Gimme some more vintage footage!! :PP
I dont even know where to start and how to make compilation out of them. But i'll crack it soon enough, promise.

Watching the Community Shield, hands up, maybe I have been too harsh on some of the bad player touches. (And City have just scored from a rubbish shot and goalkeeping blunder as I type, ha.) Maybe I'm too used to video-game football. So, sorry guys (including @Ameppe).

(I will say though there are tons of contacts between players that the referee is letting go, that are guaranteed fouls in the demo! But, I guess in a video-game, you've got to punish things more harshly or people will just constantly pressure etc. - so I get it.)

Might give it a go! Player v cpu or cpu v cpu?
Thanks for the heads up btw about the CS. Totally forget about that its cup weekend.

I’ve conceded a long range volley. Happened today, Boca midfielder smashed it in my GK didn’t get near it. What made it look cool is that it hit the underneath of bar and went in. Anyone remember Paul Scholes volley v Aston Villa many years ago? Very similar.

I never ONCE saw a goal like that in PES 2019 from the CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom