eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course big teams and players need updating every year, they are the face of the game and the selling point for the series, I know this. They are the most used players and teams, the yearly showcase and the first place people look for improvements. But it would be nice if a little more time was spent on the other 80%. I'm not saying every player needs expensive, time-consuming and highly detailed face scans, but maybe some lower-res faces comprised from jpegs, or the option to add our own.

Bring back pancake face!
3146538990_1_4_xQevDWFT.png
that face is haunting me the whole day now, i swear! :D

Funnily enough (or not), my expectations and anxiety regarding the demo have gone to -10 after the Evo-Web Podcast.

Somehow, listening to these guys saying the same things I think about the overall state of the game and its recent history, reflecting on it the same way I do made me realise football games are in a state of 911.

Don't want to sound too dramatic but as long as there's a MyClub/FUT on them, as long as lootboxes aren't forbidden internationally to prevent them for making money out of it (which would then stop being interesting to them), both games are beyond salvation.

I would love to be proven wrong come Tuesday.

Last edited:
Of course big teams and players need updating every year, they are the face of the game and the selling point for the series, I know this. They are the most used players and teams, the yearly showcase and the first place people look for improvements. But it would be nice if a little more time was spent on the other 80%. I'm not saying every player needs expensive, time-consuming and highly detailed face scans, but maybe some lower-res faces comprised from jpegs, or the option to add our own.

Bring back pancake face!

Did anyone bothered to use facescans in edit mode the PS3 era? I literally saw no one posting packs for it and once i opened a thread to share my scans nobody cared.

Funnily enough (or not), my expectations and anxiety regarding the demo have gone to -10 after the Evo-Web Podcast.

Somehow, listening to these guys saying the same things I think about the overall state of the game and its recent history, reflecting on it the same way I do made me realise football games are in a state of 911.

Don't want to sound too dramatic was as long as there's a MyClub/FUT on them, as long as lootboxes aren't forbidden internationally to prevent them for making money out of it (which would then stop being interesting to them), both games are beyond salvation.

I would love to be proven wrong come Tuesday.
Completely agreeing,I don't think the Concept of Myclub/eSports is the devil, loot boxes are!
If they have loot boxes, work/evolution of gameplay won't take any dramatic steps in to a great offline game.
Online and offline gaming can co exist,plenty of sports games proving that (mainly racing but also other games)
But loot boxes and a progressive development?
Nope!

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, Are we likely to get our hands on the demo sometime on Monday (in the UK) if we have New Zealand/ Hong Kong PSN accounts?

Did anyone bothered to use facescans in edit mode the PS3 era? I literally saw no one posting packs for it and once i opened a thread to share my scans nobody cared.

I did me and 6 or 7 friends for our pes nights! So hilarious! In fact I did it all again when we had a party last year - bought a ps3 and pes2013 and spent days making hideous avatars of my mates so we could all just play as ourselves (fixed cursor) and do a world cup as England. Fantastic times!

Yeah I have accounts for NZ that I only ever use for PES demo day! Hoping it's the same as most years & were able to get the demo a little earlier.
hongkong, new zealand, japan... me, myself and I are waiting for the demo to drop! :)
cant wait, really looking forward to it!!
sad thing: i will be pretty busy the coming week so there is not much time to play. but hey, i can sleep when i'm dead, right!? :D

hongkong, new zealand, japan... me, myself and I are waiting for the demo to drop! :)
cant wait, really looking forward to it!!
sad thing: i will be pretty busy the coming week so there is not much time to play. but hey, i can sleep when i'm dead, right!? :D
Even though I'll inevitably end up disappointed by the game before Xmas, demo day is one of the few times a year that I get excited like a little kid again. The first few days & weeks playing recent PES games have usually been when I've enjoyed them most so I always look forward to demo day and love getting my hands on it a day early.

Bring back pancake face!
Every year yes, but some of tyem have been updated multiple times.

Year is 20XX , we have flying cars and hoverboards. Video games have come a long way, especially, football games. Konami, in order to dismantle EA's monopoly, has come up with a groundbreaking AI. An algorithm that is capable of running real football matches in its system, scan every move, every pass, speed, trajectory, player likeliness/character and tactics, churn them into data, and subsequently applicable codes. Thousands and thousands of real matches go through that algorithm and produces a simulation so lifelike, its odd to predict real life result is 77%.

PES fans are ecstatic. The year is, 20XX.

Serie A 100% will be, serie b probably too, i have big hope for la liga 123 and j league

Serie A is confirmed based on the Juve video (Scudetto badge on chest and Serie A patch on sleeve).

Adam stated Serie B was unlicensed when it was initially announced as back, although the Serie B account has recently followed Adam and posted a teaser promo, so could be.

Haven't seen anything that would suggest J-League might be in.

La Liga 123 was confirmed as unlicensed by Adam too; La Liga has a licensing deal for both divisions so it won't be in.

Serie A is confirmed based on the Juve video (Scudetto badge on chest and Serie A patch on sleeve).

Adam stated Serie B was unlicensed when it was initially announced as back, although the Serie B account has recently followed Adam and posted a teaser promo, so could be.

Haven't seen anything that would suggest J-League might be in.

La Liga 123 was confirmed as unlicensed by Adam too; La Liga has a licensing deal for both divisions so it won't be in.
J league is possible coz its not exclusive league for fifa and J league is in pes mobile, konami have done database for this league

Year is 20XX , we have flying cars and hoverboards. Video games have come a long way, especially, football games. Konami, in order to dismantle EA's monopoly, has come up with a groundbreaking AI. An algorithm that is capable of running real football matches in its system, scan every move, every pass, speed, trajectory, player likeliness/character and tactics, churn them into data, and subsequently applicable codes. Thousands and thousands of real matches go through that algorithm and produces a simulation so lifelike, its odd to predict real life result is 77%.

PES fans are ecstatic. The year is, 20XX.
That's a movie plot right there. Once perfected, it becomes Skynet, and Konami will finally grab all the leagues around the World. Exclusively. :SMUG:

Ok guys..Demo is near, I actually think that we'll have 4-5 stadiums to play at, I'm guessing they will give us all the new partnership teams stadiums..would be great. Btw. which team do you plan to pick in ML at launch ? One of the new partner clubs or...?

Ok guys..Demo is near, I actually think that we'll have 4-5 stadiums to play at, I'm guessing they will give us all the new partnership teams stadiums..would be great. Btw. which team do you plan to pick in ML at launch ? One of the new partner clubs or...?

If they would give you Allianz Arena, Allianz Stadium, Camp Nou and Old trafford in the demo + all premium teams, then I think a half of community wouldn't be bothered to buy a full game as they would have the "most interesting" content in demo already.

Paying £30-£40 to play as North London FC or Blue City FC? Non sense :)

Forget about those stadiums then.

If they would give you Allianz Arena, Allianz Stadium, Camp Nou and Old trafford in the demo + all premium teams, then I think a half of community wouldn't be bothered to buy a full game as they would have the "most interesting" content in demo already.

Paying £30-£40 to play as North London FC or Blue City FC? Non sense :)

Forget about those stadiums then.
Hahaha stupid thinking from those then, but kids maybe would do it.I mean who wants to play exhibition games all the time over and over and miss the new ML etc, the true experience we'll see but I think we will have at least one from the big trio plus nou camp. Konami will surprise us. Hope the games will be 10 min..

Btw. which team do you plan to pick in ML at launch ? One of the new partner clubs or...?
Thinking of starting with Mallorca for a change..:LOL:
Im still not getting this on release tho. I'll check the demo and then wait for my peeps here to tell me whats what. I was close to nervous breakdown last year with Pes19 and still trying to heal my soul after that.
No way im going through this shit again.

J league is possible coz its not exclusive league for fifa and J league is in pes mobile, konami have done database for this league
If so, why is it not in 2019 then?
I think you're putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5.

Thinking of starting with Mallorca for a change..:LOL:
Im still not getting this on release tho. I'll check the demo and then wait for my peeps here to tell me whats what. I was close to nervous breakdown last year with Pes19 and still trying to heal my soul after that.
No way im going through this shit again.
I've preorder man!
Myclub version,shit load of coins and Messi hairstyles.
I'm all about faces now!
Join me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom