eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't be serious. You think a new generic face system (which it would appear means all generic faces in the game look less cartoony), is copying PES, where every generic face looks like a 5th-grader's plasticine art project? And didn't every game in the world have a face generating tool like this before PES did? Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect etc...? Please tell me this is sarcasm!
To be fair, FIFA players were asking for manager and player customisation taking PES as reference.

That's funny, FIFA players saying EA SPORTS, IT'S IN 'THEIR' GAME
:DD

I think he's referring to the fact that Konami have previously said leagues were deleted because "there's no room in the database" (Italian and Spanish D2's were deleted last year to "make room" for all the newly licensed leagues). Yet this year, they're back...

Yea, I know that but I meant Konami should work on another database before they buy new licences and remove other leagues then.
But as far as I know, they have created a new database structure to add more leagues, so it's all fine. :)

You can't be serious. You think a new generic face system (which it would appear means all generic faces in the game look less cartoony), is copying PES, where every generic face looks like a 5th-grader's plasticine art project? And didn't every game in the world have a face generating tool like this before PES did? Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect etc...? Please tell me this is sarcasm!

PES has all these edit tools with analog sticks since.. who knows when... PES always was having better edit mode in general, and FIFA has a big history with a copy from PES over the years.

PES has all these edit tools with analog sticks since.. who knows when... PES always was having better edit mode in general, and FIFA has a big history with a copy from PES over the years.
To be fair, FIFA players were asking for manager and player customisation taking PES as reference.
The last bit is a fair point, but to reduce it to "FIFA copies PES" is beyond childish. If PES implemented player interaction (players requesting a transfer because you don't play them often enough) and it worked properly, who would go "OMG COPIED FROM FIFA RIP IT OUT OF THE GAME"... Nobody. It's such a desperate attempt at point-scoring. Who the fuck cares.

Not that long ago, you could take a photo of yourself, upload it to the FIFA "Game Face" website and import yourself into the game. The only reason all this customisation disappeared was Frostbite, which completely wrecked the gameplay advancements they were making.

Frostbite meant pre-rendered models, because (they argued) the tech didn't allow you to make decent-looking generic faces via sliders, they looked poor compared to their pre-made models. Thankfully those days are over now - and my bigger point is, compare the generic face in the FIFA 20 screens to PES's licensed players in the Brazilian teams.

4VbyNWn.jpg

N4448GI.jpg

Say FIFA copied PES if you want, but there's no doubt they've done it better. FIFA's scanned faces might be worse but at least they will look normal next to these generic faces - whereas in PES, put a meticulously detailed Messi next to one of those cartoons and it's going to look like a football version of Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

(There is an on-topic point here, which is...)
PES desperately needs to change their generic face creation system.

I predict it'll happen next year. When they show off the face scans, they're not showing them in-game, they're showing them as they were scanned, in what looks like the Unreal engine. When the game switches engine, they literally (surely) will change it, or it will look even crazier.

A thing I severely dislike in FIFA though is the player movement. It's so bad it feels like an old rusty robot is walking. Never feels natural, not the running, not the jockeying, never.

This is by far the most annoying problem with FIFA. I don't understand why aren't more people complaining about it.. and it looks like it'll be the same in fifa20 :DOH:

The last bit is a fair point, but to reduce it to "FIFA copies PES" is beyond childish. If PES implemented player interaction (players requesting a transfer because you don't play them often enough) and it worked properly, who would go "OMG COPIED FROM FIFA RIP IT OUT OF THE GAME"... Nobody. It's such a desperate attempt at point-scoring. Who the fuck cares.

Not that long ago, you could take a photo of yourself, upload it to the FIFA "Game Face" website and import yourself into the game. The only reason all this customisation disappeared was Frostbite, which completely wrecked the gameplay advancements they were making.

Frostbite meant pre-rendered models, because (they argued) the tech didn't allow you to make decent-looking generic faces via sliders, they looked poor compared to their pre-made models. Thankfully those days are over now - and my bigger point is, compare the generic face in the FIFA 20 screens to PES's licensed players in the Brazilian teams.

4VbyNWn.jpg

N4448GI.jpg

Say FIFA copied PES if you want, but there's no doubt they've done it better. FIFA's scanned faces might be worse but at least they will look normal next to these generic faces - whereas in PES, put a meticulously detailed Messi next to one of those cartoons and it's going to look like a football version of Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

(There is an on-topic point here, which is...)
PES desperately needs to change their generic face creation system.

I predict it'll happen next year. When they show off the face scans, they're not showing them in-game, they're showing them as they were scanned, in what looks like the Unreal engine. When the game switches engine, they literally (surely) will change it, or it will look even crazier.

Wait for Chris :D I don't " cry " about who and what copy, I know ALL THAT what you say!

Anyone knows that FIFA has a HUGE history coping from PES.., tools, mechanics, tactics it's all beginning in 2007 they copy the whole PES mechanic, even David Rutter admitted in one of the interviews that they played so much PES to see why people like it, but I do not care so much.. you don't get me or you get me wrong...
I do not care about what FIFA or PES copy from where and what.. just I was surprised to see that reaction here like.. "WOW look that it's cool and new " well... it's not " Imagine this in PES", really!?. At least for PES fans in PES community site. YES, there are some tits movements, but Konami has similar tools from ages.

Last edited:
These actually show some CPU dribbling and skills. Also showcases some of the newer and nicer animations.
I'm looking at the positives only right now :PP

Those videos looks good, I can't lie. For how they can be just highlights of the best animations and goals etc. they inspire me all the same.

Man I hope so much we'll get something enjoyable this year.

I don’t know how anyone can claim Master League is better than FIFA’s Career Mode in the modern iterations of the games. It’s like comparing a Wetherspoon’s rump steak to a fillet steak from Groucho Grill.

Those videos looks good, I can't lie. For how they can be just highlights of the best animations and goals etc. they inspire me all the same.

And that is just 30 fps, I expect animations to look even better when you play it.

Wait for Chris :D I don't " cry " about who and what copy, I know ALL THAT what you say!

Anyone knows that FIFA has a HUGE history coping from PES.., tools, mechanics, tactics it's all beginning in 2007 they copy the whole PES mechanic, even David Rutter admitted in one of the interviews that they played so much PES to see why people like it, but I do not care so much.. you don't get me or you get me wrong...
I do not care about what FIFA or PES copy from where and what.. just I was surprised to see that reaction here like.. "WOW look that it's cool and new " well... it's not " Imagine this in PES", really!?. At least for PES fans in PES community site. YES, there are some tits movements, but Konami has similar tools from ages.

We do have that in PES, but maybe not that deep.
But in PES you can set a lot of things in the looks, eye brows, nose size and position etc etc etc.
Tbh, I also didn´t get why it´s such a new thing.

Is that still in PES? Last time I edited a player was in PES 2011.
But I remember setting up my manager face for every ML? Is it still that deep as in earlier PES releases?

About J. League: it would be strange if it wasn't in considering how they promoted Iniesta being an ambassador. Would make no sense to only have his younger version in the game as a legend when he's still an active player.

Somewhat excited (goes up and down through) for the demo.
More excited for the full release tbh.
Never been into demos of sports games,pretty watered down Vs a full release.

Just a question to assess the general enthusiasm for the upcoming demo. On a scale of 1-10. How excited is EVOWEB for the demo ?

Last edited:
Just a question to access the general enthusiasm for the upcoming demo. On the scale of 1-10. How excited is EVOWEB for the demo ?
To be completely honest - 5.
Im currently resting from football games and went back to Witcher 3, which sucked me in quite deep. So im not counting days, not even sure if ill try it on day 1.
The way I see it (and I take the point of few people in here):
- if its decent - savage, great stuff. I'll enjoy the graphics, ball physics, new dribbling, "new" ML small touches, Division 2's, new camera on PA0 will also be fun to try...
- if its crap - no biggie, still have 17. Very happy with it and it gives me my football fix.
Few people here said few times - if playing older game makes you happy and new one frustrates you - why bother with a new one?
Think im finally making my peace with it.
Its not worth it. I gave Pes19 way more time than it deserved.

Just a question to access the general enthusiasm for the upcoming demo. On the scale of 1-10. How excited is EVOWEB for the demo ?
Good question. 6 for me. Looks like an improvement to 2019 and the ML refresh is very interesting. But it's obvious gameplay hasn't evolved in the ways I was hoping (and no I've not played it but some things you can see in videos), even if it's still the best choice on the market.

More to the point, I have a horrible feeling that this Master League refresh will have involved features being removed, or made worse somehow (in the same way that away fans are now silent in all the videos we've seen/heard, for no reason).

I still have this feeling that it might become The Journey style - a linear story that never changes. Which would be the most mental thing they've ever done (so it's only a slight concern)...

I was not that hype about the demo, because I bite disappointed about new changes, but looks like that be the biggest PES demo to date. The rumors are inside will have 12-14 stadiums, tons of teams, co-op and single-player online, edit mode... I will do not buy the game (PC) if all that is in, it will be enough to wait for the game to become cheaper because I am collecting money for the PS5.

Have to say, the bits in the video has raised my expectation a bit.

Probably about 5-6. I think it has a lot to do with being a lot older and a lot more contempt with waiting for a new game.

Also, the magic of new football games has waned for me this gen as the direction of gaming has changed, the improvements aren't as groundbreaking each year as they've accomplished as much as they can on current tech.

Also we're spoiled rotten when it comes to the amount of footage and media pre-release and pre demo these days compared to the past you feel like you won't be seeing much new until actually playing it and playing it the way you want to.

Does anyone know how likely it is for the Copa Libertadores be in Fifa 20? Really hope those rumours aren't true, a game like Fifa 20 does not deserve the licence in the first place, considering EA makers never have seen a football match in real life and use the physics of rugby and ice skating in a football game

Does anyone know how likely it is for the Copa Libertadores be in Fifa 20? Really hope those rumours aren't true, a game like Fifa 20 does not deserve the licence in the first place, considering EA makers never have seen a football match in real life and use the physics of rugby and ice skating in a football game
:LOL::YES::TU:

Very true

Anybody here going to download the demo early via a new zealand account .
I'm apprehensive. As we can edit the demo, I don't want to put a load of effort into it for it to then be incompatible with my UK full game.

Sounds daft but you never know with Konami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom