eFootball (All Platforms)

This is no proof, they just focused on what is most important from their perspective, making their gamer shaving simulator as accessible as possible, which is supposed to increase interest.

As someone whos only just trying this game out ....

Can anyone suggest some button layouts/settings similar or, to as close as PES 2021? Really finding it hard to find a good sweet spot which isn't too far away from it.

I might get a lot of slack for posting this but here it goes....

I have avoided playing efootball for the past couple of years since it went F2P. My buddy recommended I download it... So gameplay-wise, I thought it wasn't as bad as I thought or had read here. I'd say its even enjoyable. In fact I think I enjoyed gameplay more than PES21 or whatever it was called before it went F2P (both vanilla).

Too bad its barebones and yeah it looks like ass. And.. any mod to change difficulty? Also to those on PC, I'm on a AMD 6750XT and this thing makes it scream. Any recommendation to make it a bit less demanding?

This is no proof, they just focused on what is most important from their perspective, making their gamer shaving simulator as accessible as possible, which is supposed to increase interest.
And profit. More access means more card packs to sell to all the little Jimmys from all over the world, and we all know how much Coinami loves selling card packs. Every Thursday. On the dot.

Want better servers? FUCK YOU, here's another Ronaldinho card. Want some various single player modes? Fuck that, why don't you buy our AC Milan card pack which is a reskin from last year, with new kits.

Last edited:

I have avoided playing efootball for the past couple of years since it went F2P. My buddy recommended I download it... So gameplay-wise, I thought it wasn't as bad as I thought or had read here. I'd say its even enjoyable. In fact I think I enjoyed gameplay more than PES21 or whatever it was called before it went F2P (both vanilla).

Too bad its barebones and yeah it looks like ass. And.. any mod to change difficulty? Also to those on PC, I'm on a AMD 6750XT and this thing makes it scream. Any recommendation to make it a bit less demanding?
yeah i dont mind it myself, it just needs an ML now

Ive been a huge critic and boycotter of eFootball since its arrival, and still consider pes 2021 (together with all its modded glory) to be superior in pretty much ever way. However, after installing the latest efootball game last week (mainly because i wanted to see how good it felt with my new gaming pc cpu7800x3d + gpu7900xtx combo) and adding Endo's new graphics+turf mods.. wow.. i actually enjoyed it. It actually felt refreshing gameplay wise (i play full manual), and the one thing it has over pes2021 is that its noticeably smoother.. less robotic in terms of animations and the transitions involved. Endo's mods though, wow... check them out, as they really enhance things visually.

As mentioned, its very bare bones though... modes, net physics.. and just wished they had the manual aiming arrow to help with shooting as with PES 2021.
But it does actually play well, and the animations (particularly running) and smoothness of transitions are better than any other current football game. And as in pes2021, passing the ball around manually feels awesome!!! Ball physics aren't as advanced as pes2021, but much better than i last remembered (since playing efootball 2022 last year) and i saw quite a bit of variety in shots on goal, and deflections etc.

Anyways, may post a video here and there to show off how this game looks with additional visual enhancing mods. Certainly makes a difference to the enjoyment of this game.

Last week I enjoyed the game a lot. Playing at training at Top player difficulty, fuma is really good. No cheating, no strange stuff, pure training match with good duels and required a lot of thinking in attack and defence which Fifa lacks. I am surprised why Konami not unlock the game at least for exibithion matches with all teams and all difficulty settings.

Ive been a huge critic and boycotter of eFootball since its arrival, and still consider pes 2021 (together with all its modded glory) to be superior in pretty much ever way. However, after installing the latest efootball game last week (mainly because i wanted to see how good it felt with my new gaming pc cpu7800x3d + gpu7900xtx combo) and adding Endo's new graphics+turf mods.. wow.. i actually enjoyed it. It actually felt refreshing gameplay wise (i play full manual), and the one thing it has over pes2021 is that its noticeably smoother.. less robotic in terms of animations and the transitions involved. Endo's mods though, wow... check them out, as they really enhance things visually.

As mentioned, its very bare bones though... modes, net physics.. and just wished they had the manual aiming arrow to help with shooting as with PES 2021.
But it does actually play well, and the animations (particularly running) and smoothness of transitions are better than any other current football game. And as in pes2021, passing the ball around manually feels awesome!!! Ball physics aren't as advanced as pes2021, but much better than i last remembered (since playing efootball 2022 last year) and i saw quite a bit of variety in shots on goal, and deflections etc.

Anyways, may post a video here and there to show off how this game looks with additional visual enhancing mods. Certainly makes a difference to the enjoyment of this game.
You should check out Bogo36 Graphic Unlocked too its really good

There is no mod yet to unlock difficulty but there is an offline event under authentic match where you can play against the cpu with any difficulty.

Regarding the graphic you can try reducing the resolution scale under the settings

As someone whos only just trying this game out ....

Can anyone suggest some button layouts/settings similar or, to as close as PES 2021? Really finding it hard to find a good sweet spot which isn't too far away from it.
This is my button configuration

Attachments

• IMG_20230805_235405.jpg
    IMG_20230805_235405.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20230805_235352.jpg
    IMG_20230805_235352.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 20

You're a bit lucky didn't play it earlier because it's horrible.

The gameplay is actually good especially its attacking AI, might be one of the best one in modern era. But yeah just like you said, it's ass. It almost nothing for offline players like myself.

I think Konami staff developed this game for super computer or something cause everytime during cutscene my PC turned into jet, it's loud af. Crazy to think the performance still shit for 3 years. It gets better tho during match but not in cutscene.

That's right
See...it's good for PC folks, but what about those of us on PS5 (& Xbox etc)? 2 years almost, and it's exactly the same options as Nov 2021 (with a few extra balls). You can use in practice, or in the offline events. Yet still nothing for trial match? Whoever is in charge of this game hasn't a clue what day it is, never mind anything to do with gaming

See...it's good for PC folks, but what about those of us on PS5 (& Xbox etc)? 2 years almost, and it's exactly the same options as Nov 2021 (with a few extra balls). You can use in practice, or in the offline events. Yet still nothing for trial match? Whoever is in charge of this game hasn't a clue what day it is, never mind anything to do with gaming
I agree with you. It's sad.

What could be.I’ve had some real humdingers against the cpu on superstar fully manual in trial mode of late.And currently the gameplay(offline imo is better then Pes21).
Surely even Konami themselves,must see.Going forwards,to gain traction.Efootball will needs offline components.

I get the whole card thing and how much revenue it’s generating.But surely konamis older core audience needs to be serviced.It’s not like there hasn’t been a raft of incremental improvements to the gameplay offline.The AI as someone else rightly stated,is imo also the best it’s been in the modern era.It certainly SEEMs like there gearing up for ML content or some kind of single player content.

I also don’t buy into the idea,it’s more dumbed down,when,imo offline.There’s more variety and the gameplay is smoother/more responsive then pes using the FOX engine ever was.Imo there’s a great football game here.Just one that’s so devoid of content/modes.What a waste this would be.When there’s so many hungry mouths outside of the toxic,asssited passing fest that is online.Looking for a offline football game.

Last edited:
Someone announces every week that the graphics will be polished and the focus will be on gameplay and new two mechanics. In between his "rumors" there were also, there will be nothing new to efootball 2024 and this same man says. 😂

What could be.I’ve had some real humdingers against the cpu on superstar fully manual in trial mode of late.And currently the gameplay(offline imo is better then Pes21).
Surely even Konami themselves,must see.Going forwards,to gain traction.Efootball will needs offline components.

I get the whole card thing and how much revenue it’s generating.But surely konamis older core audience needs to be serviced.It’s not like there hasn’t been a raft of incremental improvements to the gameplay offline.The AI as someone else rightly stated,is imo also the best it’s been in the modern era.It certainly SEEMs like there gearing up for ML content or some kind of single player content.

I also don’t buy into the idea,it’s more dumbed down,when,imo offline.There’s more variety and the gameplay is smoother/more responsive then pes using the FOX engine ever was.Imo there’s a great football game here.Just one that’s so devoid of content/modes.What a waste this would be.When there’s so many hungry mouths outside of the toxic,asssited passing fest that is online.Looking for a offline football game.

Gearing up for ML content for how many years? It's not happening. We need to let it go. It's a travesty but they haven't even unlocked the most basic of settings!

I'm sorry to say it but anyone struggling against the efootball AI is just playing it the wrong way. And by the wrong way I mean you are probably trying to play football, building up nice attacks and so on and unfortunately this is not what this game is about.

Spoony shows here that the way to be 'good' at this game is just to get the ball forward as fast as possible by spamming first time passes and the automation will put you in great scoring positions with very little thought or consideration required.

The game flow is far more similar to basketball than it is to football and I guess the idea is to create an all action game that produces the high high's and low low's needed to addict users to a gambling product.

I also think in efootball as we have one of the least tactically customisable games in decades that is also lacking basic features like 2nd man press and trigger runs. Taking crucial decision making out of the players hands and replacing it with an algorithm which might then make the game appear more fluid in order to fool the casual observer that they are seeing a more sophisticated AI when in fact it is just the same choreographed programmed patterns repeating themselves over and over again.

I would also argue this is why we get complaints of seeing 'the same goal' over and over again, really just a repetitive, shallow gameplay which is designed in a way to maximise the chances of players putting real money in.

Legend difficulty is too much for me as i play on manual and with normal teams. And the ai play like prime barca on this diff. Maybe if i have a team full of superstars on steroids i wont have problem beating legend ai like spoonypizza did.

Back
Top Bottom