eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s this setting on your tv mate? I’ll see if I have it.

Actually, it's a custom one that my dad made, i got it wrong, but here are the numbers:

Contrast 64/100
Brightness 54/100
Color 27/100
Sharpness 74/100

Also, in the game's brightness and contrast settings i always make sure to have a difference of around 20 or 30 between brightness and contrast, with contrast being higher, right now i think i was using 20 brightness and 50 contrast.

Konami said that your edited data will not carry over im sure

They definitely said you could carry it over.

https://www.gamereactor.eu/efootball-pes-2020-demo-includes-edit-mode-and-14-real-teams/

"In total, we will have six leagues available in the demo, so six leagues our users can play around with, and a very nice feature is you will be able to carry over your edited files, from the demo over to the final product when it comes out in September."

Demo is fun, but need a deeper look. Mixed feeling for now!
The new camera definitely brings a strange change to the gameplay!

Actually, it's a custom one that my dad made, i got it wrong, but here are the numbers:

Contrast 64/100
Brightness 54/100
Color 27/100
Sharpness 74/100

Also, in the game's brightness and contrast settings i always make sure to have a difference of around 20 or 30 between brightness and contrast, with contrast being higher, right now i think i was using 20 brightness and 50 contrast.
Thanks again.

Reactions: MKC
Messi is a dribbling monster, left/right stick with no auto-feint. Stats work, i can see the difference in PIQUE and just a midfielder when defending. On professional difficulty the CPU has error in there game. This is 2014 build i bet.

Wow. This game is gorgeous and puts FIFA to shame in the graphics department (though what's up with these odd 90s-era baggy shirts?). EA's got a ton of catching up to do when it comes to visuals.

But I don't get why Konami still has their defensive AI programmed to be so passive. First games on the highest difficulty and I'm finishing with 70-80% possession. There's zero contesting going on in the midfield. It's like the CPU doesn't see you as a threat until you get near the box. Like @Chris Davies showed with his vids, it's just really strange.

Here's the very first goal in PES 2020 for me. Def not a good start or first impression. Crap like this shouldn't be acceptable these days.

I think i found a team that has opened my eyes, just like last year Colo Colo.

Flamengo is cheated, playing against them it's a nightmare. It feels like playing Pes 2019 again and i tried so many times to replay the match to understand if it was just a rare situation, nope, it's very worrying the way they play. It only lacks scoring the same goal over and over again, but they still go to the flank and try the low pass to score so many times. It seems like they completely disregard stats, pace is insanely high, passing is so quick, they go forward every single time they can, it doesn't feel like a football match at all. Feels like playing a completely different demo compared to when i played the rest of South American teams yesterday, probably because of their tactics, still not balanced enough.

To me this shows the game still has the same underlying Pes 2019 issues. This year it's a pass from me again. Can't really risk to buy a game after what i have experienced after those series of matches, i ended up deleting the demo, because it was like reliving Pes 2019 demo once again.

You would think i'm crazy or bipolar changing idea so quickly, but as it is right now it's like the game itself has two parts. One that is great and enjoyable and the other one that is straight from Pes 2019, highly frustrating and absolutely unrealistic. What will prevail with the final game i don't know.

It reminds me of Pes 2018, another Pes game that was split between great matches and terrible matches. Maybe it's a bit better than Pes 2019 because of the way AI scores, it's not so one dimensional anymore, but it's definitely not enough for me.

Game runs like ass, the tricks i used on NVIDIA settings for PES 2019 didn't help. Despite having stable 72 fps(using half adaptive fps) it runs like 2fps. Well, PS4 it is...

I don’t know if it’s because:

I’m old now and football games are starting to bore me.

I’m tired as I’ve been up since 5am.

Or the super bright colours are hurting my eyes but...

I just find this boring and a bit of a chore to play. I feel nothing when I play it. When I score it’s like “whatever.”
45/20 is what i set, brightness settings at. It helps a lot. Only time it's a problem is daytime clear skies.

Last edited:
A part of me is hoping that Konami intentionally altered the AI to be a bit more passive so the user can get more time on the ball to check out the new mechanics because of the 5 min games (who would wanna be defending from kick off then boom half is over?) ... but we all know that is most likely bollocks :LOL:

I am trying the steam demo right now, but it's capped at 60 frames. However it seems that it's a lot less than 60. Gameplay feels really laggy. Anyone else experience this problem? Also, is there a way to uncap the frames? I checked various options but couldn't find it, maybe it's locked due to being a demo but it plays better on my base ps4 than my newly built pc.

Game runs like ass, the tricks i used on NVIDIA settings for PES 2019 didn't help. Despite having stable 72 fps(using half adaptive fps) it runs like 2fps. Well, PS4 it is...
What GPU do you use? I've a GTX 1060 and it runs smoothly with 60 FPS (WUXGA).

running 60fps easily without messing about with settings for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom