eFootball (All Platforms)

After playing this game exclusively for the last couple of weeks I have to say I’m really enjoying it.

I play on possession and you can get some lovely passing goals on the go.

I only play offline. I have zero interest in playing against anti football virgins online who use whatever meta tactic they can to exploit the game.

This game is so far ahead of FIFA for anyone who wants to play nice football and it’s only gonna get better.

I was going to make a video called 'How To Get the Best Out of eFootball' where I would just film myself deleting the game from the PS5. Too bad I can't even be arsed to do that so please imagine that I actually made that scathing insight into this sorry mess of a game because it blissfully has been purged from my SSD.

They rightly make fun of NBA 2K23 for being having a large file size on next gen (143 GB on PS5!) but that is an actual video game with content in it. The eFootball demo experience was 45.8 GB - Like Churchill said: "Never has so much room on a next gen console been used for so little."

This shit is still a phenomenon :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: Like EVERY 2nd game is like this...you just cant score while the opposition manages to go once to your goal line and its a goal from an impossible angle or because of 4-5 defending errors at once by the ai.
View attachment 195030

Here is the truth.

Most players are either on PA2 or PA1 especially hence why they are so clinical.

PA3 means you miss your passes much more or the absolutley infuriating shit where the pass goes to the wrong player, overhit crosses, miss shots since your passes will put your players off balance and most important your first touches are realistic so they are not perfect everytime.

PA1 guys you can tell with how their players never lose balance and passes always go perfectly to whatever player they direct them to and even if it goes to the wrong player it hits them perfeclty unlike on PA3 when even if you aim at the right player if the game deems it wasant correct it magnetically guides that pass or cross to the opposition.

It's sad as i rarely have games against many players who use PA3. Games are good, more natural and enjoyable on that PA3. Most people who understand the game use at least PA2, many of these high division players clearly on PA1.

Last edited:
The league I've been in for 6+ years has now finally closed its doors:

Managers stayed around, hopeful that maybe a lobby system would be workable by now. Alas, the Dream Team lobbies and the DT functionality makes a proper league almost impossible. And the old way of doing it is also impossible now, since it used Edit Mode and Master League team data, exported into Friendly Lobbies – all three features we no longer have.

People even played extra seasons on a game that we were all tired of by now (PES2020/21). All in the vain hope something good might be around the corner. But now an 18 year old league which had over 100 members at any given time is just another casualty of the soulless capitalism at the heart of Konami and its F2P cashcow gutting of the franchise.

I called this happening on the league forum as soon as I saw that first horrendous trailer for eFootball (and I wasn't popular for pointing it out lol). I am sad to have seen it right. Fuck Konami.

Amazing post. Thank you for that.

The thing is - people like us dont play Fortnite, or Call of Duty, or Fifa, or eFootball..
People like us play slower, more tactical games that require using our brains, not just quick fingers.
Thats why I met most of my older friends on Dayz and Hell Let Loose.
If a company released football game thats closer to a real match, where you have to play chess with AI - it would be a huge success.
Its criminal that both EA and Konami cant see it.

Even if all the popular streamers rage quit and say "this is shite, this is too realistic" - they would be quickly replaced by new ones, who love this sort of football grind. The stories that they could provide on youtube - their unique football journeys, their grind. It would be much more popular than what we have now - same boring clips of people having teams full of legends.

Same with e-sport. If they started organising Full Manual competitions, that really require skill and brain - it would be much more popular than Pass Assisst level 10 ping pong fiesta. Hell - I would watch Full Manual Tournament.
So true. Great post.

Its so silly Konami allow people to play and get to Division 1 playing on PA1 yet this isnt available in any of the efootball esports tournaments as they have to go right back to PA3. This explains why all these esports live streams sometimes result in certain players getting slaughtered by those who are truly good at the game and dont need PA1.

This game is crying out of pass assistance lobbies.

Last edited:
Here is the truth.

Most players are either on PA2 or PA1 especially hence why they are so clinical.

PA3 means you miss your passes much more or the absolutley infuriating shit where the pass goes to the wrong player, overhit crosses, miss shots since your passes will put your players off balance and most important your first touches are realistic so they are not perfect everytime.

PA1 guys you can tell with how their players never lose balance and passes always go perfectly to whatever player they direct them to and even if it goes to the wrong player it hits them perfeclty unlike on PA3 when even if you aim at the right player if the game deems it wasant correct it magnetically guides that pass or cross to the opposition.

It's sad as i rarely have games against many players who use PA3. Games are good, more natural and enjoyable on that PA3. Most people who understand the game use at least PA2, many of these high division players clearly on PA1.
So the game is bullshit as it is without pa filters. So i lost 5-0 which felt like exactly because of this, now i won 6-0...and while my players still doing the WTF passes the other team was doing way more errors and got for me which seen as less assistance from the ai than the previous guy. So you say the 2nd opponent was on PA3 level like me? Its cleary not PA4 as i could see the powerbar being yellow. I think we can rule out the team chemistry or whatever its called as thats always 100 now for everyone by now. In the beginning people were not aware of that factor.

Last edited:
Its so silly Konami allow people to play and get to Division 1 playing on PA1 yet this isnt available in any of the efootball esports tournaments as they have to go right back to PA3.
Wait - are you saying that eSport torunaments have a rule to use PA3 now?
PA3 as the new PA3? One level below Full Manual? The lowest level of assistance?

I have reached out, via Private Message, to one of well known PES eSport players in the past (2020 to be exact) and I asked him specifically what Pass Assistance level is he using during eSport tournaments.
And he told me he is using the highest PA level, coz everyone else does and he doesnt want to have a disadvantage.

So either it has changed recently, or you are misinformed.

So the game is bullshit as it is without pa filters. So i lost 5-0 which felt like exactly because of this, now i won 6-0...and while my players still doing the WTF passes the other team was doing way more errors and got for me which seen as less assistance from the ai than the previous guy. So you say the 2nd opponent was on PA3 level like me? Its cleary not PA4 as i could see the powerbar being yellow. I think we can rule out the team chemistry or whatever its called as thats always 100 now for everyone by now. In the beginning people were not aware of that factor.
It dont matter what assistance level you choose the powerbar shows up the same. Its just augmented so on PA1 the AI does almost everything for you and makes each pass perfectly go to that player. PA2 there is a helping factor to guide it to the player you want. A lot of players even TMK uses PA2.

PA3 is a fucking nightmare online in general, but i play to enjoy myself and i know i would truly despise this game playing on PA1.

Wait - are you saying that eSport torunaments have a rule to use PA3 now?
PA3 as the new PA3? One level below Full Manual? The lowest level of assistance?

I have reached out, via Private Message, to one of well known PES eSport players in the past (2020 to be exact) and I asked him specifically what Pass Assistance level is he using during eSport tournaments.
And he told me he is using the highest PA level, coz everyone else does and he doesnt want to have a disadvantage.

So either it has changed recently, or you are misinformed.
Pro player Idominator said that theres a rule that you have to use PA3 in all events so even though you can use PA 1 & 2 in regular online matches, it will give you a disadvantage when you get into esports.

I was watching him tear this guy apart in the first esports match like 7-1 or something and his opponent had a horrible cheesy 5-2-1-1 formation thing which made me think hes qualified playing on PA1 and got found out on PA3.

But call me naive but i have some hope for version 3.0.0 we could maybe see L2 manual modifier back like in PES 2011-2021 As so many of us including TTB have demanded this back. This would massivley help the game as we need a permenant manual function. I'm so tired of missing chances from having to rely on PA3 passes when for the last 10 years im used to using L2 manual putting balls into space.

I only want to play full manual online vs others using it. Would be nice when we one day actually get pass filter matchmaking lobbies.

Pro player Idominator said that theres a rule that you have to use PA3 in all events so even though you can use PA 1 & 2 in regular online matches
Thats interesting. Eldrigde O'Niel was the one I spoke to and he told me there was no Pass Assistance rules during events and everyone used the highest.
Now - that conversation took place before eFootball, so maybe the rules have changed since..

PA1 should be the strict minimum to play with, online on competition or not.
Then manual separately. Manual is another world, but PA3 needs at least a bit of calibration.

There's too much selection. To me it should be, or PA1 or Manual if we focus on what we have now.
But i would set PA1 as the lowest difficulty level, then Semi (less assisted than PA1, the change between manual is too brutal) then manual.
It's pretty simple. 3 selection.
I want to feel stats so i prefers PA1, but something like Semi (keeping stats as relevant, but with more freedom to pass on the right/middle/left of the receiver... With stats affect)

Edit : i tend sometimes to say the wrong assistance, when i said "PA3 or 1" > I talk about the assistance by default when you launch the game.
To me there's shouldn't be any option to get more assistance than that. Never understood why there's a 2 level above, PA1 isn't like super hard to learn. Just the passing strength a bit when you really start PES/EF after being on Fifa or didn't played a football game since years.

Last edited:
I have to say after patch 2.2 I'm having a lot of fun with this game, and I use PA3.

It was a shit game at launch but I recognize now is a good game, gameplay-wise. But, as you know there is not enough content, so once I reach Div 1 I will stop playing until Konami decides to put some effort.

I wish you all happy new year with glopal peace and health...
exept konami 1/1/2023 today where is even paid content leagues?!?!!?!?!?
the MOST UNTRUST COMPANY EVER ALL TIME

The league I've been in for 6+ years has now finally closed its doors:

Managers stayed around, hopeful that maybe a lobby system would be workable by now. Alas, the Dream Team lobbies and the DT functionality makes a proper league almost impossible. And the old way of doing it is also impossible now, since it used Edit Mode and Master League team data, exported into Friendly Lobbies – all three features we no longer have.

People even played extra seasons on a game that we were all tired of by now (PES2020/21). All in the vain hope something good might be around the corner. But now an 18 year old league which had over 100 members at any given time is just another casualty of the soulless capitalism at the heart of Konami and its F2P cashcow gutting of the franchise.

I called this happening on the league forum as soon as I saw that first horrendous trailer for eFootball (and I wasn't popular for pointing it out lol). I am sad to have seen it right. Fuck Konami.
Absolute tragedy, I was part of PEN too and my mate Goat. Cheers Konami for ruining everything.

After playing this game exclusively for the last couple of weeks I have to say I’m really enjoying it.

I play on possession and you can get some lovely passing goals on the go.

I only play offline. I have zero interest in playing against anti football virgins online who use whatever meta tactic they can to exploit the game.

This game is so far ahead of FIFA for anyone who wants to play nice football and it’s only gonna get better.
Offline is great imo but unfortunately there isn't much to do. I don't even understand the point of the game in the current format anymore. I just keep playing events to earn points..that's all.

Here is the truth.

PA3 has been butchered with this last update imo. I gave up hope yrs ago for a proper semi-assisted option (like Pes13's PA1). It's just got incrementally more assisted yr after yr.

It's a shame they've never come up with a balanced system across all assist settings, pros & cons for each. The setting effects everything, no just passing. It's like an 'on rails' gameplay strengthener.
Doesn't seem to be possible for them to separate passing accuracy alone from first touch, shooting accuracy, passing speed, heading, overall 'rail' running, loose ball mechanics, +/- player animations etc.

I'd like to see the base gameplay & overall speed be as loose/free as it is on PA4 for everyone. Then add options for pass & shot accuracy only. Still not ideal for an online competitive environment, but a hell of lot better than we've ever had before.
But that just shows up the games code imo. It's just turned 2023, and the games skeleton, that everything else is built on, is still the same from over 10yrs ago.

PA3 has been butchered with this last update imo. I gave up hope yrs ago for a proper semi-assisted option (like Pes13's PA1). It's just got incrementally more assisted yr after yr.

It's a shame they've never come up with a balanced system across all assist settings, pros & cons for each. The setting effects everything, no just passing. It's like an 'on rails' gameplay strengthener.
Doesn't seem to be possible for them to separate passing accuracy alone from first touch, shooting accuracy, passing speed, heading, overall 'rail' running, loose ball mechanics, +/- player animations etc.

I'd like to see the base gameplay & overall speed be as loose/free as it is on PA4 for everyone. Then add options for pass & shot accuracy only. Still not ideal for an online competitive environment, but a hell of lot better than we've ever had before.
But that just shows up the games code imo. It's just turned 2023, and the games skeleton, that everything else is built on, is still the same from over 10yrs ago.
I dont think it was butchered at all in 2.3.0 . Its been shit since the beginning in every version since. What frustrates me the most is as i mentioned the lack of of L2 manual modifier. This is 2022 and in the 360 degrees of movement game we have now i realized many moons ago that automatic passing simply don't cut the mustard to deliver the right kind of pass you need for all the various attacking runs your team makes.

Then again the depth of PA3 will only be discovered properly when the game is finally opened up to matches longer than just 10 minutes offline at least. I feel as if online is deliberatley designed to be noob friendly and 'fixed' to heavily assist PA1 and PA2 settings to get as many people playing as possible as a priority. If you even look at pro player indominators streams playing in division 1 most games he dominates his opponents with say 13 shots to 3 yet only wins 3-2 or 2-1 in a close game as him on PA3 means he misses chances and has issues but everything is pitch perfect and accurate for his PA1 opponent.

I see potential when i play this offline, but its still held back with matches being so short so theres not enough love, depth and care put into PA3 to make it like it was like the standard excellent passing syatem of PES 2011 or what we saw in PES 2013 or PES 2015 even. Those games had programming implemented especially 2011 which added more diffcaulty depending on just how long the match was.

As for the code being the problem, the biggest change we have seen from PES 2020 to even the first 0.9.0 build of efootball was the movement and dribbling which has evolved since the tron running system from PES 2014-2020. This however requires 10,000s of animations for it to work to provide the realism to bring out the games potential which isnt fully there yet and was nowhere near in the earlier builds which really felt heavily on rails. Also domt forget about Team Playstyle rating. This is why games feel so similar as the game deliberatley aids or hinders your teams attacking runs and defensive organisation depending on how high or low your rating is.

I kinda get the delay of ML to a point, however limited match lengths, the ability to choose stadiums, edit mode etc ..... why would they do that ... is it purely just about control, it's absolutely bizarre !!

3 months ago, Efootball featured "Guti" as part of their epic card packs.

3 months later, they feature him again. Amazing content. Best start to 2023. 💩💩💩💩

Hmm... Maybe he was just effective and you weren't? It doesn't say anything.
Or perhaps its just says 90% of the players cant play football and i can keep the ball and create chances but cant score and i struggle to play actual football, because the defence is automated, the goalie is automated, my strikers are stupid vs the likes of Nesta, Beckenbauer. While for them a single bullshit chance is enough to score from a rebound, shit passing mechanics, goalie error with the likes of automated players like Haaland. All on PA1 of course.
If thats effective that 90% of people are playing this like a walking simulator then yes, they are effective and im not.

I kinda get the delay of ML to a point, however limited match lengths, the ability to choose stadiums, edit mode etc ..... why would they do that ... is it purely just about control, it's absolutely bizarre !!
There’s zero reason for ANY delay for offline content. They literally could have released the most basic version from the original PES/WE titles with no depth or features but they couldn’t manage that even.

The truth is, and they’ve explicitly stated it as well as alluded to it multiple times, they see the future as online multiplayer and offline has ZERO focus for them. It’s been 15 months and we have next to no options for the demo/exhibition offline match.

The worst thing anybody can do is encourage Konami by even installing and launching this shit.

The current model is clearly working (financially, which is all that matters). Our wants and desires are meaningless.

If you still live in hope of serious offline content (e.g. a Master League) arriving any time soon - or more broadly, of football games becoming less dumbed-down and more actual-recreation ever again - you are simply mad, at this point.

They have a tried-and-tested money-making method and even if a sim-based game would be a breath of fresh air that would blow every type of gamer away (and I truly believe that), it isn't going to happen.

Thank God for the classics.

The worst thing anybody can do is encourage Konami by even installing and launching this shit.
They are getting all the encouragement they need from the YouTubers and twitch streamers who play this game religiously. Someone like 9algames hitting 100k views a video playing efootball and spending coins is an example of that. Then you have others who are forcing themselves to play this game because they want a share of the audience that watches his channel. Coinami see that and go "hey, people are playing our game and it's quite popular on YouTube. They also see the amount of money players are spending buying the 100th version of Messi, Ronaldo.

The current model is clearly working (financially, which is all that matters). Our wants and desires are meaningless.

If you still live in hope of serious offline content (e.g. a Master League) arriving any time soon - or more broadly, of football games becoming less dumbed-down and more actual-recreation ever again - you are simply mad, at this point.

They have a tried-and-tested money-making method and even if a sim-based game would be a breath of fresh air that would blow every type of gamer away (and I truly believe that), it isn't going to happen.

Thank God for the classics.

Actually a few months back, I was a reading a twitter thread about the simplification of club emblems over the years. The point the OP was trying to make was that, because clubs were now treating themselves more as brands, they've opted for more minimalist logos as they are more easily recognizable. Why? Because for brands that are more easily recognizable it is easier to associate them with different aspects in our lives. Ultimately the goal is to generate as much money as possible right? Well it's a lot easier when a brand is quite literally ingrained into the minds of your consumers. And it isn't just the logos that are being simplified. They've streamlined every aspect of their businesses in order to cut cost and, as a result, boost profit.

In a sense, it feels like Konami is trying the same thing with eFootball. eFootball has a simplistic logo (that 'e' that looks like a giant euro). As is the gameplay experience they have delivered (one mode real mode without many alternatives). It's also easily accessible (F2P title constant giving away player cards) so it's easy to get into and hit the ground running.

So there you have it. Simple logo, simple gameplay experience, that's easily accessible. It's honestly a marketing executive's wet dream.

Honestly sales and marketing people have entirely too much power and, while I think it's had a negative impact on our lives in general, I think it has especially negatively impacted the gaming industry (it's impacted Hollywood too but they can keep making movies for their new Chinese overlords I don't care). Video games are supposed to engage you as you are literally actually interacting with them. To syphon the gameplay experience down to something more akin to a process than an interactive experience, is to take away that experience entirely.

That's what happened with eFootball; it's been streamlined into a revenue generator in the same way that Diablo Immortal was/is. In the same way myCareer is in NBA 2K. In the same way much of mobile gaming has been and will continue to be. This is what gaming has evolved into because the people at the helms are no longer the ones who put the experience first.

Back
Top Bottom