eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
..here is another youtube share..barca killed me...but i did make it easy for them..but nice long shots n attacking agression from ai players...definitely improvement over 19..
That first ten seconds or so perfectly showcases my big issue with the AI.

They just smash long-balls forward - even Messi doesn't dribble there (I saw more dribbling with the worse teams), he's looking for the quickest route forward.

I'd love to think that's because they're five minute matches but the fact is, altering match length in the modern games does not change the AI's play.

"Be nice or get blocked."
I mean, are you saying this isn't how it should work? Come on.

Managed a couple of games before I had to come back (late) from my lunch hour.
Pretty much sums up the similar issues with 2019 that break immersion for me. I don't doubt the game looks good but i need more than that to enjoy the game offline.

Just the things like jerky ninja dribbling from the AI that looks far from natural or practical, Guaranteed AI goals and anti-climatic fouls sound like the usual chronic issues PES has had this gen have returned. I can only hope this is still an early build issue.

Still, The opportunity to try it myself is there when i get home tonight. I'm looking forward to trying it on Manual and Regular/Professional and also getting sodomised online in the demo though.

Played one game on superstar Man Utd vs Juventus

- Game is super slow and has a nice feel, camera angle is cool but will take some getting used to.
- PA1 is probably closer to where it should be, i attempted some passes that were arrogant or not really on and got punished for it
- Holding down x in defence gives away free kicks just like it should if you aren't using it wisely
- The AI didn't seem challenging on the ball, they didn't do much with it, no attacks but they did score in the 85th minute from nothing so i'm guessing they still score when they want to score
- 5 mins is a crap match length and impossible to recreate anything like a real game

Am at work so cant judge the demo but my son has downloaded it and thinks its really good. And this is from a player who only plays FIFA offline on adjusted slider settings and on slow speed.

Another example of the kinds of things being given as fouls...

Sorry to repeat myself but this stuff makes 2019 frustrating and still does here. We want more fouls, but this isn't how you implement that.

Sorry to repeat myself but this stuff makes 2019 frustrating and still does here. We want more fouls, but this isn't how you implement that.

ehh.... i need to see more, but I would rather take fouls being given for physicality as if it's some 'soft southern ponces' playing Bury away than absolutely none at all.... i know it shouldn't come down to crap implementation vs slightly less crap implementation. but i'd rather than than no fouls.

when i watch football in real life i'm furious at fouls given when i feel they shouldn't be but hardly the other way round

I see there's no sign of the word PES in those transitional cutscreens :THINK:

..not many fouls against me. Thats my biggest gripe atm...besides the stinky old replays...but fk i love the pace...slower speed..but u can put more zing on passing..n love the long R2 balls u can do..as u can see ive done in this clip..
P.s. how do i do the r2 face the goal move...its gone!!! Or????

Some new fonts in edit mode. Cant important .red files from previous years. Also team has back drop edit for press conference. Player kit texture not great. No 2nd kit for keepers. At moment on edit mode can't select home stadium. Banners are the same.

Again only can edit English 2 div Spanish la Liga. Asian euro and America fake league so nothing for Africa again.

Attachments

• IMG_20190729_145606.jpg
    IMG_20190729_145606.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Appreciate the videos!!
But what did you do with your keeper mate?! :D
I like the AI showing more variety!

Yep.. more ai variety.. fk i wished the gametime was atleast 10mins...i played 20min games on 19...so it seems super short for a guy wanting to pass it around.

Yeah..i fked up with keeper...corner and messis fk...looked cool though haha

..not many fouls against me. Thats my biggest gripe atm...besides the stinky old replays...but fk i love the pace...slower speed..but u can put more zing on passing..n love the long R2 balls u can do..as u can see ive done in this clip..
P.s. how do i do the r2 face the goal move...its gone!!! Or????
Nice videos. How's the R2 manual shot aiming?
Does the ball go closer to where you point your stick?

Quick summary after 3 games.

Pros:
Game pace is lovely
Right stick dribbling feels really nice
Physicality much improved
Animations nowhere near as clunky as some of the videos suggested.

Cons:
Sound is terrible, can't hear the ball being struck at all and crowd sound is crap as per usual.
Graphically poor in-game, not what I was expecting but could be a demo thing. Don't like the lighting at all.
Colours are way off, especially reds. Bayern Munich kit is almost luminous
Haven't seen anything exciting from the A.i yet but early days.
Feels very rough around the edges but again could be a demo thing. Needs more polish that's for sure.

Rubbish ones it has old big block style like Umbro 90s old Nike style from world cup 2002 and old real Madrid angle font old 23 style of Beckham
I saw one on Twitter that looked fairly good. I'm only an hour or so away from getting stuck in myself.
Nike 2002 font was great though.

Cons:
Sound is terrible, can't hear the ball being struck at all and crowd sound is crap as per usual.

Do what i do..in audio system settings, i put all sounds to 3 except for pitch sounds which is all way up to 15. Crowd sound to about 5 or 6...but rest down to 3...makes ball sound so much better. Btw ball sound has improved this year..sounds more realistic..as does the whistle sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom