eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So unless i'm missing something, Have they removed the R2 & flick the right stick to setup touch by pushing the ball slightly in front of you for a shot or pass?
Thats what few guys were saying, yeah.
I dont know to be honest. Still trying to get my head around controls. Stop and face the goal is now R1 click and hold, which gets awkward when sprinting.
R2 - not really sure what it does now. Read the description but its confusing me in practice.
Also, Im still trying to figure out which one is custom trapping the ball.

Edit: and how do you do skill moves now?

Finally I had time to get my hands on the europe PS4 demo yesterday and I have to agree with this:

I must says it plays better than it looks on others people video, I am pleasantly surprised.

Just that I wasn´t surprised as I have the same feeling every year.
Videos are good to see the generals, but it´s a whole lot different when you actually play it by yourself.

This game plays very well. Ball physics are top notch! Animations....I love them!
I don´t think that this is a PES 2019.5....it plays and feels quite different.
Yes, of course there is a resemblances, but that´s logical.
But every year....KONAMI seems to take step further....maybe too small steps...but this is a progress compared to the last years.
Graphics are getting better and better....with those, the animations and the camera angle.....at times, I thought I´m watching a live broadcast.
Speaking of the new camera: when I read that a few on here changed it back to the usual cam, I was like "After so many years, they finally gave us that cam and people are changing it back....why???!".
It looks awesome and I love those zooms. I had to lower the angle though, as it´s hard to play full manual on that.
Even that cam has such a big impact on the game, I also do understand why it is changed back.
But my advice would be....keep it....adjust it.....get used to it.....it plays so much better.
Been playing with a cam like that the recent years on PC.

My settings: Game speed -1, Full manual, stadium cam with max height, zoomed out and angle of 3, top player.

Five minutes are a joke though.....wanted to play a few online matches, but didn´t happen cause of server maintenance.
A very annoying thing is the fouls.
Every slight little push gets called by the ref to get the game interrupted.
So the fouls system is still not right.

All in all, I´m quite happy with this so far and I really do enjoy it.
Gonna check the pc demo and hope for a time extender.

I don´t think I´ll preorder....a day one buy....maybe.
I´m looking forward to get this on PC and mod the hell out of it. AI, fouls, etc...I´m hoping for the magic of the modders on here like inca, Loopy, amartingil etc.
They made me enjoy PES 2019 a lot and I can´t wait what they are gonna do with this one, as the base is much better now.

It's great to see so many people loving the new touches. My fear is that the lack of bite in Superstar, amongst the little niggles, will ruin it all (try playing as Vasco da Gama v Barcelona, you'd expect to be mauled and it just doesn't happen).

2019's ball physics are amazing. It was the best-feeling game on the ball ever. That didn't change the fact that playing against the AI was a terrible experience. We've got to remember it's not so much about the stuff that's new - it's about the stuff that's still there. Even if the new stuff is mindblowing.

I will say, though - I've had a few great matches online. Which I very, very, very rarely say. (But I did with the 2018 beta, probably because it's free to try and you had more "average Joes" and less "I've been ping-ponging in PES online for 15 years" wankers.)

Anyway, just popped in to say ALL DEMO BUILDS ARE THE SAME, FFS!!!

Don't believe anyone who tells you otherwise. As Adam has said himself, why the hell would they ask for feedback and then release different versions all over the place...

Don't believe anyone who tells you otherwise. As Adam has said himself, why the hell would they ask for feedback and then release different versions all over the place...

There is previous for this by the way, it was either PES 2009 or 2010 where the Japanese demo was a later build than the UK one. It has nothing to do with budget, I'm sure the game has many different builds throughout the development process.

Not to say that I think the demo builds are different in this case, just saying that resources aren't what makes this unlikely.

There is previous for this by the way, it was either PES 2009 or 2010 where the Japanese demo was a later build than the UK one. It has nothing to do with budget, I'm sure the game has many different builds throughout the development process.
Fair enough, but in this instance, it's not only blatantly obvious they're identical, but we're told (and have no reason other than "conspiracy!" to disbelieve) that they want global feedback and that all builds are the same.

Not to say that I think the demo builds are different in this case, just saying that resources aren't what makes this unlikely.
Not forgetting the famous PES 2014 leaked demo! They do have previous but I don't think that's the case this time.

About the agression of the AI im pretty sure they will fix it. I think it was on 2018 demo it was even worse. U could almost run from ur own half to their goal without being attacked, but they fixed it in full game. Even tho im sure they will take care of that problem, u cant be sure all the good parts will stand lol. But i believe full game will be more done in some important areas

Fair enough, but in this instance, it's not only blatantly obvious they're identical, but we're told (and have no reason other than "conspiracy!" to disbelieve) that they want global feedback and that all builds are the same.

Yeah I haven't seen anything different either, pretty unconvincing conspiracy tbh... I was disappointed. :D

About the agression of the AI im pretty sure they will fix it. I think it was on 2018 demo it was even worse. U could almost run from ur own half to their goal without being attacked, but they fixed it in full game. Even tho im sure they will take care of that problem, u cant be sure all the good parts will stand lol. But i believe full game will be more done in some important areas

I just hope they can fix it without having it cheat. I feel the AI at times is really good, just not consistent enough if that makes sense.

The problem with demo's is that they are not real demo's because the retail version of the game is usually different.
I remember a demo a couple of years ago that was fabulously good (both Bayern Munich and As Roma were in it, i always played Roma against Bayern for the CPU). The retail version was a big deception to me, that year.

Boy does the cpu AI park the bus on the demo..Don’t think I’ve had one game where my possession is lower then 70 percent..

Thing is when they do become more offensive things really open up..

Winning a lot of standing tackles now without being penalised(some thought definitely has to be applied interms of when and timing).Strictness of ref certainly factors in but sliding tackles aren’t always penalised.For me the tackling system isnt broken.Plenty of games where I’ve been pulled up for minor infringements and others where the ref has blindly allowed play to continue.

One thing I’ve noticed though is I’m getting to many deflections off the last cpu defender that just falls kindly to my forward for a easy one on one with the keeper.Especially when the opposition back line is stretched or caught slightly out of position.

Overall in my mind though this for me is the best pes in years..The animations,physicality and ball physics are breathtaking,as is the feel,sense of control and general flow.

Still question marks for me over the cpu AI and how it will hold up long term as a offline game.Should be showcased better in a demo.Having it set so 11 men just defend there half the majority of time doesn’t fill me with optimism.

Last edited:
But i believe full game will be more done in some important areas

It wont.

Full release will be worse than the demo, 100%.

How to expect different outcome, from the same practice they are doing for almost 10 years :)

Demo is one kind of play, full game is another. Maybe one bug will be fixed (...in a few month...), but in overall, game will be toned down in some bad way for sure.

It was PES 2010. But that was also because the Winning Eleven 2010 build had Japan as a team in the demo too.
Even then people swore blind that they were different builds and that WE2010 Demo was superior, Forgetting that they were basically the same game released simultaneously.

I think those theories were birthed out the fact that WE9:LE is a famously unique hybrid of PES 5 & 6 as it was released in between those 2 games. Like most older WE games, They typically released remixed versions with gameplay tweaks so the association with WE was that it was always superior by default.

Which brings us to present day that there's this urban myth that by name alone, Anything WE is going to be the definitive version in either demo or full game when really outside of localized UI changes they're usually identical.

It's counter productive to suggest Konami would release a sugar pill version of the demo in one region and then a productive version of the demo in another for any reason other than to tickle and amuse themselves, watching everybody on Twitter scramble to compare findings and collectively unravel the riddle like it's some kind of Kojima ruse.

It wont.

Full release will be worse than the demo, 100%.

