eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday, i'm playing 10 minutes on full manual against superstar com. I found something that hilarious. Here is the video on full match. I don't know if someone already notice this 'bugs'. cheers.
Why would u play on the normal long camera when u can select the game changing stadium cam lol

There’s a fair performance difference between the two..Not only is the X version smoother,it’s also doesn’t have the delay or lag..Shifting between the two you can really feel how unresponsive the PS4 version is in comparison..The pro is working it’s socks off and it does have a knock on effect on the game..May be a optimisation issue.
So wht to do sell ps4....just because its less responsive?

Someone has said to use R2 and left stick to shield the ball but i have R2 set to sprint, manual pass to R1 and L2 to special controls - would it be L2 for me?

Someone has said to use R2 and left stick to shield the ball but i have R2 set to sprint, manual pass to R1 and L2 to special controls - would it be L2 for me?
yes, i would think so!
will test this myself tonigt!

@OBH so i was testing that stepover move after receiving the ball last night. and yes, i have to agree, it is hard to pull of. the timing needs to be spot on, same with the stick movement. that was easier to do before and yes, this might be down to R2 double usage. anyway, i did some stepovers after receiving the ball (1-2 sec. later when the ball rested) but it was complicated.
in the future i will focus on learning just a few tricks and master them. not a big trickster but i need some weapons up my sleeve! :)

@Chris Davies i played colo-colo vs. barca the whole night. first tried on my prefered level of professional. they were very tame, not going into red offense mode once. posession was about 60/40 for me! thats not the barca i expected to see. they are walking in straight lines a lot over the pitch giving the player (me) more chances of battling for the ball. i did notice that especially when at higher difficulty settings. the team is awaken! :)
i then upped the difficulty to superstar, wich i usually never play because in the past it was so clinical and robotic. i was suprised how this played out in 2020. barca did up the game, red offense mode on and pressuring around my pen area. the finishes were to clinical in the end but the build up play was more direct, not to much tiki taka, but direct enough to give me the illusion of playing mighty barca! posession and shots on target were much better than. 40/60 for barca. i did see some fouls as well wich was nice. i think i like the foul system so far.
then i set the difficulty to top player and i enjoyed that the most! barca played red offensive, little pressure, better player like rakitic and messi stood out (like on top player)!

finally, and thats how my day ended, i played 2 matches of Bayern vs. ManUnited on top player. i might settle with this after some more matches. in 2019 it was to tough for me playing fuma on top player. 2020 might be different! i think it brings out more personality of players and teams. but lets see...

thanks to all of you hinting at things, giving advice and making me a better player/seeing things in a different light! i love that community! :LOVE:

Last edited:
Why would u play on the normal long camera when u can select the game changing stadium cam lol
I said in an earlier post the munich keeper (maybe all) have a starting position outside the area when the ball is in opposite half - i'm sure they will tame this - i do actually like how much they come off their line it's better than permanently stuck on it but it just need to be balanced to avoid exploits , not that it will effect me as i just wont look for that shot all the time and i dont play online

There’s a fair performance difference between the two..Not only is the X version smoother,it’s also doesn’t have the delay or lag..Shifting between the two you can really feel how unresponsive the PS4 version is in comparison..The pro is working it’s socks off and it does have a knock on effect on the game..May be a optimisation issue.

The default camera also stutters while moving on the PS4,it’s smooth and seamless on the X.

Just all round a more polished demo.
Wasn't that the case for Pes 17 or 18 demo as well (it played smoother on the xb than PS4)
Remember reading comparisons from users that had both.

So wht to do sell ps4....just because its less responsive?

It’s more then just response..The physics just look better and the way the ball behaves when you shoot..I’ve noticed it with passing to..

Maintaining graphical fidelity and trying to maintain 60 FPS on the PS4 has knock on effects on input,as well as gameplay.

The other thing to remember when comparing console demos is that, It's a demo at the end of the day. A 5gb one at that. We all know the full game will be the usual 40gb, There's a chance the optimization will improve come final release.

One thing I haven’t mentioned is that the sound design is still absolutely appalling on PES.

*Entrances are quiet
*There is NO cheering when away teams score
*Crowd chants are far, far too quiet
*When you score the crowd cheers for literally only two seconds

For all it’s obvious improvements the sound & atmosphere is still rubbish.

One thing I haven’t mentioned is that the sound design is still absolutely appalling on PES.

*Entrances are quiet

Agree on that. There's no build up before a goal. It's quiet then it just explodes with noise then quiet again straight away.

Reactions: OBH
There's something odd about this. I don't think it's a bug either (because it's been there in every build we've seen footage of).

When I played my first game in the demo, the away team scored and the away fans cheered. I reported on here and said "hooray it's fixed". Since then, I don't think they've cheered again...

I thought the lack of sounds (no commentary, minimal chanting) could have been because it's the demo - maybe they were trying to reduce the download size?

*Entrances are quiet

Yep, the audio in general is absolutely horrendous, they really really must focus on that next year (should've been this year really, but for whatever reason, it hasn't been focused on). The audio leaves a lot to be desired, commentary for example, has far too few lines, I lost count how many times I heard that "sparkling, absolutely sparkling" line uttered by Jim Beglin, got so grating that I turned off the commentary completely. It shouldn't be like that, too many years now the commentary in particular has been rubbish. They definitely made the right move moving from Jon Champion to Peter Drury though, I like him as a commentator, but they haven't implemented him properly.

Another thing is the music, there are far too few songs, so they become extremely repetitive, and it gets far worse when on PES 2019 they removed a few songs in one of the updates, as their license for the songs expired (sorry, but, why on earth did they strike a deal to include some music for only part of the duration of the year? makes no sense whatsoever), I think maybe 3 or 4 songs were removed, so that left us hearing the same songs over & over again!

I don't even wanna go there with the crowd audio, its pathetic, anyone have fond memories of "RIVERPOO" chants from I think it was PES 2009, can we honestly say that audio has progressed since then? I dont think so.

It's such a shame because if they could finally sort out issues such as audio, it would make the game feel so much better, goals are underwhelming because of the crap audio :(

Reactions: OBH
I thought the lack of sounds (no commentary, minimal chanting) could have been because it's the demo - maybe they were trying to reduce the download size?
Possible, but the sound was just as bad on 2019 so I wouldn’t bet on it just being a demo thing.

On behalf of greek pes community i have to share this:
When attacking, with R2 + left analog, player uses his back to shield the ball, even when moving.
Test it!
It is gamechanging.

I tried it and it works, but it also works with just left analog. What is the difference between the two inputs?

Also, when shielding the ball i received three fouls in just few minutes. It seems like CPU goes crazy when they can't steal the ball easily.

With the ridiculous amount of non-fouls called by the ref, I'd expect an increase in the probability of the ai conceding a penalty but apparently not.

I tried it and it works, but it also works with just left analog. What is the difference between the two inputs?

Also, when shielding the ball i received three fouls in just few minutes. It seems like CPU goes crazy when they can't steal the ball easily.
yeah, i always only used LS to get my players body in the way and the contextual shielding started. dont know what adding R2 brings to the table.

Thanks. Pitty you cant edit the game on xbox with a patch...

I do what I can with the Xbox version,within its confines..I always pick up fifa aswell and shift between both games throughout the year.

This will be the first pes Ive brought since 17 and prior to that 14..Thought they were on the right track with 17.The rest of my time due to commitments,kids.Is generally split between playing retro pes and a unpatched fifa19 football wise.

I took a 36 hour break from the demo, Just had 4 games there and im totally in love with it. This for me is the best football title since PES 6, We have had a couple of decent Fifa's (decent not good) but they do not touch this infact id rate this higher than PES 6 gameplay wise and it's defo pushing PES 3 & 5 for best ever. The right stick dribbling is just genius really got the hang of it now and it's a game changer. The animations, the ball physics, the new camera it all just adds up for a brilliant game.

If the game comes out as it is gameplay wise or even 10% better im happy to overlook all the other things wrong with it ie; Crowd, Commentary etc as gameplay is most definitely king this year.

The worrying thing is a new engine next year, Will they be back again to square one after finally making a great game? Jeez.

I don't think pressing R2 does anything when shielding the ball to be honest.
I can't find any instances where the player shields the ball when wouldn't do so without it.

Yep, the audio in general is absolutely horrendous, they really really must focus on that next year (should've been this year really, but for whatever reason, it hasn't been focused on). The audio leaves a lot to be desired, commentary for example, has far too few lines, I lost count how many times I heard that "sparkling, absolutely sparkling" line uttered by Jim Beglin, got so grating that I turned off the commentary completely. It shouldn't be like that, too many years now the commentary in particular has been rubbish. They definitely made the right move moving from Jon Champion to Peter Drury though, I like him as a commentator, but they haven't implemented him properly.

Another thing is the music, there are far too few songs, so they become extremely repetitive, and it gets far worse when on PES 2019 they removed a few songs in one of the updates, as their license for the songs expired (sorry, but, why on earth did they strike a deal to include some music for only part of the duration of the year? makes no sense whatsoever), I think maybe 3 or 4 songs were removed, so that left us hearing the same songs over & over again!

I don't even wanna go there with the crowd audio, its pathetic, anyone have fond memories of "RIVERPOO" chants from I think it was PES 2009, can we honestly say that audio has progressed since then? I dont think so.

It's such a shame because if they could finally sort out issues such as audio, it would make the game feel so much better, goals are underwhelming because of the crap audio :(

Absolutely. Crowd noise mods was the thing that originally made me move over to the PC version.

Atmosphere is huge. For all of FIFA's many, many faults, it nails that aspect of it brilliantly. Love the rise and fall of the crowd noises dependant on whats happening.

Atmosphere is huge. For all of FIFA's many, many faults, it nails that aspect of it brilliantly. Love the rise and fall of the crowd noises dependant on whats happening.
Konami cannot do sound, EA cannot do gameplay. I know which i'd rather have if it came down to picking one. Crazy it has to be one or the other but that is where we are at right now unless EA knock it out of the park which looks unlikely with the focus being on Volta and FUT for this year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom