eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Challenge time: score a goal on player cam, on the difficulty you normally play on (but i would recommend setting gamespeed to -2).

--------------------------------
Update:
Here is mine, it took me a good hour :-)

You can say what you want but this cam does show off how pretty 2020 looks. Just wow.

Last edited:
I don't know if the default tactics are just shite (I haven't edited them yet), but the defensive AI is abysmal. Online you can see people's next pass miles away but the midfield never makes any attempts track anyone so you have to sprint around controlling someone and using CPU press to even make it a bit tricky for them.

Maybe I'm just too used to playing co-op in 19 where the human players would actually do something, but trying to defend with this braindead AI is not much fun...

How do you stop free kick out side the box from being certain goals. Every single one goes in top corner even putting player on the line can't stop it

How do you stop free kick out side the box from being certain goals. Every single one goes in top corner even putting player on the line can't stop it
Yeah they are a joke, the only thing you can do is move the keeper...

Hold L1 and click the right stick, this selects the keeper, then move them across the line. I then press L1 again to put them under CPU control to save the shot.

Usually I do this after they start their run up so they can't change their aim, but on future free kicks the opponent may pick the other side... Basically, free kick = penalty in this game. Guess a side and hope for the best.

well don't play the demo offline is what I would suggest. anyone doing that is not really getting the full experience of the beta is about. it's about the online play 1 v 1 in pes demos the last few years. it has nothing really to do with the offline stuff. you can't judge a game really with that amount of play time vs the ai. but for me I only play footie games online both fifa and pes so the pes demos I like a lot the last 2 seasons.. and i hope the same thing doesn't happen.. but it seems like clock work that I like the pes beta online better than the actual real game when it releases. they should not touch the pace of play or much of anything with the gameplay but I'm sure they will like usual and make it worst because so many people out there are probably complaining about things like the pace of the game is to slow.. which for me it seems great. things like that I bet they will change for release

if it wasn't for pro clubs in fifa.. i would seriously think about only getting PES this season and not FIFA but I will buy fifa for sure this year as they upgraded it's pro clubs mode some.. which for me is the best sports video game mode in the history of sports games.. and well PES has the better gameplay overall to me and for sure the more realistic 1 v 1 online experience but FIFA has overall the better online interface and is about 5 years ahead of PES on that. FIFA is just so big and popular online in the sports gaming community it's impossible to pass up if you have any liking to sports video games online as FIFA is always #1 in that. but pes finally starting to get better with that as time goes by and it's solid at least now.. but still lacking in game modes. konami should release a pro clubs mode for PES as I always thought that would fantastic in PES

Last edited:
Not to drag it back up bit the jist of it is there are fouls regularly being given for tackles that aren't fouls.
It's now too far the other way. Middle ground would be great.

oh so now people are complaining the other way around. I will have to be honest I haven't noticed that in my play time online in 1 v 1 matches yet. I will keep an eye out for it though now.

Challenge time: score a goal on player cam, on the difficulty you normally play on (but i would recommend setting gamespeed to -2).

--------------------------------
Update:
Here is mine, it took me a good hour :-)

You can say what you want but this cam does show off how pretty 2020 looks. Just wow.

This cam looks great but it moves too much and also too quickly. It is literally painful, giving me headaches when using it.
I really miss the player 2 cam that was still in pes17 that was more stable in terms of a rotation point of view.

I do completely agree that having to accept one broken form or another is a pointless decision to make, but I do think you’re overlooking one massively essential point:

Look at it from a programming perspective; think of just how many different animations every player has, how many different angles the players can approach one another from, the varying distances they are from one another, the size of the players, the position of the ball, the speed the player is moving.

Then, as well as all those variables, to make things even more difficult, you have to remember that unlike real life, not every single part of the players bodies count as a ‘point of contact’ as such (for the life of me I can’t remember the proper term). By this I mean, if we’re playing football, and I hit you in the face, it doesn’t matter it it’s my little finger, fist, forearm, palm of my hand, knuckle, elbow, bicep, whatever, you’re going to feel each and every single point of contact, and each and every one will create and different kind of collision between us, and every single part of someone’s body is taken into consideration when determining whether something is a foul or not.

PES does not work like this.

Then imagine taking all this, and try creating a collision system to perfectly detect fouls in a game where even the players don’t know for 100% what is and what isn’t a foul?

You said “don’t blow for fouls that are dubious”? How? How do you program that? ‘dubious’ is subjective. Video games work in maths, and rules. Dubious doesn’t exist.

People simply don’t understand just how hard programming fouls is.
:TU::WORSHIP:

Jesus Christ Almighty - some absolute maniacs online, with manual settings tonight..
If I didnt see their bars, Id think they are playing with PA3.. :LOL:
Plus they are dancing around me like this laser dodging chick from Ocean 11..
Last game I had, no messing, 28% possession - it was a total siege. How da fuck it ended up 0-0 - ill never know.. :LOL:
Man is trying to relax, have a few nice matches and instead Im facing some Universal Soldiers..

From 00:00/01:00 it's the best time to play online in EU region. It works like a charm:
Sharp, smooth, super responsive...what amazing game it's when you can play it as it was offline.

After a couple of days of hammering it the constant fouls, particularly in the 2nd half when the script kicks in are getting extremely tiresome. This has the knock on of having to press the options buttons relentlessly to get rid of the replays. Those minor gripes aside, I'm really enjoying it.

keep all in mind that we are playing Friendliy Matches, so zero scipting, playing ML in full game will definitly different

You make a valid point here. More than valid.
PES 2019 was acceptable in exhibition mode. Enjoyable even.

Jesus Christ Almighty - some absolute maniacs online, with manual settings tonight..
Last game I had, no messing, 28% possession - it was a total siege. How da fuck it ended up 0-0 - ill never know.. :LOL:
Man is trying to relax, have a few nice matches and instead Im facing some Universal Soldiers..

I know right? Some people are actually PROs at this stuff.

I'd suggest a topic (separate?) for cheapest Steam (or PS4 or Xbox) keys around the web for those who want to preorder (I'm definitely buying)?
Cdkeys.com has the key for $41 for the last few days. g2a.com has around $35 to name a few places.

Yesterday, i'm playing 10 minutes on full manual against superstar com. I found something that hilarious. Here is the video on full match. I don't know if someone already notice this 'bugs'. cheers.

Gah! Still loving the demo too much! I promised myself not to do that since Konami almost certainlly will dumb it down come final release...

I'm having so much fun with PA1 online I have'nt even tried manual passing out yet. I even use Basic shooting atm!

I'm the only one who thinks that chip shots/lob are too easy to score?
This is one of them, I remember pes 18 demo was the same and they changed it in full version.

Also the free kicks are the same as in 2019, here's my Dybala FK :)

oh so now people are complaining the other way around.
Justifiably so. There've been a fair few videos floating around of them and I've definitely seen it.
It seems that rather than sort their collision and foul system properly, they've done it the lazy way and just turned fouls up on everything.

Scoring a goal as the away team in PES 2020 is like :TUMBLE: in the stadium.

I really hope it isn't like this in the full release. Has anyone at Konami like Adam acknowledged this yet, it's a real deal breaker for me enjoying Cups, Leagues & ML if it stays this way. The general match ambience is pretty poor across the board as well & really needs attention.

This post is for all that enjoyed pes 2019(after the important updates). Not mean you thought it was awesome but a good game that lasted almost a year.

Havent had opportunity to try the demo yet. Curious what u all think of the demo. You guys that hated 2019 im not really intrested knowing ur thoughts as i know we got splitted views what a good football game is, as i enjoyed 2019.

So how u sum up the demo? Terrible?Bad? Neutral? Good? Very good? Super excited?

It´s best to check for yourself.
I liked PES 2019 (modded out on PC) a lot and I´m enjoying the demo very much.

But I have read positive impressions on here of people who didn´t like PES 2019, but do like this demo.
So.....you can´t really generalize :) .

Yeah, isn´t it? Some guy beat me 0:3.
I finally played some online matches last evening and I find it so cool, that there aso many manual players around.
Pass assistance 0 and I immediately get paired with a player of the same setting. I like that!

It's been a issue the last couple of games really. The frequency of which they can be scored is just too high. Last year they were about as valuable an opportunity as taking a penalty.

One nitpick i also have about them is that the camera doesn't go back to the game play cam once you've entered your input like on older games, Kind of spoils the satisfaction of a freekick when you can't see it in real time from the broadcast perspective like you would in real life. It comes off more as a mini-game and is a bit immersion breaking.

I say it all the time but we need more customization options in the settings menu for things like this, Give us a choice!

Press circle to make the barrier jump, it worked for me most of the time, both in Pes 2019 and in this demo. It stops the free kick from being lethal.

On behalf of greek pes community i have to share this:
When attacking, with R2 + left analog, player uses his back to shield the ball, even when moving.
Test it!
It is gamechanging.

Will have to try this. More control over what you do is always great.

Also, despite some people complaining that Konami always removes things, by playing the demo more you understand they just changed commands about tricks and finesse dribbling. Every single move is there, even the knock on that people were ready to say it was lost because it's the Konami way.

Enjoy what is there, because this demo shows there is a lot to still discover about the game. Oh, and despite people claiming that the gameplay has been simplified for Myclub people, well, this demo shows exactly the opposite. More fouls, slower pace, lower passing assistance.

Indeed the one complaining more are the Myclub style players. This shows that dev team as a focus don't want to simplify the game, but many times they have not enough courage to keep their vision ingame and in the end they try to adjust it into something that doesn't satisfy both the casual and hardcore players. But when Konami follows their own ideas they show they still have the spark that makes Pes great. They just have to be more confident in their product.

Do we want to help them or do we want to destroy them in every single occasion because moaning online is now the normal way to interact?

I have both and yes Xbox One X version is smooth as butter and plays better.Loving the game atm.Playing with players like Pjanic,Özil,Frenkie de Jong and Thiago and dictating the tempo is pure joy. I've also looked the review page on Xbox and it's 4 star out of 5 which is a good thing.I've seen lots of people praising the game on social media and forums, if Konami ruin this game when it launches, they loose people's trust big time.

There’s a fair performance difference between the two..Not only is the X version smoother,it’s also doesn’t have the delay or lag..Shifting between the two you can really feel how unresponsive the PS4 version is in comparison..The pro is working it’s socks off and it does have a knock on effect on the game..May be a optimisation issue.

The default camera also stutters while moving on the PS4,it’s smooth and seamless on the X.

Just all round a more polished demo.

Last edited:
I decided to buy the game. Despite this demo being somehow bipolar with issues coming from Pes 2019, despite being ridden with bugs and issues like fouls, the way they developed this demo shows they want to make something more appealing to hardcore fans.

I have to reward them, even if the final demo will probably end being worse. In case it becomes frustrating to play i will sell it. Sometimes you just have to show your appreciation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom