eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Year is 20XX , we have flying cars and hoverboards. Video games have come a long way, especially, football games. Konami, in order to dismantle EA's monopoly, has come up with a groundbreaking AI. An algorithm that is capable of running real football matches in its system, scan every move, every pass, speed, trajectory, player likeliness/character and tactics, churn them into data, and subsequently applicable codes. Thousands and thousands of real matches go through that algorithm and produces a simulation so lifelike, its odd to predict real life result is 77%.

PES fans are ecstatic. The year is, 20XX.

Unfortunately it'll more likely be tactical genius manager Marcus Rashford has adopted the ping pong passing approach used by Konami's Efooter soccball 45 where his players can find every pass no matter which direction they are facing. Using this he has taken Salford to European glory. His side nearly lost the final though after being hit by a freak number of random miskicks during the game.

Just started a new ML with Spurs on superstar in PES 19. I played 4 matches and that was enough.

Unless PES 2020 has a huge overhaul in regards to more stadia, better AI and no BS team spirit then it’s just more of the same.

I’ve uninstalled PES 19 now, I can’t go back. It’s not a bad game it’s just so damn stale and boring. It feels so empty and soulless, there doesn’t seem any point to anything.

I just can’t get hyped for PES anymore, it’s a shadow of its former self, I actually don’t recognise the game anymore.

That depends on whether they have to hide game crippling AI behaviour or not, like they did last year
I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact demo matches will be 5 minutes offline & 10 online. Hope to be pleasantly surprised though.

Ghhh serie B in Fifa :/
Is that confirmed?
That's not an official video or on an official channel.
Seems odd that they'd start following Adam recently only for nothing to come of it, unless Serie B is licensed in both this year? We know FIFA had Serie A last year and PES has it this year.

Is that confirmed?
That's not an official video or on an official channel.
Seems odd that they'd start following Adam recently only for nothing to come of it, unless Serie B is licensed in both this year? We know FIFA had Serie A last year and PES has it this year.
Dude is a proper click hunter,puts up xx confirmed for Pes/FIFA
Is really Serie A confirmed?
Saw rumours on Roma exclusive for Fifa.
Or is it the same deal as previous years,but with Juve included?

Just started a new ML with Spurs on superstar in PES 19. I played 4 matches and that was enough.

Unless PES 2020 has a huge overhaul in regards to more stadia, better AI and no BS team spirit then it’s just more of the same.

I’ve uninstalled PES 19 now, I can’t go back. It’s not a bad game it’s just so damn stale and boring. It feels so empty and soulless, there doesn’t seem any point to anything.

I just can’t get hyped for PES anymore, it’s a shadow of its former self, I actually don’t recognise the game anymore.
Salut to that legend in your avatar.

Saw his son doing his Milan debut last night Vs Bayern.
Remember Milans back four in the 90?
Jesus...
Hell yes. Even though I was a Juve and United fan, Maldini was my football idol. Such classy, clean and immaculate defending. And good on the ball too.

I just saw a guy streaming the event from Brazil on Youtube. I think it's the demo version we'll be getting(minus PES Legends) and there are 13 playable stadiums!! Allianz arena is there, Old Trafford, camp nou, emirates stadium..don't sure about Juves, was hard to see,guy was filming and walking around, games seemed to be 5 mins but couldn't see if you could change it.

Hell yes. Even though I was a Juve and United fan, Maldini was my football idol. Such classy, clean and immaculate defending. And good on the ball too.
Classy guy!
Amazing footballer,it's a dying breed,20+ seasons in Milan's first team,Totti 20 years in Roma, Danielle De Rossi (didn't get a new contract...really ..Yankee owner '"&54+*) 18 seasons.
Not like Neymar and company,cashing in every 3 years.
Real gentlemen

Italian football was the shit back in the 90s!
I used to love Parma and then Lazio because there were so many argentinians there (Simeone, Veron, Almeyda, Ortega, Crespo).
Mid 90's was amazing,tons of good Argentinians and Italians,that was when the PL couldn't string together 3 passes in a row (the tackling though..)

Italian football was the shit back in the 90s!
I used to love Parma and then Lazio because there were so many argentinians there (Simeone, Veron, Almeyda, Ortega, Crespo).
Claudio Lopez :SMUG:

Was a must buy in PES for me.

And man I hated dirty Simeone with a passion.

Edit:. Wtf how did you and I forget Batigol?? I loved the guy!

Claudio Lopez :SMUG:

Was a must buy in PES for me.

And man I hated dirty Simeone with a passion.

Edit:. Wtf how did you and I forget Batigol?? I loved the guy!

Really? I always went for Veron and Ortega.
In fact I always chose Parma (with the default ML squad, obviously) and then bought those two. Those were my first purchases, always.

Damn.
Miss those days when you had to win games to get points that'd give you access to buy players.
Instead of transfer budget, it'd depend solely on your performance as a player. That was the real deal.

I just saw a guy streaming the event from Brazil on Youtube. I think it's the demo version we'll be getting(minus PES Legends) and there are 13 playable stadiums!! Allianz arena is there, Old Trafford, camp nou, emirates stadium..don't sure about Juves, was hard to see,guy was filming and walking around, games seemed to be 5 mins but couldn't see if you could change it.
13 stadiums, or 13 teams.. you mean teams right??

oh... just found the youtube clip.. clearly showing new demo and wow.. 13 stadiums :)

Last edited:
Considering we're just 5 days away from the Demo, and given that I have just finished listening to the Evo-Web Podcast #2, I'd just like to leave this here somewhere.

Because I'm sure we might want to go back to this in a week.
Context-Sensitive Kick Accuracy
For football purists, fewer things are more satisfying to see than a long ball that wings its way towards its target with uncanny accuracy, but like anything else in football, accuracy must be earned.

i'm looking forward to the demo. i have a new laptop, just need to optimize it, getting slowdowns at corners. i have a Geforce 1070 and i7 8750 so something just isn't optimized properly.

tried vsync on which helps but nah, something else isnt right.

i'm looking forward to the demo. i have a new laptop, just need to optimize it, getting slowdowns at corners. i have a Geforce 1070 and i7 8750 so something just isn't optimized properly.

I have a laptop with a gtx 860m (hybrid with intel graphiccard).
Some applications (also pes 2019.exe) use the Intel Graphics in the nvidia driver automatically. I dont know if your card is also a hybrid.
I have to force the pes.exe to use the gtx860m in the nvidia driver.
Unlike in the picture below, choose the tab "Program Settings" and browse the pes2019.exe.
How_to_set_a_default_graphics_card_2.png

Slowdowns also occur when i use the laptop without power adapter, on battery only.
Doesn't matter if set the laptop/graka to high performance or not.

hope this helps.

In Nvidia control panel, create a PES2019 profile (do that too for the 2020 demo when it will be released), scroll to the max pre-rendered frames and set to 1. If you also can limit your FPS (and your laptop screen is 60hz) limit fps to 59 (140 if your screen is 144Hz). This should smooth the game considerably.

Really? I always went for Veron and Ortega.
In fact I always chose Parma (with the default ML squad, obviously) and then bought those two. Those were my first purchases, always.

Damn.
Miss those days when you had to win games to get points that'd give you access to buy players.
Instead of transfer budget, it'd depend solely on your performance as a player. That was the real deal.
I always started with a better keeper, to at least keep us safe from easy silly goals. Clean sheets and 1 point here and there helped a lot. Then next get a striker to try at least win those games where my weaker strikers wasted easy chances. 3 points here and there. Cool days.

I don't mind playing with real teams now. In fact, I always thought it'd be better if we had real teams but we're forced to start with a weaker team and work our way up. The team's weak, but at least they're all real people, so I'd be immersed even more. What I did back then was pick a good team, Chelsea, and only played with the younger guys, and put all the starters out as subs and reserves. Never used them. And only bought young players as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom