eFootball (All Platforms)

True story: I'd never watch that video because of the thumbnail. I'm not the target audience to be fair!
This got me thinking..This is a win,win for the offline consumer.To use or play every team in the game at varying difficulties at 20 min intervals would probably take you a year or more in exhibition mode.Then you’ve got pvp.

It’s a blow job of a tech demo..at zero cost..

Not my though video flipper.

Arsenal is always unbeatable 😉cant help you at all.i get crushed on legend difficulty no matter what team i face
Could not beat them for the life of mine so far.
Its either tie or beat me with one goal. Even with Real :CURSE: but it always feel like if im patient and dont make mistakes its doable.

However i still dont understand how to dribble effectively, i just get disposessed or somebody catches up with me. Also i wish i know how the ai tackles, because it always pushes me off the ball easily with the slightest touch but i cant hold the ai up with anyone.

I've been toying around with this a little this weekend, I find it entertaining as I havent played a PES game in around 3 years. I am still pretty bad at it (somewhere between professional and top player).

I dont really understand the players/cards I get for my team, apparently I can create a team and play a league so I was going to create Milan and buy the players, however they just throw tickets at me and I already have 2 messis and a bunch of highly rated players and if I basically blink, they give me more tickets for 5 star players. Im just releasing a bunch and trying to buy the actual Milan team to do the league. Again, the UI is terrible in the game, graphics are incredibly shitty but it can be enjoyable for a few games here and there.

It might be because I suck bu on higher difficulties I do feel scripting? or everything goes the AI way? or maybe its because they change tactics but some plays are BS.

I've been toying around with this a little this weekend, I find it entertaining as I havent played a PES game in around 3 years. I am still pretty bad at it (somewhere between professional and top player).

I dont really understand the players/cards I get for my team, apparently I can create a team and play a league so I was going to create Milan and buy the players, however they just throw tickets at me and I already have 2 messis and a bunch of highly rated players and if I basically blink, they give me more tickets for 5 star players. Im just releasing a bunch and trying to buy the actual Milan team to do the league. Again, the UI is terrible in the game, graphics are incredibly shitty but it can be enjoyable for a few games here and there.

It might be because I suck bu on higher difficulties I do feel scripting? or everything goes the AI way? or maybe its because they change tactics but some plays are BS.
I feel like I'm around the same skill level as you. I've done a fair few matches in Top Player, and not won a single one. I tried pass assist, but it was too limiting, so went back to manual which actually felt much better.

Regards to scripting, there may be some. I have AI on random form. One match, I scored an OG, but then put 4 goals past them in the first half, so I'm leading 4-1 at HT, AI not a single shot on goal. Second half, they score pretty much immediately. End of the game 4-4. I had another game where I took a lead late on, that too finished in a draw. Maybe it's also a lack of defensive skill on my part, but there are times the AI 'feel' unstoppable

After weekend playtime I must say that if we got full offline package like we used to have with PES releases in the past, with the current 4.0 version, I would be so back to PES :CRY:even with that 💩 graphics & performance. What I also realized, there's almost non (if at all) skating, unless you pause game, go to reply zoom in a lot and watch closely to cherry pick some stuff, but from gameplay camera I can't recall single skating scenario, which I can't believe to the level that I start to think I must have missed that somehow.

After weekend playtime I must say that if we got full offline package like we used to have with PES releases in the past, with the current 4.0 version, I would be so back to PES :CRY:even with that 💩 graphics & performance. What I also realized, there's almost non (if at all) skating, unless you pause game, go to reply zoom in a lot and watch closely to cherry pick some stuff, but from gameplay camera I can't recall single skating scenario, which I can't believe to the level that I start to think I must have missed that somehow.
Next to the graphics, the skating is actually my biggest gripe, well, at least, i perceive it as skating. Player movement is more refined, consistent and logical then in previous versions but it still needs to be tightened up. Its hard to put my finger on it but the result is a slight feeling of detachment due to subtle unnatural movements here and there, especially in duels. It could be just me needing to adjust to the controls but I think its more then that. On the one hand I feel the responsiveness is improved but I still cant help feeling like I am playing on a somewhat soapy field. Maybe if l hook up my PS4 controller instead of my 8bitdo it feels better, will try tonight.

I'm reading some praises for PES 2021 again... Once again the game for me is absolutely nothing compared to efootball... If it was really a "goat" more people would be playing this game not just a handful of people.

OK, I downloaded the game to my PS4 and played a few games. My conclusion: I'll stick with my PS2 and PES2003.
But hey, I'll leave the game on my hard drive and I'll definitely play this efootball thing from time to time.
maybe I'm too old for this modern stuff...
greeting

OK, I downloaded the game to my PS4 and played a few games. My conclusion: I'll stick with my PS2 and PES2003.
But hey, I'll leave the game on my hard drive and I'll definitely play this efootball thing from time to time.
maybe I'm too old for this modern stuff...
greeting
What game is Pes 2003?

I'm reading some praises for PES 2021 again... Once again the game for me is absolutely nothing compared to efootball... If it was really a "goat" more people would be playing this game not just a handful of people.

I'm no huge fan of eFootball but I am also confused by the amount of love PES 2021 gets. It's what undermines the whole 'we want PES back' thing. There's no accord over which/what PES people want back.

Version 4 reminds me more of pes in its hay-day,or how it used to play in my mind back then.Although to be honest I haven’t played the ps2 versions in years.Its the ball momentum and how walking direction and passing/shootng feels like your on a 8/16 directional plain.Theres that flow and anything can happen nature to the gameplay.

The Ai is absoluty ruthless on superstar/legend.If you dont hold the line at the back and allow the cpu to drag your teamates at of position it will just spank you.Theres a risk and reward to everything.

As a member of generation X.A older statesmen and father of two young adults.I haven’t got the time or energy for the toxic online sandbox.Or predatory pay to win gaming.I just want to relax and flex my skills offline.This gives me something to enjoy in the Hope longterm.ML becomes a commodity again.

It doesn’t take away the love I have for pes5,14,17 modded 21 or fifa 14 and 16.

I'm no huge fan of eFootball but I am also confused by the amount of love PES 2021 gets. It's what undermines the whole 'we want PES back' thing. There's no accord over which/what PES people want back.
I think when people say they want PES back they don't mean any particular edition, just that they want PES back. An actual game, not a mobile demo.

I'm very surprised how much love does this eFootball is getting.
There is literally nothing in this game which would make gameplay standing out. When people compare this to PS2 era - I'm shocked.
AI hadn't surprise me in the slightest in eFootball. It's just more responsive, equally predictable and much more shitty looking Pes21.

I have been playing Pes5 and Pes13 lately and if anybody thinks AI is some next level on eFootball - I recommend checking older titles. Even Pes17 had more interesting AI than this.

Between this and FC25 not sure what I'll do. Fc comes out this week so will use the ea trial to test it.

Enjoying this demo a little bit but with nothing to do offline it will get stale fast

I think when people say they want PES back they don't mean any particular edition, just that they want PES back. An actual game, not a mobile demo.

There is literally nothing in this game which would make gameplay standing out. When people compare this to PS2 era - I'm shocked.
AI hadn't surprise me in the slightest in eFootball. It's just more responsive, equally predictable and much more shitty looking Pes21.

I have been playing Pes5 and Pes13 lately and if anybody thinks AI is some next level on eFootball - I recommend checking older titles. Even Pes17 had more interesting AI than this.
Agreed. Although I was a little overly harsh on this before. It is decent but only if you play with manual passing, otherwise the ball is on rails too much. It's far from a good game though, even if it had ML etc. As yeah AI are boring and too robotic on Superstar and above. And even on manual passing the players don't react to many loose balls, it's like they forget it's there. And too often players just stop moving for no reason which means AI can just run and get the ball unopposed. And there isn't enough variety in shot/goal types and attacking patterns. It's all seen one goal, seen them all. I'd play any PS1 ISS or PS2 PES over this.

I’d wager as we wright some pc gamer is or has already cracked the exe and this will be modded and archived.I certainly think it’s good template for a modern foootball game.

No ones holding a gun to anyone’s head and I wish ea would follow suit and have exhibition fully unlocked and free to play.Its not like there making billions too farming UT.

Games always resonate differently when they release with different people at different times.There’s plenty of pes and FIFA’s that are considered classic now.That weren’t really well received at launch.

I’d ague the finer details suggest there is a development team here that care about there ip and the execution of football fundamentals.I worry ea have lost there sense of what that really is right now.The online GACHA side of Efootbal is corporate.I don’t think that’s the developers.

The beauty is we already have a legacy or catalogue of great football games,to draw on.I just sit in that position of playing those older games to death.And aside of pvp offline.Theres no real challenge in those games now.

IMO, I think a lot of the love PES 2021 (rightly) gets is due to the massive number of gameplay mods which I believe do change and improve the gameplay significantly. I've played with many different combinations and I'm always surprised at how much the community is still creating and how the game has continued to change and evolve, at least in the PC community.

Even if efootball's gameplay keeps improving, I just can't get as excited about playing without a sense of story and continuity. It really detracts from the immersion for me. But hey, different strokes for different folks I guess. 🤷‍♂️

Evening all, after reading comments here I gave efootball another go and yes the gameplay has slightly improved and AI is decent ish. But seriously even with mods the graphics look like PS2 level! Is that just me seeing that?

But seriously even with mods the graphics look like PS2 level! Is that just me seeing that?
No. I was actually shocked how bad it looks and till this day I don't understand what happened, coz when I last tried it I actually thought it looked ok...ish
Now it's literally mobile game on PS5.

IMO, I think a lot of the love PES 2021 (rightly) gets is due to the massive number of gameplay mods
I don't think it's just that.
Pes21 was one of the best PES games when you were on the ball. Manual passing feels fantastic on it.
It had fundamentals to become epic. If they continued to build on it, improved AI variety and individuality, fixed referee decisions and player awareness - this would be best PES ever made.
I have been playing lots of footy games recently both old and new and none of them feel as good on the ball.

Mods can not address any of the issues related to AI variety, Referees or player awareness. Those are core elements only Konami can tweak
A lot of new gameplays implement more fouls. In fact, Holland has a .cpk which specifically adds more fouls to the game, and his newest gameplays implement this as well.

Also, many gameplay mods add more variety to the CPU attack. A quick look at this thread gives a lot of good combinations.

Sure there are things that are hardcoded, but I believe new behaviors are being discovered by modders all the time. Cheers.

A lot of new gameplays implement more fouls. In fact, Holland has a .cpk which specifically adds more fouls to the game, and his newest gameplays implement this as well.

Also, many gameplay mods add more variety to the CPU attack. A quick look at this thread gives a lot of good combinations.

Sure there are things that are hardcoded, but I believe new behaviors are being discovered by modders all the time. Cheers.
Most of these mods fix few things and break many others. Tried a lot of them never was impressed by any

Back
Top Bottom