eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting plenty of shots going far and wide!
Not so much from the AI, but definitely from me hahaha.

Well if I had to choose 4 sliders, those would be:
-PASS SPEED
-PASS ERROR
-FIRST TOUCH ERROR
-ACCELERATION/SPRINT SPEED
Obviously for each side (Human and CPU).

With those 4, we could make a whole different game. Take it much closer to a realistic experience.
In case they nerf it ,it would be great!
Don't think Pes will have sliders,but a few like you suggested,would be all for it bro

Amm.... what ?? Such a poor video... " Here see, you can do some cool stuff, thx for watching " That maybe is the WORST Weedens tutorial ever. It's clearly made for views.

It does have the controller buttons showing you what he's doing though.

@Emroth
I'm getting to grips with defending as well. I find super cancel to be very important, and I didn't realize this until I saw the Spoony's Pizza video that was shared earlier.

I'm not interested in online at all. It will be me choosing the likes of Aston Villa and Newcastle and coming up against Liverpool and Barcelona. Every. Single. Time.
On assisted settings - yes.
On FUMA - i dont think so. People playing on manual are usually more mature and pick more interesting teams. Even on the demo (where I usually use Bayern or Arsenal), 9/10 times I play against south american teams.

Amm.... what ?? Such a poor video... " Here see, you can do some cool stuff, thx for watching " That maybe is the WORST Weedens tutorial ever. It's clearly made for views.
It’s all said. There is nothing more to it (the basics of finesse dribbling). But I get your point. He did better videos before. Anyway, it’s the start for PES academy.... so...
Important is: flicking and holding RS is 2 different things. I guess that alone is causing some confusion.
I beg ya guys, leave R2 alone for now. Focus on the sticks first. :)
Don’t get me wrong. I just want you to get the most out of it while still looking out for tips and tricks myself!!

Looking at how buggy their Speed slider already feels, I tremble at the thought of and early complete slider system konami developed..

@amartingil
I'd love to use the Stadium cam, but my TV is simply too small at around 32" with my sofa 2-3 meters away.

Knew I should have gotten the 40 something inches back then:CRY:

Of course, be confortable it's mandatory. Maybe you could try zoom in at max.

I'm not interested in online at all. It will be me choosing the likes of Aston Villa and Newcastle and coming up against Liverpool and Barcelona. Every. Single. Time.

I don't understand why isn't there any team filter. If we haven't had it this year, it'll be unforgivable.

On assisted settings - yes.
On FUMA - i dont think so. People playing on manual are usually more mature and pick more interesting teams. Even on the demo (where I usually use Bayern or Arsenal), 9/10 times I play against south american teams.
On FUMA it takes me too long to find a match. I'm on PS4 yet still just sit there for minutes at a time. My gaming time is limited, not wasting it sitting there staring at Konami's dull menus. :)

I beg ya guys, leave R2 alone for now. Focus on the sticks first. :)
Don’t get me wrong. I just want you to get the most out of it while still looking out for tips and tricks myself!!

I can’t, it’s too deep in my system. Plus, the example I gave earlier (skipping past a full back) used to be so intuitive and easy. Just hold R1 (index) and R2 (middle) then release middle finger and double tap R1.

Now I have to do what? Hold L and R in direction of the touchline, then release R and tap R1? It feels super awkward.

Plus, you could do basic tricks just with the left stick. That seems to have gone as well.

(Btw. Outside of these things I like it a lot)

Looking at how buggy their Speed slider already feels, I tremble at the thought of and early complete slider system konami developed..
People make too much of sliders in my opinion, like they 'save FIFA' every year. They don't. I've probably said it before and bored a few of you but in my experience, sliders fix one thing you don't like but at the same time, break another thing.

I've tried Operation Sports sliders for the other game two years running and they simply make the game even easier than it is already.

On FUMA it takes me too long to find a match. I'm on PS4 yet still just sit there for minutes at a time. My gaming time is limited, not wasting it sitting there staring at Konami's dull menus. :)
Yeah, that is a bit of a pain in the hoop.
Same here - ps4 and limited time.
Once we have full version there might be a way of creating a room or something. We could gather few Evo-lads from time to time and just play few friendlies. I couldnt care less about climbing any virtual ladders, so friendlies would do me.

People make too much of sliders in my opinion, like they 'save FIFA' every year. They don't. I've probably said it before and bored a few of you but in my experience, sliders fix one thing you don't like but at the same time, break another thing.

I've tried Operation Sports sliders for the other game two years running and they simply make the game even easier than it is already.

Exactly. Sliders only work well for true sandbox games, and PES is even further away from FIFA in that regards.

For me the same applies for patches..Bug fixes,cosmetic enhancements never a bad thing.But alterations to gameplay,always detrimental.

I get all the pros of sliders/gameplay customisation,and more power to the people that adhere to that believe system.

In my mind though,bed in a new game first.Learn it’s nuances and try to understand the philosophy behind its design.

Of course, be confortable it's mandatory. Maybe you could try zoom in at max.

I don't understand why isn't there any team filter. If we haven't had it this year, it'll be unforgivable.

Tried the zoom but at around 8 the angle gets really messed up when the ball is on the near sideline. Guess I'll just have to do without it. I hope the broadcast cam will come with zoom option in the full game though.

Btw I don't understand either why there's no team strenght filter. I could care less about opponent player strenght but team filter is very much missing.

That and sliders won’t change the others game dna!! The evil is in the roots, like in PES!

Having a blast at the moment with the demo...let's hope they won't ruin the final version. The ball physics are at a whole another level compared to the other football games.
Some crazy backheel deflection assist from Suarez.
giphy.gif

Nice chip from Suarez.
giphy.gif

I wonder if they will make the transition well to the next generation (PS5/Xbox Scarlet)...or we will end up one step backwards (oh the memories of PES 2008 after playing PES 5/6...).

Having a blast at the moment with the demo...let's hope they won't ruin the final version. The ball physics are at a whole another level compared to the other football games.
Some crazy backheel deflection assist from Suarez.
giphy.gif

Nice chip from Suarez.
giphy.gif

I wonder if they will make the transition well to the next generation (PS5/Xbox Scarlet)...or we will end up one step backwards (oh the memories of PES 2008 after playing PES 5/6...).
That chip is delicious.

I can accept that, as I said in the post. The example I give isn't the best and when it happens quickly, it can look good. But the only reason he ended up "stomaching" that ball directly (and I mean directly) to the opposition striker (it never seems to create a loose ball, it seems to magnetise to someone), the only reason is because the "first touch, then move in a straight line" animation kept playing, so he (and you) are powerless.

In reality, he'd be immediately turning into the acre of empty space away from his own goal (not committing football suicide and "stomaching" it backwards). But again, I accept that it's nice to see mistakes. Just like it's nice to see fouls.

Just seen two examples in a short few playing minutes(as you mentioned happens very often), these are great examples of the bouncy & unpredictable ball and the midfield battle it can create. In love.

Atsu tried to win the ball twice without success after he went into a tight situation with his agility.
Ritchie first controlled the ball with his knee, then accidently again with his left foot.
Keeper master skill or blooper? Its like something you see on an actual broadcast.
Ronaldinho who?

On an extra note, im playing with these lower EPL teams possible there are more lower rated SA teams in the default demo. I love how the game slowes down compared to high end teams if you cover the spaces more. Will be a delight to play those Serie B ML matches with far less technical but more physical players!

Last edited:
Just seen two examples in a short few playing minutes(as you mentioned happens very often), these are great examples of the bouncy & unpredictable ball and the midfield battle it can create. In love.

Atsu tried to win the ball twice without success after he went into a tight situation with his agility.
Ritchie first controlled the ball with his knee, then accidently again with his left foot.

On an extra note, im playing with these lower EPL teams possible there are more lower rated SA teams in the default demo. I love how the game slowes down compared to high end teams if you cover the spaces more. Will be a delight to play those Serie B ML matches with far less technical but more physical players!
Is that on PC mate? Silly question really seeing as you’ve got Newcastle v Watford!

Ok so earlier in the week I said I didn't feel much difference with this demo and I called it spongy.

Well I am revising that opinion.

Whisper it quietly but finally, finally Konami might have a game on their hands.

Firstly if they can slightly improve in places and not meddle too much with patching this will be the top footy game of the year no question. And I've been a bad skeptic.

What they have improved:

- first touch and contextual touch
- dribbling. You can feel the difference with messi and Dybala
- Shooting. Its so so much better now. Contextual shooting. I love the wild efforts the fall ing over efforts. Ive seen shots narrowly miss, shots dragged wide, daisy cutters, people falling over and mis shooting. I love it!
- AI is far far superior than in previous games. Theres a nice balance on professional, i see some clever play but also some sloppy play. Misplaced passes and outside of the foot through balls. CPU really mixes it up at times. I fouled the CPU on the edge of the box and instead of taking a shot, they took a quick free kick and dissected my centre halves, whipping a ball low across the box for a tap in. Caught me cold. I love that.
- Long distance shooting. Yes its here! The CPU hits shots from distance and from all around the box
- Physicality and ball physics. Much much improved, seen some nice fouls from clever footwork. Some great rebounds that created random situations.

Things that need to improve slightly

- Ive stolen the ball a few times off the backline whilst they are passing it around that can be a little easy to do at times
- Keepers. When they advance out of goal in a 1v1 they can't adjust position and you can walk past them in most situations
Keepers. Still feel they need a little more animation but much improved.

Well I'm looking forward to this as long as they don't patch out the goodness or they deliver a product inferior to the demo. Lets all hope.

I'm getting plenty of shots going far and wide!
Not so much from the AI, but definitely from me hahaha.

Well if I had to choose 4 sliders, those would be:
-PASS SPEED
-PASS ERROR
-FIRST TOUCH ERROR
-ACCELERATION/SPRINT SPEED
Obviously for each side (Human and CPU).

With those 4, we could make a whole different game. Take it much closer to a realistic experience.
I would add line length and marking to the list.

Couldn't agree more.

Somebody will think of this as "broken" or whatever, but after years and years of ball more or less glued to players, I find it so refreshing.. it gives plays an aliveness and random component that was completely lacking by almost all the games of this gen. Neglecting first touch error was imho one of the reasons why games post 2014 often felt so dull.

Now I hope that they'll build from this base on. It can be refined, but it must stay.

Man this is such a weird one but having 3D grass now during gameplay feels so right to me.
Nothing worse than getting a freekick and seeing not a tiny bit of 3d detail and a pure 2d textures.

On freekicks, Penalties, Corners, Even live Player cam like in BAL has the 3d grass on the pitch.

Unluckily PS4 standard still has flat textures right there but the pro got the good treatment and on PC you can set everything to high ofcourse (Dont forget if your pc can handle it! Always defaulted on medium)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom