eFootball (All Platforms)

How such a desease of a game even existe?

Shit like this only happens on divisions mode.

I do feel your pain with this clip here. Anyone would think you're just a poor player, I but i've been through exactly this.

Online, there is such an unacceptable latency that it's practically unplayable and unenjoyable because almost every basic action causes so much stress. It also seems like the animations lack urgency which is why your first pass ended up getting swallowed up by the pressing striker and then the back pass to the keeper, i'm also very certain you didn't even intend to pass in that direction, the pass aiming also seems to self sabotage on occasion too, probably just because of the forced handicapping the game bestows on one team or the other during online games.

Offline, this game is really bloody enjoyable, it's got a touch of latency but it's responsiveness is still very tolerable in comparison to online.

For the majority of us on this site, a ML & edit mode/mods is our only hope but we all know why it's being intentionally withheld.

If we are talking about the capabilities of the engine and the potential of efootball, if we were to take advantage of it and that is what Unreal Engine 4 is capable of!
The power of the UE 4 engine is fit for the gaming genre
You can't compare an open world with a sport like soccer.
And I tell you that it is much easier to develop a photorealistic game of the Open World or Action genre than one of sports / simulators
where the gameplay/physics/animations affect more than the graphics themselves

The power of the UE 4 engine is fit for the gaming genre
You can't compare an open world with a sport like soccer.
And I tell you that it is much easier to develop a photorealistic game of the Open World or Action genre than one of sports / simulators
where the gameplay/physics/animations affect more than the graphics themselves
See my friend you're only partially correct I have two theories on why the graphics in efootball are bad. The first is that the devs aren't experienced with the new engine and are basically learning on the job. This theory has one big issue however since they have been using the unreal engine for the mobile game for a while now and the game files confirm the unreal engine just renders the graphics. The second theory is that they are purposefully holding back the graphics because of online and cross play. Even in the game's current state you can't play morning games online every match is at night time so the konami servers don't explode. They also want to do crossplay between generations and even mobile so the graphics and menus have to be in a state that can cross over on all platforms. Personally the second theory is the one that's more plausible to me it doesn't take a lot to make the game look good graphically just put in better grass and some actual weather effects and it'll look fine.

See my friend you're only partially correct I have two theories on why the graphics in efootball are bad. The first is that the devs aren't experienced with the new engine and are basically learning on the job. This theory has one big issue however since they have been using the unreal engine for the mobile game for a while now and the game files confirm the unreal engine just renders the graphics. The second theory is that they are purposefully holding back the graphics because of online and cross play. Even in the game's current state you can't play morning games online every match is at night time so the konami servers don't explode. They also want to do crossplay between generations and even mobile so the graphics and menus have to be in a state that can cross over on all platforms. Personally the second theory is the one that's more plausible to me it doesn't take a lot to make the game look good graphically just put in better grass and some actual weather effects and it'll look fine.
Not only do they have to limit the graphics, but they have to limit the animations, physics if they have cross-play and therefore it has to hold better responsiveness, fps and optimization.

The official eFootball Twitch channel is currently streaming the Copa Italia eSports event along with its cooperative event, which is great news. It's encouraging to see that they're thinking about cooperative play. However, the disappointing aspect is that they're only using 2 vs 2.
This may be a hint that if they release a coop mode, it may also be limited to 2 vs 2 only :( .
Personally, I would have preferred a 3 vs 3 mode.

Last edited:
*Opens door, sticks in head, sees that nothing has EVER IMPROVED and leaves*

Me too. I pick up the odd bit from Twitter. I even played the thing myself a couple of weeks ago. But it's so hard to understand what's going on with the direction of this game because meaningful updates from Konami are non-existent, and that void is filled with rumour and anger.

[resumes with retro]

The official eFootball Twitch channel is currently streaming the Copa Italia eSports event along with its cooperative event, which is great news. It's encouraging to see that they're thinking about cooperative play. However, the disappointing aspect is that they're only using 2 vs 2.
This may be a hint that if they release a coop mode, it may also be limited to 2 vs 2 only :( .
Personally, I would have preferred a 3 vs 3 mode.
Oh God, they have a twitch channel lol...

But its a simulator 😂
This can't be right, what about the subtle dribbling controls never before seen in a football game. Also that gentleman with the japanese footballer as his avi is enjoying it and he really seems to know a lot about football.

But its a simulator 😂
This is where I can't get on board with the criticism - in-fact, one of the reasons FIFA is (for me) a really poor experience is because the AI is completely and utterly braindead, precisely because of complaints like this.

Granted, I can understand the argument that they shouldn't *tackle* for you, but everything up to that point (which is being lumped in with the "AI defending" argument in the comments) I think should be in the game.

Say that was a Master League game and I've bought £500m of defenders for my team. What are they supposed to do? Stand there watching? In which case - firstly, what is the point of upgrading your team, where does the longevity of the game come from? Secondly, every match will be the exact same, from playing Man City to Molde - everybody's defenders just watching you run by.

How is that different for online play? What's the point in upgrading your players (using "credits" or using real money) if, at any given moment, 10 of them are mannequins no different from each other?

Football is a team sport that relies on teamwork across the pitch. If a game ignores this, it's not a football game - it's a football-themed game, it's Fortnite with football kits on (a 1v1 eSport-based experience that wouldn't have existed ten years ago because eSports hadn't ruined so many games yet).

Frankly that video makes me more interested in eFootball, not less.

Last edited:
This is where I can't get on board with the criticism - in-fact, one of the reasons FIFA is (for me) a really poor experience is because the AI is completely and utterly braindead, precisely because of complaints like this.

Granted, I can understand the argument that they shouldn't *tackle* for you, but everything up to that point (which is being lumped in with the "AI defending" argument in the comments) I think should be in the game.

Say that was a Master League game and I've bought £500m of defenders for my team. What are they supposed to do? Stand there watching? In which case - firstly, what is the point of upgrading your team, where does the longevity of the game come from? Secondly, every match will be the exact same, from playing Man City to Molde - everybody's defenders just watching you run by.

How is that different for online play? What's the point in upgrading your players (using "credits" or using real money) if, at any given moment, 10 of them are mannequins no different from each other?

Football is a team sport. The AI should behave exactly as it would in real life. Frankly that video makes me more interested in giving eFootball another go.

There is always two extreme between FIFA and PES. Either AI defending/closing down is non existent or it's fully automated. PES 2012 had the perfect balance for defending where it kept the best of both worlds.

I do think there is something in the play v the AI which has promise. But the thing that stops me jumping into matches everyday is the lack of Top Player. That would be the perfect difficulty for me in this game. Combine with a 15 minute match, and I'll happily jump on and play a few games. Right now, I feel like on Superstar, the chance of me going past players or running clear away from the AI defence is too low. They win the ball 90% of the time, and the 10% I do get through, there's a wall of a keeper to beat as well. Most games, I finish it with more shots and less goals (if any). I do play FUMA, and I did knock the pass assist down one level, but the help it had was miniscule. I played Top Player in the training mode, and it felt a lot better to me. I don't know how long it will take, but leagues such as the SPFL and the Argentine league are missing still, so I can't wait to see those.

That's what annoys me about eFootball the most tbh. There are things in the game that show genuine promise to build up equal to and beyond PES 2021 (even if a 'different' game), but Konami drop the ball (no pun intended) and put all of their focus onto that dream team nonsense, which whilst ok, probably is still full of annoyances to those who play it regularly.

Efootball reminds me of the 'Grand Prix' ride at Blackpool pleasure beach that I used to go on when I was around age 6. "Look at me Dad, I'm driving on my own' I'd say as I went along in my car that was going along on a rail, I really thought I was driving!

Now imagine you had a full grown adult in the car fully convinced they are driving a real car, you'd perhaps think them a bit strange.

That's where we're at with these games and it really feels like some sort of sci-fi dystopia where people have lost all critical thinking skills. No wonder these companies continue to go in this direction when they see how credulous their audience is.

1000px-Grand_Prix_(Blackpool_Pleasure_Beach)_2006_01.jpg

I remember the defending was a nightmare in pre v1.0.0. The AI constantly ball watching and never helps to defend like practice cones and people went mad about that. I even made a video about the issue.
I dont want to experience that ever again.
You prefer that? The Game playing for yourself? I think in defending system there must be something mix between your control and control of your players

You prefer that? The Game playing for yourself? I think in defending system there must be something mix between your control and control of your players
Totally disagree. A game is either a football game, or it isn't. A game where a £100m defender floats around serving no function (and not improving your defence through his positioning, movement and/or marking) unless you hold his hand for him, isn't a football game. It's a 1v1-skill-gap-me-bro money-spinner. (In my opinion.) The best PES games ever were football games.

I dont play pes 20/21 for the longest time but does that game has the same AI assistance when defending? I cant remember

Back
Top Bottom