eFootball (All Platforms)

Capture.PNGwtf.PNG

We all know the overall UI for this game is a hot mess, but this one takes the cake. This right here is one of the worse UI formations I have seen in any football game. How do you decipher this shit? Am I supposed to tilt my fucking head sideways to understand what is going on here?

Look at the 85 rated fullback on the lower left part of the screenshot. He's covering the formation numbers on the screen. WTF man...

Last edited:
View attachment 182863

We all know the overall UI for this game is a hot mess, but this one takes the cake. This right here is one of the worse UI formations I have seen in any football game. How do you decipher this shit? Am I supposed to tilt my fucking head sideways to understand what is going on here?

And why are there 2 clones of the same players playing for both teams?

Oh I know the answer. Because football e-sports is the stupidest thing in the universe.

One day konami will release offline modes and everybody will shut up. It does not matter how many time and in what state konami release those offline modes everyone will play it without caring everything else
My first PES game was PES 6. After that, PES 2009. I didn't come back to PES until 2017. Since 2018, I have been very vocal about the games' issues and the modes' issues. So no I will not just shut up and play anything they put out. There's a reason I stopped playing 2018, 2019, and 2020. There are reasons I don't play 2017 and 2021 update as much as I used to. But every PES has one thing in common since I came back to the franchise; I have written literal essays on their issues. And some of said issues were enough to push me away from the games entirely.

That said, would I be willing to try a career mode in eFootball if/when one is released? Maybe when I'm done with my current ones I play in 2017 and 2021. Will a lot of people try it? Absolutely. But please don't characterize everyone as some mindless drone. Because the reality is, even if a career mode comes (which I think one will eventually), it doesn't mean people who try it out are going to just stick to it. That's why the expectations for one are where they are. It's why I don't think a lot of people will be as patient with whatever offline offerings Konami releases; they see Konami for what they are and if they release something subpar I don't think a lot of people will stick around. Because the reality is, unless they monetize it, career mode isn't what Konami want us to be playing anyway. They have made that abundantly clear and the people waiting for career mode know that.

View attachment 182863

Look at the 85 rated fullback on the lower left part of the screenshot. He's covering the formation numbers on the screen. WTF man...

I've seen a few pictures of how people set up their teams online over the last few years and it's just a reminder of why I don't bother with online lol

We as a fanbase are actually way to kind to Konami for actually taking the piss to the offline fanbase by literally neglecting it
Happens all the time. In fact companies bank on consumer loyalty. At the end of the day the only person any consumer should be loyal to is themselves. Companies should have to prove that their product is worthy of your hard earned money and people shouldn't be so willing to fork over cash based on promises that may or may not be met.

Because the reality is, even if a career mode comes (which I think one will eventually), it doesn't mean people who try it out are going to just stick to it. That's why the expectations for one are where they are. It's why I don't think a lot of people will be as patient with whatever offline offerings Konami releases; they see Konami for what they are and if they release something subpar I don't think a lot of people will stick around
My thoughts exactly and thats the exact reason why I think they keep pushing Masterleague / Career Mode further and further away.
At this stage, with the overall response to what they did, the amount of people playing online and even their biggest defenders turning away - they realise what they have done.
They realise that simple Copy/Paste of Pes21 Master League will not be enough.
So either they are really working on something big (which is unlikely),
or they will calculate most possible profit (in this case - quite shite, by the looks of it) and they will eventually pull the plug from any offline Career Mode (most likely scenario)

I don’t see why a company with a business model to push an online league with a constant revenue stream would risk losing that player base by creating an off line league for a one off payment. Kind of contradicts itself and doesn’t make sense from a business perspective. I don’t think we’ll see a masterleague and we’ll see Konami pull the series before that happens.

I don’t see why a company with a business model to push an online league with a constant revenue stream would risk losing that player base by creating an off line league for a one off payment. Kind of contradicts itself and doesn’t make sense from a business perspective. I don’t think we’ll see a masterleague and we’ll see Konami pull the series before that happens.
It actually makes sense from a business perspective Players will burn out from spending and the online mode and they will leave for another game unless they have something else in the game they can enjoy and doesn't pressure them. A Master League/Offline experience can be an Option for some players to stay and keep their interest and get a break from the Online Game. Which also gives the opportunity then that they might return to the Online Mode after a while.

Otherwise these players will just leave and most likely go to the competition to try out their modes.

So fo long term retention having an Offline component is a good move. Especially since Konami so far hasn't done any events, new content and so on. So they will have a harder and harder time retaining users, with Fifa being out, unless they offer something substantial Online and Offline

I think they will release the teams in exhibition mode, but I hope I'm wrong, because it would be a waste.

Source ⬇️

"In local mode, there are only partner teams at the moment, but others will come in the future. And later on, in one of the new seasons to come, all teams from all leagues will be unlocked. When that happens we will get back to you, so that you amplify the message and can say that all the clubs are now available and the challenges we are so looking forward to can be done." - Robbye Ron

They can act as what is called a "gateway" mode. Someone who has the game installed and plays offline can be a potential spender in other modes, at least more than someone who is simply not interested at all and doesn't even have the game installed, like ... me.

It doesnt make sense selling just exhibition matches as "aditional content". Who on earth would pay for that?

I would say that it is not logical but we are talking about KONAMI so this is exactly what is going to happen :BRICK:

reface-2021-06-26-07-04-34.gif

All of that is fake, there will be NO Master League mode ever again, period.
If there is a similar mode at all, it will be under a different name and a different construction, but this is just speculation because there is nothing official.

Sorry to those who asked me to show how I got the Steam older versions, i was too busy in the FIFA 23 section and hadnt noticed people asking me on here about older versions.

I will detail this the next few days, all I did was read some techniques up, its a bit of an arse to carry out, but it works.

Other than my other personal tried and tested backup the current folder, rar or zip it up to 23gb segments and keep on Bluray disk backups, something else I do for all the major games that just cant help themselves with updates that ruin earlier versions.

But back to the Steam repository thing, I will detail this over the weekend.
It is not possible to revert back anymore, am I right?

So some people cant participate bc of their location in this tournament?
They can, but they can only participate if they choose the participating countries that are in this international cup tournament. Initially, I thought it's only WC teams, but they have NT that aren't in the WC. You do this by changing your base team in the settings under Extras to the eligible teams that are in this tournament. That's at least the gist of it according to their rules of participation on their website. Your dream team with use the kits that come with the national team that you've selected. Mobile users can also participate in this game LOL.

This whole eSports tournament is rather stupid. IMO, this is going to be just another lackluster event for dream team. I have no interest in this shit, but if your love online, go for it.

Once again, I like to remind everyone we are in the middle of October, and this game doesn't even have simple goddamn weather effects. Fifa 23's pitch, crowd, and weather effects are quite decent this year (gameplay and performance is another issue), but Coinami can't even be bothered to add fucking rain drops.

I'm sure with cheating still an issue in dream team on PC, Coinami will be taking the necessary steps to insure that there won't be any cheating in this International Cup tournament lol.

Last edited:
Other than (possibly) a few roster updates and some new ways to try to convince us to buy 11 different versions of Messi including the option to train and play him in goal with a GK rating of 99, I’m assuming this update doesn’t do shit past 8 emails apologizing that they’re shit and here’s 50,000 coins to buy Phil Jones.

Other than (possibly) a few roster updates and some new ways to try to convince us to buy 11 different versions of Messi including the option to train and play him in goal with a GK rating of 99, I’m assuming this update doesn’t do shit past 8 emails apologizing that they’re shit and here’s 50,000 coins to buy Phil Jones.
The only bet is on the next v2.2.0
They cheered and announced it centuries ago more than they did with original release or transition from 2022 to 2023 for very mysterious reasons.
If that will not add some offline (vs AI) modes (anything really, even simple exhibition mode unlocking all teams and settings) then this game will be officially dead and past anyone could care a bit. Even for those who appreciate the core vs AI gameplay and never care about the silly dream team crap. Like myself.

Last edited:
Played a few games against superstar AI. This patch hasn't been tested imo.

It's playing like a very dodgy 2 bar online connection. Best way I can describe this mess.
Players moving in treacle, & having to play some kinda slow motion hot potato passing to reduce the WWE tackling from 100% to maybe 80% of the time.
Players are more braindead than usual when tracking the ball.

Honestly think this could be worse than the initial '22 release.

Hey, all good though. I've got some free player packs from Indonesia & Malaysia leagues to sooth the pain :)

Back
Top Bottom