eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do what i do..in audio system settings, i put all sounds to 3 except for pitch sounds which is all way up to 15. Crowd sound to about 5 or 6...but rest down to 3...makes ball sound so much better. Btw ball sound has improved this year..sounds more realistic..as does the whistle sounds.

I know this was posted quite a few pages back, but i really wanna bring attention to it because it's so great. I don't know which Pro Evos in the past (I think the PS2 ones...) had a really loud sound of the ball being kicked and i always thought that it was ridiculously satisfying for some reason, i didn't think all i had to do to get this effect again was go in sound settings and set a few other sounds lower. Made sure to do the same in my PES 2018 ML, it's a small detail, but oddly satisfying and charming.

So let me give you the timeline for this great game.

1. Great Demo.
2. Let's hope it will be harder to play against the AI.
3. We're buying the full game.
4. Uh.. It's not harder. Wow i already won Champions League in my second season with Barnsley!? Wtf.
5. 2nd month is coming. NEW patch.
6. Damn.. WTF is happening. IT'S SO HEAVILY SCRIPTED MAN!
7. Let's hope the gameplay is staying the same and with a non scripted, perfect AI.
8. Konami, EA and everybody else is focusing on E-SPORTS.
9. Efootball 2021 and E-A-FIFA 21 is releasing. NEW in: ''Now you can actually talk to your players in Master League. IMPACT = 0%.. AWESOME. E-Assports-FIFA: TRY THE NEW MYSTERY BALL SKILL WITH CRISTIANO IN PIEMONTE!

Play as Vasco da Gama (one-star) vs Barcelona (five-star) on Superstar, and tell me they really hammer you (not just the scoreline, because it's only a short match - but in terms of possession, in terms of how many more shots they have than you).

Because this is my huge fear. All the new stuff is great (on-the-ball, PES 2019 was great too) - but playing as the worst team, I dominate the match, and playing as the best team, it's not really any different.

Gameplay is great, but - as with PES 2019 - great gameplay is useless if the AI isn't as good (although at least 2019 was a real challenge)![/QUOTE]

Pes has become a game with very little depth resulting in limited longevity for me as an offline player. The game has improved in certain areas from 2019 but still has far too many issues. The refs are horrendous in their decision making as well. My player brushes against the comp - free kick. My player gets assaulted by the comp - nothing. Bad ai is bad ai - new game or not.

i had my first win and first goal on superstar as Barca. Couthino dribble holding off two defenders and 20 yard shot top corner in off the post, was outstanding and wish i had recorded.
They missed a sitter header glancing past the post and also missed a penalty.

I dont understand these comments of AI not dribbling as in this game their attacker went past 3 defenders and shot from 18 yards wide.

I have pre ordered based on what i have played, lets hope they dont fuck it up

So, it really feels like the best PES in years, but I simply have to ask the ultimate troll question:

Where is the dynamic time of day that KONAMI promised us?

i had my first win and first goal on superstar as Barca. Couthino dribble holding off two defenders and 20 yard shot top corner in off the post, was outstanding and wish i had recorded.
They missed a sitter header glancing past the post and also missed a penalty.

I dont understand these comments of AI not dribbling as in this game their attacker went past 3 defenders and shot from 18 yards wide.

I have pre ordered based on what i have played, lets hope they dont fuck it up
I never pre-order games, especially the football ones. PES 2020 full release could be completely different, in either a good way or bad depending on what you like/dislike about the demo.

I’m enjoying the demo now. For those that are saying they’re dominating on Super Star - are you winning by huge scorelines as well or just dominating the play?

would anyone be kind enough to upload the original dt34_g4.cpk from the demo? I replaced it to check something out made by the community, but didn't back up the original.

would really appreciate it thanks

The finesse dribble, that for decades has been done by holding R2 and moving with left stick, has now moved completely to the right stick. R1 is still sprint and quick stop but is now also 'stop and face the goal' which was previously R2. R2 is now held to do certain skills (stepovers, roulettes and a couple of others) and is also held to let the ball run through to be chased by the player. It's still controlled shot. It also does what's called the 'trick trap" which is a first touch that fools the opposition by moving towards the ball but knocking it in a different direction.

Thanks for this! Just took a screenshot of it so I have it as a guide for later:SAL:
But what is that trick trap and how do you pull it off? Is LS or RS involved?

@Chris Davies
I just played Vasco against Juve and it was a lot harder than against Barca. Think I ended up with 60-40 possesion in my favor but it was 50-50 at half time where they were 1-0 up. They played with red attack level with high pressure from kick off until the middle of second half when they made it 2-0 and then pushed attack/defense level down 1 below medium and sat back. I had a lot of possesion from then on but couldnt score.

I know this doesn't change the fact that Barca plays bad but it does tell you that teams' approach to matches makes a difference. I think Juve is the only top team that start their games with red attack level.

You might wanna try if you haven't lost all sanity:LMAO:

So, it really feels like the best PES in years, but I simply have to ask the ultimate troll question:

The only 'dynamic weather/time of day' crap is that on licensed stadiums if you play at night you'll start out playing at dusk and by the second half it will be night.

Honestly, going to other places in the web related to PES outside of evo-web is getting me really worried, the We-Brothers site here in Brazil, the WEPES Reddit, the comments on the official PES twitter... everywhere i go, besides evo-web, has nothing but complaints about the referee, that's not a problem by itself, like we already discussed here, they are indeed flawed, however the way people are voicing their opinions is usually something like "everything is a foul", "the referee is too strict", etc. I'm getting the feeling that we'll have 0 fouls in the final version, again. I already expected this, but reading the feedback online, my suspicion is slowly becoming certainty, unfortunately.

I love defending on this game as much as attacking, I can't remember ever thinking that on any football game. There's a real art to defending and depth to the general gameplay...To increase AI challenge go Superstar and put the away team on up blue arrow form in general settings, then when unlock legend difficulty, same again.

I have one big issue with 2020 - that they've swapped finesse dribble and skill controls around and you cannot swap them back.

To explain why this makes no sense at all:
In 2019 right, skills moves were the right stick to drop a shoulder + left stick to move the player yes? Simple, easy to understand, and only 2 controller inputs. Finesse dribble was hold R2 to initiate finesse dribble + Left stick to move the player. Again, easy to understand, and only 2 controller inputs.

Now, however, they've swapped them around, so finesse dribble is now just right stick on it's own, which is fine on it's own, but to accommodate this it's now made skill moves now require a ridiculous 3 controller inputs just to do simple tricks!! A basic step over is now R2 + Right stick + Left stick to move the player. It's stupid.

I don't understand why they didn't keep R2 as finesse dribble like it was in 2019, and instead just add the 'skill touch' to R2 as well. Think about it - when receiving the ball it a tight situation you'd be able to simply hold R2 to do a nice first touch, and keep holding it to seamlessly go into the finesse dribble without needing to touch the right stick at all.

This also cannot be changed in the options menu.

I can't stress enough how much I hate this change. I'm someone who welcomes change generally, but changing finesse dribble and skills from being two controller inputs each, to finesse being one input and skills moves 3 is not intuitive at all.

It's a 20+ year old FIFA habit that's difficult to get rid of. :r1: = throughball, :triangle: = Dash, :circle: = shoot/press and :square: = cross/slide.

I've always used these since the first Winning Eleven.

i switch :circle: and :square: for offense since years. old fifa stuff as you said. ;) all other buttons i leave as assigned.
i know its a habbit... like smoking is! ;) na really, dont want to come across as a mister "know it all/better" or something. i just wished there was less moaning and more trying...
please guys, dont get my wrong here! i just mean it very good with all of you! :BYE:

My :circle:/:square: swapping brothers :BEER:

it's a small detail, but oddly satisfying and charming
I didnt see that post, but did it automatically right after muting all the music. I always do that. And have to agree - pitch sounds improved a lot. I especially enjoy the screams, when I hack someone down, or the sound, when two players are trying to kick the ball, but instead they kick each other. This sound is so deep it actually hurts hearing it. :LOL:

Reactions: MKC
Wow im really impressed with this demo there annoyances though the collison system is crap and ref giving fouls for nothing. Apart from that the rest of the game is sublime this is a huge step up from previous games I played previous game demos and they was rubbish.

That player indivuality though brought a smile on my face playing with Pogba I was gliding out of challenges never smiled like that in football game for years.

Pes has become a game with very little depth resulting in limited longevity for me as an offline player. The game has improved in certain areas from 2019 but still has far too many issues. The refs are horrendous in their decision making as well. My player brushes against the comp - free kick. My player gets assaulted by the comp - nothing. Bad ai is bad ai - new game or not.

This i told Adam on twitter. Maybe they will notice it if more and more people will complain about it.

Talking about referees, names, nationalities, cards frequency, called fouls frequency. Why have they been completely removed since Pes 2008 and never returned? I see nobody complaining about it, but to me it would be absolutely great to have referee being actually useful in Pes once again.

There was a time in Pes where even referees had so much personality there was a referee everybody hated: Kazuki Ito.

Honestly, going to other places in the web related to PES outside of evo-web is getting me really worried, the We-Brothers site here in Brazil, the WEPES Reddit, the comments on the official PES twitter... everywhere i go, besides evo-web, has nothing but complaints about the referee, that's not a problem by itself, like we already discussed here, they are indeed flawed, however the way people are voicing their opinions is usually something like "everything is a foul", "the referee is too strict", etc. I'm getting the feeling that we'll have 0 fouls in the final version, again. I already expected this, but reading the feedback online, my suspicion is slowly becoming certainty, unfortunately.
There is a lot of foul play if you just rush. Maybe it’s because users aren’t adapting to what’s new. There is a lot of change under the hood. If you are not willing to dive in, get to know the new stuff (and then judge); yeah, than it is much easier to just moan (48 freaking hours after the demo went live!!!)!

Anyway... I’ll not comment in that direction again. Me doing so won’t change people’s view on things and I don’t need to unnecessary stress myself! :)
Gimme a week or two and I might start the moaning as well, but not now!! :BYE:

They're more organic, behaving more naturally (dribbling more etc.), but they're much easier to beat, with anyone. The Master League (and team spirit) might make it harder - Legend might make it harder - but will it? These kinds of games are difficult in exhibition mode on 2019 and now they aren't. So I don't think those things will be enough to make it challenging. Or realistic.

And what's more playable? A difficult (but cheating) AI from 2019, or a game where you aren't challenged by the best team in the world, when you're playing as one of the worst in the game? That will get boring in weeks!

Well Chris, you are comparing a demo with a released game officially patched even in gameplay more than once, don't know if it's really appropriate.. early 2019 had attackers literally turning away from an open goal run or from just a literal open goal..

Besides, why wouldn't ML, competitions and another difficulty level make it harder? For most of that stuff it's literally what happened regard any game of this gen, except Pes 16, which was unluckily broken beyond repair in difficulty..

And what's more playable? A difficult (but cheating) AI from 2019, or a game where you aren't challenged by the best team in the world, when you're playing as one of the worst in the game? That will get boring in weeks!

In my opinion it gets boring very fast in both ways. It's not much that 2019 cheated but more that it scored always the same kind of goals and kinda forced you in scoring more or less in similar ways. I remember many people turning desperately to mods on pc or becoming uninterested or not really hooked very soon, despite the game being objectively hard to beat.

Then I honestly don't want to sound like the advocate of a game I might hate very soon :LOL:. Much like @Chuny (congrats buddy! Happy to see you as a mod!), I remember for example loving 2018 for the first months, only seeing the good and thinking that given it time it would have clicked even where it looked off. Turned out I was completely wrong and I could be here too.

Cpu needs to be tighter than this on release or it will indeed be a problem. At the moment I'm just kinda optimist it should be so. Then we'll see. I've never felt 2019 as good as this on the ball and on a general feel, it would be such a shame to see it threw all away.

Sorry for the mini WOT :D .

Thanks for this! Just took a screenshot of it so I have it as a guide for later:SAL:
But what is that trick trap and how do you pull it off? Is LS or RS involved?

It's all left stick and R2. Before the ball gets to you hold the direction you want to move off in and hold R2. As the ball comes towards you, your player will drop a shoulder probably towards the ball (or some other kind of body feint) and take a touch in the other direction. You'll get it quickly enough when you try it!

Well Chris, you are comparing a demo with a released game officially patched even in gameplay more than once, don't know if it's really appropriate.. early 2019 had attackers literally turning away from an open goal run or from just a literal open goal..

Besides, why wouldn't ML, competitions and another difficulty level make it harder? For most of that stuff it's literally what happened regard any game of this gen, except Pes 16, which was unluckily broken beyond repair in difficulty..

In my opinion it gets boring very fast in both ways. It's not much that 2019 cheated but more that it scored always the same kind of goals and kinda forced you in scoring more or less in similar ways. I remember many people turning desperately to mods on pc or becoming uninterested or not really hooked very soon, despite the game being objectively hard to beat.

Then I honestly don't want to sound like the advocate of a game I might hate very soon :LOL:. Much like @Chuny (congrats buddy! Happy to see you as a mod!), I remember for example loving 2018 for the first months, only seeing the good and thinking that given it time it would have clicked even where it looked off. Turned out I was completely wrong and I could be here too.

Cpu needs to be tighter than this on release or it will indeed be a problem. At the moment I'm just kinda optimist it should be so. Then we'll see. I've never felt 2019 as good as this on the ball and on a general feel, it would be such a shame to see it threw all away.

Sorry for the mini WOT :D .
I'll add one thing to that wisdom.
If yall didnt tell me that AI is passive and too easy and if I didnt see all the clips - i wouldnt noticed. :LOL:
Havent scored more than 2 goals in one match. Yes, im usually all over AI, yes, its quite easy to break their attacks, but im playing on professional, so I thought thats why its not too mad.
Im sure full version AI will be more dangerous.
Besides, there are ways to make it harder for yourself (lower teams, pass assists etc)
But when in Pes19 you are facing Fulham on drugs, tiki-taka the shit out of you - there is not much you can do there.

I have one big issue with 2020 - that they've swapped finesse dribble and skill controls around and you cannot swap them back.

To explain why this makes no sense at all:
In 2019 right, skills moves were the right stick to drop a shoulder + left stick to move the player yes? Simple, easy to understand, and only 2 controller inputs. Finesse dribble was hold R2 to initiate finesse dribble + Left stick to move the player. Again, easy to understand, and only 2 controller inputs.

Now, however, they've swapped them around, so finesse dribble is now just right stick on it's own, which is fine on it's own, but to accommodate this it's now made skill moves now require a ridiculous 3 controller inputs just to do simple tricks!! A basic step over is now R2 + Right stick + Left stick to move the player. It's stupid.

I don't understand why they didn't keep R2 as finesse dribble like it was in 2019, and instead just add the 'skill touch' to R2 as well. Think about it - when receiving the ball it a tight situation you'd be able to simply hold R2 to do a nice first touch, and keep holding it to seamlessly go into the finesse dribble without needing to touch the right stick at all.

This also cannot be changed in the options menu.

I can't stress enough how much I hate this change. I'm someone who welcomes change generally, but changing finesse dribble and skills from being two controller inputs each, to finesse being one input and skills moves 3 is not intuitive at all.

Just to add to my point -

Also, in 2019, to spin in behind after letting the ball run through your legs was hold R1 without pressing the left stick. This made perfect sense, as what are you more than likely going to do after this move? Sprint.

Now they've moved this to R2, and it's a mess! Because R2 is also used to initiate skills, and BOTH controls require you to let go of the left stick, it means doing some skills as your first touch is literally impossible because you let the ball run through your legs!!

Honestly, I'd love to hear from anyone else who enjoys skill moves, because from that standpoint the controls for 2020 are completely and utterly fucked.

I'm actually fuming :RANT:

I dont think a dynamic time of day really add to it does it? It's not like we are playing 24 hour matches.

Reactions: OBH
Sorry for the off topic but this game is beatiful on PC. I mean it. When I saw it I could swear that was a real match on tv. Smoother, slower and it seems more difficult to pin pon first time passes. Even my brother, that dont play foootball games in years, said that if the communities and Konami dont mess too much with the game, he would play it.

Honestly, I'd love to hear from anyone else who enjoys skill moves, because from that standpoint the controls for 2020 are completely and utterly fucked.
Hate them with a passion in both games. Don't play online PES but if I'm playing FIFA and someone spams skill moves I quit immediately. I've got zero desire to waste what little time I have to play dealing with that bullshit.

Have you got auto-feint on? It's on by default and it overrides the command list.

turn 'Auto Feint' off

Step Overs aren't great right now, similar to PES 2019 but having to hold R2 everytime is a little 'off' for me. Works better with designated 'scissors feint' players.

I have auto-feint turned off, but stringing together multiple step-overs seems like a random mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom