eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can i ask what mods people make for the demo?
Me being me missed being apart of the evo web community earlier and somehow i joined just the start of march!

I know there's only 5 min matches against AI, which don't allow to analyze the game propertly, but what's you opinion on defending against the AI? PES 2019 for me lacked a lot of physicality and if you couldn't jump passing lanes or catched the AI on front to R1+X it was a nightmare to defend in a realistic manner. As soon as the CF received the ball near goal, the CB's barely had any recourse to impose strengh (outside of super cancel and move erractly towards the ball), as double tap-X was terrible even if you wanted to foul the AI.

Also any unstoppable AI goals? Specially from throw-ins and tiki-taka near your box with great combinations and 5 passes with little space for you to even react?

I will try to have a go at the demo today late at night, but for me that's one the aspects I'm most curious about.

Sorry if this was already asked and answered but I can't keep up with the thread.

How do you turn with the ball without touching it and how do you let it pass you by for a teammate instead?

And how do you put the ball on the ground when holding it with the goal keeper?

Are these even possible?

Nedved tackle get the ball and the attacker.in real football sometime reffere give foul for this tackle..but it just my opinion..

Sigh. Okay, for the sake of argument, how about this one. 16m45s (should take you there automatically). Not sure you can defend this one (unless you say "well that's from a different build" and me telling you I've seen this in the demo isn't good enough for you, which I've already said).

yeah, slide tackle wins ball first, but taking out the player looks ruthless. It's something to gif. If i can i will just to show the impact of that slide. I don't know here because it's a tough one to call.

Ahh man, have they taken out the R2 + right stick to knock the ball out of your feet (from a standing position). I used that loads.
Quite disappointed with that. I've searched through the command list and didn't see any mention of it.

The new close control and change of the R2 button is still confusing and a bit erratic for me. Hopefully I'll get used to it.

Overall the game feels nice, but I still would like something between PA0 and PA1 for passing. For me manual passing is the most satisfying, but when playing Master League, for example, I want the need to buy players with good passing stats. I'm not sure what's the best way to balance the freedom of PA0 with player attributes, but that'd be a incredible

Last edited:
Ahh man, have they taken out the R2 + right stick to knock the ball out of your feet (from a standing position). I used that loads.

For real?
That sucks man. I used it a lot too.
Somehow it made the whole play feel more realistic. Specially with playmakers such as De Bruyne, who do that in real life.

They must have reassigned it or something. It has to be there somewhere!

Quite disappointed with that. I've searched through the command list and didn't see any mention of it.

A typically konami-ish omission. I've tweeted them but hold zero hope of it being included.

@Chuny - yeah, I imagine because of the change of making the right stick the new R2 dribble that it slipped through the net. I feel like I've tried most obvious combos but maybe it's hidden there somewhere. A real shame.

Has anyone noticed the impact of the Inspire system yet? (Serious question. I've not seen a single person mention it in any demo experience post yet!)

Has anyone noticed the impact of the Inspire system yet? (Serious question. I've not seen a single person mention it in any demo experience post yet!)

There was something that I noticed that made me think it might be related to inspire - When I had someone in midfield with 2 or 3 stars in the 'low pass' inspire category, I would get forward players drop off the last line of attack in order to come and take a short pass rather running with the defenders as they fall back. Don't know if that's what it does?

I've finally played the Xbox version, this could be the best Pes game ever, really impressed with the demo.Pace, tempo of the game is the best part.
Aren't legends in the Xbox version, couldn't find them anywhere, besides is there any news about option files for Xbox this year?

The new close control and change of the R2 button is still confusing and a bit erratic for me. Hopefully I'll get used to it.

I am finding challenging the new use of R2 to either turn face to the goal and or dribbling, but i tried 2019 afterwards and it feels more robotic the way it was.

I find it to be more natural the route they took in the demo, if that makes sense, but i for sure will need the training field to improve my skills

I'll try the demo when it's on Steam, but I'm already 99% sure I won't be buying the game this year. Need to see big changes to the online co-op mode (mainly not allowing solo players playing with the CPU and not playing against MyClub teams if you are using a regular team).

It seems that there are a lot more fouls now (great!), but last year the FKs were ridiculously easy... You could score at will inside 32m with no mishits. If the FKs are so easy but there's a lot more fouls, won't there be a gamebreaking number of goals from them? Are FKs themselves more challenging/realistic?

Tbh right now I'm just planning to play the demo - the game was at it's best (in 1v1 online at least) at that point last year. From past experience I'm fully expecting the full release and subsequent patches to make things worse anyway.

I don’t know if it’s because:

I’m old now and football games are starting to bore me.

I’m tired as I’ve been up since 5am.

Or the super bright colours are hurting my eyes but...

I just find this boring and a bit of a chore to play. I feel nothing when I play it. When I score it’s like “whatever.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom