eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.S. FFS Konami, why 5 minute demo again. Ridiculous.
Well, they fished you out and got you to post in here again. So that worked :P

It could be called mustard turkey sandwich 3000 for all we care.
giphy.gif

Man I've just played a Boca (me) - River under the rain.. just wow. I'm speechless. I won 2-1 a super close match that FELT like two teams of their caliber.. pure football. I don't know if they'll manage to screw this up but at the moment I'm blown away, my expectations were so low that to see all this stuff I hopelessly asked for in the years (phisicality, FTE, randomness) all at once is almost overwhelming :D. At this rate, I'll literally play this demo more than I played the whole, complete 2019.

By the way, little random nutmeg bonus, which sum up the spirit of the match above:

The replay cam does not do full justice to it, when it happened with the usual cam I play with my jaw dropped on my keyboard :D

This game has a lot of small nice details. I really like the shooting; finally they added some variety to it!

Here's some random recordings I've made thus far:

Beautiful standing Coutinho shot

Wide shot by the AI

The fake shot through ball (not that I've mastered this yet)

Random deflection almost leads to goal

Strange mistouch by the AI

It has already been confirmed by Adam that the difficulty in general will be ramped up for the full release.

I think they have basically put out an accessible taster to the market to try and catch as many fish as possible (and why wouldn't you). They also may be waiting to make any final tweaks to the AI until some feedback starts rolling in.

I guess we can only hope that "ramped up" doesn't mean AI bullshit and cheating. Fingers crossed.

They need to rework the hold R1 to “stop and turn goalwards” animation from ground up. It slow, archaic and takes control off player in tight situations.
It would have been so useful to turn instantly (when the ball is stationary of course)and would make much more sense to get you body in between instantly and shield.

Man I've just played a Boca (me) - River under the rain.. just wow. I'm speechless. I won 2-1 a super close match that FELT like two teams of their caliber.. pure football. I don't know if they'll manage to screw this up but at the moment I'm blown away, my expectations were so low that to see all this stuff I hopelessly asked for in the years (phisicality, FTE, randomness) all at once is almost overwhelming :D. At this rate, I'll literally play this demo more than I played the whole, complete 2019.

By the way, little random nutmeg bonus, which sum up the spirit of the match above:

The replay cam does not do full justice to it, when it happened with the usual cam I play with my jaw dropped on my keyboard :D
That match is just awesome. Played it over and over again!! This derby match really shines!! :WORSHIP:
I encourage everyone to try it. I played on top played. 5 minutes. ;)

What stadium do you prefer?

Last edited:
I haven't stop playing this demo. I'm it's slave until the final version is out. Can barely sleep.

I am finally back on Manual Shooting with this demo. It's perfectly calibrated and very organic. The last time I used manual shooting was with PES 2016. Ball physics are unbelievably organic. If the final version doesn't resemble this demo, I will keep this demo and play it forever.

Back to play some more.. ⚽⚽⚽

Can anyone confirm if weak foot and strong foot is implemented properly here. I mean i noticed some shots going wide and very error prone.(this is a good thing btw).

Hoping its the players trying on their weak foot and the ball goes wide.

It's really nice to see we're not all moaning about the following for a change!

Too many back heels
Rocket Shots or awful shooting mechanics
Floaty Keeper animations
Ping Pong Passing
Game speed too fast
No look passing accuracy too high
Lack of physicality or poor physics system
Passing accuracy too high/assisted
Not enough player individuality
Repetitive soul destroying A.i (this is subject to change although early signs are promising!)

Now I'm not saying that all things on the list are perfect or that game doesn't have other issues but I do think all these have somewhat been addressed in the last year by Konami and they deserve some credit where credit is due. The early signs are extremely promising for this game and it has the potential to be one the best offerings we've had from our friends in Japan since the PS2 era.

I feel it's now a hoping, praying & waiting game to see if they are brave enough to stick with their vision, make a few tweaks here & there and don't completely butcher this game before release or patch it to death!

It's too early to say for sure, but we might have an absolute classic on our hands here.

Too many back heels
Floaty Keeper animations
Ping Pong Passing
Game speed too fast
Repetitive soul destroying A.i (this is subject to change although early signs are promising!)

Now I'm not saying that all things on the list are perfect or that game doesn't have other issues but I do think all these have somewhat been addressed in the last year by Konami and they deserve some credit where credit is due. The early signs are extremely promising for this game and it has the potential to be one the best offerings we've had from our friends in Japan since the PS2 era.

I feel it's now a hoping, praying & waiting game to see if they are brave enough to stick with their vision, make a few tweaks here & there and don't completely butcher this game before release or patch it to death!

It's too early to say for sure, but we might have an absolute classic on our hands here.
Are CPU goalkeepers float like Super Mario while he is under the feather power-up, in the high corner shoots?

Too many back heels
Floaty Keeper animations
Ping Pong Passing
Game speed too fast

its really good as the way they have implemented ball control to prevent silly one touch passes have also benefited advanced shooting. 99% of times in the past i could get into a postion and aim bottom corner coming inside from the wing and it would normally go in or be on target regardless of body position, i could even have been facing away from goal. Now i cant do this, you have to be properly set to shoot and even then theres no guarantees

Did you guys got an update today on the consoles too?.

We got a big update (for a demo) on PC.
We're not sure what it changed yet.
Nothing on PS4 yet.

Being happy over the online performance of my first two matches I played online again last night. Stable connection was required from my side. None of those games last night were lag free. Quite the opposite. But this might be down to weekend play time at midnight. But 10 min matches are a relief if you played offline for more than 3 hours in one instance. :D

Too many back heels
Floaty Keeper animations
Ping Pong Passing
Game speed too fast

btw the guys who asked for this stuff for years and said it was better in PES 5/6 were told they had "unrealistic expectations" and "nostalgia goggles". I just hope they can use same philosophy in other areas that are suffering from dumbed down mode, like free kicks. right now there is not even a point posting them, which is a shame because physics/animations are quite good.

also I don't understand the insinstence to never copy FIFA, stuff like X to skip replays, anything that makes the transition easier is a good thing for Konami and PES to steal more FIFA players. it's not like it's some DNA thing, in PES you can't even watch your goal replays online which is another thing to be fixed btw

Too many back heels
Floaty Keeper animations
Ping Pong Passing
Game speed too fast

It's all too good to be true. I have this terrible feeling every single thing you described will be present in final code, again, making the game a lot less enjoyable to play than it is now.

also I don't understand the insinstence to never copy FIFA, stuff like X to skip replays, anything that makes the transition easier is a good thing for Konami and PES to steal more FIFA players. it's not like it's some DNA thing, in PES you can't even watch your goal replays online which is another thing to be fixed btw

Fifa has so many quality of life improvements that Pes needs. I want to watch a specific replay, why do i have to manually skip every single replay until i can see the one i want in highlights, instead of having a really useful menu like in Fifa where you can choose a specific replay from a list?

Also, what about a foul replay frequency setting, letting us choose how many foul replays we want to see each match.

High frequency to see all replays, mid frequency to see just card fouls replays, none to see no foul replays at all.

Last edited:
It's all too good to be true. I have this terrible feeling every single thing you described will be present in final code, again, making the game a lot less enjoyable to play than it is now.
And this is the big worry. After I got my hands on the demo I said there's absolutely no way they'll leave it like this. It does need a few tweaks in some areas but if Konami tweak the wrong things even just a fraction too much we could be playing a much different game in September. I just hope to be proved wrong.

Last edited:
After some surgery at the dentist yesterday I’m free as a bird this weekend.
On today’s schedule: lovely breakfast. the demo. Supercup vs Dortmund.

Boca vs River in rain it is again. :D

Bollox. :LOL:
I got @PRO_TOO on WhatsApp, we timed our button presses like we were launching a nuke, we were both on FUMA (so there should be less "competition") and we both ended up playing against someone else.
Could be Friday tho, there might be bigger crowd out there. Ah well..

Lol.
Seems that I came in between.
I got paired with PRO and he told me, he tried to play you :p

Good game, PRO_TOO

Did they tone done the fouls with the latest update maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom