eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No demo thread?

Well, i played for 4 hours straight (about 50 matches) and it was mostly a good time, with some frustration here and there due to match length. But this demo is definitely a lot better than Pes 2019 demo, considering they both have 5 minutes matches.

Will play the Pc demo with unlocked match duration to have a better idea but finally CPU seems to be a lot more human compared to Pes 2019. No tiki taka style actions, no impossible goals scored by them, enough variation between the teams, with low rated teams quite boring to play against, and middle rated team like River Plate with players trying more frequently to dribble and do some tricks to score.

Still no short pass, tap in goal. Pes 2019 trademark goal seems gone.

Still have to play online matches.

I'm playing with United who have the advanced full backs tactic anyone noticed how much space you get on the wings? Especially playing against the 4-3-3 formation... It's pretty ridiculous. Luke Shaw and Ashley Young are literally advancing unmarshalled as if they are wing forwards.

Seriously? I like much more FIFA 19 than PES 2019. Pes 2020 is good but better than F19? Im not sure...

PES 20 is def much better than FIFA 19. The new dribbling and the way players movie in control of the pace is 100x better than on FIFA. Also ball physics this year is honestly the best it’s ever been. I love crossing in this game so much, it’s so satisfying, and to score from a cross is a great feeling. The king is def back. Collisions this year are much better too, last year you can just run over players, now you can’t, they shield so much better now. Overall def best football game I played.

It gave me a headache.

I’m not seeing many improvements here I have to say. Does it feel like PES 2019 all over again to anyone else?

Put the game in one of the old camera angles and it’s more or less the same game for me.
yep, none of my games bother me, except this demo. It's either the color saturation or contrast, my eyes are cooked. The game seems like 19.5 to me. Still running on rails in 2020.:COAT:

PES 20 is def much better than FIFA 19. The new dribbling and the way players movie in control of the pace is 100x better than on FIFA. Also ball physics this year is honestly the best it’s ever been. I love crossing in this game so much, it’s so satisfying, and to score from a cross is a great feeling. The king is def back. Collisions this year are much better too, last year you can just run over players, now you can’t, they shield so much better now. Overall def best football game I played.
Can we stop with this “King is back” nonsense. We hear/read it every year. PES 2020 demo is still on-rails and stiff plus scoring goals still feels boring as hell.

It’s a decent demo in other areas but it’s dumbed down to hell. It’s nowhere near as fun as PES 3 or 5.

Anyone else getting a bit of a PES 2014 vibe with this demo? I'm taking more about the weight, physicality and nice little delay to certain actions I'm seeing & feeling. Reminds me very much of that game in some regards, mostly the good parts.
Some of the linking of animations feels very reminiscent.

I thought twice about posting this, I know I'll be called a hater. But those who know me know I'm not.

I really, really don't like it, now that I've had more time with it.

Every 3rd or 4th pass/shot is a deflection, or a rebound. Because the pressing is insane. I've not had a miskick yet that's felt like it was because of the context - I've tried to hit first-time shots with perfect positioning and they've skewed wide simply because I've pressed the shoot button early.

Fouls are given for absolutely nothing. Penalties are given for perfect slide tackles (as we saw in one of the Man United v Legends gameplay videos). Players have started falling over for no reason. Rebound goals seem big again.

So much just feels... Broken.

I'm playing with United who have the advanced full backs tactic anyone noticed how much space you get on the wings? Especially playing against the 4-3-3 formation... It's pretty ridiculous. Luke Shaw and Ashley Young are literally advancing unmarshalled as if they are wing forwards.
have you tried to set them opposition wingers marking?

great to hear all the impressions. Seems in line with my expectation. Can someone comment on headers? scoring on '19 with a header was extremely hard, are they someone more viable ?
Looking forward to trying the demo, not so much as to create a NZ account, but tomorrow hope someone manages to extend to 10min in PC

There on the right track with this one..Whether it’s butchered to appeal to the ultra responsiveness crowd and those that invariably want faster gameplay remains to be seen.

Shades of fifa19(out of the box pre-patched).So much to like and so reminiscent of how good pes felt to play on the ps2.

Lots to break down and a more detailed summary to follow.

Can we stop with this “King is back” nonsense. We hear/read it every year. PES 2020 demo is still on-rails and stiff plus scoring goals still feels boring as hell.

It’s a decent demo in other areas but it’s dumbed down to hell. It’s nowhere near as fun as PES 3 or 5.

I don’t agree

There on the right track with this one..Whether it’s butchered to appeal to the ultra responsiveness crowd and those that invariably want faster gameplay remains to be seen.

Shades of fifa19(out of the box pre-patched).So much to like and so reminiscent of how good pes felt to play on the ps2.

Lots to break down and a more detailed summary to follow.
I have absolutely no hope that they'll leave the pace & responsiveness as it is sadly (it's perfect IMO). Almost certain they'll butcher it come release.

I don't even know how to interpret feedback about the latest version of PES anymore. The same descriptions, phrases and buzzwords have been used on an annual basis since PES2010.

Its actually more easy this year because of what you say i.e. you now understand the hype carries little weight

Demo 2019 [agenda : encourage preorders] played better than 2019 [agenda : provide a game that will last at least a year]. IMO I don't think the agenda has changed for 2020.

A lot of pes forums have shut down leaving forums like evo-web so there are fewer sources which is good and from what i see evo-web is independent of konami influence as best as it can be.

The feedback you look for will come on release on this forum.

The demo is probably the best of PES 2020 you will experience. Enjoy and take all praise with a pinch of salt and enjoy the demo as much as possible.

[I think you guys are also saying demo is 5 mins, right? That's a let down and I'm tempted to just avoid the demo when it releases tomorrow and just read the feedback here. I'll think about it but the fact that I haven't switched region to get the demo early speaks volumes for me ]

whats up with the color saturation being so high? I felt nauseous after 5min.

You have to adjust your tv settings. Also make sure you don’t touch the brightness and contrast in game and just make it default 50/50. This year it’s far more sensitive in terms of color.

I thought twice about posting this, I know I'll be called a hater. But those who know me know I'm not.

I really, really don't like it, now that I've had more time with it.

Every 3rd or 4th pass/shot is a deflection, or a rebound. Because the pressing is insane. I've not had a miskick yet that's felt like it was because of the context - I've tried to hit first-time shots with perfect positioning and they've skewed wide simply because I've pressed the shoot button early.

Fouls are given for absolutely nothing. Penalties are given for perfect slide tackles (as we saw in one of the Man United v Legends gameplay videos). Players have started falling over for no reason. Rebound goals seem big again.

So much just feels... Broken.

I think you should have definitely waited more. You are complaining about things that have been in football games since forever, there's nothing broken here. And you are playing online where most of the experience can be different from online because of lag and opponent skills with the game.

Also, what did you expect when you play with passing assistance? Boca is not a low rated team, it has lots of players with good passing stats, of course it's going to have a high passing percent.

According to this site

https://it.whoscored.com/Teams/889/Show/Argentina-Boca-Juniors

Boca has 82.5% passing accuracy in 11 matches and that's close to the 88% passing accuracy you have shown, at the beginning of the match, and that is definitely going to be lower by the end of it.

My advice is just stop forcing yourself playing a game you think it's so broken. At the point where you are you see issues even when they really aren't.

I was the same last year after the demo, i can understand that.

Last edited:
reading feedback in various places and general opinion is very good, thumbs up.

Will try it out on pc first tomorrow, see if there is a config file i can edit to adjust match duration

Cut that entitled crap, please. Everyone's opinion is welcome here, whether it suits yours or not.

I think you should have definitely waited more. You are complaining about things that have been in football games since forever, there's nothing broken here.
So I'm complaining about things that have been there forever (broken things), and there's nothing broken? It's one or the other.

Sorry, whether you think I'm expecting too much or not (which is a valid point), it's broken - players hitting invisible brick walls to stop you getting possession. That's broken.

And you are playing online where most of the experience can be different from online because of lag and opponent skills with the game.
The only reason I posted this was because it's my experience in all matches I've played so far. I've seen the same behaviour when playing the AI.

Also, what did you expect when you play with passing assistance?
For some passes, not all and not none, to go astray. Every pass is perfect. Every pass is absolutely nailed. There is still no error on PA1. I was promised that.

Boca has 82.5% passing accuracy in 11 matches and that's close to the 88% passing accuracy you have shown, at the beginning of the match, and that is definitely going to be lower by the end of it.
I get that. But I can repeat this video with a poorer team and get the same result... Because I have. And I wouldn't have put this video together if I hadn't. But... You'd say all the same things if I put together another video. So why bother. I just wanted to voice my opinion.

In which case why didnt they add the 2nd division of Spain into this edit mode? :( sucks that its not there so it'll be missing from the Day 1 Option Files, oh well
Not sure although this should be seen as a good thing. Editors now have weeks to refine each kit, all they need to do on day one is go in and input it all. You can import any kit you want at this stage to test it and note down the settings for each team's kits (base colour etc). This should speed up file releases by a lot.

EDIT import limits:

Strip (L): 307
Strip (S): 1202
Team Emblems: 3047
Sponsor logo: 4196

Doesn't appear to have changed which is a shame.

So I'm complaining about things that have been there forever (broken things), and there's nothing broken? It's one or the other.

Sorry, whether you think I'm expecting too much or not (which is a valid point), it's broken - players hitting invisible brick walls to stop you getting possession. That's broken.

The only reason I posted this was because it's my experience in all matches I've played so far. I've seen the AI exhibiting the same behaviour.

For some passes, not all and not none, to go astray. Every pass is perfect. Every pass is absolutely nailed. There is still no error on PA1. I was promised that.

I get that. But I can repeat this video with a poorer team and get the same result... Because I have. And I wouldn't have put this video together if I hadn't. But... You'd say the same thing if I did.

With this attitude if you want you can demolish every single football game ever released. Even Pes 5, Pes 6, Fifa 16, Fifa 18, Fifa 19.
Every football game released has tons of these little issues that aren't really gamebreaking, just bit annoying. If you are at a point where when you play a game you can't appreciate anything good about it and think it's literally broken, it's better to take a break.

Now, Pes 2019 AI, that was gamebreaking, but it seems this demo AI has nothing gamebreaking as that.

great to hear all the impressions. Seems in line with my expectation. Can someone comment on headers? scoring on '19 with a header was extremely hard, are they someone more viable ?
Looking forward to trying the demo, not so much as to create a NZ account, but tomorrow hope someone manages to extend to 10min in PC

I have scored plenty of headers today, No issues at all with them. Crossing is great as well. So much variety especially with the early cross with loads of different animations.

I played around with the settings now it looks good. But I guess the ps4 graphics aren't as good as the ps4 pro for PES. Should I upgrade? I feel like it’s too late when the ps5 is coming soon.

I forgot all about OG consoles, Yeah if your planning on getting the PS5 then i wouldnt upgrade to the Pro just for PES unless your loaded and it wont make a dent in your finances :)

have you tried to set them opposition wingers marking?
Its not that I want to force them to stay back, its more the space is just there so its stupid not to use it. On the plus side I haven't seen acres of space in the middle of the pitch, but I wonder if the AI are more interested in covering the middle than the wings.

With this attitude if you want you can demolish every single football game ever released. Even Pes 5, Pes 6, Fifa 16.
Every football game released has tons of these issues that aren't really gamebreaking.
Right. My point is, these issues are to me. Hence wasting an hour making a video about them.

Did you even see the goal scored off the back of the keeper's head, who just stops watching the ball for no reason?

In all the matches I've played so far, I've seen issues like these. They are, to me - not to everyone - completely off-putting and not fun.

I just wanted to put something together tonight to demonstrate those reasons, because I'd always rather have a video of my points than just say "this thing happens".

If I recorded 50 games and put together a video, someone would still say "what are you moaning about, none of it's THAT BAD" - so why do it. I just wanted to make one quick video, to voice my opinion.

I've done that now. (I will keep trying it, because I've actually been enjoying 2019 a little bit over the last few weeks, but this feels buggy in loads of places - from players falling over, to fouls being utterly, utterly terrible.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom