eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe it's only 5 gigs. That's minimal content for today. Downloaded in 15min. My god that's cheap!
if it was 40GB you would see more people moan, i bet!
if there is not more space needed, why blow it up!?

Change the camera angle and the flaws of 2019 are very much still there.

must have played over 20 games now and I’ve been awarded maybe 6 fouls at most which is ridiculous. The cpu seem to get FKs when players brush against each other which isn’t great.

It’s hard to get a true feeling of the AI in such short games but I don’t see anything drastically different. GKs still parrying into danger areas which has been a concern since forever it feels like.

I don’t think anyone who didn’t enjoy the last few years will get any joy from this. Until they rip the engine out and start from scratch it’s going to be a hollow arcade experience for me.

I hoped I was wrong and they would really change it this year but it’s just a refinded 2019 with the same major flaws papered over.

Not worth the purchase when we know it will be free sooner or later and with a shelf life of a couple of months in general I’ll wait for that.
did you get enough fouls in 2019 or any ps4 PES game!?

These menus, man. I can’t believe we’ve still got this absolute dog sh*t presentation for one of the big football games of 2020.

The banners in the Allianz Arena look absolutely ridiculous too. Why even have them?

Yes :D Ibrox and Celtic „it’s in the game” Serie A no.
In last year's yes. We've seen nothing of it in 2020, yet we have seen something Serie A in 2020.
I don't doubt SPFL is in, I'm just making a point.

Coz Serie A and B is licensed and la liga 123 probably too
La Liga 123 will not be in as EA have exclusive licence for both Spanish leagues. Serie B is not confirmed as of yet, Serie A is 99.9% though.

Anyone any tips when using Right stick dribble? Cant really do much with it at the moment but feel it could be a game changer after used it.

i saw people who have full leagues ??
EApxifRW4AAMkuI.jpg

In last year's yes. We've seen nothing of it in 2020, yet we have seen something Serie A in 2020.
I don't doubt SPFL is in, I'm just making a point.

La Liga 123 will not be in as EA have exclusive licence for both Spanish leagues. Serie B is not confirmed as of yet, Serie A is 99.9% though.

I could've sworn Adam said that the Spanish 2nd division is back...???

First Pes when i feel is complete game. After Pes 6 is first Pes i like it. New camera setting is great. I created FIFA 19 camera setting in PES 2020. Good ball physics as always, nice animations without clunky ones, and not bad players physics. Menus is not awesome but simple and not bad.Stadia looks great, crowd looks much better than Pes 2019.

Last edited:
I don't see how people are saying its. Like. Pes 2019.I have played lots of 19 and pes 2020 you actually have to think, you can ping pong passes as you could before. Definitely enjoying the game. Also setting the com team as the home team is more of a challenge I feel

First Pes when i feel is complete game. After Pes 6 is first Pes i like it. New camera setting is great. I created FIFA 19 camera setting in PES 2020. Good ball physics as always, nice animations without clunky ones, and not bad players physics. Menus is not awesome but simple and not bad.Stadia looks great, crowd looks much better than Pes 2019.
Never thought im gonna see the day you'll say that you like Pes. :LOL:

Anyone that has tried the demo, what did you feel about defense? Do the new tactical fouls and more physicality help? Do CB's go out of position to easy like in 2018/2019? I feel that in the last years proper defense is really lacking, specially near the box against AI. You barely can do anything as you lack tools to control space and double tap x is most of the time useless.

Do the new contrast appear often or even at all? The one in which you pull the shirt that they kinda hyped in the trailers

You can still hold X and tackle the opponent without thinking about it. There is no skill involved whatsoever.

PES is so dumbed down now.

I don't even know how to interpret feedback about the latest version of PES anymore. The same descriptions, phrases and buzzwords have been used on an annual basis since PES2010.

Small little detail that I absolutely love.

With attacking fullbacks selected, your cdm will now no long split your CB's when the ball is in the oppositions half. Really surprised they fixed this or even cared enough to fix this

Small little detail that I absolutely love.

With attacking fullbacks selected, your cdm will now no long split your CB's when the ball is in the oppositions half. Really surprised they fixed this or even cared enough to fix this
how so?

A few things that are already apparent:

There is an issue when attacking players shoot and their animation creates contact with a blocking defender, the defending team is almost always given a foul. This is going to be extremely annoying.*

AI attacks still seem too intent on passing into a central position close to goal before shooting, even if their CF is tightly marked a winger in possession of the ball has a great chance to score from a wider angle.

The game remains intent on showing you replays of tiny fouls, with the big EPES logo sweeping in and out each time. It sounds like nothing but when it's happening 10 times a half it's irritating if you just want to keep playing.

Biggest issue for me: severe frame rate issues when a corner/free-kick is taken, which often last 5-10 seconds. Has a very negative impact on gameplay. Using a PS4 Pro here, too.

The pitch graphics in this game is so trash. I had to adjust my tv settings multiple times to just make it a bit more attractive.

The CDM will sit back but not so far back that they're anchored at the midway line. More in their natural position about 30-40 yards out
That's maybe why I feel like it's more tight and less space now in midfield..better than the gameplay videos we saw till now. Dm and cm are tracking better and pressing I felt from the games I played..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom