eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had an opponent get their keeper sent off online;

Can't remember if this was a thing in 2019, but I seem to recall this being impossible in many past football games with GKs only able to get yellows.

And yes, I did score from the resulting free kick, because free kicks are broken...

Just had an opponent get their keeper sent off online;

Can't remember if this was a thing in 2019, but I seem to recall this being impossible in many past football games with GKs only able to get yellows.

And yes, I did score from the resulting free kick, because free kicks are broken...
Interesting stuff. I'm not onboard with the "free kicks are broken" idea though, because people who are just casual players that can't perfectly duplicate their button pressing time aren't guaranteed to score from every FK given. I for one had like 3 FKs awarded in good positions but so far haven't scored from any. I suppose if you are massively invested in terms of time to the point of near addiction to the game and can repeat just about everything you do like a robot then probably that stuff will feel "broken"

Hate them with a passion in both games. Don't play online PES but if I'm playing FIFA and someone spams skill moves I quit immediately. I've got zero desire to waste what little time I have to play dealing with that bullshit.
That wasn't what I meant....

I love the skill moves in PES, as unlike Fifa you can't just spin the stick and get lucky. Plus the players don't move a ridiculous 10 feet when doing them. In Fifa some skills make the player move faster than actually sprinting, it's absurd.

In PES 2019 however, whether someone used them or not was entirely their choice, but they weren't overpowered, and functioned perfectly well. Now though the control changes have rendered certain ones utterly irrelevant.

Seriously though, two totally different things requiring the same controller input?

Let the ball run through your legs - let go of LS and hold R2.
Simple step overs - let go of LS and press R2.

It's made doing certain skills as your first touch, something I love as Fifa still can't do that, now impossible to do.

Now doing the more advanced skills such as a roulette or marseille turn are 10x easier than the simple ones because a) the input method only requires RS + LS and doesn't overlap with other controls and b) you only need to press 2 buttons instead of 3.

Honestly, who thought this was a good idea?

Honestly, going to other places in the web related to PES outside of evo-web is getting me really worried, the We-Brothers site here in Brazil, the WEPES Reddit, the comments on the official PES twitter... everywhere i go, besides evo-web, has nothing but complaints about the referee, that's not a problem by itself, like we already discussed here, they are indeed flawed, however the way people are voicing their opinions is usually something like "everything is a foul", "the referee is too strict", etc. I'm getting the feeling that we'll have 0 fouls in the final version, again. I already expected this, but reading the feedback online, my suspicion is slowly becoming certainty, unfortunately.
if you don't pressure :square: a lot and be to physical use :x: more and there's no problem at all, my last game i had 2 fouls the AI had 3. It's just an adjustment they need to make. The fouls work like they should.

There is a lot of foul play if you just rush. Maybe it’s because users aren’t adapting to what’s new. There is a lot of change under the hood. If you are not willing to dive in, get to know the new stuff (and then judge); yeah, than it is much easier to just moan (48 freaking hours after the demo went live!!!)!

Anyway... I’ll not comment in that direction again. Me doing so won’t change people’s view on things and I don’t need to unnecessary stress myself! :)
Gimme a week or two and I might start the moaning as well, but not now!! :BYE:

I hope Konami don't listen to them and not lower the foul calls. Ok, atleast refine them or something but don't take away the foul frequency. And yes if you just rush into players, you're going to get fouled.

I went to my friend's place to play a game or two with him. Played 4 games, all 4 draws. Two 0-0, two 1-1s. First two games there quite a bunch of fouls called because we rushed, pressuring etc. In the last game both of us had 0 fouls. I guess it's because we were cautious and actually had to time to get the ball.

Reactions: MKC
Interesting stuff. I'm not onboard with the "free kicks are broken" idea though, because people who are just casual players that can't perfectly duplicate their button pressing time aren't guaranteed to score from every FK given. I for one had like 3 FKs awarded in good positions but so far haven't scored from any. I suppose if you are massively invested in terms of time to the point of near addiction to the game and can repeat just about everything you do like a robot then probably that stuff will feel "broken"
Give it couple of matches, or look at any Pes19 free kick tutorial. Most likely your aim or power is off.
Another possibility - you are using some "old way" of taking free kicks.
But I tell you one thing - once you find approx power and spot to aim - 8/10 goes in (with average players)

Can someone tell me if the Xbox version you can download kits in full game havnt played PES for years?

I never pre-order games, especially the football ones. PES 2020 full release could be completely different, in either a good way or bad depending on what you like/dislike about the demo.

