eFootball (All Platforms)

And for a vanilla version, the AI (again on full manual, Legend) is probably the best we've seen... Im seeing AI making regular mistakes, as well as having more variation in regards to taking me on dribbling wise, cutting in, shooting from distance etc. More variations in attack than previous versions.

I would say, especially relatively in terms of the hardware, the AI variation in 2021 is up there with the very worst I've ever experienced in a football game.

This discussion is so silly both on this pes forum and on the fifa forum, first of all, from what I've read so far, no game has had anyone thank everyone lol, many talk about pes 5, 4, 6 which were more responsive or real games in I actually wanted to know how many of you have played football, because I played semi-amateur for 15 years and I can say that those loose and fast movements of old feet are quite unreal, in fact impossible to do, I say that the rigidity of modern or recent FIFA feet and Much more plausible than the freedom of old feet, I believe that there are a lot of older people here who have that attachment and a bit of nostalgia, which is why they will never exchange their old feet for a FIFA 25 or new feet! Another thing is that no one here can say that one game is better or more realistic than another, as these are only opinions and there will never be absolute certainty, if I say that ea fc 24 is more realistic than any old game in terms of variety or movement be more real because people are not as agile as those old feet who will have the absolute reason to contradict me lol, that's why this discussion will never end and there will never again be a modern game that will please the majority, one by one old games are easier and another because of our age!

Feedback

Finally adding palmeiras, and losing the league license at the same time is the most konami thing they have ever achieved!

This discussion is so silly both on this pes forum and on the fifa forum, first of all, from what I've read so far, no game has had anyone thank everyone lol, many talk about pes 5, 4, 6 which were more responsive or real games in I actually wanted to know how many of you have played football, because I played semi-amateur for 15 years and I can say that those loose and fast movements of old feet are quite unreal, in fact impossible to do, I say that the rigidity of modern or recent FIFA feet and Much more plausible than the freedom of old feet, I believe that there are a lot of older people here who have that attachment and a bit of nostalgia, which is why they will never exchange their old feet for a FIFA 25 or new feet! Another thing is that no one here can say that one game is better or more realistic than another, as these are only opinions and there will never be absolute certainty, if I say that ea fc 24 is more realistic than any old game in terms of variety or movement be more real because people are not as agile as those old feet who will have the absolute reason to contradict me lol, that's why this discussion will never end and there will never again be a modern game that will please the majority, one by one old games are easier and another because of our age!

Of course it's all opinion. That's the treachery of internet forums and always has been! For example you say the rigidity of players in modern FIFA. I'd say the problem is they aren't rigid enough, and that they move like they have no skeleton and don't adhere to the laws of friction.

I'd also say that nostalgia may play a part for some, but it has to be remembered that people are still playing the old games. It's not just rosy memories. There people actively playing both old and new, and drawing direct comparisons. I'd say I've played most of if not all the PES games from Goal Storm to 2021 and eFootball within the past year. Some things are relative to the time. eFootball's animations are, for example, better than ISS Pro Evolution's. But ISS Pro Evolution's were far better for 1999 than eFootball's are for 2024. But some things are simply better or worse to me, free from the effects of time. Like the AI variety is better in PES 2008 for PS2 than it is PES 2021, whether it's 2007, 2020, or 2064.

But of course it's all futile. What we say/do/type has fuck all effect on the games and we're all basically bald strangers fighting over a comb! 😄

I actually won a penalty for the first time vs AI in years, I couldn't believe it ha ha.

It was an aggressive body check as well, rather than a sliding tackle. I then proceeded to miss it.

One of the must have mods for me was always sound mod where I could increase the sound of the ball and ambient. What as surprise it is for me that in game audio settings we have an option of "From the Stands" that has no commentary and puts ambient stadium sound in the forefront. No sound mod needed anymore, after all those years, at least I get that little thing, considering offline content is almost non-existing.

I don’t know if it’s just the Jekyll and Hyde in the game but today it felt totally different, more consistent and much more fun! Not sure if anything’s changed or it’s just classic PES but all the things I enjoyed previously seemed to be back 🤷🏼‍♂️

if Konami had any brains they would use these past few years almost as testing ground to perfect their game before releasing an offline version but why would they bother they probably make enough money with less effort and not having to fix bugs by introducing a master league mode

This now feels like PES 17 / PES 5 lifelike AI & zip / responsiveness with PES 21 ball physics and flow, and glorious ef22 1.0 inertia. If this had Master League, I wouldn’t be able to put it down to be honest. Only complaint is the goalkeepers are glued to their line.

Konami please it can’t be that hard just release ML ffs. Dream team doesn’t do this gameplay justice, this is raw football simulation.

I can't be the one who thinks of this. I'm almost sure konami (or their marketing team) got the inspiration from the gigachad meme.main_page_1.jpg

We still can't choose My League match length...

Ok so been putting a bit of time in and the game is playing quite nicely. Once again it's a shame there's nothing for offline players.

I changed the match length to 14mins, which gives so much more time to be patient and let the game play out. I was also struggling with big gaps in midfield (shock i only use man utd) so I changed ugarte to stay closer to the back 4 in the individual instructions and have been concentrating on controlling off the ball players to shut space etc and now i'm conceding so many less chances.

finding top player a nice balance between relaxing but enough challenge to not just pump teams. Can create nice bits of play/goals but not too easily that it's unrewarding.

As always with this game, there are so many little hidden touches and animations that when it's good, really bring the game alive. Unfortunately there's also the usual crap, including the GKs still looking horrendous.

The goalkeepers are ruining this game for me. My own keepers against the ai are just useless. The only one target shots they can save are scuffed ones or ones from difficult angles. Anything on target that's hit well goes in and you see the keeper diving with bent arms, whereas if they'd gone for a full stretch, they would have saved most of the goals I've conceded. A big shame, because the balance between the attacking ai and my own goalkeeper was excellent before the update in my opinion. Now it's like the goalkeeper is pointless and I'm screwed if the ai gets any sniff of a decent shooting opportunity in and around the box. I'm amazed it's not been mentioned more by other people as it's really off putting to the point I just play something else after one match on the days I do give the game a chance (in the hope they secretly fix it behind the scenes).

Of course it's all opinion. That's the treachery of internet forums and always has been! For example you say the rigidity of players in modern FIFA. I'd say the problem is they aren't rigid enough, and that they move like they have no skeleton and don't adhere to the laws of friction.

I'd also say that nostalgia may play a part for some, but it has to be remembered that people are still playing the old games. It's not just rosy memories. There people actively playing both old and new, and drawing direct comparisons. I'd say I've played most of if not all the PES games from Goal Storm to 2021 and eFootball within the past year. Some things are relative to the time. eFootball's animations are, for example, better than ISS Pro Evolution's. But ISS Pro Evolution's were far better for 1999 than eFootball's are for 2024. But some things are simply better or worse to me, free from the effects of time. Like the AI variety is better in PES 2008 for PS2 than it is PES 2021, whether it's 2007, 2020, or 2064.

But of course it's all futile. What we say/do/type has fuck all effect on the games and we're all basically bald strangers fighting over a comb! 😄

I couldnt agree more Flipper, i won’t go on too much because it is too off topic but i hate this reasoning that the reason people play the older games is because of nostalgia.

If it was just nostalgia many of us wouldnt spend hours a day, in fact years, editing them, keeping them up to date.

Sorry for off topic, it just really really annoys me.

I don’t know if it’s just the Jekyll and Hyde in the game but today it felt totally different, more consistent and much more fun! Not sure if anything’s changed or it’s just classic PES but all the things I enjoyed previously seemed to be back 🤷🏼‍♂️
I mentioned this a while ago, my biggest frustrations with an online game is they tweak things all the time and you just never know what experience you’re going to get day by day.

As a online player this is something I would pay for;

1) Bring back Online Divisions with real teams.
2) Bring back manual passing with L2
3) Stop the nonsense of players having over 99 in rating.
4) Bring back day matches online.

I know I’m shouting this into the void btw.

Last edited:
I played the v 0.9.1 again.
I remember back then, in 2022, I was amazed from the animation detail, the smoothness, the sharp touch freedom, the sense of inertia.
Today I did a fair and straight comparison, to see if the game is indeed ruined.
No. efootball 2025 is actually better.
The animations are smoother, the sense of inertia and sharp touch is still here (a bit tighter), but still here, freedom aswell. Game is way more responsive, but not clunky. Ball is faster, sharp pass and shooting is here. Graphics are much better now aswell. I can't find a single thing that v 0.9.1 did better, maybe the 1 on 1 battles and the match up with X button, making defending more manual and interesting.
Efootball 2025 is an evolution of efootball 2022, in a good way.
So my conclusion is that I was in love with v 0.9.1 because it was something new and innovative, so my memory record it as something very good.
Now because of the 3 years of evolution and the subtle changes in every update, I can't sense the progress and I compare a game that I play for 3 years with an original impression that awed me.
Today I realized that efootball 2025 is the best version ever existed. Flawed still, but still better.
Playing more of 0.9.1 version I realise that what I do miss the most is all these sweet microanimations, micro-touches players had back then.
They way they handled the ball was phenomenal, much more detailed and very realistic. Now its much more repetitive and stiff, there is no plasticity.
Also the feel of inertia was higher, now players stop almost immediately and turn without momentum. Finally sharp touch was looser and more explosive.
Of course 0.9.1 is worse than 25 version as a whole, but it had some sweet details that really stood out back then.

Playing more of 0.9.1 version I realise that what I do miss the most is all these sweet microanimations, micro-touches players had back then.
They way they handled the ball was phenomenal, much more detailed and very realistic. Now its much more repetitive and stiff, there is no plasticity.
Also the feel of inertia was higher, now players stop almost immediately and turn without momentum. Finally sharp touch was looser and more explosive.
Of course 0.9.1 is worse than 25 version as a whole, but it had some sweet details that really stood out back then.
You're right buddy, they just needed to improve this version and these mechanics. But they took a different path, for the sake of the majority, and simplicity.

Not the best article I've read, but the last paragraph, sums it spot on.

"This is a free game, and for what your getting it’s no doubt good fun, but unlike Pro Evolution Soccer at its best it cannot claim to be anywhere near as good as EA’s game."
still even though I bought EA's game and dowloaded this one for free why am I not playing EA's ?

Interesting post. Thanks for the insights on comparisons. Btw, how do you manage to play the 0.9.1 version...on pc steam or ps5? How do you do it on pc/steam version?

Back
Top Bottom