eFootball (All Platforms)

When I look at last year's "new football game", there is real progress so far, but considering that the game is not made in two years, it is just the game as it is, with bad graphics, unfinished animations, many problems, bugs, and the rest. which goes along with it and that's why there is a critic... Of course, the most criticism is about the offline modes, which is completely understandable and correct, because there is still a large fan base that likes this mode.

When I look at last year's "new football game", there is real progress so far, but considering that the game is not made in two years, it is just the game as it is, with bad graphics, unfinished animations, many problems, bugs, and the rest. which goes along with it and that's why there is a critic... Of course, the most criticism is about the offline modes, which is completely understandable and correct, because there is still a large fan base that likes this mode.
My biggest concern with one, constantly updated version is that sooner or later it will lose all the elements that had potential.
Being purely online focused it already lost a lot of randomness, passes are more acurate. Whatever vision they had at the start will be gone, sooner or later and it will just be a poor Fifa clone.

If this tournament is going to be the same 10 minute matches, with the inability to change weather and the time of day, then I'm not even going to bother. I'll bet you some of these national teams don't have their licensed kits, nor can you edit them because there is no edit mode AFAIK. And how you going to have a trials tournament (ridiculous in it of itself) without teams like England, Nigeria, Senegal, Saudi Arabia?

And I hear TBB and several other youtubers/influencers are going to some Coinami sponsored event in Los Angeles later this week to talk about the direction of Efootball. Is this true? Is anyone here aware of this?

These days, the only way to confirm whether something is coming out is through's Efootball's twitter handle and Coinami's own website. I don't put any stock in the shit these youtubers say anymore because they've squandered their credibility with months and months of spreading rumors, fake news, making unsubstantiated claims about the game's development just so that they could look relevant and be in the know of Efootball news. Now the talk is next year, things will change and get better. Says who? Do you have a direct line to the devs? Any official word from Coinami? If not, then go do one.

The last time a group of PES/Efootball youtubers and influencers were invited to a Coinami event, they told us the beta was better than V 0.9. 🤡 It sounds like I'm salty, but I am growing extremely tired of the lies, empty promises, and the PR bullshit coming out of this company.

Last edited:
I've organised a drunken co-op England World Cup (International Cup) session for Friday on eFootball, so this better have everything we need... or we go back to PES 2021 and I can sneakily throw in some QPR players into our squad while my mate is going for a pre tournament poo.

The part about midfielders not travelling out wide….and wide players staying only out wide is a little concerning. It sounds a little ‘1v1’ to me…

Its not an offline mode is just another online mode event against AI and "friendly match" now translated as "test match" in offline
No it's an proper offline tournament mode similar to the "International Cup mode" in pes21 where we select a national team and play against the AI and not against players online..It has the same format as of the actual world cup like a group stage and then to the knockouts..I just hope they make it atleast an immersive experience with some cut scenes for winning the cup..
well dammit which one is it

Man it's nice to see specific detailed patch notes like this

I remember how often they'd be very vague in their description of of gameplay updates lol

Passing is really sped up. Can only imagine how insane it'll be online with the pingpong full assisted crowd.
Player movement and dribbling feels clunky/less responsive. Maybe it'll take some getting used to but even then the gameplay balance between dribbling vs passing feels way off. Good luck dribbling (or even taking a 2nd touch) against kamikaze human missile defending.
Player switching off & def is still a complete mess.

Gameplay has moved in opposite direction from what I was hoping after reading patch notes.

Man it's nice to see specific detailed patch notes like this

I remember how often they'd be very vague in their description of of gameplay updates lol
That's because the game is literally being developed, lol

Atleast we got the good old "A variety of minor adjustments have been made to each mode and to matches, with the aim of improving the overall gaming experience."

😂

This is the way of the modern world, sadly. I honestly feel like "our time" for football games is dead and buried, which makes me so desperately sad. I don't want to play the old games any more.

In 2018, PES was selling less than 1 million copies compared to FIFA's 12 million (source). FIFA sales were up 6%-10% each year since - I vaguely remember seeing 20+ million sales for last year mentioned somewhere. But PES's numbers stayed the same.

Release a fully-featured £60+ football game and it'll barely sell, because FIFA exists at (almost) the same price and does everything better (maybe not the gameplay, but even then, public opinion of PES's gameplay is pretty poor).

Whereas... Release a simplified barebones product for free, across many platforms, cut your development / physical release costs, and sell "coins" to a fraction of your audience and... Ka-ching!

Single-player gamers only have one place to go, and that place is just as obsessed with "coins" - and they're less than a year away from a major rebrand, just like PES-to-eFootball. I fear the worst.
If a lot of countries starts recognizing these are mostly online gambling platforms, then the problem would be much alleviated. Unfortunately they obviously are not going to do such things in countries where a majority of KONAMI's customers are (Asia and LtAmerica)

I didn't download it yet. Just watched some videos
I like the speed of the ball, feel more realistic now.
But other than that...gees! the animations are more stiff, the fluiditiy is totally gone now, everything the original efootball22 (v.0.9) offered is gone now.
An oldschool ping pong, unrealistic but more responsive, football-based video game.
And it's not Konami's fault.
It's our fault giving feedback because we will never accept and adapt to something innovative and different.
Let's enjoy the same garbage as always.

PS: The golden recipe is there Konami. Animations/fluidity of v.0.9.1 or even v.1.00 + stunning shot and pass speed from V2.2.
To be honest I thing that V1.00 was pretty good.

Both games are dead in the water now, had my fingers crossed for this update after FIFA was totally ruined by last patch. This game is garbage too

To be fair... I... I ... I don't see so much difference! Yes, I play just one match but.. yeah! I'm a HUGE FAN of dribbling and tricks, they talk a lot about it but it's basically the same, maybe a bit more responsive. I don't know it's hard to tell but the only difference is passing, now are way faster and easier and I see there will be a lot of ping-pong spamming all the time as FIFA. They make the game just easier overall, they won't even brainless diaper babies can play it. And yeah, they change the UI a bit.

I have to hand it to Konami, they have managed to create an entire subgenre of games. You have heard of rogue-likes, but get ready for eFootball 2022 - The demo-like. upon starting the game this morning after the maintenance update you will be greeted with news about... another maintenance update. That's right, the last 2.0000000.200000 or whatever update has only added the national teams and literally NOTHING else. No World Cup tournament anything, and even if you are ill enough to want to play Dream Team you can piss right off. So what you have here is a exhibition mode with fixed difficulty on either Superstar or toddler level (as before) and other things locked as well of course so unless you like playing exhibition games on superstar, it is useless. I did play one match with England against Belgium and didn't find any of this alleged fast passing, probably because I am playing on manual. In fact, they may have actually improved the manual passing somewhat, I might have to check on that when they have expanded their demo-like into a slightly bigger demo-like, which I think is happening tomorrow?

I didn't download it yet. Just watched some videos
I like the speed of the ball, feel more realistic now.
But other than that...gees! the animations are more stiff, the fluiditiy is totally gone now, everything the original efootball22 (v.0.9) offered is gone now.
An oldschool ping pong, unrealistic but more responsive, football-based video game.
And it's not Konami's fault.
It's our fault giving feedback because we will never accept and adapt to something innovative and different.
Let's enjoy the same garbage as always.

PS: The golden recipe is there Konami. Animations/fluidity of v.0.9.1 or even v.1.00 + stunning shot and pass speed from V2.2.
To be honest I thing that V1.00 was pretty good.
How can the ball feel more realistic now when You are watching videos and have not downloaded it. 🤨

I did tried new 2.2 update and was shocked by what I saw.
The visuals have become even worse, the game looks like an ass. (Sorry for my bad english).
While my RTX 3070, felt a little insecure sometimes.

Last edited:
Passing speed is better on the update. On manual you can now actually hit slow and fast passes. Seems better on placement too with where I expect it to go, although still issue of wrong ai teammate running after longer passes on some occasions.

Opposition seem like they are playing faster though so feels a bit more frantic which I don't like. The lack of choosing more difficulties makes it difficult to assess properly. Lost 4-0 to Scotland with England on my first game on Superstar. I want Professional or Top Player as Regular is too easy and Superstar feels overpowered.

Also, dribbling and overall gameplay seems very basic now. You could at least shift the ball around a bit better for holding onto the ball on previous versions, but now seems to be too easy to get tackled. Early impressions feel like the gameplay has been simplified and less variety to animations.

Need to play it more though once we hopefully have other difficulties open with the International Cup mode.

This game is still two heads down from Pes2021 1.7.0.2. And the physics of the ball, and animations, and tactically. But what scares me the most is that the developers have been trying to fix bugs for a year, somehow improve the gameplay, I'm already silent about the modes. But they do not get anything, they mark time. Somewhere making the game even worse. I don’t see how this game will get better even after half a year. They clearly need to change the engine or the developers themselves. During this time, something better could have been done.

Back
Top Bottom