I’m enjoying the demo now. For those that are saying they’re dominating on Super Star - are you winning by huge scorelines as well or just dominating the play?
Don't think you can win with huge scores..AI is pretty good defensively, not easy to create chances..today I started by wining 3 of 4..last night I.maybe won 2 games out of 8..it depends maybe which team you're playing, my biggest win is 2-0 ..maybe possesion wise some are dominating and others are playing on lower difficulty..me personaly havent noticed the AI beeing easy to win against..especially not with the new cam I'm playing with..finess dribbling maybe helps much but it's a learning curve. Haven't really noticed them beeing passive tbh..mostly play vs big teams and they tend to switch it up..

Some other cool stuff I've noticed /experienced
Scuff shots on advanced
-Fingertip saves - hit Post went across line then spun in
-Misplaced/mis kicked passes especially trying to pass when turning
-Bad touches when sprinting changing direction
-AI adapting attacking style depending on formation.. When I pushed up Munich started to try little lob passes over the top
-Munich GK starting position when attacking is outside the box
-Munich GK slide tackled me sprinting out of the box
Two injuries - AI made subbed player holding hamstring
Ive had one penalty... Missed :)

Big improvement is that now u can actually get fouled or foul inside the penalty and get a penalty, the fouling system works now,no more barging into players ending with no foul given, now pressing too hard on the square button might end up for u with a slight tackle which will result in a penalty

Don't think you can win with huge scores..AI is pretty good defensively, not easy to create chances..today I started by wining 3 of 4..last night I.maybe won 2 games out of 8..it depends maybe which team you're playing, my biggest win is 2-0 ..maybe possesion wise some are dominating and others are playing on lower difficulty..me personaly havent noticed the AI beeing easy to win against..especially not with the new cam I'm playing with..finess dribbling maybe helps much but it's a learning curve. Haven't really noticed them beeing passive tbh..mostly play vs big teams and they tend to switch it up..
That's what I'm noticing too and thought that maybe I was just crap at the game? I'm finding it difficult to win matches in Super Star, even when I play as Barca or Man Utd.

Maybe everyone means they're dominating posession?

You really don't need to invest "massively" in time learning free kicks, nor do you need to be "like a robot" with perfect inputs to score nearly all of them...

Left stick diagonal down-left/right (depending on footedness) and around 2/3 power and it's a goal every time as long as you aim correctly. Getting used to the aiming is ~10 mins in free training.

Even professional footballers don't strike free kicks with that metronomic consistency, especially Rashford who I've scored 3/3 with so far...

It really isn't - more organic, yes, but with absolutely no challenge, so what's the point?

Again, try playing as Vasco da Gama v Barca on Superstar. I've not been beaten yet (and I'm terrible at the game). Some have reported losing 1-0 but the stats still show they dominate the game, against a team that should be destroying them.

They're more organic, behaving more naturally (dribbling more etc.), but they're much easier to beat, with anyone. The Master League (and team spirit) might make it harder - Legend might make it harder - but will it? These kinds of games are difficult in exhibition mode on 2019 and now they aren't. So I don't think those things will be enough to make it challenging. Or realistic.

And what's more playable? A difficult (but cheating) AI from 2019, or a game where you aren't challenged by the best team in the world, when you're playing as one of the worst in the game? That will get boring in weeks!

RingedNeatAnura-size_restricted.gif

That's what I'm noticing too and thought that maybe I was just crap at the game? I'm finding it difficult to win matches in Super Star, even when I play as Barca or Man Utd.

Me too not u only,im finding it easy to maintain possession but very hard to score vs juventus, which makes sense believe,they have a very good defense,for me the big big difference is the new stadium camera,it has given the game a slower pace to it and a steady one, the previous cameras of previous iterations where just bad, this camera should have been for pes 2017 onwards

It really isn't - more organic, yes, but with absolutely no challenge, so what's the point?

Again, try playing as Vasco da Gama v Barca on Superstar. I've not been beaten yet (and I'm terrible at the game). Some have reported losing 1-0 but the stats still show they dominate the game, against a team that should be destroying them.

They're more organic, behaving more naturally (dribbling more etc.), but they're much easier to beat, with anyone. The Master League (and team spirit) might make it harder - Legend might make it harder - but will it? These kinds of games are difficult in exhibition mode on 2019 and now they aren't. So I don't think those things will be enough to make it challenging. Or realistic.

And what's more playable? A difficult (but cheating) AI from 2019, or a game where you aren't challenged by the best team in the world, when you're playing as one of the worst in the game? That will get boring in weeks!
Wait, are you saying that you're winning every game on the demo or just dominating the possesion, I just commented that I found the AI beeing good defensively on SS and they're not easy to break down..mikhail agreed, last night I won 2 of 8 maybe but today I begun with 3 of 4..depends which teams you're playing I think and I really don't see the AI beeing passive tbh..I've played mostly big teams..some games are really tough, especially with the new cam I'm using and slower pace, harder passing..I've scored 2 goals as most in one game..I feel ai is really switching it up....also the demo on 19 wasn't better attacking wise, people complained and full game came out, different story with the AI beeing "too hard" on SS.

I'm lost without R2 close controll. How can i stop a pass (dead) without R2 now?

Jesus. I'm 47! You can't teach an old dog new tricks. Everytime i receive a pass i let go of LS and hold R2 because i'm so used to stop the ball like this. And everytime the fucking ball runs through the legs of my player. I'm screaming here.
My brain is melting.

Don't hold R2. Don't hold R2. Don't hold R2. Don't hold R2. Don't hold R2. Don't hold R2. Don't hold R2.

Last edited:
i forgot to add there's levels of defending weak to strong
1. just put your body in front of the attacker and your defender will auto defend
2. tap:x::x: in front of attacker to steal the ball......timing is key
3. :x: hold this to pressure steal the ball........ if you press to long your going to become to aggressive and draw a foul.
4. hold :square: to bring help from your teammates but again hold it down too long and aggression will rise and the whistle will blow!
5.tap :x::x: while from behind the attacker to pull him down and draw a foul
6. my controller is set to :circle: for a slide tackle..... harder to time this and it's risky (i use only as last resort) anyway, when you get it, it works.

once you get this your foul count will drop

Last edited:
Enjoying the positive reviews of the demo .i can’t get to play it till Friday.my main issue is the demos always feel very polished real stadiums real shirts etc then the actual game comes out and never feels fully finished and being rushed out to release before Fifa .going to try and avoid the pre order what I’ve done every year then give up playing after 3 weeks

Yeah I guess so..but even that isn't the case in some games I feel..Attacking wise the AI will be much harder I'm sure when the game launches especially on ML..I remember last year, people said the AI wasn't attacking so much but then you know how it went when full game came out...demo and exhibition is a different story so..but I feel that AI is definitely better than in 19..many good aspects we asked for.

I'm lost without R2 close controll. How can i stop a pass (dead) without R2 now?

Jesus. I'm 47! You can't teach an old dog new tricks. Everytime i receive a pass i let go of LS and hold R2 because i'm so used to stop the ball like this. And everytime the fucking ball runs through the legs of my player. I'm screaming here.
My brain is melting.

Don't hold R2. Don't hold R2. Don't hold R2. Don't hold R2. Don't hold R2. Don't hold R2. Don't hold R2.
Look back a couple of pages. I asked the same thing and got some really useful responses.

My brain is melting.

You are never lost if you are a member of evo-web!! That’s first!

Second: R2 still is your friend. You just have your mind to invite R1, his cousin.
They work as a family, stick real close (through bad or good).
Now, when you are 8 years older then me, let a young gun give you some polite advise, with all due respect. ;)
Think 180 degree. I can’t really tell ya in English but think of the R buttons just being switched. That’s how i started.
The details are in the comments above. Please read em, do you that favor.
I just can’t rewrite it all with my laziness and beer and guests and demo waiting and excuses.... ;)

There will be tutorials for that in about 3 weeks! Stick to that. I had a few beers and my mate is visiting. We played 2 matches with the demo and that’s what I came here to talk about in the first place!! :LOL:

You took me a whole other lane dude...!! But I’m glad you did. :APPLAUD:

Btw: one of the 2 best local multiplayer matches against a bud in PES I’ve ever had!! ;) not saying more. Just that.

There you go Chris. Superstar, 12 mins, cpu arrows up, user arrows down. Everything was intercepted and i couldnt get the cpu off the ball only with fouls (no sliding tackle). Also cpu dribbles much more on red arrow, so the mystery of different codes solved for sure. Im just hoping the cpu is not much more vicioius than this in ML with the team spirit on.
N0en7bj.png

Of course you guys can say that im terrible at 2020 any time :D

Btw this game feels NOTHING like 2019 or anything between 2014 and 2019. Crucify me but it feels (and kinda looks) more like an advanced 2013.
Yes and one note im playing this on -1 speed from now on, much more pleasing to the eye not seeing the ball rocketing off the player's feet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom