eFootball (All Platforms)

The only thing I don't like is the partially new graphics. I noticed it the most on Giuseppe Meazza, where I played the most, from the match camera it looks simply ugly compared to what was before. The image is too "washed out", blurred, there are fewer details on the pitch.

Control is definetly much better, what i noticed konami nerfed superstar AI a bit. It plays more "human" now with passing mistake here & there. They nerfed AI dribbling & tiki taka is back on menu. Midfield is almost empty. An improved version of pes 21 gameplay, that's how i feel :CONF:

Ref still ass though. Definetly need more games to try but so far i'm dissapointed with v4.0 AI. They really need to fix the lighting, from far away it still like a mobile game but when its zoom in the graphic is good.

Speaking of does anyone still have dt270_console_all.cpk from 2022 or 2023 ?

Ok im quoting myself here & i only comment about the AI (superstar)

After playing few games i'd say midfield is definetly better than pes 21 not as good as pes 14. They just need to bring back AI dribbling & feint on 1v1 situation cause this update is ass. I think what's missing from new gen of pes compare to ps2 era was how often a full back drive from their area into final third, surprsingly almost no one bring this up.

I love the active pressure from defenders when close to an attacker. And the attacker reacting to it trying to fend him off and shielding the ball. Duels look very realistic just like back in the 0.9.1 days with Physical Defending. Playing strong players like old card Ibrahimovic who have high dribbling and high physical contact feel so good.

4.0 skill gap test and impressions.

Skill gap test is done by playing with lower rated players mainly 3\* and 4\* and by measuring how my skill can influence the match.

Skill Gap result:

Defending: requires low skill as 1 button (match up) can do it all, auto sprint, tackle, movement, whatever, smart assist does very little in defending compared to attack. When the inertia is activated it actually requires more skill but i don't feel inertia is present in this game enough.

Attacking: Dumb through passes and stunning spam are still a thing, in general i don't feel like the current versions rewards skill as it used to be, rebounds and weird animations can decide a game. Dribbling doesn't feel that good against the auto defending specially when there is no inertia.

Handicap: It does feel in some matches like the players are stuck and can't dribble, run quick enough, there is also the interactions problem where they feel stuck.

Players: Worse than EF 22, 23, 24 release versions, and has some features very similar to low skill gap versions like 2.4,3.4. I feel like this game favours more all-arounded players to deal with most of situations with at least some decent speed. Limited players like Ibra or Iniesta are harder to use than previous release versions.

Match Results: more positive ones, but i never felt like i had the control of the match in my hands, players get too much stuck in animations in this version.

Comparing to other efootballs release versions so far, EF 25 is the worse release version when it comes to skill gap.

Most of the problems related above happens even when using a good team.

Quick Impressions of Playstyles:

Possession Game playstyle is not good right now, the high line is a problem as there is always some random defender man marking a forward and breaking the line, the positioning is bad in transitions against counters. Offensively DLF are often stuck, Wingers are stuck at the sides. Possession was very good in EF 23 and EF 24 release (without FBs or anchor FB). This feels worse than the buggy EF 22 version.

Out Wide playstyle is very good and a better option if you want to play a possession based playstyle, the AI can still do some shit like the defenders spinning like crazy.

QC still has the most AI auto pressing, smart assist? It shares some of the high problem with Possession but to a less extent.

LBC has less problems when defending as defenders in a low line appear to spin less and have a better positioning.

General impressions of the game:

* Servers are bad in co-op, heavier than EF 23.
* I'm not sure but it appears Smart Assist can have some effect on the opponent team, some matches that i played in co-op our players were stuck very often in animations and felt heavy to dribble.
* Players are in some frequency losing the timing of aerial duels and jumping in the wrong place and time, EF 23 had random aerial duels but the timing at least was good.
* Headers physics are still random and scripted, it's v4.0 and we still have the baloon physics headers.
* Auto shielding is much better to look than manual shielding but it can be weird and needs improvements, they could have tested it more before releasing.
* Finesse dribbling is fine, but i think they should have kept the old one as optional because the current one has limited usage and needs the player to face the goal.
* Tackling range and interceptions range sometimes appears to have been decreased, similar but to a less extent when compared to EF 24 release.
* Collisions and interactions between players can be very buggy. Attackers can pass right trough defenders when shielding glitches. Sometimes the players will be stuck and take a while to move.
* Freezing is reduced but sometimes its still happens, at least right now there is some form of counter-press.
* Ball often rebounds between players because of the lack of animation triggering but at least the ball doesn't pass right through their legs.
* Inertia is back at some form but it's not always and not frequent enough to be good, i wish it was frequent when you mistep defenders with feints/dribbles.
* Some feints sometimes make the player stuck like scissors feint.
* Turning sometimes is very slow and unresponsive, worse than EF 24 i guess.
* Defending in this game even in 1v1 already has "smart assist on", i face a bunch of players that are only holding LT/L2 for the whole match.
* Match Up assisted movement helps with blocking passing lanes, dealing with dribbling and reducing the inertia effect. One of the worst things that has happened since v2.4.
* Match up assisted movement can also ruin your intended zone cover and passing lane block as it doesn't make the player move to where you want.
* Double Press is still based on reading inputs.
* AI doesn't appear to read inputs in the same frequency as it was in EF 24.
* The usage of shielding by defenders to block runs to through passes are good to see.
* Passing is very automatic even in PA3, they still haven't fixed that shit EF 24 system, another basic thing that used to be better.
* Ping pong, 180 degree passes, are all still in the game and more accurate than it should.
* Ball Control is still bad, why they can't revert it to v1.0 or v2.0?
* Dash Dribbling is not responsive and the players take a long time to accelerate, quick change of pace used to be a trademark of this game in v1.0 and v2.0, with the current inertia effect this doesn't feel right.
* Speed very often appears to be useless as every player feels heavy and slow even without the ball.
* Speed is very inconsistent as in the same match a player can randomly run quicker and randomly run slower, nothing shows this is based on fatigue as in one co-op match Denilson at 60 min mark started being responsive and fast with the ball.
* Sharp touches can be used much better in the current version when the game let's you to.
* Shielding can be triggered at the worst times making the player be stuck in animations and not trigger the intended move like a pass. It can also ruins dribbling.
* Game doesn't feel responsive with all the animation stuck issues even in matches with supposedly good connection.

Final impression:

Probably the worst release version this game ever had. Konami never fixes their game after release so i'm not optimistic with the next patches unless the problems can be fixed with the servers becoming more stable. I don't expect a good year for gameplay and it will become worse once they add smart assist to other modes, co-op is already ruined by it. If this game doesn't randomly improve by second week it's a good time to leave the game.

Warning: Just like the positive reviews of 3.4 (the worst update this game ever had) i expect things to stable by second week and people realize the many problems this game has.

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/eFootball/s/DpNsVdo64r

4.0 skill gap test and impressions.

Skill gap test is done by playing with lower rated players mainly 3\* and 4\* and by measuring how my skill can influence the match.

Skill Gap result:

Defending: requires low skill as 1 button (match up) can do it all, auto sprint, tackle, movement, whatever, smart assist does very little in defending compared to attack. When the inertia is activated it actually requires more skill but i don't feel inertia is present in this game enough.

Attacking: Dumb through passes and stunning spam are still a thing, in general i don't feel like the current versions rewards skill as it used to be, rebounds and weird animations can decide a game. Dribbling doesn't feel that good against the auto defending specially when there is no inertia.

Handicap: It does feel in some matches like the players are stuck and can't dribble, run quick enough, there is also the interactions problem where they feel stuck.

Players: Worse than EF 22, 23, 24 release versions, and has some features very similar to low skill gap versions like 2.4,3.4. I feel like this game favours more all-arounded players to deal with most of situations with at least some decent speed. Limited players like Ibra or Iniesta are harder to use than previous release versions.

Match Results: more positive ones, but i never felt like i had the control of the match in my hands, players get too much stuck in animations in this version.

Comparing to other efootballs release versions so far, EF 25 is the worse release version when it comes to skill gap.

Most of the problems related above happens even when using a good team.

Quick Impressions of Playstyles:

Possession Game playstyle is not good right now, the high line is a problem as there is always some random defender man marking a forward and breaking the line, the positioning is bad in transitions against counters. Offensively DLF are often stuck, Wingers are stuck at the sides. Possession was very good in EF 23 and EF 24 release (without FBs or anchor FB). This feels worse than the buggy EF 22 version.

Out Wide playstyle is very good and a better option if you want to play a possession based playstyle, the AI can still do some shit like the defenders spinning like crazy.

QC still has the most AI auto pressing, smart assist? It shares some of the high problem with Possession but to a less extent.

LBC has less problems when defending as defenders in a low line appear to spin less and have a better positioning.

General impressions of the game:

* Servers are bad in co-op, heavier than EF 23.
* I'm not sure but it appears Smart Assist can have some effect on the opponent team, some matches that i played in co-op our players were stuck very often in animations and felt heavy to dribble.
* Players are in some frequency losing the timing of aerial duels and jumping in the wrong place and time, EF 23 had random aerial duels but the timing at least was good.
* Headers physics are still random and scripted, it's v4.0 and we still have the baloon physics headers.
* Auto shielding is much better to look than manual shielding but it can be weird and needs improvements, they could have tested it more before releasing.
* Finesse dribbling is fine, but i think they should have kept the old one as optional because the current one has limited usage and needs the player to face the goal.
* Tackling range and interceptions range sometimes appears to have been decreased, similar but to a less extent when compared to EF 24 release.
* Collisions and interactions between players can be very buggy. Attackers can pass right trough defenders when shielding glitches. Sometimes the players will be stuck and take a while to move.
* Freezing is reduced but sometimes its still happens, at least right now there is some form of counter-press.
* Ball often rebounds between players because of the lack of animation triggering but at least the ball doesn't pass right through their legs.
* Inertia is back at some form but it's not always and not frequent enough to be good, i wish it was frequent when you mistep defenders with feints/dribbles.
* Some feints sometimes make the player stuck like scissors feint.
* Turning sometimes is very slow and unresponsive, worse than EF 24 i guess.
* Defending in this game even in 1v1 already has "smart assist on", i face a bunch of players that are only holding LT/L2 for the whole match.
* Match Up assisted movement helps with blocking passing lanes, dealing with dribbling and reducing the inertia effect. One of the worst things that has happened since v2.4.
* Match up assisted movement can also ruin your intended zone cover and passing lane block as it doesn't make the player move to where you want.
* Double Press is still based on reading inputs.
* AI doesn't appear to read inputs in the same frequency as it was in EF 24.
* The usage of shielding by defenders to block runs to through passes are good to see.
* Passing is very automatic even in PA3, they still haven't fixed that shit EF 24 system, another basic thing that used to be better.
* Ping pong, 180 degree passes, are all still in the game and more accurate than it should.
* Ball Control is still bad, why they can't revert it to v1.0 or v2.0?
* Dash Dribbling is not responsive and the players take a long time to accelerate, quick change of pace used to be a trademark of this game in v1.0 and v2.0, with the current inertia effect this doesn't feel right.
* Speed very often appears to be useless as every player feels heavy and slow even without the ball.
* Speed is very inconsistent as in the same match a player can randomly run quicker and randomly run slower, nothing shows this is based on fatigue as in one co-op match Denilson at 60 min mark started being responsive and fast with the ball.
* Sharp touches can be used much better in the current version when the game let's you to.
* Shielding can be triggered at the worst times making the player be stuck in animations and not trigger the intended move like a pass. It can also ruins dribbling.
* Game doesn't feel responsive with all the animation stuck issues even in matches with supposedly good connection.

Final impression:

Probably the worst release version this game ever had. Konami never fixes their game after release so i'm not optimistic with the next patches unless the problems can be fixed with the servers becoming more stable. I don't expect a good year for gameplay and it will become worse once they add smart assist to other modes, co-op is already ruined by it. If this game doesn't randomly improve by second week it's a good time to leave the game.

Warning: Just like the positive reviews of 3.4 (the worst update this game ever had) i expect things to stable by second week and people realize the many problems this game has.

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/eFootball/s/DpNsVdo64r

Really enjoyed version 0.9.The version before the update was awful.To fast,to exaggerated and just to easy to play and score.Im talking offline though.

I’m the polar opposite with this update.Fuma,superstarAi,exhibition.Having some real dynamic matches against the AI using the smaller clubs and just playing football.This is quality stuff.

Finesse dribbling looks sketchy if you hold down the button, but finding a quick press or tap as I turn then go back to standard dribble speed or burst away works pretty well and actually looks decent, albeit blink and you'll miss it. A few wee moments with good dribblers weaving through tight scenarios. Pressing finesse dribble as you receive the ball also acts as a tighter stop and face goal, I'm finding.

Feel the new shielding is alright too. Not really got a problem with it being contextual, and isn't as aggressive an implementation as previous years when it was similar, before it was assigned a button prompt for this free-to-play release. Between it and finesse dribbling that is where I find I win free-kick's.

Graphically there has been a slight but welcome bump in fidelity, though you can tell it is a mix of old and newer assets in places. This is on PS5 on a 4k TV, setting the picture to Sports (my TV doesn't drop Game Mode/ALLR when I switch, right enough, which I know some older sets will do) as adds a bit more of a blue-er hue.

Some staduims turfs still too bright in daytime settings, but there are a few that are pretty good to play in (Burg Stadion at daytime/clear my goto). Have ZERO idea why when playing the AI in Dream Team challenges it is always at night (where the lighting quality/colour balance/contrast is way off) and when the game looks it's worst.

It plays pretty excellent v. Legend AI to be honest, with it's warts and all, but it is still very much a pick up and play the odd match offering.

It's a good gameplay update (definite PS2 gameplay vibes) and a better base to work on from what I gather will be a years worth of patching before this time next year. Gonna tread *there* and say that for free it is okay...if all you want to do is play the odd game.

What I still hate:
Everyone just using "Pass and Hope". So many ridiculous through ball passes with no path to the receiver are attempted and PA1 and PA2 are just taking the hand of the player and smuggling the ball to the attacker. Perfect 180° passes, passes from CB over 70m to the CF, passes going through 3 defenders, passes where the defender walks right next to the ball just watching until the attacker takes it.

I wish Konami would just remove PA1 and PA2 from the game and tell those people if they need assistance, they should use smart assist and play offline.

Yep, finesse dribbling looks shit..looks unnatural, and hence i wont touch it.

Yeh pes21 is the goat..agreed..and with Hollands real pes2025 gp mod..whoooa. GP feels so balanced..and this is on Legend.

But..i do see and feel aspects of efootball (2025) that are better. That on the ball feeling in efootball, specifically the response and fluidity is better and more realistic to me. Pes2021 feels more on rails in comparison. Efootball also has superior ball physics...passing and shooting is realistically more zippier in efootball than in pes2021.

With exhibition mode fully open, and with the amazing modders (to patch teams.and kits etc) ill be on efootball for the next few weeks.
No doubt, I've played a few earlier versions and each time the overall smoothness is what got me to continue playing for a few matches, its actually pretty satisfying to string a few passes together, yet in the end there was just too much below par to ignore. It also ruins my PES experience a bit when I switch between games, as PES then feels quite a bit more rigid indeed so in the end I just removed it from my PS4.

I am just so in tune with the the more rigid timings of PES and how its absolutely merciless and predictable to a fault on fuma/legendary. The game makes you work for for those spare moments where you can escape that on rails feeling and I mostly just love that conversation with the game engine. To me it just never gets dull somehow, despite not having won a single game out of my last +/- 50 matches (playing Sampdoria vs Fiorentina).

You know what, i think i am going to install eF on PC tonight and give it another go, just to have a more casual option on the side.

Last edited:
I’m playing a lot of myleague, really wish there was an edit mode for the kits.

What’s everyone’s thought on difficulty? Feeling like Legend is needed for overall challenge, but teams are equally difficult rather than weak ones being worse.

I feel the same way. OK, thanks for all those teams in quick match mode, but... no fighting for league position, promotions, relegations... Unlocking all teams doesn't change much here when there's no progress.

Not only on xbox sersies, it's literally every single platform. The game is ugly and performance is 💩 Lightning is horrible, sometimes I wonder if there's any lightning implemented at all, player models are 💩 as well, as many mentioned already, it looks like a mobile game literally. However, the game looks decent in cutscenes, still not what I would expect but at least decent, but fps drops 2x/3x in cutscenes and who cares about cutscenes, why on earth can't we have that level of details in normal gameplay in 2024?
Having said that, I gotta admit that the more I play the more I like animations & the defending gameplay, it is so fun & good to be off the ball and try to steal the ball, can't recall when PES had such good defending gameplay. I also like contextual shielding, I know there are plenty of ppl hating that, they prefer to do that manually by pressing some dedicated button, but I actually love contextual stuff. The more contextual & stats based gameplay mechanics the better I believe, Instead of pressing some mortal kombat combos with buttons/analogues which can be also abused, that's why I like this new smart assist mode as well so much.

Last edited:
Has anyone managed to beat Arsenal on Legend? This game is incredibly hard but i dont feel the scripted cheating really like in PES21 and prior games.

And i dont think i know how to shield the ball efficiently, shouldnt be contextual and stat based? Because i just get bullied off the ball or got hold up until the rest of the opposition arrives to take it off from me.

Has anyone managed to beat Arsenal on Legend? This game is incredibly hard but i dont feel the scripted cheating really like in PES21 and prior games.

And i dont think i know how to shield the ball efficiently, shouldnt be contextual and stat based? Because i just get bullied off the ball or got hold up until the rest of the opposition arrives to take it off from me.
Arsenal is always unbeatable 😉cant help you at all.i get crushed on legend difficulty no matter what team i face

Not only on xbox sersies, it's literally every single platform. The game is ugly and performance is 💩 Lightning is horrible, sometimes I wonder if there's any lightning implemented at all, player models are 💩 as well, as many mentioned already, it looks like a mobile game literally. However, the game looks decent in cutscenes, still not what I would expect but at least decent, but fps drops 2x/3x in cutscenes and who cares about cutscenes, why on earth can't we have that level of details in normal gameplay in 2024?
Having said that, I gotta admit that the more I play the more I like animations & the defending gameplay, it is so fun & good to be off the ball and try to steal the ball, can't recall when PES had such good defending gameplay. I also like contextual shielding, I know there are plenty of ppl hating that, they prefer to do that manually by pressing some dedicated button, but I actually love contextual stuff. The more contextual & stats based gameplay mechanics the better I believe, Instead of pressing some mortal kombat combos with buttons/analogues which can be also abused, that's why I like this new smart assist mode as well so much.
I’m the same.Want to find a excuse or flaw.Something that makes me want go back to modded Pes21,14,fifa16 for another year.Bemoaning the demise of the genre and how much its regressed.

This is different though.From outfield players cutting in,changing direction(while moving forward)to recieve lofted/ground passes perfectly weighted and put into the tiny or big spaces.Rather then the rigid strait arrow runs of Pes21.Its the weight of the ball.The feel and consistency of passing and shooting.The variety and how retaining the ball and trying to win it can be equally enjoyable.Theres 50/50’s all over the park and scrambles for loose balls that are winnable and make everything feel more dynamic.Heading the ball is a viable weapon and defensive mechanism all over the park.Leading to and creating so many outcomes or opportunities.

There’s also a real intelligence to the cpu and teamate AI of the game.Both interms awareness and how it moves and reacts in different phases of play.The individuality and how certain players can just control the game and make everythig gel and click.

I don’t want to be to hyperbole.A lot of the good could regress after a update.Im also talking exhibition,offline only.

Konami haven’t lost the ability to make a top football game.The gameplay towers above anything else on the market.

Last edited:
Can somebody tell me what "Path to glory" is? I didnt played this game for years and i dont play online at all. It must be some online mode.

No doubt, I've played a few earlier versions and each time the overall smoothness is what got me to continue playing for a few matches, its actually pretty satisfying to string a few passes together, yet in the end there was just too much below par to ignore. It also ruins my PES experience a bit when I switch between games, as PES then feels quite a bit more rigid indeed so in the end I just removed it from my PS4.

I am just so in tune with the the more rigid timings of PES and how its absolutely merciless and predictable to a fault on fuma/legendary. The game makes you work for for those spare moments where you can escape that on rails feeling and I mostly just love that conversation with the game engine. To me it just never gets dull somehow, despite not having won a single game out of my last +/- 50 matches (playing Sampdoria vs Fiorentina).

You know what, i think i am going to install eF on PC tonight and give it another go, just to have a more casual option on the side.
Not bad, not bad at all. Much more refined then before. Not quite there yet, but on the right track. I will have to spend more time with it, see if it will grow on me. The overal feeling I get is that it feels very responsive, direct and smooth but at the same there is a certain detachment which reminds me of playing FIFA and probably has to do with foot planting and clipping. The poor lightning, shadows and pitch textures do not help either in creating the illusion of solidness of the objects in the game world. But there is a game here and I am actually looking forward to test out some teams and stadiums.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom