eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played for an hour just there half expecting to hate it but nope still love it.

Even had a game online and it ran flawlessly which im amazed about and scored a scissor kick from the edge of the box after just 3 mins which had me jumping out of my seat (PES really is back) Didnt quite feel like the offline game but it did feel decent and a step forward from last year. Not sure why they cannot get the offline and online the exact same, Feels like a watered down version once you go online but again it was decent rather than the usual dreadful!

I had my fears towards it and most of them turned to be positive surprises.
- playing on manual with new camera.
Its actually quite intuitive. I didnt find it hard to switch. I like the way you can see more of the pitch. There are moments, when I find it little bit too zoomed out, but so far so good
- no long shots & no dribbling from AI.
I didnt see many in all the clips I watched. But I do see them quite often in the demo. And it doesnt feel forced. They dont just shoot for the sake of it, but when opportunity arrives.
- too ping-pongy, no build up from AI.
It might be down to Professional difficulty and me playing on manual, with slow build up. It might also be down to exhibition match and the fact that ML "insanity" is not there. But I do see build up from AI and its not too crazy after losing a goal.
- overall graphics and saturated colours.
In almost all clips I watched before the demo - I hated the look of it. I thought Pes19 looked realistic and nice, whereas Pes20 looked cartoonish and blinding with all the colours. To my surprise - demo looks beautiful (and I do have a shit TV). I like turf, lightning, colours. Very surprised with this

I suppose my biggest fear now is that it will all be changed on release day. Pace, errors, fouls, responsiveness..

There are things that should be addressed. i did see AI being slightly too passive. But lets not forget Master League has its own Red Bull in its blood. AI will be more aggressive there. If people complain that AI is too relaxed - we might end up with another Pes19 insanity. Same goes to fouls - its not fouls that need to be worked on. Its referees. Im afraid quick fix will be - no fouls on release. Dont have to mention pace. Already seen hundreds of posts that its too slow and sluggish. Makes me wanna cry.

Goalkeepers still occasionally glued to the line or ignoring the ball instead of kicking it out, free kicks still way too easy.. im hoping that small things like that will be polished and theyll leave the rest alone.

Still not buying it on day 1. Purely because I fear it will be completely different game by then. When I see people in here saying that full version is similar to the demo - ill get it then.

SERIE A totally confirmed, let the research begin:

• European Club Championship
  • European Masters Cup
  • European Super Cup
  • South American Championship
  • English League
  • Serie A TIM (licensed)
  • Spanish League
  • England Cup
  • Coppa Italia (licensed)
  • Spanish Cup
  • Campeonato Brasileiro Serie A (licensed)
  • Superliga Argentina (licensed)
  • Brazilian Cup
  • PEU-Liga
  • PLA-Liga
  • PAS-Liga
  • PEU Cup
  • PLA Cup
  • PAS Cup
  • Argentinean Cup
  • Campeonato AFP Planvital (licensed)
  • Chilean Cup
  • English 2nd Division
  • Spanish 2nd Division
  • English Super Cup
  • Spanish Super Cup
  • Supercoppa Italiana (licensed)
  • Argentine Super Cup
  • PEU Super Cup
  • PAS Super Cup
  • International Champions Cup NA (licensed)
  • International Champions Cup SA (licensed)
  • International Champions Cup Asia (licensed)
This list is not final, as there is no trace of Serie B of Brasil or Italy.
  • Spor Toto Süper Lig
  • Jupiler Pro League
  • Toyota Thai League
  • Raiffeisen Super League
  • Ligue 1
  • Ligue 2
  • Liga Águila
  • Chinese SuperLeague
  • 3F Superliga
  • Russian Premier League
  • Liga NOS
  • Eredivisie
  • Ladbrokes Premiership
All these are licensed, but this is most probably be a leftover from PES 2019.

Last edited:
I did two games. Juventus-Man U and Man U-Barça.

Man take it with a grain of salt, but I must say I like it. I really do. The game is heavy and feels real life like in a lot of moments, animations are well tied with a lot of micro new ones, seeing players like Pogba or CR7 moving is a joy to eyes. I love the fact shielding is triggered way more easily, a bit old school ISS style. Didn't even noticed all this wrong fouls. I hope a gametool to make games longer will come out soon.

And cpu behaves, finally, with some variety. Yes there are problems with aggressivity, incisiveness and sometimes positioning, but I have a good feel they'll make it better in the final game, and at least positioning was decently fixed with custom tactis last year, if this is the base it can only go better.

First demo to moderately hype me in years. Fingers crossed..

p.s. maybe it doesn't look much to you, but the fact the cpu scored this goal against me really made me jump on my sit :D :

Just 5 minutes into the game, Messi dribbles past my defender and Suarez kicks from the edge of the box. Amazing.

@aitken
970 GTX, it's known to have problems with PES, but with some adapting on the NVIDIA settings PES 2019 ran as smooth as butter. With the same settings the demo runs choppy as hell.
Have you tried to go into system settings then video settings and playing around with that?

Let the research begin:

• European Club Championship
    European Masters Cup
    European Super Cup
    South American Championship

English League
    Serie A TIM (licensed)
    Spanish League

England Cup
    Coppa Italia (licensed)
    Spanish Cup
    Campeonato Brasileiro Serie A (licensed)

Superliga Argentina (licensed)

Brazilian Cup
    PEU-Liga
    PLA-Liga
    PAS-Liga
    PEU Cup
    PLA Cup
    PAS Cup
    Argentinean Cup
    Campeonato AFP Planvital (licensed)

Chilean Cup

English 2nd Division
    Spanish 2nd Division
    English Super Cup
    Spanish Super Cup
    Supercoppa Italiana (licensed)

Argentine Super Cup
    PEU Super Cup
    PAS Super Cup
    International Champions Cup NA (licensed)
    International Champions Cup SA (licensed)

International Champions Cup Asia (licensed)
This list is not final, as there is no trace of Serie B of Brasil or Italy.

• Spor Toto Süper Lig
    Jupiler Pro League
    Toyota Thai League
    Raiffeisen Super League
    Ligue 1

Ligue 2
    Liga Águila
    Chinese SuperLeague
    3F Superliga
    Russian Premier League
    Liga NOS
    Eredivisie
    Ladbrokes Premiership
All these are licensed, but this is most probably be a leftover from PES 2019.
Serie B of Brasil and Italy will be bro, i hope

best News so far. PES 2019 FACES and PES 2020 FACE are comatible. Just insert Ronaldo and Neuer in PES 2019.
The faces work. Need just some rework cause they Looks a Little bit bright. Models are correct!!!​

Love to see the AI score those.

I've just played as Vasco da Gama against Barcelona on Superstar and I'm so disappointed in how the AI plays, though. I can so easily dominate possession (not by standing still with the ball, by just playing a normal passing game) - but more to the point, the AI's attacking behaviour scares me.

They get the ball back in defence, and then just smash it to a midfielder, who smashes it to a striker. Pretty much every time.

Does nobody else suffer with this? (Genuine question, I'd love some feedback from people playing as Vasco v Barca on Superstar.)

Tried pc demo, three matches, and I have to admit this is very very good. Still not analize deeper AI and other things but advanced shooting, and ball phisics are awesome ( for de moment)

Edit: Cant´t wait for time extender ;)

Last edited:

Man take it with a grain of salt, but I must say I like it. I really do. The game is heavy and feels real life like in a lot of moments, animations are well tied with a lot of micro new ones, seeing players like Pogba or CR7 moving is a joy to eyes. I love the fact shielding is triggered way more easily, a bit old school ISS style. Didn't even noticed all this wrong fouls. I hope a gametool to make games longer will come out soon.

And cpu behaves, finally, with some variety. Yes there are problems with aggressivity, incisiveness and sometimes positioning, but I have a good feel they'll make it better in the final game, and at least positioning was decently fixed with custom tactis last year, if this is the base it can only go better.

p.s. maybe it doesn't look much to you, but the fact the cpu scored this goal against me really made me jump on my sit :D :

Haven't been able to try it myself just yet but coming from you, this is great news for me :D

Quite A few suprises from the CPU.
I had a long free kick (30 m) against me,that Neuer saved,but I didn't see that coming from the demo's lowest ranked team.

View attachment 17863

When you see bs feedback like ball physics is super unrealistic, you know these people clearly never played football in their lives. Ball physics is the best thing about this demo and people like these don’t even know what they are talking about.
I’m not having a good time with the demo but you’re right, the ball physics are very good.

OK, I play 2 games, the first impression .. is not SLOWER that PES 2019 but is way smoother
The Refer is ridiculous, almost every touch is fall.
Shots are funny.
Still, I can't see reason Konami to mess with R2 close control... All that can be done with R2 and Right stick or left the stick in the first place... there was no reason to change it so much.
Defending is somehow harder, they are a more.. heavy and slow reacting. They are feel locked to animation, " pushing the body to body animation " but in another side.. R2 + defending is much better now.
I love the new super cancel.
The player switching is awful.

View attachment 17863

When you see bs feedback like ball physics is super unrealistic, you know these people clearly never played football in their lives. Ball physics is the best thing about this demo and people like these don’t even know what they are talking about.
Yeah ball physics are great but on Finesse shots the revolutions on the ball are a bit overdone imo making it look slightly unrealistic and weird imo. Revolutions need toned down slightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom