eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish they will license the J-League. Very interesting and developing league in Asia and remove the Thai or Chinese(if needed).
J. League 1 & 2 license would be amazing news for me. Not sure if I can see it happening though. I find it extremely strange how Konami had the J league license for like 20 years and we never got it in a western release. There's 4 Japanese teams licensed in PES due to the ACL license and to me, it looks like those 4 teams get more attention from Konami than any other club in the game. They're pretty much the only clubs in the game that have proper chants and 95% real player faces. Love playing with them too, the atmosphere with the chants is a lot better than playing with the European clubs

Last edited:
There's still a month and a half until release.
They'll be doing it in stages. If you announce everything in one go then how to do you keep interest up for another 6/7 weeks?
No like in general they're announcing the bigger licenses first and then the others right? So if they want people to pre order and so, they'll want serie A to be a big selling point, imo

Nice news of course but as usual ALL teams won't have real players, and because of that transfers after the brazilian league ends doesn't get updated.

Hope I'm wrong this time though, would love to go online with Gremio! :)
95% of players in both divisions will be licensed, according to this guy.

Last edited:
Nice! Is this guy a reliable source? I bet the 5% lackning is from Gremio though...;)
I think so mate, but I'm not 100% sure. He was at the event in Brazil today I'm pretty sure. Gremio has appeared in the new trailer that's surfacing.

I think so mate, but I'm not 100% sure. He was at the event in Brazil today I'm pretty sure. Gremio has appeared in the new trailer that's surfacing.
Gremio and all Brazilian teams will be in. The question is were the Gremio players in the trailer?

No like in general they're announcing the bigger licenses first and then the others right? So if they want people to pre order and so, they'll want serie A to be a big selling point, imo
True, although they do make odd marketing decisions. Last year they never ever actually promoted the fact they had the Colombian league licenced. Literally never even a single tweet to promote it.

Gremio and all Brazilian teams will be in. The question is were the Gremio players in the trailer?
Someone on Twitter zoomed in to the Gremio players, they were only shown quickly but you could see Everton Soares there (he has a real face so he was recognisable)

Loving the gameplay videos I've seen so far, but is there a reason there are no away fans? Whenever the away team scores it's almost completely silent, I can understand less cheering but come on, just ruins the moment when no one cheers a goal, ridiculous
Konami did this a few years ago and I hated it. I think we had 2 or 3 games in a row back on the PS3 that had no noise from away fans when you scored and just silence. It seems they've gone down that route again which is a massive turn off for me. Imagine scoring in a cup final as the away team or a local Derby and having absolute silence. Konami are total joke sometimes, god knows why they seem to think away fans don't travel to matches..... they're usually the most noisy. Once again, Konami's sound design & in game atmosphere are a waste of space.

True, although they do make odd marketing decisions. Last year they never ever actually promoted the fact they had the Colombian league licenced. Literally never even a single tweet to promote it.
Hmm... I don't understand how they're such a huge company with such poor PR.

These actually show some CPU dribbling and skills. Also showcases some of the newer and nicer animations.
I'm looking at the positives only right now :PP
Those Man Utd kits man, look almost pink. It’s so amateur from Konami. Bayern kits far too bright too.

They look like blobs of bright red paint. Why in 2020 will I still be avoiding using a team that plays in red?! It’s crazy.

One thing that really hits me hard is EA listening to their Pro Clubs fanbase who'd been requesting for a makeover since God knows when. They've really worked on it hard, we can see the work put into it. Kit clashing, player customisation, new modes, new broadcast (differentiating between friendlies, cups,etc) are some of the things they've worked on. Actual things frustrating the community.

It's sad when you realise that when KONAMI say "We've been listening to our fans who've been requesting for changes in Master League", what we get is "Interactive dialogue system and cutscenes". Did we even ask for it???

Mad days, folks. :BLINK:

True...

But in all fairness: FIFA players are also craving for better changes in career mode for years and hardly anything happens. I even know FIFA players, who take PES´ ML over career mode....lol.

But yeah...I like the comparison with a smoke grenade (I think @Emroth said that).
So many new features that get highlighted, but in the end it´s nothing special.
I remember when they introduced player emotions as one of the BIG new features in PES.
And what is it actually? A cut scene of a mad face when the player gets called by the ref, or when he misses the goal....
Wow!
No need to mention....

Konami did this a few years ago and I hated it. I think we had 2 or 3 games in a row back on the PS3 that had no noise from away fans when you scored and just silence. It seems they've gone down that route again which is a massive turn off for me. Imagine scoring in a cup final as the away team or a local Derby and having absolute silence. Konami are total joke sometimes, god knows why they seem to think away fans don't travel to matches..... they're usually the most noisy. Once again, Konami's sound design & in game atmosphere are a waste of space.

This is typically for Konami. Some really good features disappear and bad ones come back.

I even know FIFA players, who take PES´ ML over career mode....lol.
I mean, just thinking of one example from the top of my head... Your players are your slaves in the ML. If you don't play them, they don't care, they'll happily rot in the reserves and then sign a new contract if you want them to. Immediately you feel like they're just words on a screen and not people.

Oh, also, form arrows are completely random. Player scores a hat-trick? Oh no, his form arrow (which is supposed to represent his form) is now at the worst possible level!! Welcome to topsy-turvy land!!

I get why you'd play it for the gameplay. In-fact, that's what I'm doing right now. But for the mode? Either you want a much-simplified experience in your football career games (which is fine, some just want to play the matches), or be crazy, frankly. The guys annoyed at the lack of change in FIFA are right to be angry, but they still have something with twice the depth and then some.

Anyway, future PES/FIFA comparisons go here please.

I just don't get it? Reduce the cheers to 70% maybe?

Watched one video, the "away" team scored the winner in the 92nd minute, player went crazy and the crowd was just silent and dead!? Took everything away from the moment

I just don't get it? Reduce the cheers to 70% maybe?

Watched one video, the "away" team scored the winner in the 92nd minute, player went crazy and the crowd was just silent and dead!? Took everything away from the moment
I've been hoping this was because the initial gameplay recordings were in stereo when the output was set to "surround" and the away end was coming from a channel that hadn't been rendered into the mix.

But every video shows that this happens now no matter who's recording. I really don't know why I tried to give Konami the benefit of the doubt.

What I will say is that if we all make our voices heard on this one, I imagine it will take them a week to fix it. This isn't something that would be a huge dev job. It was fine before.

Those Man Utd kits man, look almost pink. It’s so amateur from Konami. Bayern kits far too bright too.

They look like blobs of bright red paint. Why in 2020 will I still be avoiding using a team that plays in red?! It’s crazy.
Yup, we'll need option file kits even for the licenced teams. I can't bear to look at those reds.
True...

But in all fairness: FIFA players are also craving for better changes in career mode for years and hardly anything happens. I even know FIFA players, who take PES´ ML over career mode....lol.

But yeah...I like the comparison with a smoke grenade (I think @Emroth said that).
So many new features that get highlighted, but in the end it´s nothing special.
I remember when they introduced player emotions as one of the BIG new features in PES.
And what is it actually? A cut scene of a mad face when the player gets called by the ref, or when he misses the goal....
Wow!
No need to mention....
I used to be one of those career mode guys, until I switched to PES 2016.

I've been hoping this was because the initial gameplay recordings were in stereo when the output was set to "surround" and the away end was coming from a channel that hadn't been rendered into the mix.

But every video shows that this happens now no matter who's recording. I really don't know why I tried to give Konami the benefit of the doubt.

What I will say is that if we all make our voices heard on this one, I imagine it will take them a week to fix it. This isn't something that would be a huge dev job. It was fine before.
Agree on this. We need to make some noise about this issue. It's almost a deal breaker for me enjoying master league if it stays the same for the full release, total Immersion killer.

Can't we start a thread about ideas for the ML mode?
I have tons of ideas that would improve the ML immensely.
I have been playing ML for more than 10 years (now seldom, i play league mode) and i've been thinking about making contact with Konami (and i'm not driven by money, i would to this for free, the reward would be a more fun ML, one that i would actually play again). A couple of years i wrote an open letter to Adam, but i never got an answer. Perhaps we could change something with evo-web?

I would start a thread, but i want it to be a positive one. I know that the the current ML is a huge disappointment, we all know this, there is no need to complain about it for the umptienth time...what do you guys think.

I might start with a post with ideas and this might inspire other people here...the result could for example be talked about in Chris' podcast (and for the record, i prefer not to be on the podcast, i consider myself not fluent enough to talk in an Eglish spoken podcast).

What do you people think?

Imagine this in PES:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Well, basically like always they copy PES and put some " sparkles " in this case, some facial, kit and tits movements.

Well, basically like always they copy PES and put some " sparkles " in this case, some facial, kit and tits movements.
You can't be serious. You think a new generic face system (which it would appear means all generic faces in the game look less cartoony), is copying PES, where every generic face looks like a 5th-grader's plasticine art project? And didn't every game in the world have a face generating tool like this before PES did? Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect etc...? Please tell me this is sarcasm!

J-League is really cool!
But they shouldn't remove a other league for it imo.
I think he's referring to the fact that Konami have previously said leagues were deleted because "there's no room in the database" (Italian and Spanish D2's were deleted last year to "make room" for all the newly licensed leagues). Yet this year, they're back...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom