eFootball (All Platforms)

I had to reupload as the initial video was just not converting to HD.
EDIT: since im in DIV3-2 i met like 6 people who if they score they time waste right away. Is this the new kick off bug trend?

Last edited:
I had to reupload as the initial video was just not converting to HD.
Love the still frame on your clip. :LOL:

Last night I realised that they pulled every single version of previous Pes from xbox store. Proper dick move. They really are forcing people to play this abomination.
I was considering getting Pes21 just for a once of football fix every now and then. Have it on Ps4, but since im playing series X - it was just handy. I was disgusted when I saw none of them are in store anymore. They always had last two at least. Arseholes.

Last night I realised that they pulled every single version of previous Pes from xbox store. Proper dick move. They really are forcing people to play this abomination.
I was considering getting Pes21 just for a once of football fix every now and then. Have it on Ps4, but since im playing series X - it was just handy. I was disgusted when I saw none of them are in store anymore. They always had last two at least. Arseholes.

But you still can get the "physical" copy for 2021 and 2022? I mean with a code inside or there was none of those for sale?

It was always like this, at least on Steam and PS Store.

They used to remove the older game, 2 weeks or 1 month, after the release of the new game, at least when it was PES series, after 2018's release and at least for Steam and PS Store, don't know about Xbox store.

But for PC/PS that's what's happening since PES 2018. And for PES 2021 it got a supposed extension, cause the game was taken down in December of 2021, 2 months latter than its traditional store withdrawal, due to eFutsal's inexistence, last year.

But it was always like that

https://www.konami.com/wepes/2021/eu/en/xboxone/topic/game-wepes2021-30582

But you still can get the "physical" copy for 2021 and 2022? I mean with a code inside or there was none of those for sale?
Yeah Id say you can get physical.
But 21 Seasonal Update was an update to Pes20, which should be in store, but isnt. Even Pes21 should be there in digital version. Sure you could get Pes21 without having Pes20.
They basically cut people off the entire Pes series, at least on Xbox. Not sure if its still on PS store.
I probably wont bother ordering physical copy, I just had a 'moment of weakness' and wanted to play a match or two.
But this really annoyed me. When Pes21 was in store - you could still buy 19 and 18 there as well.

They used to remove the older game, 2 weeks or 1 month, after the release of the new game, at least when it was PES series, after 2018's release and at least for Steam and PS Store, don't know about Xbox store.
Really?????? I could swear I had seen Pes19 and Pes18 available while playing Pes20 back in the day.
If I remember it wrong - I apologise.

Really?????? I could swear I had seen Pes19 and Pes18 available while playing Pes20 back in the day.
If I remember it wrong - I apologise.
No need for apologise. And i repeat i am not sure for the Xbox Store, regarding previous PES.

But i am very sure for PS store and STEAM. We have criticized this in the past here, that it was like forcing people to the most new game every year, by removing the digital version after a year and shutting down the servers after 2 years.

Others said it's aggressive marketing, others it's a licenses expiring issue, others that it has to do with KONAMI policy towards STEAM, SONY, etc, etc

The other game, until recently, ( i bought FIFA 16 in 2020) had much different policy. The whole generation catalogue of PS4 era was present on PS Store, and the servers are/were running for every game IIRC, IE you could play FuT, divisions, friendly of 2017 on 2020.

Now as for PES, sorry i can't get the announcement links, cause every url I've tried , except for "wepes2021", leads me to bloody eFutsal's page for some reason ( try to Google search "wepes2019" or "wepes2020" and can't go to waybackmachine by my mobile, but tale a taste here.

PES 2020 removed on 26-11-2020
Screenshot_2022-10-23-15-52-20-490_com.android.chrome.jpg

PES 2019 removed on November or December or 2019
Screenshot_2022-10-23-15-53-05-311_com.android.chrome.jpg

Last edited:
It was always like this, at least on Steam and PS Store.

But for PC/PS that's what's happening since PES 2018. And for PES 2021 it got a supposed extension, cause the game was taken down in December of 2021, 2 months latter than its traditional store withdrawal, due to eFutsal's inexistence, last year.

But it was always like that

https://www.konami.com/wepes/2021/eu/en/xboxone/topic/game-wepes2021-30582

I thought they just used to shut down servers after 2 months into the new game but the game was still on sale for a while. Anyways there were too many pes titles i cant follow up with these details, so u could be right too.

I thought they just used to shut down servers after 2 months
Nope. Digital version from e-stores was removed 2 months into the new game, and servers were always shutting down almost 2 years after games release.

IE PES 2019 launches in August of 2018. It's servers are shutting down on August of 2020, just before PES 2021 launches.

EDIT: ok just found 2019 shutting was postponed for one month, September of 2020, instead of August .

https://www.trueachievements.com/n42286/pes-2019-servers

That was always the case. Only one game on digital store and two games with running servers, the current and the previous one.

Like the Sith Lords, always 2, no more, no less. 😎

Jumping from v2 straight to v2.1.1...

A lot less hectic. Players feel heavier. Animations less clunky. Game smoother. Less pressure, so you can take time a little...

Dribbling is possible again, and much smoother. Cpu doesnt mind read moves, less catch up too. With Sane you can outstrip an entire flank.

Possession game much easier to play, and forwards make runs again.

More variety to how game plays out. Feels freer again, though no birds quite yet. Interesting how konami are able to slowly add rails back in, then take them out again a little. Will they eventually return to v1.00 freedom? Or should I say will 'he'?

If konami added proper ball physics to this game, and yes, some actual offline content, it would be perfectly fine. God knows how many years the former would take to add though. Or if it's even possible within their design philosophy.

[Authentic matches only, on PC]. I don't play Dream Team.
I agree to these impressions. Even though they only mentioned CB positioning fix but I dare to say this is the closest gameplay to v1.0 (April version). It's not uncommon for Konami (and a lot of developers) to tweak alot of things but only mention few fixes in change log.
Much less AI cheating, more responsive driblibng, you can clearly feel the team formation in effect and much less chaotic distribution of your team on the field.
Weaker keepers and improved shooting.

With unlocked everything in this game and offline vs AI modes this can be a proper football game. Hopefully they'll not ruin it in 2.2.0

Last edited:
I thought they just used to shut down servers after 2 months into the new game but the game was still on sale for a while. Anyways there were too many pes titles i cant follow up with these details, so u could be right too.
Yeah thats exactly what I thought.
That servers are shut after two months and game taken off after 2 years. Had it arseways in my head.

I agree to these impressions. Even though they only mentioned CB positioning fix but I dare to say this is the closest gameplay to v1.0 (April version). It's not uncommon for Konami (and a lot of developers) to tweak alot of things but only mention few fixes in change log.
Much less AI cheating, more responsive driblibng, you can clearly feel the team formation in effect and much less chaotic distribution of your team on the field.
Weaker keepers and improved shooting.

With unlocked everything in this game and offline vs AI modes this can be a proper football game. Hopefully they'll not ruin it in 2.2.0

I did leap from v2.0 forward two updates, just to be clear. But yes, everything far more ordered.

Also, and I notice this because, in addition to limited ball physics, and lack of real player personality, the limited range of attacking moves you can pull of is the thing that leaves me cold after say 4-5hrs of each update.

But between v2.0 and 2.1.1, they increased the range of attacks possible. It's more interesting now. Its easy to see this with so few variables ie teams to play with and against.

That said, its still only around 60-70% of the way there re attacking variety.

But, yeah. It isnt bad overall. Its getting closer and closer to allowing actual modern patterns of play to emerge.

Incidentally...I spent 40 mins playing pes 21 lite. Pes 21 is clearly the more detailed game, in terms of the ball, the players, the moves. I can see how people who've played pes 21 a lot would take even more against efootball than they ordinarily might, as moving back and forth between them is jarring. Playing pes21 on manual passing approximates the smooth feeling of efootball, without ever really approximating its relative freedoms of movement.

But going straight from pes 21 to efootball leaves efootball feeling quite hollow and empty.

As someone who pretty much gave up pes 20 and all other football gaming in nov 19, efootball gives me something I always wanted from pes...free-ness of movement, compressed matches, consistent teammate AI.

My expectations are low. A 10 minute kick about 10 times a week improves on 3 barren years. I can see how some would feel otherwise.

Playing pes21 on manual passing approximates the smooth feeling of efootball, without ever really approximating its relative freedoms of movement.
That is very true.
Pes20/21 did have its flaws, but when it comes to 'on-the-ball' feeling, with full manual settings - there was no competition. It just felt natural and smooth.
€football seems very clunky and limited in that department. Like everything is weirdly disconnected on the pitch.
It neither looks, nor feels natural.

Yeah thats exactly what I thought.
That servers are shut after two months and game taken off after 2 years. Had it arseways in my head.
Just to give you some fun/fan facts.

PES 2011 and 2012 have the biggest lifespan record, been shutdown in January of 2013 and 2014 respectively.

PES 2014 servers had the most silent shutdown, around November of 2015, in the release period of 2016. Although almost none "requested" for that servers of 2014 to stay online.

And a FUN 😊 only fact, an announcement about 2014 servers, i found on Google.

---------
"With PES 2016 set for release on September 15 and the online elements of PES 2015 still hugely popular, Konami will be moving its focus to those titles," the company said in a statement. "As such, all online elements of PES 2014 will no longer be supported from [November 17].

"Konami thanks everyone who has taken part in PES 2014's many online leagues and competitions. The PES online community is vital to the development process and we are grateful for the constant support shown for the PES series."

PES 2014 will still be playable offline after the servers are taken down."

-------------

And we all remember, how well went PES 2016's launch 🙂🤣😭

I did leap from v2.0 forward two updates, just to be clear. But yes, everything far more ordered.

Also, and I notice this because, in addition to limited ball physics, and lack of real player personality, the limited range of attacking moves you can pull of is the thing that leaves me cold after say 4-5hrs of each update.

But between v2.0 and 2.1.1, they increased the range of attacks possible. It's more interesting now. Its easy to see this with so few variables ie teams to play with and against.

That said, its still only around 60-70% of the way there re attacking variety.

But, yeah. It isnt bad overall. Its getting closer and closer to allowing actual modern patterns of play to emerge.

Incidentally...I spent 40 mins playing pes 21 lite. Pes 21 is clearly the more detailed game, in terms of the ball, the players, the moves. I can see how people who've played pes 21 a lot would take even more against efootball than they ordinarily might, as moving back and forth between them is jarring. Playing pes21 on manual passing approximates the smooth feeling of efootball, without ever really approximating its relative freedoms of movement.

But going straight from pes 21 to efootball leaves efootball feeling quite hollow and empty.

As someone who pretty much gave up pes 20 and all other football gaming in nov 19, efootball gives me something I always wanted from pes...free-ness of movement, compressed matches, consistent teammate AI.

My expectations are low. A 10 minute kick about 10 times a week improves on 3 barren years. I can see how some would feel otherwise.
I respect your point of view. But in my humble opinion PES21 feels so arcady and skatey compared to eFootball (with the huge content of 21 compared to eF and the bare minimum eFootball provides). I reinstalled PES21 10 times the last few months and couldn't finish 1 match each time because the whole mentality of pes21 is so inferior to eFootball (animations, physics, ball behavior, momentum....). For me PES 20(1) is dead a long time ago.

I think for PC players with good specifications, playing with 144fps, enhanced graphics, unlocked teams is a much better experience than say console players. And for PC there is a much higher potential for more mods to come.

Last edited:

The key to getting any very short but fun experience out of this game offline or online. Just play Authentic, there's very good game there.

All modes on Dream Team = absolute total shitshow that has very little to do with football, just find cheese exploits, pay to win and gooo...

Last edited:
That is very true.
Pes20/21 did have its flaws, but when it comes to 'on-the-ball' feeling, with full manual settings - there was no competition. It just felt natural and smooth.
€football seems very clunky and limited in that department. Like everything is weirdly disconnected on the pitch.
It neither looks, nor feels natural.

Yes. In pes 21 the players feel fully grounded. In efootball, they never quite feel connected to the ball or the pitch. I'm not sure they'll ever be able to fix that.

Pes 21 full manual really surprised me with how fluid it was. I'm buying a pc shortly and may just get into modding.

Is there any way to play as a normal club online? That's not your dream team? On console.

And is there any way to play in any of the other stadiums online?

Mate, I’ll send you the XboxOne version (I had a few unopened copies) if you IM me an address to send it to. You can have it for free if you can cover the postage.

Guys my old pc died and i will buy a pc with Ryzen 5600G without external graphic card for browsing and casual gaming like League of Legends...
Can i run efootball 2023 with Ryzen 5600G and its internal graphic card?

But i dont care about online i want to play the mode League vs CPU...

Guys my old pc died and i will buy a pc with Ryzen 5600G without external graphic card for browsing and casual gaming like League of Legends...
Can i run efootball 2023 with Ryzen 5600G and its internal graphic card?

But i dont care about online i want to play the mode League vs CPU...
...who will tell him... !!?

reface-2021-07-23-12-53-10.gif

Mate... eFootball 2023 has no League or Cup mode, no modes at all except one online and some Exhibitions.
Yes, the Ryzen 5600G is more or less a new APU but you'll struggle to run the game, maybe at low detail, but I see people running " Forza Horizon, Fortnight " on Medium and High with respectful framerate, hard to say without trying.

Now, in general, video cards are very cheap, on eBay or AliExpress you can find an RTX 2060 Super for about $220-250, if you don't have a lot of money, you can look for RX 580 or RX 590 or GTX 1660 Super, you can find them for 100-150$ each

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom