eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still 5 minutes limited...
EApIEV5WwAAmfZ9.jpg
Same for online games ?

Buckle up peeps,the promised land or another false dawn..

Revolution or small
Second impression and match.

Tried with Colo Colo against Boca. Two aggressive teams in real life:

Fouls:
Com: 2
Me: 4

Result. 1-0 with me as winner.

Promising(fouls)..Still hanging for the Xbox demo on the NZ store..Can’t be bothered with setting up a NZ account on my PS..

Not looking for a revolution,just fouls and some depth to the cpu AI.Arresting gameplay would be nice.

Maybe I didn't read the news when it was released but I'm disappointed that the edit mode is limited to aesthetic changes. I was hoping to change some tactics, create some players.

First initial difference (i started i my pes2019 default view of 5.3.10) was improvement of ball physics and pace of game...wow..feels so good. Great u can change stadium view presets (zoom height n angle) in demo. Havent used it yet though. Allianz Munich's stadium looks amazing during day..lovely grass. Replays are crap again..same crappy angles as last few years.
Played superstar vs Juve (i was man United) first game..too short being 5 mins..but ai is more natural for sure..ronaldo does a few tricks n took me on a few times..but as someone mentioned u can haggle pretty easily but...in my surprise. .rather than getting ball of him..hed pass it off when in trouble or almost disposed.. looks good n realistic. Need to play vs barca to see how messi plays. Oh n i did get dyabla to have a long long range shot vs me...about 30yrds out..not just the regular just outside the box like in 19...im liking it so far...

..also really liking the saturated color palate this year..some wont..but i really dig it... mind u i play 60 contrast n 20 brightness... but again it entirely depends on your screen settings.

Third and last game for now.

Flamengo against Palmeiras.

AI is better in this demo. Palmeiras was trying a long ball approach. Boca was playing direct through the middle. Juventus most from the flanks.

TP is too easy for me already. Need to try Superstar, but at the moment I think the AI is too easy to stop when attacking.

Also.. I think the less good players are too good on the ball.

Not a wow feeling, but actually not a bad one either. I kinda like the new camera and also the speed of the games. I did get some fouls also. Not a lot. But for a 5 min match it was okay. Actually Gabrigol got slaughtered by G. Gomez ind a one by one situation in the dying minutes of my last game in a counter attack.

It's not out yet, but neither a "buying the full game" immediately.

1st impressions:

Absolutely love the new camera, edited it to minimal zoom, max height and 0 angle, really close to my edited dynamic camera on PC. The mini zooms it does is a little bit annoying, but at least we finally have something between dynamic and fan view distance on PS4!
Played Juventus vs Arsenal, lost 0:1 on Superstar. Had 67% possession, which is a bit much imo. Arsenal was really passive. They literally had one counter attack and scored it. But fair play, maybe that's their style. Game flows really well, very responsive in comparison to 19. Other than that not much changed.

Is it me being blind but did they remove the setting to remove next player cursor? If I turn player cursor off, the next player cursor remains. Hate the next player cursor.

Managed a couple of games before I had to come back (late) from my lunch hour. Both as Palmerias against Corinthians.

They've clearly spent a lot of time on presentation this year. I do actually like the new menus, and the different camera angles when you enter the pitch are really good. The crowd bouncing up and down at the Allianz Arena... That looks incredible. I mean, unbelievable. (Right up until you see the generic faces of the players, which are hilarious.)

The lighting is just brilliant. It adds so much to the photo-realism. Also, when the away team scores, the away fans cheer! So we don't have to worry about that.

But the stadium camera (although it's great) hides a lot of evils, IMO.

When I switched to a standard sideline camera, you see how straight-forwards AI passes are (no build-up), and how the dribbling movements from the AI (yes, even the poorer teams dribble) are zig-zags on tramlines, including 180-degree turns because they shot off in the wrong direction for no reason, which looks really bad (and feels bad to defend against).

They run like fat kids on LSD hallucinating and seeing chocolate bars everywhere.

The most interesting thing to me was that defending is no longer "hold X and you win the ball in every situation where you're 1-on-1". Defending seems much more difficult. Which I like a lot.

First touch error etc... When I've seen a bad trap, or a bad first touch, it's felt weird.

A) The way the player is still "locked on" to the ball and you can't wrestle him out of the animation to regain possession, and B) I've not felt that it was contextual - more just "ERROR TIME!"

AI passes still seem perfect, on Top Player and on Superstar - although Top Player seems much easier than 2019 so far (the AI scored every shot on target they had - UH OH!! - but their build up was just, smash the ball forward, no build up play - UH OH!!! - and I ended up regaining possession when they'd try to dribble way too much).

Need more time to assess how games move tactically, and if the difficulty levels provide a challenge when I change from playing against an "equal" star team to a "giant" star team.

EDIT: Oh, also. Very few fouls and they're not really fouls anyway.

The AI fouled me in the first five minutes, but it was one of those "they ran into me and a foul was given which wasn't really a foul" fouls. That was the only one.

I conceded a penalty to one of these non-fouls minutes after that.

When I was trying to save it, the goalkeeper dived just as the ball was hit (if not before), and ... was still floating as the ball hit the back of the net.

Last edited:
Half an hour lunch break left and 4 more hours of work ahead!! Wish I was at home right now. :)

With all the people giving feedback and some others including @SpoonyPizzas doing live streams, what do I present later that night?! Everything will be known by then.
Maybe some manual impressions are left! :)

I have a PS4 but I'm not bothering to create a New Zealand account just to play the demo with 5 minute matches a day early.

First impressions - on superstar.

Much slower in a good way. Please do not change it
Shooting - ive skewed a few with poor body positioning, feels better but still lacking variation
AI - a bit more varied, less ping pong but still a bit easy to defend
passing - feels good like shooting i've skewed a few, harder to play ping pong passing

..im getting long rangers...i mean long long rangers..wow..coutinho did 2 i one game...if given space the good shooters will shoot..ill upload a clip:

..also noticed the ref has more whistle sounds..an agressive 3 blower haha when u do a bad foul..like that.

And i have to say..to those complainig bout grass/turf texture..its gorgeous. .played a day game in Allianz Brazilian stadium..absolutely beautiful. .its better than pes19..deeper colours..

Yep..played more...ai from barca players definitely take u on more..n do cool trick moves to beat n open up passing lanes..

Bit sporadic i know..as im writing this as im playing and in between doing youtube clips...but big difference in feeling n operation of full manual passing. .seems passes are now more weight sensitive. .ie. many overhit passes...not just misdirection.. can really pass fast low passes..not in a bad ping pong way..but in a realistic way..n seems more player sensitive. .ie good ballplayers easier to pass with than with a bad ballplayer.. easier to fk up passing..i like that.

..here is another youtube share..barca killed me...but i did make it easy for them..but nice long shots n attacking agression from ai players...definitely improvement over 19..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom