eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny you mention this, I've had a feeling it's very rough early version of the game from the get go

at this point this version i would buy it at a high price and i couldnt wait to get in to the new ML with this gameplay
giphy.gif

Whats also great, ive seen a few ai tap in as well (like the ai long-long rangers, 19 had absolutely none of these low shots) as low curler style goals by players such as messi or dyabla.
Hopefully it won't be like PES 2016 in which all the teams used to score that way...
Well, seeing that the CPU also strikes from a distance is a positive thing.
Hopefully they'll keep this variation also in the final release. Now I'm genuinely curious to try it myself, also to see if really different teams play in a different way.

Honestly I tried to avoid this discussion in the last couple of days so I can't tell (yet) if the CPU plays differently from team to team according to the team tactics, but if it's so (with more fouls and this shooting type variation confirmed), it could be very good news.
Ah, screw that, I'm gonna read the thread and see what all of you think. Please don't let me down!

I haven't tried manual yet, even though I've always used manual shooting for previous PESs. I'm still on advanced and there's something different and better about it that's making me forget I'm on advanced.
I totally agree. I didn’t like it all in 2019. At this demo it’s really satisfying to use. I’ve got the feeling they changed something about the input directions.

R2 finesse on fullmanual (vs. p2 with no player controlling - to test it out)...finally it has worked n looks good. BUT BUT BUT...it took ages to do it..should be easier to perform:

..one other thing. I mentioned ive already seen a handful of 30+ yrd long rangers from superstar ai...great stuff..however all these shots have gone directly to keeper or have been easily saved (possible OP keepers). Too early to tell with limited demo time, but im gonna play against superstar ai tonight purposely giving players like Continho enough time to shoot...not pressuring them to see.if they can actually score from long range...not just perform them. Interesting times...love testing out new games..

Having a mixed bag after a dozen games, some feel ok, some are packed with problems.

Getting far too many goals from AI keeper falling into his defenders, the odd occasion is fine but too many

[E FOOTBALL LOGO POPUP]

Miskicks are nice, but I’m not convinced they are because of positioning, getting a roll of the dice vibe off them

[E FOOTBALL LOGO POPUP]

Too many nothing fouls given, I like fouls, I even like the odd harsh decision or card, but it’s far too sensitive and the AI doesn’t follow the same rules.

[E FOOTBALL LOGO POPUP]

I don’t like the running animations, well the AI mostly, very stop start. Kind of looks like they need the toilet but can’t commit to running to it because Mr Turtle Head is poking out.

[E FOOTBALL LOGO POPUP]

Sound is arse again, that will never change. I assume the sound design budget is maybe 10 dollars? The menus are looking grim too, as a first impression I was greeted with a hanging screen that showed Scott McTominay crudely cut out and placed on a blank background. Surely a nice loading screen or menu isn’t too much to ask for, even on a demo.

[E FOOTBALL LOGO POPUP]

But my main issue has nothing to do with gameplay, edit mode hasn’t been upgraded yet again. (Add a sponsor image isn’t an upgrade, it’s lipstick on a pig). How many years has it been like this? 4 million years? 3 years? Somewhere in between? It’s nice the edit guys have it to work on early this time, but no new fonts? Collars? Text outline? Pixel edit? Not good enough.

Oh and

[E FOOTBALL LOGO POPUP]

Fuck that logo.

But despite these early negatives, some matches I’ve borderline enjoyed... not quite smile worthy, definitely not hand cream and tissue worthy, but better than a hammer to the nuts.
Haha that's me sold then. Better than a hammer to the nuts AND no vomiting of blood whatsoever; it's a pre-order for me.

..re step overs while on the run.. i used to do this on 18 n 19 by doing a semicircular motion on R stick while moving fwd with L stick. Now with R stick acting as R2 close control u can no longer do it that way.

So..I played around..n seems you can still do step overs while in run, but now u have to hold down R2, and then do the semicircular move on R stick....the R2 hold stops the R stick acting as the close controller...

R2 finesse on fullmanual (vs. p2 with no player controlling - to test it out)...finally it has worked n looks good. BUT BUT BUT...it took ages to do it..should be easier to perform:

Excuse me why defenders are so passive?
Please tell me that you play with a friend and let you score...

..one other thing. I mentioned ive already seen a handful of 30+ yrd long rangers from superstar ai...great stuff..however all these shots have gone directly to keeper or have been easily saved (possible OP keepers). Too early to tell with limited demo time, but im gonna play against superstar ai tonight purposely giving players like Continho enough time to shoot...not pressuring them to see.if they can actually score from long range...not just perform them. Interesting times...love testing out new games..

try to put a weaker keeper into the goal?

So they've just revealed the official cover...

nVeKier.png

Honestly, this is so unbelievably bad... It's like something I used to make when I was just starting with Photoshop.
The white outline of the players, the tacky lightning and other Street-Fighter-esque graphics, I could go on for days.

This is the absolute worst cover we've EVER had.

nVeKier.png

Honestly, this is so unbelievably bad... It's like something I used to make when I was just starting with Photoshop.
The white outline of the players, the tacky lightning and other Street-Fighter-esque graphics, I could go on for days.

Think you are too old :) This is the best cover I can remember, I think it will attract the younger crowd and increase sales a lot. Has a bit of Japanese anime flair about it

nVeKier.png

Just no :D what you are claiming are true for many PES and FIFA covers.

Think you are too old :) This is the best cover I can remember, I think it will attract the younger crowd and increase sales a lot. Has a bit of Japanese anime flair about it

The younger games is predominately FIFA. A cover isn’t going to change that.

Content, gameplay, licences and online stability and modes is what changes it.

I actually like that cover a lot, but I am hoping we get some different players in the Americas. Maybe Ronaldinho? And someone from a partner club?

It's not a bad idea for a cover per se, but the execution is shocking from a graphic design standpoint.

What a revolution this demo is..I’ve been transported back 20 odd years to my youth again.

Just when I thought all was lost Konami churn out this gem.Finally things have cohesion and each component works together without feeling disjointed.

The ball physics are a marvel,as is player control.Each movement with the stick just feels natural.I’m finally able to time and win the ball back with stick control and a well timed button press.Everything just feels more measured and subtle and shooting has stepped up considerably.Low crosses are power based not a double button press and removing the R2 trapping mechanic for me makes ball trapping and player movement more natural,both visually and how it’s reflected by the actions of the on screen protagonists.The cpu AI is solid and varied and the movement of your own teammates and the way they react to what your doing at times feels almost telepathic.

They’ve definitely played to there strengths.For me a real return to form!..Game-centric but never forgets the important fundamentals(that’s what made pes so good back in the day).Wasnt pes back in the day all about he angles

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom