eFootball (All Platforms)

Do we have any idea of when the efootball2025 is supposed to be announced?

The saddest thing is that given the current state of things and how Konami dont have any ambition and just want to maximize profits, we wont see anytime soon the increments of UE 5.4 update.

Shit will be stucked on UE4.0 with 0 advancements to physics (ball/collisions), animations and graphics.

The saddest thing is that given the current state of things and how Konami dont have any ambition and just want to maximize profits, we wont see anytime soon the increments of UE 5.4 update.
That doesn't even break into the top 20 saddest things about this mess

Konami could send a time machine to bring back UE 12 and it would still be sh*t

UFL is going to end efootball on console and it's not even close. Gameplay aside which I know maybe a bit hard to ignore UFL does everything better than efootball does. UFL is a game that is targeted towards FIFA players who might be tired of the yearly releases and scripting and I think it'll do a good job at capturing those fans. My reasons why I think UFL will be a huge slap in the face of konami are simple.
1. UI design and graphics : Now I don't know about you guys but efootball has such an outdated and painful presentation the menus are horrible and that blue and yellow color scheme is disgusting. It just gives the game a cheap look when compared to the sleek design of UFL or EA FC. Both UFL and efootball are running on unreal engine 5 and there shouldn't be this big of a gap in presentation.

te.jpg
FKIpq7EXEAAf9-1.jpeg
GPjrGa_W4AEKdjr.jpeg

2. Fan feedback : Konami is so shit at interacting with the fans do you guys remember efootball radio? or Adam Bhatti and his stupid tweets. Efootball are not really good at communicating with the fans meanwhile the UFL CEO is active on twitter talking to fans he's even interacted with some pes fans and discussed sim vs arcade gameplay. UFL had a discord during the closed beta that's still up where they receive and incoporate fan feedback there was a chemistry system called synergy that was scrapped out of the game because of feedback. Meanwhile efootball still has issues that have been there since launch.

image_widget_aagi0s2ft2q71 copy.jpg
3. Cards, events and transfer systems: Unlike EA FC and Efootball UFL has a unique approach to the way transfers work. You need reputation points to sign players with a rating higher than 80. You can only gain reputation points through playing the game now granted this might change as they open up microtransactions but I don't think it will the loot packs seem to be reserved for the skin mechanic which replaces the stupid special cards. If this stays in place it makes the game more competitive and grindy as the best players will have played the most games. For the events efootball only has the league mode plus the weekly event which usually has a reward of like 50 coins or so. I think UFL will just copy Fifa's events like weekend league and such which already makes it a better experience in my opinion.

4 Efootball's fractured fanbase: Yes we might actually be part of the reason why efotball loses online gamers are fickle they like chasing highs and the next big thing. Look at Fortnite v COD or more recently hell divers. But PES had built a cult following they had dedicated fans who had stayed with them even after pes 8 and pes 14 disaster launches. We are pes legacy players many efootball players don't even know what master league is meanwhile we have a dedicated community that clings on to PES and refuses to let go you can find patches for this season almost all versions of pes. That is the kind of fan konami turned away in search of the credit card fan. Some of us have even stomached the disgrace that is efootball and have found some enjoyment in it in the barebones my league mode. People are still calling for master league even after all these years. This is our time to collectively scream told you so at the likes of Kimura and their delusions of a global online football league powered by crossplay between mobile and console. Efootball is almost 4 years old now it has no hype anymore youtube views are down social media interactions are down they have to make a change and I don't think they can compete in this online space. Just become the offline sports gamers choice there's a huge market for that.
fz6uqb1uil5d1.jpeg

Do we have any idea of when the efootball2025 is supposed to be announced?

Shit will be stucked on UE4.0 with 0 advancements to physics (ball/collisions), animations and graphics.
Last year efootball24 was announced on mid August

UFL is going to end efootball on console and it's not even close. Gameplay aside which I know maybe a bit hard to ignore UFL does everything better than efootball does. UFL is a game that is targeted towards FIFA players who might be tired of the yearly releases and scripting and I think it'll do a good job at capturing those fans. My reasons why I think UFL will be a huge slap in the face of konami are simple.
1. UI design and graphics : Now I don't know about you guys but efootball has such an outdated and painful presentation the menus are horrible and that blue and yellow color scheme is disgusting. It just gives the game a cheap look when compared to the sleek design of UFL or EA FC. Both UFL and efootball are running on unreal engine 5 and there shouldn't be this big of a gap in presentation.

View attachment 284175
View attachment 284176
View attachment 284177

2. Fan feedback : Konami is so shit at interacting with the fans do you guys remember efootball radio? or Adam Bhatti and his stupid tweets. Efootball are not really good at communicating with the fans meanwhile the UFL CEO is active on twitter talking to fans he's even interacted with some pes fans and discussed sim vs arcade gameplay. UFL had a discord during the closed beta that's still up where they receive and incoporate fan feedback there was a chemistry system called synergy that was scrapped out of the game because of feedback. Meanwhile efootball still has issues that have been there since launch.

View attachment 284181
3. Cards, events and transfer systems: Unlike EA FC and Efootball UFL has a unique approach to the way transfers work. You need reputation points to sign players with a rating higher than 80. You can only gain reputation points through playing the game now granted this might change as they open up microtransactions but I don't think it will the loot packs seem to be reserved for the skin mechanic which replaces the stupid special cards. If this stays in place it makes the game more competitive and grindy as the best players will have played the most games. For the events efootball only has the league mode plus the weekly event which usually has a reward of like 50 coins or so. I think UFL will just copy Fifa's events like weekend league and such which already makes it a better experience in my opinion.

4 Efootball's fractured fanbase: Yes we might actually be part of the reason why efotball loses online gamers are fickle they like chasing highs and the next big thing. Look at Fortnite v COD or more recently hell divers. But PES had built a cult following they had dedicated fans who had stayed with them even after pes 8 and pes 14 disaster launches. We are pes legacy players many efootball players don't even know what master league is meanwhile we have a dedicated community that clings on to PES and refuses to let go you can find patches for this season almost all versions of pes. That is the kind of fan konami turned away in search of the credit card fan. Some of us have even stomached the disgrace that is efootball and have found some enjoyment in it in the barebones my league mode. People are still calling for master league even after all these years. This is our time to collectively scream told you so at the likes of Kimura and their delusions of a global online football league powered by crossplay between mobile and console. Efootball is almost 4 years old now it has no hype anymore youtube views are down social media interactions are down they have to make a change and I don't think they can compete in this online space. Just become the offline sports gamers choice there's a huge market for that.
View attachment 284178
Efootball is bullshit

UFL is going to end efootball on console and it's not even close. Gameplay aside which I know maybe a bit hard to ignore UFL does everything better than efootball does.
There is no chance for UFL to beat efootball.
What you forget is a very deep human function. EXPECTATION.
Efootball is better than UFL. I don't like efootball anymore ( I play pes21 heavily modded). But still is a better game.
People are cursing efootball because they have high expectations on that, it's the legendary PES successor, when, about UFL, people think "oh it's cute" because is something new.
If you compare both games, with no bias, efootball has more character, greater depth, mechanics, physics, AI, tactics.
UFL is a lifeless, arcadey, ping pong football game, with heavily assisted laser passing, boring shooting , clunky animations, ok-ish graphics, AI is barely passable, and has nothing to offer.
It TRIES to be a FIFA copycat , but at the end it reminds me of PES 2010.
Efootball is much superior, but we are disappointed because of our expectations.
We all here, have a love-hate relationship with KONAMI.
No UFL, no matter how hard it will try to sell and promote itself, will change that.

Efootball is better than UFL. I don't like efootball anymore ( I play pes21 heavily modded). But still is a better game.
People are cursing efootball because they have high expectations on that, it's the legendary PES successor, when, about UFL, people think "oh it's cute" because is something new.
If you compare both games, with no bias, efootball has more character, greater depth, mechanics, physics, AI, tactics.
UFL is a lifeless, arcadey, ping pong football game, with heavily assisted laser passing, boring shooting , clunky animations, ok-ish graphics, AI is barely passable, and has nothing to offer.
Efootball is much superior, but we are disappointed because of our expectations.
No UFL, no matter how hard it will try to sell and promote itself, will change that.
More hate than love in the last years

Doing my annual pop in here and guess there is no need to download efootball this year either…

A question though, is efooball 2025 gonna be a separate, new, game or just a patch or whatever for the current turd?

Efootball 25, 26, 27... There is not new features anymore is just a Matter of changing number and updating roster without any major feature

Last edited:
But sooner or later they will have to change something, add something... Every game, no matter how good it is, will get boring if there are no changes. Even if I wasn't a player who preferred offline mode, how long could you play a game where you just moved up and down the division? Free points/coins and players will not solve this.

But sooner or later they will have to change something, add something... Every game, no matter how good it is, will get boring if there are no changes. Even if I wasn't a player who preferred offline mode, how long could you play a game where you just moved up and down the division? Free points/coins and players will not solve this.
90% players from mobile and these players does not care offline content

But my post wasn't about that. Even if you prefer to play online, there has to be some variety, some new features, modes, whatever.

We just need the rumored 2k in the mix among other footies and then we might get some proper football competition in about 5 years time down the line. UFL definitely shakes things up but not enough to cause rift like TIF, football kingdom, pes and fifa did back in the days.

You didn't understand what my main argument was yes efootball has higher expectations but that's mainly from us "legacy" fans the online crowd really doesn't care they just want more cards. Yes efootball has better core gameplay but the game is barebones and has been the same for 3 years no new modes to keep players engaged just cards. UFL is new so it'll have more hype on release if they can capture the magic of early days Ultimate team with weekend league and a stable transfer market they'll effectively take away some of efootball's online player base. This beta alone had more players in the ranked mode than efootball has in their league system. And one of the funnier things is that UFL have crossplay at launch while konami has gone quite about their mobile pc console delusions. Efootball is mainly a mobile game now that's their biggest market.

But my post wasn't about that. Even if you prefer to play online, there has to be some variety, some new features, modes, whatever.
That's the most embarrassing thing about this game there's literally nothing to do but collect cards. The league system is boring and repetitive there's no weekend league type event because the game is filled with cheaters. I really don't understand what the point of the game is.

UFL, currently, has a higher chance of getting better, than Efootball does.

One company releases a game for the first time, the other has lied to their playerbase for 20 years and people still buy packs every week.

I know it's had mixed opinions, but I see what Konami are trying to do with the Metal Gear Solid 3 remake, and wish such investment was made in eFootball/PES again.

Makes sense konami isn't doing anything with their licenses aside from making cards. I'm surprised licensed leagues aren't pulling out though. At this point the only license konami cares about is Barcelona and with the current financial situation at Barca I wouldn't be surprised if they are swayed by that EA money.

Makes sense konami isn't doing anything with their licenses aside from making cards. I'm surprised licensed leagues aren't pulling out though. At this point the only license konami cares about is Barcelona and with the current financial situation at Barca I wouldn't be surprised if they are swayed by that EA money.
I remember durandil sent a message for those leagues which were licensed by konami explaining in what state was the Game with all teams locked and no league Mode and leagues starting wondering why It was this situation because these leagues were not getting visibility in this Game and thats why konami released my league but konami is throwing to the trash a work of years in licenses

Back
Top Bottom