How to expect different outcome, from the same practice they are doing for almost 10 years :)

Demo is one kind of play, full game is another. Maybe one bug will be fixed (...in a few month...), but in overall, game will be toned down in some bad way for sure.
I dont agree. I think full release been better last couple of years. Some small things been worse but AI been a disaster on the demos which made it unplayable offline. Im an offline player....maybe for online players been a different story

Thats what few guys were saying, yeah.
I dont know to be honest. Still trying to get my head around controls. Stop and face the goal is now R1 click and hold, which gets awkward when sprinting.
R2 - not really sure what it does now. Read the description but its confusing me in practice.
Also, Im still trying to figure out which one is custom trapping the ball.

Edit: and how do you do skill moves now?
i like the new controls A LOT!! :)
R1 is taking over R2 actions. full stop: just press R1 and dont use LS! and i love how you can now receive the ball and lay it off "in different ways and speeds" with R1 press (works with double press too). and how natural the ball spins when doing... GOSH!! lovely!!
R2 and LS gives you nice body feints (standing and walking)! R2 and RS gives you stepover and such. i really really dig that new system and beginning to love it!

it took me some games (and still goes on) to get used to it.
Mate, literally every post above you is discussing this...

It's bullshit. Please don't spread it.
sorry mate! its tough, when i dont have time to read the threads because i had to play a demo all night!

Last edited:
I've played another few hours.

Again.

+ I now love this game. Right Stick is genius. Its a true revolution! The Physics are incredible!

- Jesus the responsiveness and sharpness is really poor! Needs work and i'm a little concerned it will be a mess on release and it will take them till October to get something balanced. The AI is really dozy at times and my defensive AI is constantly asleep, just not aware of danger.

All in all this game is continuing to evolve. Good times people :)

Also the PC version feels a little better and harder than the PS4

Demo comes everybody love it. Than full less love it but still love it, after the first patch don’t like it and after the second patch hate it. I Love Evo-Web :D. You can’t find another site with this kind of community :APPLAUD:

The more I play it, the more I like it.
Playing as Bayern in Allianz arena, stadium cam with height 0, zoomed in with angle around 7, it can feel at times like I'm playing a television broadcast.

I much much preferred fifa last year. Barely played pes 19, even the demo was dull and turgid.
This does feel fresh (which means something for me as pes 18 and 19 demos felt tired almost instantly).
Beginning to work the right stick, some of the shifts are incredible, the little touches in and out of players. Hard to pull off though.

If only PA1 was at 2015 levels (pretty sure this isnt by choice but an AI problem of having a true semi assist level that they cant quite solve-easier just to snap the ball to receiving players feet than a grey area either side) and stats were really more pronounced, like fifa 19 where you really adjust to the player to have under control.

But otherwise, I'm pleasantly surprised. It may wear off. There's the sneaking suspicion that the depth I'm expecting to uncover with time may not be there, that's its merely being hinted at by the great animations, physics and camera angle. But...would be great if it is there.

One thing I really like is how the slow pace can suddenly explode into almost brutally aggressive attacking, say with Ronaldo or Douglas Costa. It makes the game visceral at times in a way I've not really felt since pes 5 (and occasionally pes 10).

whoever adviced to play River vs. Boca: thank you so much mate!!! :LOVE:

i played that match the whole night though! what an amazing setup that is. really enjoyed it and cant wait to go back home and hammer some more tonight!

again: thank you!! :WORSHIP:
Yessss, the atmosphere, the celebrations!!

Edit: was it me? :P

Demo comes everybody love it. Than full less love it but still love it, after the first patch don’t like it and after the second patch hate it. I Love Evo-Web :D. You can’t find another site with this kind of community :APPLAUD:
I happen to love this community with a passion. We're largely open-minded, fair, and passionate about PES. I love to read people's excitement about new features and how much they love the demo, as much as I enjoy reading painfully constructed critiques. This is my favourite website on the internet.

So I hope you're not being sarcastic here. It's pretty much an accepted fact that all football games get patched to death to suit their biggest money-generators (i.e. online players who buy microtransactions) - and you won't find it being discussed in as much detail anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom