eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats very good, so the Community could edit all Kits,Leagues and Names before the Game is released
Can't edit the leagues, you can only edit the teams. And only teams from English 1st and 2nd, Spanish 1st, PES, PAS and PLA leagues.

I played one game before work this morning. Glad they fixed the R2 right stick to make a teammate sprint. Worked every time. Only took 3 years to fix but that’s a big plus for me. Will have to play more tonight.

Played the demo for just over two hours and very impressed with it.

The pace is utterly brilliant
New camera angle is stunning
Players feel weighty
Shooting is fantastic, Hit loads of missed timed shots and wayward shots
Passing on PA1 is great, Plenty of astray passes, Blind passes are not accurate at all
Ref is great not quite as strict as PES 5 ref but getting there!
Graphics and Animations are excellent
Lighting is excellent and a huge difference between all 3 stadiums

Will this game win the Fifa fanboys over? Not a chance! This is a million miles away from what Fifa fans want. Will it win over PS2 PES players that have moved to Fifa? Yes i think it will. This feels like at the moment the spiritual successor of PES 5 and the start of something tremendous in the next few years and nxt-gen.

Couple of issues i have, Atmosphere is pretty dire. The game feels faster the more you go up the AI so playing regular it feels nice and slow and the AI get plenty of men behind the ball, while playing on Top Player or Superstar the game speeds up as you have far less time on the ball and the AI want to counter really quickly.

Overall though i wasnt expecting to be impressed as i have not been impressed with PES since PES 6 but todays demo has really surprised me. Brilliant Konami finally firmly back on track! Cannot wait for the full game. Back to the demo it is then...

The king is back :BOP:

I don't have access to my PC or PS4 at the moment, but I'd like to hear opinions on the shooting and CPU AI. More specifically, shooting variety, shot error, that intangible feeling when you score (if it's even present), how the keepers animate and react to user shots, etc. :PRAY:

Some people here talking about pace of gameplay and responsiveness.
Lowering the pace of the game takes a slight hit on 'responsiveness' in my opinion.
This responsiveness is what FIFA players craved, and hence FIFA is such a fast paced game with absolutely no build up.
You can't praise the slow paced gameplay, but be critical of the responsiveness (as some have done here). It is what it is to achieve something like simulation, unless some smart guy comes up with a brilliant idea.

What I've really noticed is how the ball just breaks for you nicely in certain situations that it wouldn't in previous iterations.

Had a couple of moments that happened in front of goal where the ball just randomly went in my favour via a deflection or nice piece of build up play and there was just this lovely few seconds of time to compose oneself and bury it. This has been missing for a long time, the randomness of ball outcomes and new shot winding up animations coupled with a slower pace & added weight to everything really give a sense of anticipation & punch to these moments.

whats up with the color saturation being so high? I felt nauseous after 5min.
It gave me a headache.

I’m not seeing many improvements here I have to say. Does it feel like PES 2019 all over again to anyone else?

Put the game in one of the old camera angles and it’s more or less the same game for me.

In E3 build, there was some actual cloth physics (the feeling of shirts being a different identity from the body). In a bid to fix the bagginess, it feels as if that part has been ditched entirely. We're back to PES 2019 cloth physics.

Pitch looks fantastic in HDR on my LG OLED B7 at all 3 stadiums. Night matches look pretty good as well. Do you have the TV and PS set up properly?

I played around with the settings now it looks good. But I guess the ps4 graphics aren't as good as the ps4 pro for PES. Should I upgrade? I feel like it’s too late when the ps5 is coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom