eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 for me.. quite evident that konami are building on previous version (which i happened to like)..nothing drastic..but enough changes and vision/proof itll be the best footy game ever made to date :)
A 10 would be for the upcoming new next gen version, eg. ps5's Pes2021..

Yep i still have my NZ account n will be doing the good old continual refresh 12am NZ time.. only 2 or 3 hours ahead of Australian time..but history suggests its on NZ account first..always same since pes2015. Pes14 had that miraculous leaked unannounced version on HK account hahah still have this version on my ps3..its truelly gold...poor reaponse...but kinda realistic..and smoother/longer animations than later released demo n various vers of pes14.

6/10

my biggest fear in terms of gameplay videos is that there will be again no joy for scoring goals... that was the magic for Pro evo years ago...

the keeper looks like the last few years, they know where the ball will end and thats for me a gamebreaker :(
same with variaty of shooting, same issues like 19 for me, just judging of the gameplay vids

Konami musst tweak the keepers in logic when and how to dive... than that game could be awesome

Why is it so hard for KONAMI to not remove previously present good features? I'll never understand.
Some member here had accurately analysed the removal of some great features over the last few years. (If someone can find it again for me it'd be nice - i tried, but failed :CONF:)

Last edited:
8/10 because I hope that coop online is present and this time we can play against real teams and not myclub ones (better than final game in this case).

Without coop online I would give 5/10 because 5min games against AI is painful. Would be higher if I planed to pre order the game, because my favorite mode and most played in the last years is present (edit mode).

Excitement level is around 4/10 for me.

There are a couple of nice things there to judge by the videoes, like:
- (slightly) more physicality
- body positioning and context having more impact on shots and passes although seemingly not much for passes
- new dribbling system (could be a boy or a girl)
- the thing where you can fake a shot and instantly turn it into a pass or through ball
- new camera angles

But still, some of the worst issues with gameplay looks to be the same:
- bad/boring AI attackinging/build up
- stats not mattering enough, especially for passes
- player positioning being way off leaving huge spaces around the pitch*
- poor keeper animations

* I've been thinking lately that positioning is especially bad when the counter attacking team plays 4-3-3 and the 3 players up front all stay by the middle line (is it called that in English?) no matter what. And you can't even stop the CPU doing this in any sensible way, as a 4-5-1 introduce the issue with wingers retreeting instantly from attack when their team loose the ball.

Like @rockstrongo I'm slightly more hyped for the full game as my Lyngby BK maneged promotion to the Danish Superliga this year, and I expect Konami to still have that league (otherwise I'll go mental).
Gotta give a shout out to Rock here while I'm at it: great to hear you on the podcast with your lovely Swedish accent. I agreed with a lot of what you said and I really liked your story of how you discovered PES by playing it with some kid in a kindergarden or was it a youth club?
It reminded me of playing PES with my younger brothers when I was in my twenties:EASY:

Excitement level is around 4/10 for me.

There are a couple of nice things there to judge by the videoes, like:
- (slightly) more physicality
- body positioning and context having more impact on shots and passes although seemingly not much for passes
- new dribbling system (could be a boy or a girl)
- the thing where you can fake a shot and instantly turn it into a pass or through ball
- new camera angles

But still, some of the worst issues with gameplay looks to be the same:
- bad/boring AI attackinging/build up
- stats not mattering enough, especially for passes
- player positioning being way off leaving huge spaces around the pitch*
- poor keeper animations

* I've been thinking lately that positioning is especially bad when the counter attacking team plays 4-3-3 and the 3 players up front all stay by the middle line (is it called that in English?) no matter what. And you can't even stop the CPU doing this in any sensible way, as a 4-5-1 introduce the issue with wingers retreeting instantly from attack when their team loose the ball.

Like @rockstrongo I'm slightly more hyped for the full game as my Lyngby BK maneged promotion to the Danish Superliga this year, and I expect Konami to still have that league (otherwise I'll go mental).
Gotta give a shout out to Rock here while I'm at it: great to hear you on the podcast with your lovely Swedish accent. I agreed with a lot of what you said and I really liked your story of how you discovered PES by playing it with some kid in a kindergarden or was it a youth club?
It reminded me of playing PES with my younger brothers when I was in my twenties:EASY:
Mange takk pal.
We discussed Lyngby last year as well if I remember right?
Finally The Danish league licensed,then your team gets relegated!
Heartbreaking pal.

Didn't play the 19 demo at all,hardly played Pes 18 demo either,will try this one though,if not being deep into some ML ,can't really juggle Two things at the same time.
Fingers crossed pal

what im gonna do is wait until november because on the ps store ive noticed all new games get 20 quid knocked off the price after 2/3 months after theyre released, also by that stage we will have a fully updated optionfile (not those shitty ones on release that do one league and say theyre completed and youre waiting another 2 months for dribs and drabs) hopefully by then too konami will have fixed all the day one bugs and the transfers might be updated

@rockstrongo Yeah I did rant a bit about it last year - just a bit!

But this years promotion was absolutely beautiful. Struggled through the first half of the season reaching relegation places. Then an absolutely amazing second half where none of the top teams had really good runs, so on the last match day we still had a chance and within the final 10 min. of that we came back from 0-1 to make it 2-1, and at the same time, the main contestant failed to win their match (we only held the play off deciding 3rd place for those 10 mins throughout the entire season!). And in the play offs we faced the team that relegated us the year before, and we had our revenge:BSCARF:

If you like the demo I'll give you a heads up if a danish store has the full game at a bargain again!

@rockstrongo Yeah I did rant a bit about it last year - just a bit!

But this years promotion was absolutely beautiful. Struggled through the first half of the season reaching relegation places. Then an absolutely amazing second half where none of the top teams had really good runs, so on the last match day we still had a chance and within the final 10 min. of that we came back from 0-1 to make it 2-1, and at the same time, the main contestant failed to win their match (we only held the play off deciding 3rd place for those 10 mins throughout the entire season!). And in the play offs we faced the team that relegated us the year before, and we had our revenge:BSCARF:

If you like the demo I'll give you a heads up if a danish store has the full game at a bargain again!
That'll be great pal,I'm only 20 mins away across the bridge to Fields.
First year I'm getting in to the demo early.
Misspoke btw,I did play the Pes 18 demo quite a lot now that I think about it.
Remember it felt completely different from 17

Just a question to assess the general enthusiasm for the upcoming demo. On the scale of 1-10. How excited is EVOWEB for the demo ?
3/10. It’s the least excited I’ve ever been for a PES demo. Because I know the full release will have really bad presentation and yet again be a weak package. But most importantly scoring goals still looks soulless from footage I’ve watched and PES was always about going crazy after fighting the CPU and getting that equaliser, or going 2-0 up in the 89th minute knowing you’ve won the game. When I score in PES 15, 16 etc I feel...nothing.

I want the bells and whistles added for my money now. Playing exhibition matches isn’t enough because ML will probably be dodgy.

Really hope I’m wrong but I can’t see it.

Good videos! Tbh I don't think we can see those things in Fifa, not even close..some animations and moments are really beautiful..stay positive! :)
Yep, in many respects - less (if done right) is more. Fundementals are key.. which draws me towards PES.

This game (from 2018 onward) needs 144hz display to appreciate the animations. Luckily fox engine was updated in 2018 to allow unrestricted fps, but it needs a good PC to push these frames.

No serie A license at the press conference in Brazil, watching it live on Instagram, maybe everyone just got confused as the Brazilian serie A and serie B are now licensed

Last edited:
No serie A license at the press conference in Brazil, watching it live on Instagram, maybe everyone just got confused as the Brazilian serie A and serie B are now licensed
No.

SERIE A LICENCE PRETTY MUCH CONFIRMED

This is a screenshot from their player face video. Check out the patch on the sleeve:

Screenshot-20190717-195432-Facebook.jpg

This is the new Serie A logo:

dvsdsdf-01.jpg

I think we can pretty much confirm this now.

It's in.

They're not going to announce the Italian league being licensed at a press conference in Brazil, are they?

Guys, don't forget about Gamescom, we're still a month away from it. Maybe they'll announce new league licenses until then (one per week?) and the Euro DLC at Gamescom.

Guys, don't forget about Gamescom, we're still a month away from it. Maybe they'll announce new league licenses until then (one per week?) and the Euro DLC at Gamescom.
True. With the demo coming out so early, it's like we're still thinking that the game comes out early after the demo. Forgot about Gamescom entirely :P:P

What I would like for the ML is them removing the secondary positions. I would have a general position for a each player and then the stats of a player would determine their ability to play in a secondary position.

What I would like for the ML is them removing the secondary positions. I would have a general position for a each player and then the stats of a player would determine their ability to play in a secondary position.
Isn't that already in?
Or am I misunderstanding you?
My CF is 80 ovr,if I put him as a SS he's just a 75 ovr for a instance!
And playing players out of position for a long period of time makes them better in that new position.
I think it's a good system.
Maybe I misunderstood?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom