eFootball (All Platforms)

Why are the vast majority of clubs missing? When I play offline, for example in the Spanish league, it only throws Barcelona. And, Is there a way to change the camera angle in the options?
Offline exhibition matches are just a demo mode. There are only partner clubs and partner leagues available. You can change the camera in the game settings somewhere.

What's the point with the input and delay of efootball?

Some games are absolutely brilliant, feels nice and really good on PA3, see some new moves and everything worked fine. It really feels great

One game after that, it's absolutely shame, Players dont run, every pass will be intercepted,
Players move like trains, no chance of winning a header, Referee don't give fouls...

It's like playing a complete other game...
Same team, same mode, same Internet connection.

What's the problem here ?
That randomness is there on purpose. It boosts coin sales.

What's the point with the input and delay of efootball?

Some games are absolutely brilliant, feels nice and really good on PA3, see some new moves and everything worked fine. It really feels great

One game after that, it's absolutely shame, Players dont run, every pass will be intercepted,
Players move like trains, no chance of winning a header, Referee don't give fouls...

It's like playing a complete other game...
Same team, same mode, same Internet connection.

What's the problem here ?
Answer is simple - it's a gatcha-game with powerful manipulating mechanics and hightest level of scripting.

Answer is simple - it's a gatcha-game with powerful manipulating mechanics and hightest level of scripting.

The cheese happens most prominently in Dream Team because almost every player has stupidly crazy overpowered 90-100 player ratings so every player is god like, disregarding realism that you expect to be calculated with realistic level grounded stats so many games are decided on momentum or online many times games are decided on who gets the more favorable connection.

Will the Master League arrive this year? It seems that Konami didn't want to communicate that offline modes aren't part of their plans. All they care about is cards, they haven't even innovated in gameplay.

I hear around "Matheus, their focus has changed", if they had communicated to the community that the priority is not the Master League and the offline modes, we would have already given up. In 2020 they said they would make the game from scratch and nothing they said there has arrived, to this day the graphics are ridiculous for a next gen and the lack of modes is shameful.

There are many examples of FTP games with much more content. If Konami doesn't wake up, efootball could go bankrupt. If even Fortnite and Warzone have fallen in the number of daily players, imagine efootball.

They could use a lot more of Unreal's resources to build a better immersion, better graphics, better menus and better lighting.

Last edited:
Will the Master League arrive this year? It seems that Konami didn't want to communicate that offline modes aren't part of their plans. All they care about is cards, they haven't even innovated in gameplay.

I hear around "Matheus, their focus has changed", if they had communicated to the community that the priority is not the Master League and the offline modes, we would have already given up. In 2020 they said they would make the game from scratch and nothing they said there has arrived, to this day the graphics are ridiculous for a next gen and the lack of modes is shameful.

There are many examples of FTP games with much more content. If Konami doesn't wake up, efootball could go bankrupt. If even Fortnite and Warzone have fallen in the number of daily players, imagine efootball.

They could use a lot more of Unreal's resources to build a better immersion, better graphics, better menus and better lighting.
unfortunately, many modders here have tried to fix the game from it s scripting, it s just there hard coded whenever u go top difficulty, the thing is, there s not enough variety in the goal scoring for the AI, this is my main gripe even in FL 24, i ve tried modded dt files, even then, if u play real madrid in ML, they ll be like on dope, it doesn t feel authentic the way their players take the ball from you, it feels restrictive...

But the gameplay & AI is different in trial match and "my league" mode ("online mode"). "My league" is way faster, pacier and not that authentic like a real trial match.
It's the same if you play against the AI in trial mode or an event match against the AI, it feels different.
So I've the feeling that superstar AI in "my league" is easier than in trial match. Did you give it a try? :D

Some hints from my side playing fuma: don't play eFootball the "pes way", so don't focus just on passing around the ball. Pick a player that is a strong dribbler and then try to make small dribblings e.g. around your own axis. This will work often against superstar AI and you'll create some space.
Moreover somehow the crosses are more precise if you're playing fuma and using the early cross (LB+B or L1+circle). This will lead to more goals using a header :D
I'm using also the through pass rarely. Instead I'm just using the normal pass and aiming into the free space. This works also if you're in the opponents box, but it needs some practise, but works better than in PES 2020/2021.
For longer passes which could be also a through pass I'm often using super control to intercept the "programmed running line" - this works very often against the AI, the defenders are behaving sometimes weird.

Regarding the defense: stopping these through passes which were mentioned: switch to a player which is deeper (closer to your own goal) and let your teammates (AI) attack the player with the ball.
Maybe this tutorial for "teammate press" helps.
(in general this tutorial is really useful to learn the new controls for defending since it has been changed compared to PES 2020)
the problem with pes 2020 and 2021, is that it s too restrictive inside or around the box, u can t do what u want, the ai will overpower u

i read somewhere a while ago that they have stopped developing ML for the time being and they have entered a new date sometime in 2030. Makes alot of sense why they have been very quiet.

Certainly it was partially in earlier iterations of game, but not so blatant and agressive as it's now.

We can even look at the difference in scripting between PES 2017 through to 2021. It's a noticable difference the moment you kick-off really. Even the animations have become FIFa-esque where a player will conveniently slide to a better position to make a certian pass/shoot animation.
Or even just 2021 & it's journey from PES2020 demo, to 1.00 & whatever the hell number it is now. Every "content update" made the game worse.
I would much rather spend my time playing PES 5/6 or some PS2 iterations on an emulator, than play vanilla 2021.

And a word to some of these new gen's talking about "it's just nostalgia", like a I saw in a reddit thread recently..
It's purely not true. I play because the gameplay is simply better & there are so many incredible patches to see.

WE5FE/PES 1 has (in parts) better AI & ball physics than 2021. This is not an opinion, this is a fact.

What I am seeing is small incremental improvements. By no means perfect but the trajectory is improving very slowly. I got sucked into buying FC23 in the Jan sales on PS5 because I wanted a proper league mode....may as well have burned my money as gameplay on EF is miles ahead even as it is now. I think the new league mode has some fun to be had albeit fairly restricted, but at least adds something to play for. Liking the weather effects and had a couple of snow games where the graphics look decent....probably because the white covered up the awful greens Konami use for the pitches. I am not optimistic for ML as I just don't think it will happen. I have come to terms with the fact if I want an in depth football experience then I'll have to return to FM. A shame because I used to like a number of sports games (NHL/Madden etc) back in the day.....EA and Konami have just ruined all the franchises over the years. This gen has to be the worst generation of video gaming since the Atari days.....period! publishers should be ashamed of themselves.

We can even look at the difference in scripting between PES 2017 through to 2021. It's a noticable difference the moment you kick-off really. Even the animations have become FIFa-esque where a player will conveniently slide to a better position to make a certian pass/shoot animation.
Or even just 2021 & it's journey from PES2020 demo, to 1.00 & whatever the hell number it is now. Every "content update" made the game worse.
I would much rather spend my time playing PES 5/6 or some PS2 iterations on an emulator, than play vanilla 2021.

And a word to some of these new gen's talking about "it's just nostalgia", like a I saw in a reddit thread recently..
It's purely not true. I play because the gameplay is simply better & there are so many incredible patches to see.

WE5FE/PES 1 has (in parts) better AI & ball physics than 2021. This is not an opinion, this is a fact.
i agree totally, im at a point of deleting fl 24 with mods, because nothing changed, i d be back to PES 5 in a second

i agree totally, im at a point of deleting fl 24 with mods, because nothing changed, i d be back to PES 5 in a second

I'd highly reccomend it mate.
Don't get me wrong, 2021/FL24 with mods is a great game & it is beuatiful, like watching a real broadcast.
But when I play the older games I feel more. More intensity, more randomness. I celebrate some goals vocally, swearing at the ref (aka my screen, lol the neighbours probably think I'm crazy)

Are they perfect games? Ofcourse not. I hate that animation when you R2+shoot (inside foot) but the ball curves the wrong way. And the way it manipulates your players if you dont super-cancel. But in terms of pure football enjoyment & fun, I can look past these errors.
I don't like the pre-cooked, at times poorly synchronized animations from 2018 onwards.

I can't believe I read that

"Well I'm in my second league, and I have a good time when I play, I feel I can do everything that comes to my mind, I like the graphics, I do not see that I have to improve much more in that aspect, on the other hand the competition is about three steps behind in graphics, and I do not read anyone complaining about the graphics."

I can't believe I read that

"Well I'm in my second league, and I have a good time when I play, I feel I can do everything that comes to my mind, I like the graphics, I do not see that I have to improve much more in that aspect, on the other hand the competition is about three steps behind in graphics, and I do not read anyone complaining about the graphics."
I think you have to be a little constructive when it comes to visuals. I find the issue is drop in quality from replays to the actual match visuals, where it drops a lot. It definitely needs improvement in that aspect. Things like grass also, very poor right now.

However I’m really happy with aspects of the animation, faces, and also the player models.

Not an opinion, but fact? Come on, any scientific research to back this up? Nah, in all seriousness, its all just opinions. If it was fact, over 90% would be playing WE5FE etc. My fact is that WE5FE/PES1-6 doesn't come close to PES2021 or eFootball 24 in terms of ai variations, outcomes and ball physics. I will say Holland's latest and greatest mod for PES2021 seems to to have done wonders and further extended the boundaries of PES2021's brilliance. Can't believe I am still heavily into this game (mainly due to eFootball's shortcoming/demo state). Playing PES2021 over the last week, ive seen new ai attacks on goal, new animations particularly keeper saves, and also older animations that i haven't seen in ages come back to life, e.g. some diving headers and floaty chip-like headers. So interesting how Holland can open up the coding, and really uncover the brilliance that the original team kept from us.

BUT...back to efootball 24, despite its shortcomings, It still does have the superior gameplay (an opinion, and not fact to all, it seems). On the ball it just has the better, smoother, less robotic feeling compared to pes2021. The ball physics, despite lacking some variation, feels more realistic than PES2021 (mimicking the weight, speed, and zip better) , and I still prefer the attacking AI, where the cpu dribbling is more aggressive. So much goodness under the hood, just need better optimized graphics (lighting, shadows,turf, nets etc) + decent onfline modes and available settings. Any word of when and what we can expect from the next update???

Last edited:
Not an opinion, but fact? Come on, any scientific research to back this up? Nah, in all seriousness, its all just opinions.

My "scientific" research is going back & playing them. The AI build up is more varied & more intelligent.

Have you played it? Go & start a master league in WE5FE hardest level, get absolutely dominated by a 20+ year old AI & then you can share your "opinion" .. becuase right now you are just talking to talk.

EDIT: I just want to add that I still greatly admire & try to support the modders. And I know how awesome Holland is dont worry. I am talking about vanilla, I am talking about the regression from coinami, not the community.

Last edited:
My "scientific" research is going back & playing them. The AI build up is more varied & more intelligent
My science/opinion gathering method is the same, but my conclusion is the opposite to yours.
Have you played it? Go & start a master league in WE5FE hardest level, get absolutely dominated by a 20+ year old AI & then you can share your "opinion" .. becuase right now you are just talking to talk.
Yes I've played it many times, although not for a few years. Getting dominated on hardest level hardly equates to a more varied and intelligent ai. Ive seen more variety in PES2021 than any other version.. And ive played every other version. Does it make it fact.. No.. Its my perception, my opinion.

And im sharing my opinion without the need of your approval. Just talking to talk.. More like disagreeing with your idea that your personal opinion is everyone's fact.

EDIT: I just want to add that I still greatly admire & try to support the modders. And I know how awesome Holland is dont worry. I am talking about vanilla, I am talking about the regression from coinami, not the community.
Agree. Although I wouldn't necessarily call it a regression (apart from eFootball's neglect for offline content and graphic optimization). The final product is a regression. As a base, at its core, gameplay wise, I think eFootball 24 feels and plays better than any other version.

Certainly it was partially in earlier iterations of game, but not so blatant and agressive as it's now.
the only thing that made it different is the fl 24 with the mods by elijo, dreamsoccer stuff, which make it less apparent at higher difficulties

Not an opinion, but fact? Come on, any scientific research to back this up? Nah, in all seriousness, its all just opinions. If it was fact, over 90% would be playing WE5FE etc. My fact is that WE5FE/PES1-6 doesn't come close to PES2021 or eFootball 24 in terms of ai variations, outcomes and ball physics. I will say Holland's latest and greatest mod for PES2021 seems to to have done wonders and further extended the boundaries of PES2021's brilliance. Can't believe I am still heavily into this game (mainly due to eFootball's shortcoming/demo state). Playing PES2021 over the last week, ive seen new ai attacks on goal, new animations particularly keeper saves, and also older animations that i haven't seen in ages come back to life, e.g. some diving headers and floaty chip-like headers. So interesting how Holland can open up the coding, and really uncover the brilliance that the original team kept from us.

BUT...back to efootball 24, despite its shortcomings, It still does have the superior gameplay (an opinion, and not fact to all, it seems). On the ball it just has the better, smoother, less robotic feeling compared to pes2021. The ball physics, despite lacking some variation, feels more realistic than PES2021 (mimicking the weight, speed, and zip better) , and I still prefer the attacking AI, where the cpu dribbling is more aggressive. So much goodness under the hood, just need better optimized graphics (lighting, shadows,turf, nets etc) + decent onfline modes and available settings. Any word of when and what we can expect from the next update???
the new games like pes 2021 are robotic yes i agree, it still feels robotic indeed

the new games like pes 2021 are robotic yes i agree, it still feels robotic indeed
Thats the biggest noticeable difference I see (and feel), when going from eFootball24 to Pes2021. Pes2021 feels very robotic in comparison. But I can't believe how good pes2021 looks in comparison, turf and lighting wise. Despite being the more complete game, I think one of pes2021s biggest draw is how good this game can look, WITH MODS of course, ... the stadiums, the turf, lighting and shadows.

Thats the biggest noticeable difference I see (and feel), when going from eFootball24 to Pes2021. Pes2021 feels very robotic in comparison. But I can't believe how good pes2021 looks in comparison, turf and lighting wise. Despite being the more complete game, I think one of pes2021s biggest draw is how good this game can look, WITH MODS of course, ... the stadiums, the turf, lighting and shadows.
in fact the other game is better now tbh when it comes to lighting, efootball 24 seems like a ps2 game compared to the other game lol in terms of lighting

in fact the other game is better now tbh when it comes to lighting, efootball 24 seems like a ps2 game compared to the other game lol in terms of lighting
At least Konami has a green turf.
EA has destroy the turf since FIFA21 and it looks like a mud.
Plus with the FC24 they have brightness problems and they destroy the defense of game.
That's why I install and play PES21.
Looks like after corona the good programmers disappeared! :CALM:

A minute of poetry

What's the point of playing game
When every fucking match the same ?
Script allow you just to watch
How after game screen of TV is getting gamepad shoot-scratch.

P.S. Because we can't do now anything to return "normal soccer", at least we can let yourself some humour (may even somekind weird) about situation in current gaming, when all this new "wise technologies" was used for creating most frustrating experience by playing on emotions of peoples instead of bringing something really new, cool and inspirating.

Last edited:
A minute of poetry

What's the point of playing game
When every fucking match the same ?
Script allow you just to watch
How after game screen of TV is getting gamepad shoot-scratch.
True yet terrible poem. The last line is too long.

How about:
eFootball is crap
I deleted this game
I would make a rap
But Konami are lame

So here's a short poem
For causing all this fatigue
And Konami...? Well Em
People just want Master League

In pixelated fields where players roam,
A digital pitch, their virtual home.
In this game of football, famed and wide,
Lies a hollow charm that can't be denied.Gone are the modes we held so dear,
Master League, a ghost, no longer here.
Replaced by empty menus, screens so bare,
A glaring void that's hard to bear.Artificial minds, a scripted scene,
Predictable, dull, a monotonous dream.
Players move in patterns, preordained,
A chessboard match, with excitement drained.And oh, the graphics, a sorrowful sight,
Blurry faces, shadows not quite right.
A world so drab, so starkly cold,
Where colors fade and tales untold.In this game, once a joyful ride,
Now sits disappointment, hard to hide.
A football simulation, lost its charm,
A digital world that does more harm.Yet in this realm of virtual play,
We long for change, a brighter day.
For games that capture the sport's true soul,
Where fun and fairness are the goal.

Back
Top Bottom