eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played one game and ... i want to pre-order!
I prefer PES, started on FIFA with the FIFA99 on PC, jumped to PES on PS2 with PES2 but i have been testing FIFA every year. In the last two months i've been playing FIFA 19 and it's like against nature, too robotic, too scipted, too laggy. I was feeling lack of freedom and now, today i test this... damm is good!
I cannot understand some complains that i read here, the game seems to had a really big jump in quality this year. Really happy with it.

The only complain that i have so far is that the image seems grainy, i need to recheck the rendering settings to see if it is some sort of filter.

Played four matches offline, I’m not feeling it so far, visually I like it but to me it doesn’t feel like a substantial improvement on last year at all in the gameplay department.

I remind myself it’s a yearly release so I shouldn’t expect too much, perhaps series fatigue has set in.

Guys, please take to Twitter with all the good things about the demo.
Let's try to not let these stupid "Pro" players ruin the final product for us. Twitter is filled with rubbish comments about the demo right now, it's making me puke.
At least us guys on evo web can try to tilt the odds in our favour.

What about serie b? Not be in the game? :( Saaaaad
It will. There's rumour of it being licensed so it may be something to do with that. When you bear in mind those files also confirm a licensed Coppa Italia and Supercoppa, it would be very odd for them to completely 180 on a declaration that Serie B was in.

Btw, if you guys know, there's a FIFA YouTuber named Vapex Karma, he put out kind of an impressions video, and the comments are filled with "I'm ditching FIFA, PES looks so much better this year".

In regards to new dribbling.
I like it so far and I think I see the reasoning behind it. Its easier, intuitive and more rewarding to mix right and left stick, right next to each other. It has a potential for some nice close duels.

Guys, please take to Twitter with all the good things about the demo.
Let's try to not let these stupid "Pro" players ruin the final product for us. Twitter is filled with rubbish comments about the demo right now, it's making me puke.
At least us guys on evo web can try to tilt the odds in our favour.

I think most of us feed back here with + and -. I hope the same goes for twitter.
But what negative only feedback i see on twitter is about only "fu*k yourself Konami", "you fu*ked up passing, dribbling, shooting etc" the kind of feedback is not listened to according to Adam.

I really like the game. Took a trip to New Zealand from the US so I’m jet lagged lol.

Anyways, this is the best looking football game I’ve ever played. It looks so good on my LG C8 OLED. There is a big improvement in terms of gameplay compared to last year. AI could be a little better but it’s always been easier in exhibition than when you play master league or versus mode vs the comp.

In regards to new dribbling.
I like it so far and I think I see the reasoning behind it. Its easier, intuitive and more rewarding to mix right and left stick, right next to each other. It has a potential for some nice close duels.

Unless you never use running as any R and L buttons. Im running with triangle, epsylon for 16 years. Im fucked with dribbling this year. I left with the bodyshielding, quick bursts and fake shots.

I think most of us feed back here with + and -. I hope the same goes for twitter.
But what negative only feedback i see on twitter is about only "fu*k yourself Konami", "you fu*ked up passing, dribbling, shooting etc" the kind of feedback is not listened to according to Adam.
Yes mate, that is the most constructive we could be.
And possible also tag Evo web (we could probably help to make our image better, so that they know people at Evo web do give constructive criticism and aren't irrational, and then maybe listen to us too(?))
I'm expecting too much, but then we could certainly try.

Early thoughts, and I stress, early...

Pros
+Looks great.
+Ball feels like it weighs a lot, which helps with the overall pace, slower wind-up animations, etc. First touches are heavy.
+Fouls, looks like we have a few more now. Silly barging ones, yes, but it does help with the realism.
+AI dribbling, nice to see.
+Physical one-on-one battles are nice.
+AI shoots from outside the box.
+I really like the slight curve on the player hexagons. Shoot is also back in its rightful place at the top of the hexagon. Feels retro.

Cons
-AI still useless and tame. No threat.
-AI seems to run out of ideas getting into the box from out wide. It will try and dribble inside and will falter. No more low-cross spamming, but now that’s been taken out, AI is toothless.
-I can still get through to my striker in 2 passes. Midfield still non-existent.
-AI useless, oh I said that.

Can't comment on the new camera angle yet, I switched to my regular one before I kicked a ball.

Early thoughts
I did concede some goals to the AI, and they were good goals and didn't feel cheap. A bit more impetus from the AI and we might have something decent.
It’s PES 19.5 right now, but that’s not entirely a bad thing. PES19 was a good game let down by poor AI. This feels like a more refined version of that in other areas except the one that matters to me, a Master League player - the AI.

3.6 roentgen. Not great, not terrible.

Im running with triangle, epsylon for 16 years.
Ancient Techniques
ancientykkon.png

Is there not formal feedback sent from the admins to Konami? Seems logical as the site is the biggest fanbased forum. And 80% plus of Twitter/social media comments etc are always going to be uneducated emotion based BS. Always the vocal minority screaming the loudest in this day and age it seems.

They don't look at Evo web man, best is that we take to Twitter with proper findings, positives and negatives.
?

Is there not formal feedback sent from the admins to Konami? Seems logical as the site is the biggest fanbased forum. And 80% plus of Twitter/social media comments etc are always going to be uneducated emotion based BS. Always the vocal minority screaming the loudest in this day and age it seems.
I speak to Adam occasionally and pass on community feedback when he's around - but generally Evo-Web is seen as "the hate-hole of the Pro Evo world" so we don't get invites to events etc. or early code any more. So if you've got feedback, honestly - while Adam is asking for it on Twitter, back it up with a good video example he can show to the team in Japan, and he'll listen to you.

I speak to Adam occasionally and pass on community feedback when he's around - but generally Evo-Web is seen as "the hate-hole of the Pro Evo world" so we don't get invites to events etc. or early code any more. So if you've got feedback, honestly - while Adam is asking for it on Twitter, back it up with a good video example he can show to the team in Japan, and he'll listen to you.

Somebody suggested a great thing in the other thread. Ill tweet like this from now on.

Yes mate, that is the most constructive we could be.
And possible also tag Evo web (we could probably help to make our image better, so that they know people at Evo web do give constructive criticism and aren't irrational, and then maybe listen to us too(?))
I'm expecting too much, but then we could certainly try.

Great idea!
I'll make sure with every tweet tag https://twitter.com/evo_web with @evo_web.

I don't know if any of you guys noticed, it's a small thing, but Allianz Stadium exterior view is kind of a 'live' thing (with actual moving cars and such). Camp nou didn't have that.
Also, watch out for the atmosphere in Boca vs River. It's well made.

Just some wee thoughts on the state of play...

Firstly I am not a mad live it, breathe it gamer, so I don’t do super star or legendary level, I float between regular and professional, although I do play world class level in the Juve free zone one as I find it a tad easier.

So what I like about the demo...

1. Game speed is fine, but will probably get a jet up the a$$ in the full game.
  2. Camera’s are brill, although the stadium cam can be a bit far out from the other side of the pitch. These 50 something short-sighted eyes may contribute to that as well mind you.
  3. Not so easy to get all your passes off.
  4. Seems to have some unpredictable randomness to it, which I really appreciate, but fear it will also disappear in the full game.
  5. Glad the fouls are in, but we actually meant the AI to be making them too. Having just said that, I have had several edge of the box free kicks, even at regular level. It still needs some balance though, reduce the player calls and increase the AI ones, and a cracking game will be in there.
  6. Lighting is excellent, I know some of you guys have had problems, but it seems PS4 pro’s and 4K tellies don’t seem to get on. I am on bare PS4 and ordinary HD TV and it looks stunning.
  7. So far I’ve found the game play quite balanced and as yet, the AI hasn’t pulled the horrible and sneaky through ball to get one-on-one aided and abetted by the catch-up-bug in reverse where you can’t catch the guy. That I fear may also make an unwanted return in the full game.
  8. Keepers, I have seen them doing daft stuff, and several times tipping over the bar, the animations are pretty good for them too. I know some guys have complained about them, and posted vids of the ‘bugs’ around them, but bugs apart though, I hope they leave the keepers as they are, it all adds to the randomness mentioned above.
  9. Finally, love the nets reaction when scoring, been years since we had good nets that moved sweetly upon a goal being scored.
I worry about what they will break between now and then at Konami, and worryingly looking at the menu, it appears standalone league and cup mode is absent. Does this mean these modes have been removed? They have history here, having once removed the league mode completely, think it was 10 or 11 they did that.

If this demo plus a few wee tweaks/fixes was to represent the final release, I would deffo buy it on release day, but sadly, they have history here too, and it’s far too risky to spend a serious wad of cash for a game they wrecked between now and then.

It’s looking quite good just now though.

Did anyone notice, how AI is trying to act like a HUM player on goal kicks or free kicks?
When you select a receiver with L1 to kick the ball to him, AI players are running towards your controlled player to put some pressure on them. If you change the player they pressure the one you switched to.
Its not very realistic, but its funny, coz this is exactly the way people play. :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom