eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that already in?
Or am I misunderstanding you?
My CF is 80 ovr,if I put him as a SS he's just a 75 ovr for a instance!
And playing players out of position for a long period of time makes them better in that new position.
I think it's a good system.
Maybe I misunderstood?
yep, i like that too. like irl, you can get better playing certain positions for a while!

yep, i like that too. like irl, you can get better playing certain positions for a while!
I think it's really good,wish that TS would be better implemented,a few bad games and it goes down,star player sold,down!
And have the same for the CPU,remember Pes 16 where you could see CPUs TS?
Get that back

Isn't that already in?
Or am I misunderstanding you?
My CF is 80 ovr,if I put him as a SS he's just a 75 ovr for a instance!
And playing players out of position for a long period of time makes them better in that new position.
I think it's a good system.
Maybe I misunderstood?
There is a misconception regarding the player positions affecting the stats. There was a video explaining this, but I can't find it at the moment, so I'll briefly summarise:

The overall is calculated in a position-based manner, and it does NOT affect the stats, as long as the player plays in one of his primary preferred positions. If you play them in one of the secondary preferred positions though, then their stats will decrease a little. Accordingly, playing them out of position will have a bigger effect on stats.

Let's take Mbappé as an example: https://www.pesmaster.com/k-mbappe/pes-2019/player/110718/

If you play him as a RWF, CF, LWF, RMF, or LMF, his overall will vary because it takes different stats into account when calculating it for each position. But the stats will not change - so even though you may see 87 overall as a RWF and 85 as a CF, it doesn't make a single difference to his stats. Playing him as a SS, AMF, or CMF will cause his overall AND his stats to slightly drop. Stick him at DMF, and his overall and stats take a bigger hit.

I'll post the video if I find it, it explains exactly how the overall for each position gets calculated as well.

There is a misconception regarding the player positions affecting the stats. There was a video explaining this, but I can't find it at the moment, so I'll briefly summarise:

The overall is calculated in a position-based manner, and it does NOT affect the stats, as long as the player plays in one of his primary preferred positions. If you play them in one of the secondary preferred positions though, then their stats will decrease a little. Accordingly, playing them out of position will have a bigger effect on stats.

Let's take Mbappé as an example: https://www.pesmaster.com/k-mbappe/pes-2019/player/110718/

If you play him as a RWF, CF, LWF, RMF, or LMF, his overall will vary because it takes different stats into account when calculating it for each position. But the stats will not change - so even though you may see 87 overall as a RWF and 85 as a CF, it doesn't make a single difference to his stats. Playing him as a SS, AMF, or CMF will cause his overall AND his stats to slightly drop. Stick him at DMF, and his overall and stats take a bigger hit.

I'll post the video if I find it, it explains exactly how the overall for each position gets calculated as well.
I get what you mean pal.
Yeah it should have a REAL effect when switching position,I'd love me to see players being out of position when forced to play as a CMF when they're actually wingers or strikers.
Think it's tough coding that though.
They couldn't even get a decent attacking ai last year;)

About presentation: they changed the menu a bit before kick off, no more icons. Plus, there were rumours at E3 they would change the presentation before the match itself, but haven't seen those in the gameplay videos, it"s still the same as 2019

I think it's really good,wish that TS would be better implemented,a few bad games and it goes down,star player sold,down!
And have the same for the CPU,remember Pes 16 where you could see CPUs TS?
Get that back
yep, i do agree again!
as someone said before, the form arrows dont make sense a lot of times and TS should be better (noticable and "kinda" real) implemented.
in the end we have so many "special systems" on top of each other... its crazy! gimme a bare stats based game and different team play styles and i'm good! traits or TS could be the cherry on top! the base needs to be right first though.

another thing: have we always been able to sprint with the ball at the sideline and keep the ball inside but keep sprinting outside the pitch!? i saw that and it looked to nice. not as extreme like one player did in the past (and i cant remeber who right now/it was on the left pitch side rounding the defender by leaving the pitch and returning)... but it looked nice!!

Last edited:
Serie A and B won’t be licensed in my opinion.
They've literally released imagery of the Juve kits with the Serie A logo on. It's in.

Serie B is a different matter but there's a good chance going off other signs before Bayern/Juve. The official Twitter page started following Adam and they've been teasing a video game announcement.

I'm amongst the most pessimistic when it comes to PES but there's incredibly strong evidence of one and some good signs for the other. This isn't a Lygaard's Shoe incident.

yep, i do agree again!
as someone said before, the form arrows dont make sense a lot of times and TS should be better (noticable and "kinda" real) implemented.
in the end we have so many "special systems" on top of each other... its crazy! gimme bare stats based game and different team play styles and i'm good! traits or TS could be the cherry on top! the base needs to be right first though.
And then (for 20) you have that new system, protégé?
Sounds like TS to me

And then (for 20) you have that new system, protégé?
Sounds like TS to me
i think you mean "inspire"!
if its that... yeah... its another layer of "special", imo! if it works, fine. my guts tell me its a minor thing and it is making everything that calculates an situational outcome even more complex!! an unnecessary addition at this stage if you ask me. there is more important stuff, imo.

talking to @Chris Davies and listening to the 2 available podcasts opened up my mind a little. i never thought to much about resources and stuff... chris did a good job of putting that in perspective! and i thought about it for myself a lot.
see, thats one good thing the podcast already did to me! :TU:

Last edited:
@PRO_TOO Inspire it is,protégé is the one in 2k.
Im a bit sceptical,the more "special" or layers of different thing,the bigger the chance it cancels other stuff out or get the CPU OP

Have I missed something though with regards to ML? I haven't seen any real changes besides cutscenes. I know they brought back D2, but that's just re-adding a database to the main league.

What I mean is, I hear nothing about training, scouts, academy, regens, budgets, ... All those things were there 10 years ago and made of ML the most popular game mode in footie games. So it should be simple to re-add all those too.

To me, it's a business decision, unless I missed something in the last few days that I was away?

@PRO_TOO Inspire it is,protégé is the one in 2k.
Im a bit sceptical,the more "special" or layers of different thing,the bigger the chance it cancels other stuff out or get the CPU OP
That is what i tried to say a couple of times!! Yes!!

thanks Gerd. i'll consume it during lunch break! :)
edit: in that clip, when matthäus is standing in the entrance tunnel, he clearly had a smoke! that eyes!!! :D

regarding that "looking forward to the demo" score: i'll give it an 8/10! thats the score my inner child is giving! that guy (who comes out from time to time) seems to never get old... ;)
same time i pray for a better AI! not actually praying for that but hoping very bad!!!

Last edited:
He's a Russian legend, to be fair.
Agreed i remember one time at Anfield against arsenal, he absolutley bossed the game, And if i remember rightly scored 3 or 4 himself, i think we lost about 5-1 its a bit sketchy now, but on his day he was class.

Unfortunately this video took all of 1 minute to completely disqualify itself.

Saying every PES since 2016 has improved significantly is one of the worst statements that one can make concerning PES.

The way the guy goes about commenting the game also feels like watching a video sponsored by Konami.

Awful content.

It's actually worse; he says that each new PES since PES 2016 has been the best PES ever!

Disqualifying statement nr. 2:
"When I get a new PES or FIFA the first thing I always do, is pause the game, go into the replay and check the likenesses (of players compared to real life) out. For ages i obsess over them..."

Maybe that's why the "free" replay angle is locked to ground hight, so you're forced to look at faces:BLEH:

I usually like this guys videos though, even if somewhat casual and light hearted.

Agreed i remember one time at Anfield against arsenal, he absolutley bossed the game, And if i remember rightly scored 3 or 4 himself, i think we lost about 5-1 its a bit sketchy now, but on his day he was class.
He got 4 in a 4-4 draw. He was a fantastic player on his day.

The fact that OfficialPES won't even answer a simple question regarding the match length of an exhibition match in the demo makes me feel like the Ai is going to be nothing more than a slight improvement over PES2019 at best.

Judging by the playstation access video, the AI puts no pressure if you keep passing among you defenders. This brings to the age old question, will the AI press the player goalie if they keep hold of the ball ? I doubt it. Regardless of the difficulty, if you keep the ball in the backline for extended period of time, the Ai should put pressure on you.

The fact that OfficialPES won't even answer a simple question regarding the match length of an exhibition match in the demo makes me feel like the Ai is going to be nothing more than a slight improvement over PES2019 at best.
otyzd7V-_sCDcRSwCM-iDVY6JlYmBEAK92IXKbsDZfb3PTKjoUWzU-qdWMddk0IOwv-6XGiFbVhqKzn6_5Js5196EIFuvTtcJ5ihuvRj_qRxL5--FsLW=w480-h270-nc

I cannot see how these things are related

Every single year PlayStation Access rave about PES. Take anything they say regarding PES with a massive pinch of salt.
To be fair, he was talking about the hectic player movement and deflections/clipping as well. In the end he did void (?!) these comments by talking how much he likes the passing (wich we all know needs addressing)!

Anyway. I like this guy and his enthusiasm, wich is a similarity to me I guess. :) but yeah, take it with a grain of salt as these guys are not looking into the details like we do.

Saying every PES since 2016 has improved significantly is one of the worst statements that one can make concerning PES.

The way the guy goes about commenting the game also feels like watching a video sponsored by Konami.

Awful content.

I think it's fair to say that from PES15 -> 16 - > 17 there was clear progression and improvement but 2018 went backwards and 2019... well, as an offline only player, that's facedown drowned in a shallow puddle.

I've only watched the first few minute of this video but it reminded me of this video:

They're both good at hyping the game with their videos and use of words.

Just a question to assess the general enthusiasm for the upcoming demo. On the scale of 1-10. How excited is EVOWEB for the demo ?
7/10

Last year, a month before the Pes2019 demo, I can't play Pes2018 anymore because it's hard to play Pes18 after seeing Pes2019's early videos. I don't play other video games aside from PES, but I have to buy PUBG last year while waiting for the Pes19 demo to arrive. I also remembered I bought a CSGO in 2015 that only has an hour of playtime, I also played that last year while waiting for the demo.

This year, there's no feeling of that at all. A few days ago, I still played Pes19. There's no feeling that Pes2020 has significant improvements over Pes2019(not that there hasn't) that's making me not want to play pes2019 anymore.

My excitement is still 7 though, it's still PES with improvements(minor or not) so I'm sure I'm still going to enjoy it.

Last edited:
I'm hoping to. Does anyone know what time it's likely to drop on the NZ store Monday?
According to a YouTube channel (Camaldinho), these are the respective regional times the demo drops in NZ.
Screenshot_20190725-132215__01.jpg

Awful content.
Haha knew it wouldn't take long for people to dismiss his entire set of views on the basis of that first expressed preference.

You have to realise that people play this game in a variety of ways, and things like intelligent defensive positioning and what they do with regens may not be up their priority list. For some players, the offline on-the-ball feeling is probably sufficient for them to think: you know what, this is great.

And that's okay. It's also possible to prioritize in that way and yet still care about other things, without seeming a total casual. E.g., his preferences re clipping or passes going to unintended players (even though he doesn't state it in terms of pass assistance, that latter concern is a pass assistance issue).

Regardless, anyway, I think it's a staple part of the annual PES build-up that you watch a couple of Access videos with Rob getting giddy about the new PES. It's basically tradition at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom