eFootball (All Platforms)

Hey guys, as mentioned previously, Im actually liking the latest version of eFOOTBALL 2023, as it really is refreshingly smoother to the eye (due to more animations transitions it seems) than PES 2021, plus now it actually can look good with endo's newest turf mod, and the latest ePatch by Mody99.

So i just saw this tweet, and wondered what you guys think about this... the fact that 0.9 was superior???

also a link to show how to access and play with this version via a steam know how:

Has anyone actually tried this?? Is this actually worth it?? ie. going to 0.9 or 0.9.1 or even 1.0.0 .. seems these are the versions that were considered superior until they apparently fked things up (even though i dont know any better n actually like this latest v2.6.0)... Im guessing by playing the older versions, It'd mean none of the latest mods would work?? But.. maybe the old camera mod would work... that'd be cool, as it doens't work currently.

Any thoughts on this??

Any thoughts on this??
Yes a couple.

1. The guy your quoting is banned from this forum and is one of the most insufferable attention seeking Konami cheerleaders in existence. If it's him saying it, it's probably wrong or at least exaggerated, I wish we could auto block his tweets from showing up as he really is like the turd who won't flush.

2. I can't believe people are still glorifying the abomination that was 0.9/0.9.1. Yes the variable speed dribbling was cool and there were a few good ideas in there but the execution was embarrassingly poor and it was basically impossible to defend which allowed any fool to feel like they could dribble like Messi.

3. The fact that people are still pining for that version shows how far we've fallen with football games over the last few years.

Hey guys, as mentioned previously, Im actually liking the latest version of eFOOTBALL 2023, as it really is refreshingly smoother to the eye (due to more animations transitions it seems) than PES 2021, plus now it actually can look good with endo's newest turf mod, and the latest ePatch by Mody99.

So i just saw this tweet, and wondered what you guys think about this... the fact that 0.9 was superior???

also a link to show how to access and play with this version via a steam know how:

Has anyone actually tried this?? Is this actually worth it?? ie. going to 0.9 or 0.9.1 or even 1.0.0 .. seems these are the versions that were considered superior until they apparently fked things up (even though i dont know any better n actually like this latest v2.6.0)... Im guessing by playing the older versions, It'd mean none of the latest mods would work?? But.. maybe the old camera mod would work... that'd be cool, as it doens't work currently.

Any thoughts on this??

Played a fair amount of the 0.9 and 1.0 versions. They were more curios than meaningful games as such.

Great weight, inertia and freedom. Genuinely new and different in that regard. But the response times weren't great, and the game just felt empty and unfinished. The AI was a mix of good and bad. But you really did have to defend with though. It was really a mess overall thought and pre-planning.

There hasnt really been a single version of efootball that's amounted to much. I think the game shape and AI are pretty good on the latest version, but it feels limited and empty after an hour or so.

Will have a go at rolling back if I can be bothered, which i probably wont!

Yes a couple.

1. The guy your quoting is banned from this forum and is one of the most insufferable attention seeking Konami cheerleaders in existence. If it's him saying it, it's probably wrong or at least exaggerated, I wish we could auto block his tweets from showing up as he really is like the turd who won't flush.

2. I can't believe people are still glorifying the abomination that was 0.9/0.9.1. Yes the variable speed dribbling was cool and there were a few good ideas in there but the execution was embarrassingly poor and it was basically impossible to defend which allowed any fool to feel like they could dribble like Messi.

3. The fact that people are still pining for that version shows how far we've fallen with football games over the last few years.
Interesting, obviously didnt know about the ban. Ive been dissing eFootball since it came out, and have never lasted more than an hour of so before uninstalling... and then didn't even bother installing for the last 6 months... Until last week, just to test it with my new gaming pc. Just played a moment ago, and its actually holding my attention.. Almost ashamed to say im enjoying some aspects more than pes2021, ie. the smoothness of player animations running around the pitch and the momentum felt. There is quite a bit of weight to it (player and ball, particularly when testing out the special powered shots/long balls), and what im really liking is the fact that when you sprint or the ai sprints, the player's legs move realistically quick... how a sprint is supposed to look, if that makes sense. Obviously missing a lot of what PES2021 offers, but the feel (and response) is really good at the minute. Oh, and endo's turf, makes a huge difference. Still not quite as good as the variety of pes2021 turfs.. but much better than default. Im kinda getting optimistic about eFootball2024, which I cant believe im saying.
Played a fair amount of the 0.9 and 1.0 versions. They were more curios than meaningful games as such.

Great weight, inertia and freedom. Genuinely new and different in that regard. But the response times weren't great, and the game just felt empty and unfinished. The AI was a mix of good and bad. But you really did have to defend with though. It was really a mess overall thought and pre-planning.

There hasnt really been a single version of efootball that's amounted to much. I think the game shape and AI are pretty good on the latest version, but it feels limited and empty after an hour or so.

Will have a go at rolling back if I can be bothered, which i probably wont!
The current version feels great wight/inertia wise... and the response is great. I particularly like the feel (weight and audio) of kicking the ball around... been overdoing it with the special powered shots/passes.. feels great. Im liking the smoothness/momentum of the dribbling, which for me is a refreshing improvement over pes2021. Also, despite the lack of variety in shooting (it definitely has improved though since the earlier EF's), I had a few strong shots on goal, and the ball physics are good in terms of looking and feeling realistic (how the ball actually moves through the air with realistic weight to the ball).
Its weird that im actually enjoying this game i hated so badly only a month ago... obviously the graphical improvments via endos mod help, possibly also the fact im playing on a new gaming pc (7900xtx + 7800x3D cpu) where everything just feels so smooth.

Last edited:
Never personal pal, it's only a game at the end of the day and if you're having fun fair play. I have enjoyed the gameplay myself at various points too especially version 1.00 but that was very quickly scrapped when the new dribbling system was creating too much of a skill gap and everything gradually became more automated.

I also believe that at this time of year Konami are hoping a few fed up FIFA players will be looking at efootball as a possibility as their footy game for the new season and as their financial targets for efootball 23 have been reached they put a more enjoyable version of the gameplay in order to tempt them in before ramping up the manipulation as the season progresses. Kind of like what happened with PES 20 demo but I have no way of proving this conclusively so it's just my opinion.

Never personal pal, it's only a game at the end of the day and if you're having fun fair play. I have enjoyed the gameplay myself at various points too especially version 1.00 but that was very quickly scrapped when the new dribbling system was creating too much of a skill gap and everything gradually became more automated.

I also believe that at this time of year Konami are hoping a few fed up FIFA players will be looking at efootball as a possibility as their footy game for the new season and as their financial targets for efootball 23 have been reached they put a more enjoyable version of the gameplay in order to tempt them in before ramping up the manipulation as the season progresses. Kind of like what happened with PES 20 demo but I have no way of proving this conclusively so it's just my opinion.
All good, never personal from my end either. All just opinions and sharing ideas. I really hope we get a few refreshing extras with EF24, increasing or adding to the limited things that are pretty good.. Gameplay fixes, and improved ball physics, net physics, and graphics (to next gen standards) are my main wishes, together with the all important increased modes... Id pay for cup/league/ML with the ability to change all settings including difficulty level etc.

Here is a clip demonstrating my overly used special/power shot (when the bar turns purple with the r2+shoot/long ball)...

Last edited:

It looks like efootball is a success, even if it lacks content and modes.​

After FY2023 sales being mostly flat for its Digital Entertainment segment, Konami has not managed to reverse the trend quite yet.

However, the firm noted that eFootball 2023 continued to "sustain strong performance," and while overall revenue in its games segment was down, its business profit for the category was up 13% to ¥15.1 billion ($106 million).

Looking at Konami's other business segments, its Gaming & Systems vertical performed well during Q1 FY2024, with revenue up 29.9% year-on-year reaching ¥10 billion ($70 million).

Looking ahead, Konami named the launch of the Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Volume 1 (due in October) and the development of Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater (announced at the PlayStation Showcase 2023) as highlights of its upcoming projects.

This money is now used to increase the team, especially they need fresh people for communication because they don't have it... 🙈

Any thoughts on this??

Yeah, 0.9.1 version's realistic representation of inertia and weight didn't sit well with majority of players. That's why we have this super simplified gameplay now. We have what we wanted and deserved.

Yeah, 0.9.1 version's realistic representation of inertia and weight didn't sit well with majority of players. That's why we have this super simplified gameplay now. We have what we wanted and deserved.
It's realistic, but it was just a alpha version. Just like PES 2014 they put out.

After FY2023 sales being mostly flat for its Digital Entertainment segment, Konami has not managed to reverse the trend quite yet.

However, the firm noted that eFootball 2023 continued to "sustain strong performance," and while overall revenue in its games segment was down, its business profit for the category was up 13% to ¥15.1 billion ($106 million).

Looking at Konami's other business segments, its Gaming & Systems vertical performed well during Q1 FY2024, with revenue up 29.9% year-on-year reaching ¥10 billion ($70 million).

Looking ahead, Konami named the launch of the Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Volume 1 (due in October) and the development of Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater (announced at the PlayStation Showcase 2023) as highlights of its upcoming projects.
Ironic and tragic to report that they have such great success when a company promises content, perhaps the most successful title they ever have, and hangs up on their customers and refunds their money. We are still waiting for crossplay and cross-platform functionality and KONAMI thinking about it. Poor content and license and broken gameplay.

Yes a couple.

Could not have put it better myself – on board with each point.

Anyone pining for 0.9 is a sad lump of a person.

You should all be pining for New Football Game instead.

I thought "Season 0" was a photoshop thing, but no, it's real...

I've just found out about this in the comments of the above tweet. They do not give a fuck about this game any more, do they? I guess if your audience just wants new faces and kits, you just give them what they want. It's not a million miles from EA's strategy, but at least they keep the squads updated.

On a similar note...

He was...

He tweeted to say that "due to internal changes I will no longer be representing eFootball", and now:

GYuwMax.png

It seems like an absolute garbage fire over at Konami. (Always has, but...)
Amazing script for that trailer. First line:

"New hopes, new faces, but the same old game."

If you can sell card packs every fucking Thursday to impressionable people from across the world, of course you're gonna see some success. That's what they've reduced this game to.

@aussiepesfan animations and player weight (dribbling in general) was much more fun in 0.9 and to lesser extent 1.0. but everything else was inferior, graphics, input response, lighting, turf, player models and faces, and most importantly: AI
AI was too chaotic (opponent as well as your own defense and midfield). AI was dumb for the most part, and excuse me PES2021 fans, was too PES2021 AI. In which CPU just ping pong ball in front of the 18 yard then turn around and shoot and it's a goal, or funky keeper save.
AI has gone a long way since 1.0 untill today. CPU attacks became much more varied in current 2.6, as well as CPU plays very different in various stages in the same match, depending on result as well as team quality. You certainly feel better teams press hard and relentless and lesser teams sit back and wait for your response, especially if they do not concede goals.
That wasn't the case when 0.9 and 0.9.1 released

Last edited:
@aussiepesfan animations and player weight (dribbling in general) was much more fun in 0.9 and to lesser extent 1.0. but everything else was inferior, graphics, input response, lighting, turf, player models and faces, and most importantly: AI
AI was too chaotic (opponent as well as your own defense and midfield). AI was dumb for the most part, and excuse me PES2021 fans, was too PES2021 AI. In which CPU just ping pong ball in front of the 18 yard then turn around and shoot and it's a goal, or funky keeper save.
AI has gone a long way since 1.0 untill today. CPU attacks became much more varied in current 2.6, as well as CPU plays very different in various stages in the same match, depending on result as well as team quality. You certainly feel better teams press hard and relentless and lesser teams sit back and wait for your response, especially if they do not concede goals.
That wasn't the case when 0.9 and 0.9.1 released
Also the focus on 1v1 was very apparent in v0.9. your teammates A.I wont help you defend unless you switch to the player. It was very manual unlike newer version which is very automatic defensively.
v0.9 was basically an unfinished game

Hey guys,
Just tried having the directional guide on (the circle around player, showing arrow of direction of movement and pass/shot direction), just to see if it actually was beneficial when playing full manual... not really.... Im just as good without to be honest.. and it looks horrible. But, while doing so, i also tried out a new camera angle: Duel, which surprisingly i really enjoyed. At certain situations though, i noticed the directional circle turned into a double circle.. anyone know what this means, or is there something I can do in 1 v 1 situations??? possibly to zoom in further?? Ill try uploading a video later on... but if anyone knows, any insight would be very much appreciated.

In terms of the directional arrow, what would be great is if one of the graphic modders here could in fact take away the circle, and only leave the small arrow for direction.. would be pretty good for shots on goal. In PES 2021, im constantly using the L2 aiming arrow/indicator when having enough time on the ball for a well aimed shot. Wished they hadnt removed this feature.

I'm trying to install last update.....it says it is 42gb(???) And everytime I pause it and shut down the pc. The next time restarts the update from zero. Any idea why?

Hey guys,
Just tried having the directional guide on (the circle around player, showing arrow of direction of movement and pass/shot direction), just to see if it actually was beneficial when playing full manual... not really.... Im just as good without to be honest.. and it looks horrible. But, while doing so, i also tried out a new camera angle: Duel, which surprisingly i really enjoyed. At certain situations though, i noticed the directional circle turned into a double circle.. anyone know what this means, or is there something I can do in 1 v 1 situations??? possibly to zoom in further?? Ill try uploading a video later on... but if anyone knows, any insight would be very much appreciated.

In terms of the directional arrow, what would be great is if one of the graphic modders here could in fact take away the circle, and only leave the small arrow for direction.. would be pretty good for shots on goal. In PES 2021, im constantly using the L2 aiming arrow/indicator when having enough time on the ball for a well aimed shot. Wished they hadnt removed this feature.
Double circle means you are using sharp touch which is a full press of RT/R2 after releasing it...I saw one video in YouTube where the person was explaining the significance of the circle while keeping the ball in close control .lf you look closely the ball actually is never outside that circle ..

Last edited:
Interesting, obviously didnt know about the ban. Ive been dissing eFootball since it came out, and have never lasted more than an hour of so before uninstalling... and then didn't even bother installing for the last 6 months... Until last week, just to test it with my new gaming pc. Just played a moment ago, and its actually holding my attention.. Almost ashamed to say im enjoying some aspects more than pes2021, ie. the smoothness of player animations running around the pitch and the momentum felt. There is quite a bit of weight to it (player and ball, particularly when testing out the special powered shots/long balls), and what im really liking is the fact that when you sprint or the ai sprints, the player's legs move realistically quick... how a sprint is supposed to look, if that makes sense. Obviously missing a lot of what PES2021 offers, but the feel (and response) is really good at the minute. Oh, and endo's turf, makes a huge difference. Still not quite as good as the variety of pes2021 turfs.. but much better than default. Im kinda getting optimistic about eFootball2024, which I cant believe im saying.

The current version feels great wight/inertia wise... and the response is great. I particularly like the feel (weight and audio) of kicking the ball around... been overdoing it with the special powered shots/passes.. feels great. Im liking the smoothness/momentum of the dribbling, which for me is a refreshing improvement over pes2021. Also, despite the lack of variety in shooting (it definitely has improved though since the earlier EF's), I had a few strong shots on goal, and the ball physics are good in terms of looking and feeling realistic (how the ball actually moves through the air with realistic weight to the ball).
Its weird that im actually enjoying this game i hated so badly only a month ago... obviously the graphical improvments via endos mod help, possibly also the fact im playing on a new gaming pc (7900xtx + 7800x3D cpu) where everything just feels so smooth.

Great to hear you're enjoying it. No need to qualify your enjoyment either, I think, despite the occasional sniping here.

There are certainly things to admire about this version. Weight, animations, rhythm of play, AI positioning and teammate support. It's just a shame ball physics are unforgivably limited. Tactics etc also missing at this stage is similarly unforgivable. And the general blandness too, with stats irrelevant.

I've barely played it at all since last winter, but played a couple of hours 2 weeks ago. Its interesting that for the first time since pes 6, going from fifa to pes/football doesnt leave pes feeling rigid. The fluidity isnt all that different.

I personally found pes 21 very stale. Can barely play 10 minutes. Wish I enjoyed it. Pes 20 vanilla was fine. But I've generally found pes very stale since 2008. It's just been a long wait for a proper game. Efootball isnt it, and it wont come now. But where efootball is interesting is that it's the only pes other than 14 that has felt genuinely fluid. I suppose they can have that.

Great to hear you're enjoying it. No need to qualify your enjoyment either, I think, despite the occasional sniping here.

There are certainly things to admire about this version. Weight, animations, rhythm of play, AI positioning and teammate support. It's just a shame ball physics are unforgivably limited. Tactics etc also missing at this stage is similarly unforgivable. And the general blandness too, with stats irrelevant.

I've barely played it at all since last winter, but played a couple of hours 2 weeks ago. Its interesting that for the first time since pes 6, going from fifa to pes/football doesnt leave pes feeling rigid. The fluidity isnt all that different.

I personally found pes 21 very stale. Can barely play 10 minutes. Wish I enjoyed it. Pes 20 vanilla was fine. But I've generally found pes very stale since 2008. It's just been a long wait for a proper game. Efootball isnt it, and it wont come now. But where efootball is interesting is that it's the only pes other than 14 that has felt genuinely fluid. I suppose they can have that.

Interesting take, appreciate those things you mentioned you like about efootball. Last night, went back to PES 2021 with all the jucy mods, smooth 60fps on my kick ass 7900xtx+7800x3d pc (not that im gloating) and it does play super smooth ..... and there is just so much completion to P21... ball physics and the variations, the net physics, the tactics, the ai runs and cpu goal scoring variations (need Holland's GP mod for this, so much better than vanilla ver).

Anyways, immediately after, I had an hour on efootball, and wow. Although smooth, you immediately realise that PES 2021 is quite a bit more robotic in movement, missing all the extra transitional animation stuff during dribbling around the park that efootball offers. efootball feels so much smoother in comparison, kinda like a true 360 degrees movement pattern as opposed to what seems more like 270 for P21. Obviously no game is truely 360 degrees, but you get my point hopefully. And this (for me) transfers to a better feeling of weight and inertia, and rhythm of play. The eF players look and feel more solid if that makes sense, and are beefier, look better from a distance than the p21 players. An increased LOD from gameplay view i reckon. The ball size is finally bigger/better (i use a 5% increase ball size mod in P21). Speaking of the ball, although not as varied (yet), i do think EF has a more realistic look and feel to how a ball moves through the air than P21. And weirdly enough, the actual sound of the ball being kicked, which is great in EF adds to the weight... i turn up pitch sounds in audio, in comparison to all other sounds. You'll notice this in the video clip i post in the next couple of hours (ill edit and attach to this post). Finally, Is it me, or does the pitch seem smaller in EF compared to P21?? I immediately felt less space, or the pressure from the cpu (superstar) is way more aggressive, preventing you from playing as open as you can in P21. CPU defense definitely seems more congested.

Anyways, enough rambling.. considering its still a bare bones kind of a game, its doing a lot right!!! its definitely got the feeling and natural running animations right (as opposed to the dreadfully ugly Fifa n son), and im actually enjoying it more than P21 atm... which again, i didnt think id be saying this year. Ill post a clip in a couple of hours, using duel camera... if you havent tried this cam.... try it.. its awesome. Love the mild zoom-ins. Ill be stoked when the camera modders get a hold of this sucker!!! We need proper net physics, a whole heap of balls from Hawke, and the continued turf/visual mods that are currently being actioned. And of course the fully fledged offline mode. Only then, will i really consider changing my god aweful steam review lol

Video:

Last edited:
Large-Scale Maintenance Notice

We will soon be performing a large-scale maintenance in preparation for eFootball™ 2024. The maintenance is scheduled to commence on 09/04/2023 02:00 (UTC).
*The ending time of the large-scale maintenance will be announced at a later date.

・ Purpose of Large-Scale Maintenance
To undergo the in-game asset and other data carryover process.
eFootball™ 2024 will include data updates to reflect promotions/relegations of domestic leagues and player transfers.

・ Available Modes During Large-Scale Maintenance
[eFootball™ World] > [Authentic] > [Match] > [Trial Match] is available during maintenance.

・ Notes
Please note that User Matches will become unavailable 20 minutes before the large-scale maintenance begins.
When the large-scale maintenance begins, all ongoing User Matches will be null and void.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Back
Top Bottom