eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
UnitedMemorableBrontosaurus-size_restricted.gif

[/mood]

I thought twice about posting this, I know I'll be called a hater. But those who know me know I'm not.

I really, really don't like it, now that I've had more time with it.

Every 3rd or 4th pass/shot is a deflection, or a rebound. Because the pressing is insane. I've not had a miskick yet that's felt like it was because of the context - I've tried to hit first-time shots with perfect positioning and they've skewed wide simply because I've pressed the shoot button early.

Fouls are given for absolutely nothing. Penalties are given for perfect slide tackles (as we saw in one of the Man United v Legends gameplay videos). Players have started falling over for no reason. Rebound goals seem big again.

So much just feels... Broken.

The possession and easy short pass mentioned in video are definitely annoying but they have been in the game for a long time now. I don't know if you will agree this but I think when you are playing against human opponent, either online or offline, it's much harder to possess the ball and pass around with ease because human players know when and how to press. So for me this is more of an A.I. issue than the game mechanism issue. And I just don't see this issue being solved in the near future so the only way is to turn a blind eye to it and enjoy the other parts of the game.

Its not that I want to force them to stay back, its more the space is just there so its stupid not to use it. On the plus side I haven't seen acres of space in the middle of the pitch, but I wonder if the AI are more interested in covering the middle than the wings.

It changes according to opponent tactics. Some teams leave much more space on the flank, others like Vasco da Gama (i played plenty against them to test if there was some sort of scripted situation) leave lots of space in the middle.

Since AI is now more human, at least in this demo it is, it seems quite easy to me, even at Superstar level playing manual. It's like without blatant scripting and stats boosting they can't be a serious threat. That is something that i hope football games will fix with next gen consoles focusing on AI. But comparing this AI to Pes 2019 demo AI i prefer them to be easier but more human than difficult but scripted.

Right. My point is, these issues are to me. Hence wasting an hour making a video about them.

Did you even see the goal scored off the back of the keeper's head, who just stops watching the ball for no reason?

In all the matches I've played so far, I've seen issues like these. They are, to me - not to everyone - completely off-putting and not fun.

I just wanted to put something together tonight to demonstrate those reasons, because I'd always rather have a video of my points than just say "this thing happens".

If I recorded 50 games and put together a video, someone would still say "what are you moaning about, none of it's THAT BAD" - so why do it. I just wanted to make one quick video, to voice my opinion.

I've done that now. (I will keep trying it, because I've actually been enjoying 2019 a little bit over the last few weeks, but this feels buggy in loads of places - from players falling over, to fouls being utterly, utterly terrible.)

That goal 'keeping' attempt transcends opinion. In my... opinion. Indefensible.

Crap, I couldn't stay away, had to read some impressions :D

Anyway, nice to hear that PA1 seem less assisted but as usual it will be toned down for the full release sadly. I fear to read what the kids say on Twitter about the passing...

I've done that now. (I will keep trying it, because I've actually been enjoying 2019 a little bit over the last few weeks, but this feels buggy in loads of places - from players falling over, to fouls being utterly, utterly terrible.)
Im finding the fouls one of the good aspects of the game, We have not had a strict ref in a football title for something like 14 years, Maybe it will just take time to get used to especially if your coming from Fifa where the ref doesnt blow for fouls.

Does Pes still have some kind of partnership with Sony? It could possibly explain why the playstation demo has been on the NZ store for 8 hours, yet Xbox owners are still waiting for it to be available to download.

I’m with Chris on this.

Just way too many niggles for me to take it seriously. That stupid irritating esports cut scene after every break in play is just ridiculous. It’s 2019 and Konami are still using this component.

It’s clunky and just a button basher really, laser guided passing is really off putting already and I’ve had less than a day with it. Scoring is completely soulless whilst the keepers still seem dumbed down when you get into the penalty box.

I don’t think visually it’s any different from 19 either unless you count a paint job on the menus which I don’t.

I skipped FIFA 19 last year bar a loan I got for a month or two and I think regardless I’m skipping PES20 this year, it’s got nothing to keep a past player satisfied imo.

That goal 'keeping' attempt transcends opinion. In my... opinion. Indefensible.

Played 50+ matches against CPU, never happened something to goalkeeper like that. It should tell you it's far from gamebreaking.

But i will stop "defending" the game. Just play it and make your own opinion.

As a pc user I still have to try the game but personally I've already decided it's probably just a waste of time having any kind of high expectation for the game, and my suggestion would be for you guys to think the same. I think I'd settle for a Pes 2019 which some less monotonous AI. I wouldn't scream miracle but it's a game I could take maybe on sale or something.

At first glance, the new camera angles, graphics and animations really make this demo look good and exciting. Then you observe the gameplay a bit more and same old story, rocked fuelled counter attack, end to end football game - no midfield battles, or any need for gradual build up play. The AI just try and get it up the pitch as quick as possible. Superstar AI looks absolutely shocking from the footage I've seen, they're far too rash and direct and give the ball away too easily by running directly at you. Just don't get the sense you're playing against intelligent opposition

It's Demo day alright...
Mouth guard bought for the full release.
Haven't tried it yet,I usually go and have a look at a few guys reactions on it.
Seems 50/50 between "I'm done" and "it's quite ok"
Not much new under the sun!
How's the heading on PA0?
Shooting?
Seen any stats on passing?

Im finding the fouls one of the good aspects of the game, We have not had a strict ref in a football title for something like 14 years, Maybe it will just take time to get used to especially if your coming from Fifa where the ref doesnt blow for fouls.
Or PES 2019, to be fair.

They do seem to have gone nuclear on fouls. Middle ground would be great.

It's okay, I still like you. But going all broken record and starting to belittle others while doing so isn't adding anything of value to all this. Peace out, buddy.
You’re right, my post came across as very arrogant.

I still like you too :)

Reactions: Tom
Playing Pes 2019 demo last year i was frustrated the whole time, i posted this absolutely ridiculous goal by Colo Colo
that completely disregarded Colo Colo passing stats, with lighting speed passing and backheel that ended up being the trademark Pes 2019 CPU goal.
This year i managed to play it for consecutive hours trying to test it and i saw nothing like that. CPU even at Superstar level seems to respect stats a lot more, there is nothing unnatural like that, thankfully.

Later will post some goals scored by CPU, there is enough variety, but it could so much better.

What are your thoughts on PlayerID so far, people?
after 6 games it looks good, messi scored a great goal from 20 yards, very messi like, left foot curler, big players and strong players seem to dominate.

I like the demo, my only gripe is the amount of free kicks I'm giving a lot away which I like but AI is pushing and shoving and I've had 1 given in all my games.

Can we stop with this “King is back” nonsense. We hear/read it every year. PES 2020 demo is still on-rails and stiff plus scoring goals still feels boring as hell.

It’s a decent demo in other areas but it’s dumbed down to hell. It’s nowhere near as fun as PES 3 or 5.
Jesus stop complaining if you dont like it play another game!

after 6 games it looks good, messi scored a great goal from 20 yards, very messi like, left foot curler, big players and strong players seem to dominate.

You mean by the AI?.

What about when you control those players?
Dybala, Messi, Thiago Alcantara, etc

The CPU doesn’t score that crappy cut-back goal anymore which is a plus.

Everything feels weighty, something FIFA never seems to get right. The players always feel light as a feather in that series.

But the fun factor isn’t there for me. I just played a game, I was Boca v River Plate. The CPU just wants to drive forward every opportunity.

I’ve only tried Superstar so far, might drop it down.

Or PES 2019, to be fair.

They do seem to have gone nuclear on fouls. Middle ground would be great.
I've only read about the no fouls on Fifa and I didnt play the full game of PES 2019 was that just as bad then? Honestly id take this strict ref every game as it makes you think about what your doing, I have gave away so many fouls by holding the pressure button down and my player goes right through them. One thing i will need to cut back on but its great it makes you think a little.

I know hardly anyone uses it but there's a really irritating fractional delay on releasing the ball when using Advanced Thru Ball that isn't there at all with Basic Thru Ball. Really screws up your timing and weighting of the pass.

What should my tv settings be for HDR? I can never get it looking right, everything is so damn saturated and too bright. In-game options it should be 50/50 right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom