eFootball (All Platforms)

So basically you're getting somehow rewarded for logging in/taking the penatly daily. It's like on those mobile games 😅

Had a key match on top player in "my league" (normally I'm playing on Superstar), but for the key matches we're not able to change the difficulty, so I had to stick to top player. The difference between top player and superstar is just too big imho. There needs to be something in between...nevertheless my shooting still needs more accuracy 😅
Hi Baris, in terms of your attached picture.

If Konami would change the fake manager name from Klopp, to "Gpoint Kitzler" I would play this eFootball game again. :D:LMAO:

So basically you're getting somehow rewarded for logging in/taking the penatly daily. It's like on those mobile games 😅

Had a key match on top player in "my league" (normally I'm playing on Superstar), but for the key matches we're not able to change the difficulty, so I had to stick to top player. The difference between top player and superstar is just too big imho. There needs to be something in between...nevertheless my shooting still needs more accuracy 😅
That's why I want Top Player in Trial Match. So I can play FUMA against the AI. Something about Superstar, it feels very scripted in the favour of the AI for me

That's why I want Top Player in Trial Match. So I can play FUMA against the AI. Something about Superstar, it feels very scripted in the favour of the AI for me
But the gameplay & AI is different in trial match and "my league" mode ("online mode"). "My league" is way faster, pacier and not that authentic like a real trial match.
It's the same if you play against the AI in trial mode or an event match against the AI, it feels different.
So I've the feeling that superstar AI in "my league" is easier than in trial match. Did you give it a try? :D

Some hints from my side playing fuma: don't play eFootball the "pes way", so don't focus just on passing around the ball. Pick a player that is a strong dribbler and then try to make small dribblings e.g. around your own axis. This will work often against superstar AI and you'll create some space.
Moreover somehow the crosses are more precise if you're playing fuma and using the early cross (LB+B or L1+circle). This will lead to more goals using a header :D
I'm using also the through pass rarely. Instead I'm just using the normal pass and aiming into the free space. This works also if you're in the opponents box, but it needs some practise, but works better than in PES 2020/2021.
For longer passes which could be also a through pass I'm often using super control to intercept the "programmed running line" - this works very often against the AI, the defenders are behaving sometimes weird.

Regarding the defense: stopping these through passes which were mentioned: switch to a player which is deeper (closer to your own goal) and let your teammates (AI) attack the player with the ball.
Maybe this tutorial for "teammate press" helps.
(in general this tutorial is really useful to learn the new controls for defending since it has been changed compared to PES 2020)

Last edited:
If I would create a Konami ID, would it be possible to play on Xbox Series X and PS4 as well with my team or is it platform bound? Does anyone know?

Current "so-called soccer simulators" - are crime against true sport.
Call it whatever you want, but it has nothing with soccer as it was intended to be.

P.S. Do not take it personal those who have "somehow positive emotions during playing this games".
It's just for me a constatation of fact dying PES series, those fact how KONAMI acting with their player base, when scripting bullshit ruined everything.

Last edited:
I raise my hand as one to be hopeful for the next 'evolution'. Could we gather a few hints from certain reliable sources as to where that might lead next chapter? Consumers given a choice to decide between popular titles already on the market EA and eFootball (notwithstanding the upstart UFL slated to be announced sometime in the not-too-distant future), are there enough trends to suggest we might be orbiting the footy game landscape to explore/enjoy better gameplay, featured players; or just more licensed stuff, or the potential to customize settings to our liking, etc.?

Personally, I am split between a single player campaign and trying to test my wits in a fascinating online scene. However, a mature 'Pro Clubs'-style game mode migh just be a pipe dream not to happen in my lifetime. That could be a tangent for another day! I am left with the current game state and extracting the highest form of enjoyment.

If you can tell by some of my posts, I am a process foremost kind of guy. I still put in more thought and time into my footy hobby than ever I have in the past and in my teenage years even. Yet I am one of many (here I would presume) who may have just picked up the new eFootball 2022 with reduced expectations and thought let me take it for a spin and try to rekindle some of the joy past. A couple years later, where are we in terms of expectations for the 'dynamism' and variability of gameplay, the gateway to fun in emulating the pros, the rare but to-be-most-cherished days of banter at a friendly league party (exhibition matches for days on end!)? Not as close as I think I would want us to be, though I could be wrong. We can remain cautiously optimistic to try and navigate the gameplay 'META,' as for myself I want to believe a shinier, more polished, revamped version 2025-2026 should be in the cards optimized on different platforms. New football game test beta shall be behind us already.

I've finished my first "My League" season, it was pretty close in the end. Those "key games" (the matches with the fire icon) are so freaking hard against the legend AI, I'm always struggling not to concede a goal...in the end it feels more like having luck instead of skill to be honest 😄
In the last game I somehow managed to keep a clean sheet.

So 1st season is done, but there's no real "reward" or motivation to continue regarding the mode. No international games (fake champions league), no expiring contracts and during the season I had no injuries, nothing.
Hmpf, so I've to check what I can do now...play again online? Naaaah, we need a offline mode with more features than "My League" mode.

Silly Konami, what is the point of those 3 "relegation" places if next season you just continue with the same clubs. At least allow people to make some kind of custom league with existing teams like Konami League used to be.

I raise my hand as one to be hopeful for the next 'evolution'. Could we gather a few hints from certain reliable sources as to where that might lead next chapter? Consumers given a choice to decide between popular titles already on the market EA and eFootball (notwithstanding the upstart UFL slated to be announced sometime in the not-too-distant future), are there enough trends to suggest we might be orbiting the footy game landscape to explore/enjoy better gameplay, featured players; or just more licensed stuff, or the potential to customize settings to our liking, etc.?

Personally, I am split between a single player campaign and trying to test my wits in a fascinating online scene. However, a mature 'Pro Clubs'-style game mode migh just be a pipe dream not to happen in my lifetime. That could be a tangent for another day! I am left with the current game state and extracting the highest form of enjoyment.

If you can tell by some of my posts, I am a process foremost kind of guy. I still put in more thought and time into my footy hobby than ever I have in the past and in my teenage years even. Yet I am one of many (here I would presume) who may have just picked up the new eFootball 2022 with reduced expectations and thought let me take it for a spin and try to rekindle some of the joy past. A couple years later, where are we in terms of expectations for the 'dynamism' and variability of gameplay, the gateway to fun in emulating the pros, the rare but to-be-most-cherished days of banter at a friendly league party (exhibition matches for days on end!)? Not as close as I think I would want us to be, though I could be wrong. We can remain cautiously optimistic to try and navigate the gameplay 'META,' as for myself I want to believe a shinier, more polished, revamped version 2025-2026 should be in the cards optimized on different platforms. New football game test beta shall be behind us already.
I am sorry but I think our only hope is that the prompt "Please build a current gen football game that is a natural evolution of Pro Evolution Soccer 2022 and the folks at evo-web might actually like" would poop out something decent in about 5 years. Which is a much safer bet then Konami or EA to listening to the connoisseurs within the community.

The more I occasionally play this, the more it feels old school in a decent way.

I don't use any of the stadium cams or whatever and try bring it down to a pistchside-y cam and it just plays...pretty damn decent.

I play v. AI on Legend with a squad that is sitting in high 70's for players and I'm good enough to give them a game while (trying) to play my own way and it does play some cracking stuff.

Maybe they will get 'there' or close to it, but my word are we being made to wait!

AI does play some excellent stuff, but on Legend it pretty much demands you 'git good' in order to see it or they tear you to absolute shreads in the blink of an eye. I don't mind that...to a degree...

...now just give me Master League so it feels like there is more 'consequence' to proceedings.

New football game test beta shall be behind us already.

It's going to be the equivalent of doing one of those insane 24 marathons, and not a sprint.

I do think there might be method to their madness, but it does need a graphical jump and them (probably quietely) pretending that whole cross-play talk simply never happened and them gaslighting us. Fear is, of course, they gaslight us instead regards Master League.

It is new ground they are treading, and I don't say that with a big thumbs up of approval. But maybe, just maybe, they end up playing the 'long game' well.

maybe, just maybe, they end up playing the 'long game'

Yes definitely and the graphical leap. I am willing to concede that EA got the greatest goal nets of all time; such is the chasm that eFootball has bridge not only in terms of net physics, but also ball physics.

I duly appreciate the fidelity of text and help prompt which are beautifully translated and many popular languages. Likewise the sprucing of the menus is welcome. I can't dive into the nets more than say a My League as progress there though slowly creeping but could be a precursor to Edit Mode and/or Master League.

The hope stays with me because to date we can enjoy a meaningful update minus the bugs or minor gripes, eFootball 2023. Thankfully, different departments come together, work flat out, and more than meet our expectations for free (mostly free RTG accounts). Gameplay is still being refined. Team play is less sweaty. The player database is promising if not sufficient. It's noob friendly and the META challenges the hardcore. Sometimes too we might get a surprise and so far of the good kind.

For instance, Team Play and My League are absolute bonus of game modes. What the former is clearly lacking is proper reward for those points we collect but have a cap over. Yet we get the minimal benefit of progression point (and maybe the match pass as well), so maybe, only maybe, we should question the thinking there.

The long and the short is the community can appreciate the current state is not final, but do not get sucked in the path to pay-to-win and not enjoy the game. You might feel disappointed in the multiplayer scene and of course an actual novel single-player campaign is still begging, which that may not be everyone's cup of tea either. Who are Stein and Minanda to get you through facing Malgani at Barcelona?
Sorry I screwed up the quotes on my phone and the gist of the text are not your words, Mako

Silly Konami, what is the point of those 3 "relegation" places if next season you just continue with the same clubs. At least allow people to make some kind of custom league with existing teams like Konami League used to be.
For me e.g. Leicester City was promoted and is now playing in the EPL, so relegation/promotion is working as expected (at least playing in england).

Rewards are now available for Team Play. Now here's hoping for bursting through the points cap and flirting with scraps of GP. Happy New Year!
#arigato #eFootball #antiperspirantvibes

Why are the vast majority of clubs missing? When I play offline, for example in the Spanish league, it only throws Barcelona. And, Is there a way to change the camera angle in the options?

What's the point with the input and delay of efootball?

Some games are absolutely brilliant, feels nice and really good on PA3, see some new moves and everything worked fine. It really feels great

One game after that, it's absolutely shame, Players dont run, every pass will be intercepted,
Players move like trains, no chance of winning a header, Referee don't give fouls...

It's like playing a complete other game...
Same team, same mode, same Internet connection.

What's the problem here ?

Maybe grass length settings? Rain? Although I've noticed it has to do with how good teams you play. If there are two good teams playing, the match will be faster, if you play a better team against a weaker one, it will be slower and adjusted so that the weaker team has some chance.

it's all about online in Dream Team - in League mode or Coop with a friend.

It's 3100 strong team, no rain, no grass length even no daytime matches, Just Dream Team PVP games...

Back
Top Bottom