eFootball (All Platforms)

The goalkeepers def need some work but the animations i saw where nice. I play on fuma so i miss a lot of shots but i still noticed it. One huge plus is finesse shots on fuma are more accurate now. Also some nice tap in and heading animations. I miss manual shielding though. I used it a lot and now i feel like its pure randomness.
It's based on player stats now rather than a button, which is better for me. The less button combos the better, stats should mean something.

I don't know what happened, maybe it it's just coz I never player Pes21 and eFootball one after another, or maybe it's this new update, but after one match on Pes21 (without mods, PS5) - I was shocked how bad eFootball looked.
It really looks like mobile game now. Everything is so simplified - crowd, pitch, player figures, animations..
I don't remember it being this obvious before this update.
Cutscenes look good, but the actual gameplay on the pitch reminds me first Pro Evolution Game, where players were unnaturally skinny, simple and stiff.
And even tho the game is responsive and AI is decent - coming from Pes21 I couldn't even finish one match. It looks awful!

I don't know what happened, maybe it it's just coz I never player Pes21 and eFootball one after another, or maybe it's this new update, but after one match on Pes21 (without mods, PS5) - I was shocked how bad eFootball looked.
It really looks like mobile game now. Everything is so simplified - crowd, pitch, player figures, animations..
Cutscenes look good, but the actual gameplay on the pitch reminds me first Pro Evolution Game, where players were unnaturally skinny, simple and stiff.
And even tho the game is responsive and AI is decent - coming from Pes21 I couldn't even finish one match. It looks awful!
Yeah that's my biggest problem with it, it feels stiff.

ISS Pro Evo 1 on PS1 is a better game than this, way better. In that game you can score so many types of goal and it feels really satisfying. The AI on highest difficulty is great and you can actually defend.

Tell you what. Someone post how they scored a goal on Superstar or above that wasn't just a cross or a no touches passing move, or a 1-2 and I'll give you $100. Actually just show me an attacker running shoulder to shoulder with a defender to maybe be through on goal and then NOT stalling for no reason at all once you play the chipped through ball, maybe regular through ball too I do't remember, I deleted it. Shooting feels ok, but I just tap the button and the ball goes flying over, too sensitive. It's same moves all the time, all feels so robotic. Biggest annoyance is when players keep freezing for a second, for no reason at all.

I don't mind this actually, yeah it has a bunch of issues but if it was a PES release I would be optimistic about them being fixed. If the game had offline modes I would give it a proper go to see if I would adjust to it, because it is quite different and not always in a bad way.

As it stands though, a few games played will be enough, apart from maybe an online game or two if any of my mates download it.

Just spent 2hrs playing pes2021 with Hollands new real pes 2025 GP mod...fk its good. Ai is the best ive ever seen...Full manual on Legend.

Anyways, played efootball (2025) immediately after..for about 30mins. Immediately noticeable was the fact it is faster and more zippier than pes2021...but in a good way. Its more responsive, more fluid and less on rails. Yeah pes21 has more variations with ai shots etc, but efootball definitely feels better on the ball, dribbling, moving, sprinting etc.
Oh, and the passing and shots are realiscally more zippier than pes21..ball physics are more realistic in efootball in regards to momentum. Anyways, i.was surprised how good efootball felt after playing the awesome pes21+Holland GP mod.

Oh, someone mentioned the finesse shots were finally more accurate in full manual mode..its true...great addition, and about time. Still sucked in pes21.

Finally, i discovered there is a new training skills mode where you try to complete missions. Similar to in pes21. Have you guys seen it?..pretty cool and enjoyable. And its done in your saved gameplay cam view (can be alted.in settings menu). You couldn't do this in pes21...training skill missons where only available in stadium mode.

Skipped trough the thetruebits 4.0 stream from last night. Some gameplay actually looked decent. Then he did some 'finesse dribbling' and i turned it off. Guess I'll stick with PES2021, which btw is still the greatest game in the universe.
Yep, finesse dribbling looks shit..looks unnatural, and hence i wont touch it.

Yeh pes21 is the goat..agreed..and with Hollands real pes2025 gp mod..whoooa. GP feels so balanced..and this is on Legend.

But..i do see and feel aspects of efootball (2025) that are better. That on the ball feeling in efootball, specifically the response and fluidity is better and more realistic to me. Pes2021 feels more on rails in comparison. Efootball also has superior ball physics...passing and shooting is realistically more zippier in efootball than in pes2021.

With exhibition mode fully open, and with the amazing modders (to patch teams.and kits etc) ill be on efootball for the next few weeks.

Really disappointed with this update 😒 To be clear, I wasn't expecting anything but on the odd occasion is did play the game, I really enjoyed the fundamentals. All of that seems to have gone out the window in this update. I played 2 games on pro, first game the CPU had 2 shots and scored 2 goals which nobody playing for southampton should be scoring 🤣 and the second game, first shot, first goal and at that point i turned it off.

Secondly, there doesn't seem to be anywhere near the level of freedom/organic moments that I had before. I feel like i'm fighting the game rather than playing it. That was the part I was enjoying so much previously and I was playing on Superstar. Maybe I need to play for an extended period and get used to the game again but my initial feeling is that it's regressed a fair bit.

Last edited:

Hey Emroth, get back to your editing! :LOL:

Sorry mate, I couldn't resist :P

Skipped trough the thetruebits 4.0 stream from last night. Some gameplay actually looked decent. Then he did some 'finesse dribbling' and i turned it off. Guess I'll stick with PES2021, which btw is still the greatest game in the universe.
Finesse dribbling looks like something straight out of FIFA/EAFC

So this or fc24 with the sliders adjusted? I've been playing fc24 for the last couple of months, just for a change from pes 21 (well over 1k hours played and just got bored and needed a change).. What's everyone's opinions for the offline player? Not alot to do by the sounds of things.

Really disappointed with this update 😒 To be clear, I wasn't expecting anything but on the odd occasion is did play the game, I really enjoyed the fundamentals. All of that seems to have gone out the window in this update. I played 2 games on pro, first game the CPU had 2 shots and scored 2 goals which nobody playing for southampton should be scoring 🤣 and the second game, first shot, first goal and at that point i turned it off.

Secondly, there doesn't seem to be anywhere near the level of freedom/organic moments that I had before. I feel like i'm fighting the game rather than playing it. That was the part I was enjoying so much previously and I was playing on Superstar. Maybe I need to play for an extended period and get used to the game again but my initial feeling is that it's regressed a fair bit.
Yeah I brought up the goalkeeper issue yesterday. The AI score with pretty much any shot on target and on the rare occasion they don't score, it leads to my keeper deflecting the ball out to the opposition for them to score from the rebound. I had another shot squirm under my keepers body for a soft goal and another bounce off him up onto the crossbar then down onto my defender for an own goal. I am fine having the keepers make realistic errors, but this was twice in the space of the 3 games I played on Professional.

The AI shot variation was decent though. They scored from outside the area, placed low into the corner, a belter into the top corner from inside the area, but the goals to shots percentage was about 90% I reckon and as I said most saves led to rebounds being scored.

DO A FAVOUR for yourself and get onto the game. Now. And play exhibition. All teams and all settings are unlocked.

- The AI is really the best and most balanced even on Legend from what i have ever seen. Makes passing mistakes, dribbles with the right players, shoots from varied situations, passes everywhere depending on situation. It very much plays like a human who is aware of all the possibilities on the pitch but yet can make errors.
- Gameplay is like a PS2 game now. The passing is so stiff and the interceptions are turned up, so you have to work around the pitch very much like in the 8 - 16 passing direction era. Dribbling is pretty good, not always super efficient because you still have to time the dribble against an avg defender too. Shooting and goalies as mentioned...i dont know. It feels right that i can sometimes score from outside the box a daisy cutter finally and its not a super human keeper in front of me. But i also had many shots going wide because the shot error turned up. Also again, its very difficult to create chances. I would recommend going over 10 min match time.
- About pretty much the last thing, fouls. I just wanted to say i played my first three games almost without them but then the fourth game i played with Real vs a smaller spanish side to see if i can dominate them ( i did). And yes there were fouls in this scenario.

SOMEBODY PLEASE SAVE THIS EXE ON PC. Once we get the ML would be great to use this for a future mod as im sure this will be updated to water down the sim elements.

Also guys, how to shield the ball more efficiently now? Dont get me wrong i love that i cant abuse the direct pass to my striker as either it get intercepted or he gets pushed off the ball before turning anywhere, but sometimes i feel like in other situations with bigger players or with more nimble players in certain situations i should be getting out of the physical battle somehow. I just maybe missing a game mechanic.

(also dont waste yourself with online, all these sim elements are out the window because the highly OP cards break the game rules)

I gotta be honest. I downloaded the game again and played the club event online and it was quite good. Manual passing/basic shooting. You choose a team and “loan” their players to your dream team or whatever the heck it’s called. They get stats between 91-98 (?) but it’s still better than the insane teams people have where every player has over 100 in overall rating running around like Lee Bowyer on steriods. Add the highest passing assistance to that and you’re basically a spectator when playing these teams. But as soon as you face someone with a lesser team (although the average rating still is around 94 lol) the game opens up and get pretty nice.

For me who doesn’t get anything out of playing the AI (especially in just exhibition games) this game would be pretty good if we could use the real teams and play online. Like online divisions before. I’d gladly pay a couple of bucks for that. But yeah, not likely I guess.

DO A FAVOUR for yourself and get onto the game. Now. And play exhibition. All teams and all settings are unlocked.

- The AI is really the best and most balanced even on Legend from what i have ever seen. Makes passing mistakes, dribbles with the right players, shoots from varied situations, passes everywhere depending on situation. It very much plays like a human who is aware of all the possibilities on the pitch but yet can make errors.
- Gameplay is like a PS2 game now. The passing is so stiff and the interceptions are turned up, so you have to work around the pitch very much like in the 8 - 16 passing direction era. Dribbling is pretty good, not always super efficient because you still have to time the dribble against an avg defender too. Shooting and goalies as mentioned...i dont know. It feels right that i can sometimes score from outside the box a daisy cutter finally and its not a super human keeper in front of me. But i also had many shots going wide because the shot error turned up. Also again, its very difficult to create chances. I would recommend going over 10 min match time.
- About pretty much the last thing, fouls. I just wanted to say i played my first three games almost without them but then the fourth game i played with Real vs a smaller spanish side to see if i can dominate them ( i did). And yes there were fouls in this scenario.

SOMEBODY PLEASE SAVE THIS EXE ON PC. Once we get the ML would be great to use this for a future mod as im sure this will be updated to water down the sim elements.

Also guys, how to shield the ball more efficiently now? Dont get me wrong i love that i cant abuse the direct pass to my striker as either it get intercepted or he gets pushed off the ball before turning anywhere, but sometimes i feel like in other situations with bigger players or with more nimble players in certain situations i should be getting out of the physical battle somehow. I just maybe missing a game mechanic.

(also dont waste yourself with online, all these sim elements are out the window because the highly OP cards break the game rules)
Agree with most of that. After playing pes2021 + Hollands latest and greatest mod, and knowing i can always go to that for enjoyment particularly with the AI being so awesome and realistic.... I have to say, when i played this efootball (2025).. it is next level.. next level up from pes21. Things just feel better and more realistic on the ball..and the ball physics themselves are realistically more zippy than in pes21. Love it.

Im happy with Exhibition, Legend is awesome - not too hard, where the cpu cheats, and Im seeing regular mistakes or opportunities to intercept when pressing in defense correctly, and cutting of lines in groups. I also play full manual.. which is just brilliant. Could never go back to any assistance at all.

And yes.. i can confirm the R2 finesse shot (i use r1 for sprinting, even though its not analog as this is my preferred pes21 format) on full manual is actually working properly where it starts curling from where you aim, unlike not being fixed since pe15 until just now. Good stuff!!

All we need now are leagues, cups and ML via a dlc.. i reckon thats why theyve opened up Exhibition now.. as i think soon (just a prediction, nothing more) some dlc's will hit the steam store. Ill happily buy it.. haven't spend a cent on this game, but how good things are playing now, id happily pay for a full offline content game...

My 2cents about the update:
Gameplay now is different. It's fast, responsive, it feels much more random and the sense of freedom is higher.
Is it better than the previous version. Sure.
Bu now t it's clearly a video game. Any sense of realism (like the v0.9) has been thrown out of the window.
The direction is a highly competive video game, and it's clear now more than ever.
Commenting on that basis, the game is very good. It feels right, it plays right.
But that's not what Konami originally promised back in 2022 with the unique but flawed v0.9.
The animation detail, the feel of inertia/momentum was second to none.

Agree with most of that. After playing pes2021 + Hollands latest and greatest mod, and knowing i can always go to that for enjoyment particularly with the AI being so awesome and realistic.... I have to say, when i played this efootball (2025).. it is next level.. next level up from pes21. Things just feel better and more realistic on the ball..and the ball physics themselves are realistically more zippy than in pes21. Love it.

Im happy with Exhibition, Legend is awesome - not too hard, where the cpu cheats, and Im seeing regular mistakes or opportunities to intercept when pressing in defense correctly, and cutting of lines in groups. I also play full manual.. which is just brilliant. Could never go back to any assistance at all.

And yes.. i can confirm the R2 finesse shot (i use r1 for sprinting, even though its not analog as this is my preferred pes21 format) on full manual is actually working properly where it starts curling from where you aim, unlike not being fixed since pe15 until just now. Good stuff!!

All we need now are leagues, cups and ML via a dlc.. i reckon thats why theyve opened up Exhibition now.. as i think soon (just a prediction, nothing more) some dlc's will hit the steam store. Ill happily buy it.. haven't spend a cent on this game, but how good things are playing now, id happily pay for a full offline content game...
It's odd you put that, as when I play PES6 on my laptop, it does remind me a lot of when I was playing eFootball the night before/in the morning. I feel that kind of thing too I guess
Although i really played like 4 games vs ai (more done pvp sadly first) i did feel like that. Good to know its not just me.
But i agree we need an ML around this or league at least. Also this game terribly need deeper tactics. Even advanced tactics were removed. We need to go back and break down Pass Support Range/ Defensive Line/ Build Up Speed/etc also Individual Instructions should be back after 18 years. Just rip off Fifa.

By the way we have two game within one.
Really we have current gen faces and previous gen? I wonder how the editing community can deal with this, i hope these special current gen faces are not encrypted in a weird way.

1726310773257.png1726310861042.png

Last edited:
  • Can’t think of a version of pes or Efootball since the ps2 where I’ve had so many one on ones with the keeper.Where going 50/50 with the last man results in winning the ball,or momentum resulting in a easy steal.That leaves me free behind the back line.
  • Keepers our more human,or less able to see the ball if defenders or opposing forwards are in there line of sight.
  • Player or ball momentum is much more pronounced then Pes21.As is general player awareness and reaction.Some may call it automation.But non cursor controlled teamate AI intercepting,blocking or even making a last ditch sliding tackle isn’t a bad thing imo(I’ve seen it a number of times,and as you can’t control 11 players at once.Its better then teamates just dumbly standing there.When you don’t have direct control).
  • Coming off the back of fl24 response and feel is a big step forward and teamates off the ball just read the play better and react.It just feels less on rails.You can build and work the ball better.
  • Fuma player,offline only superstar AI on console and pc.Who strongly dislikes the anti-consumer practises of online gambling and p2w practises.
  • I think the unlocking of exhibition is a nod to the old fan base.And I hope updates don’t ruin what is a better base now and gameplay more akin to pes at its best.
  • For me it’s been modded Pes21,pes14,fifa16 for to long.I’m finding this refreshing.
  • Player models are ugly though,as are some of the faces and general washynes of the visuals.

Anyone can explain why it still looks (visually) like 💩 and runs like 💩 ? 7800X3D + 3080 I can't play comfortable in 4k, plus fps in custscenes drops massively. Maybe the answer is this mobile game scales only to mobile screens fine :P It's 4 times more demanding than cyberpunk 2077.

Same on consoles.It looks fine playing in stadium cam.General animations look more seamless and link better.But the player models in replays and hazy,washy visuals destroy how the game looks while playing.Mobiles are definetly holding it back visually.

At least I like that Smart Assist they added very much, I know manual players are going to hate it, but I like that, less hectict to dribble etc, also seemed like it gives more shooting variety.

Back
Top Bottom