eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are never lost if you are a member of evo-web!! That’s first!

Second: R2 still is your friend. You just have your mind to invite R1, his cousin.
They work as a family, stick real close (through bad or good).
Now, when you are 8 years older then me, let a young gun give you some polite advise, with all due respect. ;)
Think 180 degree. I can’t really tell ya in English but think of the R buttons just being switched. That’s how i started.
The details are in the comments above. Please read em, do you that favor.
I just can’t rewrite it all with my laziness and beer and guests and demo waiting and excuses.... ;)

There will be tutorials for that in about 3 weeks! Stick to that. I had a few beers and my mate is visiting. We played 2 matches with the demo and that’s what I came here to talk about in the first place!! :LOL:

You took me a whole other lane dude...!! But I’m glad you did. :APPLAUD:

Btw: one of the 2 best local multiplayer matches against a bud in PES I’ve ever had!! ;) not saying more. Just that.

Thank you Mate! :BEER: I will try this 180 degree thing. I did the same thing in the morning with my shoes and didn't notice!

I love the demo. Damn good! :ROCK:

Anyone know how to the the feint pass that was shown in the trailer at 1:15 from sergi roberto and 1:19 from Rakitic? I remember being excited for this and have been playing around with super cancel but havent really managed to achieve it quite like in the video yet.

Browsing the demo files, I found the list of the wipes transition, it seems all licensed league this year are going to have it:
F7IRGgT.jpg
Serie B licensed !!!

You really don't need to invest "massively" in time learning free kicks, nor do you need to be "like a robot" with perfect inputs to score nearly all of them...

Left stick diagonal down-left/right (depending on footedness) and around 2/3 power and it's a goal every time as long as you aim correctly. Getting used to the aiming is ~10 mins in free training.

Even professional footballers don't strike free kicks with that metronomic consistency, especially Rashford who I've scored 3/3 with so far...
Fair enough.

Like I said I'm a really casual player so I'll have to take your word for it. I recall scoring a significant amount of FK goals in 2019 but also missed quite a few lol. In 2020 haven't scored from a FK yet

Anyone know how to the the feint pass that was shown in the trailer at 1:15 from sergi roberto and 1:19 from Rakitic? I remember being excited for this and have been playing around with super cancel but havent really managed to achieve it quite like in the video yet.

I've done a few of them, none that have resulted in a goal opportunity - It's :square: then :triangle:. I find the timing a bit harder than a shot feint (:square: then :x:).

Tried the demo. I remember the days of pes 4, 5 and 6 the game looked the same but felt totally different. This looks the same because it is the same i cant believe this is a years worth of work on gameplay. Scoring a goal used to feel great on the old games. Meh.

if you don't pressure :square: a lot and be to physical use :x: more and there's no problem at all, my last game i had 2 fouls the AI had 3. It's just an adjustment they need to make. The fouls work like they should.

For the final game Konami really ought to make a info box about tackling/fouls like they did with miskicks, instead of changing the system (ok they might also try to tighten up exactely what constitutes a foul).

I’ve played a good few games now, really enjoying it.

IF <—- BIG IF Konami don’t change too much for the worse come final release (I know better than to pre order) then I will be playing a master league on 2020. And I haven’t said that since 2011.

Love the largely positive feedback on the game.
Having played PES since the ISS days I’m torn opinion wise l.
Is it good due to the seemingly big gameplay tweaks that now make it great or great in comparison to previous PS4 iterations?
Or is it the case we have these opinions as is the case every year? In other words “Love the tweaks, game plays great” then a month later it’s a nit picking situation because the game is as shallow and broken in areas as before.
Still haven’t been this excited in years, and I haven’t even played it yet.

Love the largely positive feedback on the game.
Having played PES since the ISS days I’m torn opinion wise l.
Is it good due to the seemingly big gameplay tweaks that now make it great or great in comparison to previous PS4 iterations?
Or is it the case we have these opinions as is the case every year? In other words “Love the tweaks, game plays great” then a month later it’s a nit picking situation because the game is as shallow and broken in areas as before.
Still haven’t been this excited in years, and I haven’t even played it yet.
No chance to play the demo itself?

I've stopped giving away fouls all the time now! you soon learn when to challenge and when not to :LOL:

I feel the whole 5 min thing really doesn't help here either, you can't help but feel rushed in such a short half, rushed to get the ball back asap, rushed to get forward and complete as many att<PEEP Half Time>... before you're timed out.

Unbelievably stupid to have such short games and I'll bet it's skewing the feedback too. They should patch the demo to add at least 10 min matches.

I've done a few of them, none that have resulted in a goal opportunity - It's :square: then :triangle:. I find the timing a bit harder than a shot feint (:square: then :x:).
So you are forced to do a shot/high cross (whatever you have assigned) and then cancel by pressing triangle to do it?! Really?! I want to know more!!!

Tried the demo. I remember the days of pes 4, 5 and 6 the game looked the same but felt totally different. This looks the same because it is the same i cant believe this is a years worth of work on gameplay. Scoring a goal used to feel great on the old games. Meh.
your experience is your experience but 18 and 19 were crap and this doesn't play like either

I love the pace of this game and the weight of it is sublime. The other game is going to feel skatey and too fast when it releases, I just know it will.

I’d love there to be two really addictive football games this year though. It’s good for competition. If PES sucks again then the series will really have a tough time recovering. Although saying that, the myClub crowd always seem pleased as do the Pros.

We’ll see.

So you are forced to do a shot/high cross (whatever you have assigned) and then cancel by pressing triangle to do it?! Really?! I want to know more!!!

Yeah sorry, I should have been more specific having seen all of the 'control freaks' in the last few pages! :D

So yeah, your player shapes to do a shot (whatever your shoot button is) but at the last second changes animation to do a disguised through-ball. Playing on manual I just end up smashing a shot out for a throw in because I didn't time the through-ball button correctly! It feels very cool when you get it right.

I'm lost without R2 close controll. How can i stop a pass (dead) without R2 now?

Jesus. I'm 47! You can't teach an old dog new tricks. Everytime i receive a pass i let go of LS and hold R2 because i'm so used to stop the ball like this. And everytime the fucking ball runs through the legs of my player. I'm screaming here.
My brain is melting.

Don't hold R2. Don't hold R2. Don't hold R2. Don't hold R2. Don't hold R2. Don't hold R2. Don't hold R2.

Tap R1 to stop and face the goal.
Double tap R1 to stop dead facing whichever way you’re currently looking.

I agree though, the controls are a mess. Rather than combining, say, all finesse dribble related controls to the same button they’ve split them up. I genuinely hate it.

Not til I’m home from holiday pal

I hope you like it. To me its very reminiscent to a mix of PES5 and PES2013 which is spiced up with incredible loose ball physics and an amazing physicality system. And YES no one said it the game feels on rails again.
Fingers crossed nothing is changed at least in the retail game's first exe.

1jo4if.jpg

I have serious concerns regarding what I call "Phantom fouls" given by the referee in PES2020. They obviously need to be fixed but I fear that in doing so we may end up back with a severe lack of genuine fouls like in PES2018.

Nah. The foul system seems like a copy cat of PES 5's. Just dont charge the opponent recklessly especially from behind, especially if the opponent is a weaker player. I played an MU - MCity (yes modded) game 12 mins on PC, and i just loved the physical feud Young had with Sterling a real battle for about 80 mins as i didnt want to foul Sterling all the time he got away many times, so i got more agressive and the players tossed echother around the pitch and Young started to win battles against him. OF course in the last 10 min a fresh Sane came in and Young was in no mans land for a few times. Defending is an art in this game, and Matic is one of my favourite player on the demo, i kinda love 2020 already :LOVE: Too bad i won the game with an ugly and easy free kick goal. :YAWN:

Nah. The foul system seems like a copy cat of PES 5's. Just dont charge the opponent recklessly especially from behind, especially if the opponent is a weaker player. I played an MU - MCity (yes modded) game 12 mins on PC, and i just love the physical feud Young had with Sterling a real battle for about 80 mins as i didnt want to foul Sterling all the time he got away many times, so i got more agressive and the players tossed echother around the pitch and Young started to win battles against him. OF course in the last 10 min a fresh Sane came in and Young was in no mans land for a few times. I love it :LOVE: Too bad i won with an ugly and easy free kick goal. :YAWN:
Sad that they will patch it, i reckon.

i switch :circle: and :square: for offense since years. old fifa stuff as you said. ;) all other buttons i leave as assigned.
i know its a habbit... like smoking is! ;) na really, dont want to come across as a mister "know it all/better" or something. i just wished there was less moaning and more trying...
please guys, dont get my wrong here! i just mean it very good with all of you! :BYE:
I got that from This is Football. But twist it with L1 being through ball and R1 is player switching/GK rush.
My :circle:/:square: swapping brothers :BEER:
giphy.gif

you are a madman
:LOL:

I'm lost without R2 close controll. How can i stop a pass (dead) without R2 now?

Jesus. I'm 47! You can't teach an old dog new tricks. Everytime i receive a pass i let go of LS and hold R2 because i'm so used to stop the ball like this. And everytime the fucking ball runs through the legs of my player. I'm screaming here.
My brain is melting.

Don't hold R2. Don't hold R2. Don't hold R2. Don't hold R2. Don't hold R2. Don't hold R2. Don't hold R2.
That’s why I don’t play the demo ,also an old dog!
They should have senior citizen settings for us pal (like it was pre 20)

I hope you like it. To me its very reminiscent to a mix of PES5 and PES2013 which is spiced up with incredible loose ball physics and an amazing physicality system. And YES no one said it the game feels on rails again.
Fingers crossed nothing is changed at least in the retail game's first exe.

1jo4if.jpg

Good to hear. I’ve had my fill of PES 13 in the last few months so I’ll be well pleased if it turns out like that. For now it’s more reading, won’t be able to play it for another week at least lol

Nah. The foul system seems like a copy cat of PES 5's. Just dont charge the opponent recklessly especially from behind, especially if the opponent is a weaker player. I played an MU - MCity (yes modded) game 12 mins on PC, and i just loved the physical feud Young had with Sterling a real battle for about 80 mins as i didnt want to foul Sterling all the time he got away many times, so i got more agressive and the players tossed echother around the pitch and Young started to win battles against him. OF course in the last 10 min a fresh Sane came in and Young was in no mans land for a few times. Defending is an art in this game, and Matic is one of my favourite player on the demo, i kinda love 2020 already :LOVE: Too bad i won the game with an ugly and easy free kick goal. :YAWN:
I was actually referring to the Ai. 90% of the fouls committed by the Ai in the 10 games I've played were clearly not fouls by any stretch of the imagination. The other 10% were either reckless challenges or some contact made.

I have to say I love the new foul system/referee strictness. It's how it should be, no more holding pressure until you win the ball, you have to be more tactical and precise. Once you get the hang of it, it's rewarding. Many will hate that, I for one will not.

Has anyone had a stray arm in the face foul yet, like you can get in 2019?

In regards to AI fouls, would anyone say there is much of an increase overall from last year?

Last edited:
Thought it might have become harder to synchronise an online game with someone else in the demo after it became available to everyone but it is just as easy.

Just find someone else with the demo you want to play and both countdown from 5 down to 1 and press start matchmaking button at the same time. Has worked every time for me and you then get what feels like a ten minute game instead of 5 minutes.

Doesn't suggest there are very many people out there playing the demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom