eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine this in PES:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Jesus Christ. I thought this was a fan-made bit of concept art, the kind of stuff we see when people create sample PES 2020 menus. Turns out it's actually from FIFA 20. They've redone their generic face modelling system.

Off-topic I know, but holy shit. That's how it's done.

QUestion about D2's: are just the previously removed D2's back (spanish, italian) or do we (also) have the generic D2 back? I.e. we can stick it on any league we want and put any teams in there we want?
I do believe they have some surprise, or at least working on it.
They said spanish and italian D2's are back, but Adam also said that there is something else regarding D2's that they are working on, but its too early to say anything.

It's funny FIFA have such a great face sculpting tool yet it's not prominent in game at all. Last time I played FIFA you couldn't even edit generic player faces. PES face tool may not be brilliant but the community does a good job making facebuilds every year.

Another thing I would like to note is that PES does do a good job in adding and updating faces. When a player gains some traction in real life PES are quick to scene to add their face to the game. Look at Frenkie de Jong or Piatek for example, they added their faces very quickly after release. PES has a much better assortment of faces imo, and FIFA often abuse older faces. I played a league campaign with Ajax later in the year and my entire starting XI actually had real faces, something that is unthinkable in FIFA where they still use a FIFA 09 face for Huntelaar.

Jesus Christ. I thought this was a fan-made bit of concept art, the kind of stuff we see when people create sample PES 2020 menus. Turns out it's actually from FIFA 20. They've redone their generic face modelling system.

Off-topic I know, but holy shit. That's how it's done.
Fuuuck! That's amazing.

a little off topic so please be polite! ;)

i just finished my vacation plannings for this year. for 13 days i'll be in NYC, Philie and AC by the end of August/beginning of September! so my question is: is someone from the forum located in New York City or nearby!? i'd definitely want to meet some of you guys for real!
so, pm me if you want to play the 2020 demo against me in the USA!!! :)

Interactive dialogs are useless and will be skipped if they dont have any impact.
Hope negotiations wont be such a drag as they are in fifa.
But cutscenes during matches, managers reactions - all that adds immersion and i loved it in fifa. So im glad they finally brought this in. Would also like to see stretches and more animations for substitutions and in general (when players arguing with referee for example)
D2's should not have been removed, but they were. And now they are back. So happy days.
Master League apparently has transfer frequency, which i will gladly use, setting it for low, so teams dont shuffle players like mad.

These are all small things and I know what you're saying. Nonetheless - they did put much more work than they usually do, so fair play.
I don’t know dude. While I try to be neutral to positive, all the new features are just mechanics from the 2009-2012 era.Except the “original” D2 which were introduced in 2015 replacing the one fake D2.
The worst part will be if “new” features will be half-arsed , IE: interactive dialogues in pes2012 were annoyingly frequent, but at least it used to affect players happiness, which happiness was displayed by an emoji-face like the form in ISS. When your player had bad non-happy face , their form arrow was constantly downside red/purple. (the worst).
Even the real-life values database is a crap. In 2010 when the real currency was introduced ($/€/£/¥) , players had almost their real life values and salaries, or at least the most realistic in the series , until pes2011 when they deconstructed their own system for unexplained reasons, having Messi cost 9million € in the ML start!.
Also managers reaction during match (like FIFA) were there also, 12-13 and possibly in some latter games 15~17 maybe.
I don’t want to be disappointed, I am jot even hyped to be honest, but the only new feature is the ability to use Legend caricatures for managers, like Zico, Maradonna , which I find useless and if it really comes with removing the ability to create our own avatar for our manager in ML, it will be very bad.

Little thought, that came to mind while listening to podcast.
Last year there was very few features to be excited about. I think for me, personally, visible stamina was the only one.
And how long did it last? Up till first, second patch maybe? Shortly after there was no visible stamina anymore. it was all erased from the game.
So all these pes20 features, regardless how big or small impact they might have - they might not last till Xmas and it might all be back to pes19.

One thing that really hits me hard is EA listening to their Pro Clubs fanbase who'd been requesting for a makeover since God knows when. They've really worked on it hard, we can see the work put into it. Kit clashing, player customisation, new modes, new broadcast (differentiating between friendlies, cups,etc) are some of the things they've worked on. Actual things frustrating the community.

It's sad when you realise that when KONAMI say "We've been listening to our fans who've been requesting for changes in Master League", what we get is "Interactive dialogue system and cutscenes". Did we even ask for it???

Mad days, folks. :BLINK:

It’s a small thing but the presentation still sucking (which it will) is a major annoyance for me. I just can’t put up with using them god ugly menus etc again.

I just don’t trust Konami anymore. The focus on faces and Legends shows where they think the focus should be.

On a side note: the entire “PES has got Juventus license now LOL Fifa” thing on twitter is incredibly childish. So what, PES has Juventus? We’ll still see stupid ass banners around the stadium because Konami assume it’s cool, or quirky - or something. It’s weird how excited some get about a license. Who cares if you’ve got one team (who I never play as by the way) when the rest of the league still looks half arsed.

One thing that really hits me hard is EA listening to their Pro Clubs fanbase who'd been requesting for a makeover since God knows when. They've really worked on it hard, we can see the work put into it. Kit clashing, player customisation, new modes, new broadcast (differentiating between friendlies, cups,etc) are some of the things they've worked on. Actual things frustrating the community.

It's sad when you realise that when KONAMI say "We've been listening to our fans who've been requesting for changes in Master League", what we get is "Interactive dialogue system and cutscenes". Did we even ask for it???

Mad days, folks. :BLINK:
Yes we did mate. They put in quite a few features that the community has asked for including the Master League features that you just mentioned and broadcast camera and bringing back the Italian and Spanish second league as well as having Juventus and Bayern licensed. So in my opinon, Konami no doubt has done more of what the community asked for this year than EA has or probably ever will.

Yes we did mate. They put in quite a few features that the community has asked for including the Master League features that you just mentioned and broadcast camera and bringing back the Italian and Spanish second league as well as having Juventus and Bayern licensed. So in my opinon, Konami no doubt has done more of what the community asked for this year than EA has or probably ever will.
I'm sorry, what? Did you even see the changes EA brought to Pro Clubs?

I honestly think that people should not be critical of the new PES20 Master League until we get to play it. Creating your own press room, more manager customization, an improved transfer market based on real world data could be potential game changers or they might be a monotonous and minor improvement. But no one really knows until you play it. Also who knows, maybe they'll finally remove the Regen system

I know it's really off topic, but I played FIFA 19 after a long time today and realised all the things wrong with PES
- The atmosphere, PES has none, FIFA has done it great, even if generic at times (crowd cheers when you cause a turnover, boos when your player is fouled, it really feels like home fans in a stadium)
- FIFA already has context sensitive kick accuracy (you can't just score from a volley that was cleared from a corner till the halfway line, by the keeper, and get it exactly right like a bullet)
- Fouls, don't even need to explain

A thing I severely dislike in FIFA though is the player movement. It's so bad it feels like an old rusty robot is walking. Never feels natural, not the running, not the jockeying, never.

Also I remember people seeing the requested leagues form where the community could participate in an unofficial poll to say which leagues they would like to see in PES20, and that the Indonesian league was the most popular. And as a result people said that of course Konami should not license the Indonesian Super League because it is unknown and very poor quality. I disagree. I believe that if Konami licensed this, then they would branch into a whole new market and acquire more money in sales then they spent to acquire that league. They could use this profit to license more popular leagues so it would be a good plan for the next few years to slowly increase how much money Konami will have for licensing

I honestly think that people should not be critical of the new PES20 Master League until we get to play it. Creating your own press room, more manager customization, an improved transfer market based on real world data could be potential game changers or they might be a monotonous and minor improvement. But no one really knows until you play it. Also who knows, maybe they'll finally remove the Regen system
How could creating your own press room possibly be a game changer???? Please entertain me.
Oh, and the manager customisation? I'm not sure whether even the PR guys know what is going to be in the game. Once it's customisation using improved 3D scanned models, and then the other day you realise you can probably only choose from concept managers and legend managers. One step forward, two steps backward. Signature KONAMI.

The only change that would actually affect Master League in any proper way is the transfer system - and I hope, lord, that it's finally improved. (i think they have a 3 year cycle of saying 'improved master league')

It’s a small thing but the presentation still sucking (which it will) is a major annoyance for me. I just can’t put up with using them god ugly menus etc again.

I just don’t trust Konami anymore. The focus on faces and Legends shows where they think the focus should be.

On a side note: the entire “PES has got Juventus license now LOL Fifa” thing on twitter is incredibly childish. So what, PES has Juventus? We’ll still see stupid ass banners around the stadium because Konami assume it’s cool, or quirky - or something. It’s weird how excited some get about a license. Who cares if you’ve got one team (who I never play as by the way) when the rest of the league still looks half arsed.
It’s not a small thing. Atmosphere and presentation is essential to a sports game.

The fact that you’re saying they might fix the re-gen bug, which has been a bug/issue for years, says a lot.

But even with all those off the pitch improvements EA does to FIFA, I just find it not enjoyable on the pitch. It's not a simulation by any means. They play football like they know what's going to happen next.

I really wish KONAMI realised that their strong point was gameplay and make it the best it can be. It's fewer things than FIFA needs to fix, but it's fundamental.
(Podcast made me think about this, its was great @Chris Davies @rockstrongo)

I know it's really off topic, but I played FIFA 19 after a long time today and realised all the things wrong with PES
- The atmosphere, PES has none, FIFA has done it great, even if generic at times (crowd cheers when you cause a turnover, boos when your player is fouled, it really feels like home fans in a stadium)
- FIFA already has context sensitive kick accuracy (you can't just score from a volley that was cleared from a corner till the halfway line, by the keeper, and get it exactly right like a bullet)
- Fouls, don't even need to explain

A thing I severely dislike in FIFA though is the player movement. It's so bad it feels like an old rusty robot is walking. Never feels natural, not the running, not the jockeying, never.
I agree with everything you listed there except fouls. FIFA literally had none for me in two seasons of career mode. Zero. Pes was way better for me especially after patch one.

I agree with everything you listed there except fouls. FIFA literally had none for me in two seasons of career mode. Zero. Pes was way better for me especially after patch one.
Oh sorry, I should've explained it better. I wanted to talk about the referee. Refereeing is atrocious in PES.

Saw a clip of a Milan goal and they didn't have the serie a patch on the shirt
It's been posted a number of times, as recently as the last page. Konami released a player face video and the shirts had the scudetto patch on the chest and the Serie A patch on the arm:

SERIE A LICENCE PRETTY MUCH CONFIRMED

This is a screenshot from their player face video. Check out the patch on the sleeve:

Screenshot-20190717-195432-Facebook.jpg

This is the new Serie A logo:

dvsdsdf-01.jpg

I think we can pretty much confirm this now.

Konami wouldn't have released a video containing logos of a licence they don't have.
If somehow they accidentally did, they'd have pulled the video by now.

Loving the gameplay videos I've seen so far, but is there a reason there are no away fans? Whenever the away team scores it's almost completely silent, I can understand less cheering but come on, just ruins the moment when no one cheers a goal, ridiculous

Little thought, that came to mind while listening to podcast.
Last year there was very few features to be excited about. I think for me, personally, visible stamina was the only one.
And how long did it last? Up till first, second patch maybe? Shortly after there was no visible stamina anymore. it was all erased from the game.
So all these pes20 features, regardless how big or small impact they might have - they might not last till Xmas and it might all be back to pes19.

I'll add that same happened with thru-ball pass in PES 2016 - was actually useful (you had control over curl/swerve) l when the game came out and in the demo and then they changed it. Since then thru-ball has not felt as good.

(I think its still playable in the PES 2016 demo if any of you happen to have it d'loaded)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom