eFootball (All Platforms)

Hey guys, Just randomly changed teams for myLeague, to Boca Juniors, and to my amazement, their home stadium La Bombonera is in the game..wtf??? So there are stadiums ingame, only accessable via myLeague?? Did you guys know this.. .wondering what other stadiums are (kinda) hidden from the trial game etc..

Hey guys, Just randomly changed teams for myLeague, to Boca Juniors, and to my amazement, their home stadium La Bombonera is in the game..wtf??? So there are stadiums ingame, only accessable via myLeague?? Did you guys know this.. .wondering what other stadiums are (kinda) hidden from the trial game etc..

You can choose La Bombonera anytime man, even in efootball league or whatever it's called.

Just come off a lunchtime session playing My League on Superstar. It's a really good game now. I'd foolishly bought EAFC on black friday weekend and that game really demonstrates how big the gameplay difference is. Like many, I'd prefer to be able to buy an annual version of Pro Evo, but at the moment the gameplay on this is decent and worth a go. It's not perfect, but you can start to feel the difference with player ID. Not present in the other game.

yes, for some reason, this stadium is not available in trial matches but it exists. Ajax stadium is available too

myleague is kind of useless without an edit mode, half the teams are fake names and kits

More like the game itself is almost useless without edit mode on top of that very limited modding support.

Just prepare for the worst, bet konami will cut off some features in edit mode

Not tried this in months so had another go. It a lot better than it was but gameplay wise and I'm comparing to pes 21 with mods

Ball feels way to heavy
Players are a bit too unresponsive for.me
Graphics are borderline shit on ps5 , they are good on replays close up but at a distance just poor (pes 21 on my steam deck looks miles better)
Just not very exciting.

Bump the graphics and further gameplay improvements this could.be a decent game

Not tried this in months so had another go. It a lot better than it was but gameplay wise and I'm comparing to pes 21 with mods

Ball feels way to heavy
Players are a bit too unresponsive for.me
Graphics are borderline shit on ps5 , they are good on replays close up but at a distance just poor (pes 21 on my steam deck looks miles better)
Just not very exciting.

Bump the graphics and further gameplay improvements this could.be a decent game
I agree. The ball feels more natural on +1 game speed. On default speed it is way too heavy

myleague is kind of useless without an edit mode, half the teams are fake names and kits
Are you playing on PC? If yes, take a look at endos mod: https://evoweb.uk/threads/evomod-2024-update-4-released-post-445.95448/
Of course this won't work on consoles :(

I've tried a couple of matches in my league mode yesterday with bayern munich in the EPL (not sure why I'm always playing with them, also online this is my base team; i guess it's due to the Allianz Arena and good chants :D)

Since I'm not concerned about authentic matches, I'm also playing with my dream team players.
All in all it's quite fun playing against the superstar AI on full manual. The only thing which I don't like is that it feels somehow that the different teams are playing in a same way. Not sure if there is again some "adaptive ai" stuff, but when i change from time to time my formation, it gets easier again after a while.

Ah and also the lack of being able to save different tactics/formations directly in my league is sad.

Since I get online too often players with network 2/5 I'll continue playing my league for now :D

Just wanted to get a quick game in before starting work but can't play My League, a supposedly offline mode, because online service is unavailable.

I tried to play Superstar on pass Level 3. Definitely improved things a little, in terms of not being dominated 6-1 on shots. I ended up with a 0-0 draw, and a 2-1 loss.

I played a mate of mine who has just got a PS5 at EF online and it reminded me how frustrating playing people who use any assisted passing is, while I'm using manual. His last console is a PS2 and only plays PES about once a year now when he visits me from abroad. We played it religiously in PS2 days, so it is like riding a bike for him though.

So we play our first game online (it was a very smooth experience)and he scores in the opening 10 minutes to take the lead. Passes were as accurate as can be, with very little effort. This was his first ever time playing EF. I did eventually knuckle down and won 2-1, but his passing accuracy percentage was stupidly high for someone who has never played this version before and plays any PES so infrequently. It's like playing some on an FPS and they have auto-aim on.

Yeah, I could put pass assist on, but where is the reward in that. When I made my decent passing moves I knew it was down to my skill and that's what games should be about. Playing online is such a frustrating experience when you can't just play against other manual passing players. Luckily the AI idls the best it's been, so the offline experience is better... Although stupidly limited.

Last edited:
I played a mate of mine who has just got a PS5 at EF online and it reminded me how frustrating playing people who use any assisted passing is, while I'm using manual. His last console is a PS2 and only plays PES about once a year now when he visits me from abroad. We played it religiously in PS2 days, so it is like riding a bike for him though.

So we play our first game online (it was a very smooth experience)and he scores in the opening 10 minutes to take the lead. Passes were as accurate as can be, with very little effort. This was his first ever time playing EF. I did eventually knuckle down and won 2-1, but his passing accuracy percentage was stupidly high for someone who has never played this version before and plays any PES so infrequently. It's like playing some on an FPS and they have auto-aim on.

Yeah, I could put pass assist on, but where is the reward in that. When I made my decent passing moves I knew it was down to my skill and that's what games should be about. Playing online is such a frustrating experience when you can't just play against other manual passing players. Luckily the AI idls the best it's been, so the offline experience is better... Although stupidly limited.
100% agree
Pass level 1 and 2 is somehow "cheating" for me to be honest. This shouldn't be allowed in a competitive mode.
When you're using pass level 1 or 2 and run straight to the sideline and try to pass the ball out of bounds, it won't work since your pass will be corrected to your next team mate which is left/right of you, even when you've pressed in the upper direction. The ball will never be played out of bounds on level 1 or 2 :D
Don't believe me? Try it out just for fun in training mode, this is ridiculous.

I'm playing currently "My League" on Superstar (of course full manual) & I've sometimes the feeling that the AI acts really dumb on purpose. Here e.g. I've scored a really really easy goal. Not much effort to score for me to be honest :D
On the other hand they're playing sometimes so fast while attacking, I can't keep up in the defense. This happens mainly against stronger opponents.
Playing on "Legend" is a total different thing, way too difficult for me :D

Im getting better. More focuded now.

Changed from Professional to top player. Switched back to my defending style, more calm, focused on moving players isto position and using L2 to block, read AI plays, cutting passing lanes.

That made a whole difference and I am enjoying more and more.

I am simply in disbelief at how good CPU AI is...

I've finished my first "My League" season, it was pretty close in the end. Those "key games" (the matches with the fire icon) are so freaking hard against the legend AI, I'm always struggling not to concede a goal...in the end it feels more like having luck instead of skill to be honest 😄
In the last game I somehow managed to keep a clean sheet.

So 1st season is done, but there's no real "reward" or motivation to continue regarding the mode. No international games (fake champions league), no expiring contracts and during the season I had no injuries, nothing.
Hmpf, so I've to check what I can do now...play again online? Naaaah, we need a offline mode with more features than "My League" mode.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 58
  • 2.png
    2.png
    261.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 3.png
    3.png
    473.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 4.png
    4.png
    265.2 KB · Views: 51
I honestly haven't thought about eFootball in quite some time that I was shocked to hear the news about the new my league mode. I've noticed now with this and with the new mode introduced in the latest f1 game, developers are trying a new angle on the idea of league mode. I don't particularly hate what they are going for here. It just isn't for me. I like the sense of progress that comes with a career mode. I like the feeling being one player or one team within a gaming world.

It's unfortunate because last time I played eFootball, I could see what they were trying to do with the gameplay. I could feel some of the potential it had. But as long as it doesn't offer me a way to play and enjoy it the way I want to, then it has nothing to offer me. For the people enjoying it, I'm happy and hope you continue to.

Missed the penalty today in the daily game. Still let me progress a few squares. So what's the point? 😂
If you score then you'll progress faster, e.g. I scored and was able to move 6 fields today. If you miss, I guess you're only allowed to move 1-2 fields, not sure, happened only once to me :D

3 spaces for misses, 6 for scoring.
So basically you're getting somehow rewarded for logging in/taking the penatly daily. It's like on those mobile games 😅

Had a key match on top player in "my league" (normally I'm playing on Superstar), but for the key matches we're not able to change the difficulty, so I had to stick to top player. The difference between top player and superstar is just too big imho. There needs to be something in between...nevertheless my shooting still needs more accuracy 😅

Attachments

• top-player-1.png
    top-player-1.png
    7 MB · Views: 31
Back
Top Bottom