eFootball (All Platforms)

Played one more game earlier to see if my criticism from the other day was valid...and it was. Manual passing feels off. Direction doesn't match up with what I'm doing on the controller and the pass power is so inconsistent that it's so easy to over or under hit the ball as it seems to be different each time. The opposition don't have the variety anymore, in that the skilful players don't try and dribble anymore (just quick passing), plus it's just constant pressure and scrappy games. Everything feels jerky with little enjoyment. I actually liked the gameplay before this latest update and felt it just needed a bit of tweaking, but now they've somehow managed to make a backward stride.

Sorry to those who asked me to show how I got the Steam older versions, i was too busy in the FIFA 23 section and hadnt noticed people asking me on here about older versions.

I will detail this the next few days, all I did was read some techniques up, its a bit of an arse to carry out, but it works.

Other than my other personal tried and tested backup the current folder, rar or zip it up to 23gb segments and keep on Bluray disk backups, something else I do for all the major games that just cant help themselves with updates that ruin earlier versions.

But back to the Steam repository thing, I will detail this over the weekend.

I think the above guide by r/SteamPosted by u/GMMan_BZFlag5 years agoUGC might be out of date now, I stumbled fairly recently across a guide that made me get eFootball 2023 to work on the Steam deck, it had to be an older version of the game put it that way. I need a few days to dig out the notes I made at the time.

Likely 2.2 will also be a crappy update giving new gibberish about international tournaments and such😕
I can see them releasing World Cup legends packs in the next update to coincide with the World Cup. That's all they care about. 😒

Last edited:

So there's "Epic" cards now, whatever quite that means... More cashing in, ultimately.

And right time to release a Casillas one as well, Konami – not like he's been up to any antics lately, like pretending to come out as gay on Twitter just as a "joke", inflaming homophobia, and likely dissuading other professionals from ever coming out. Epic timing!

So there's "Epic" cards now, whatever quite that means... More cashing in, ultimately.

And right time to release a Casillas one as well, Konami – not like he's been up to any antics lately, like pretending to come out as gay on Twitter just as a "joke", inflaming homophobia, and likely dissuading other professionals from ever coming out. Epic timing!

He claims he was "hacked" lol. I'm surprised someone like Adam Bhatti hasn't used that as an excuse for some of his own dumb tweets.

Can't stand the team line-up/formation set up layout on this game, especially in Match Authentic. Why on Earth do you have to press a button to switch between seeing a players position/preferred position and their condition?? There is clearly space between the position and overall rating on the formation screen to always display condition and in the substitutes section you could position it in the top left corner of each substitute's box. You can also keep the fatigue bar on permanently too, so you have all the info on one screen with no switching between views.

Can't stand the team line-up/formation set up layout on this game, especially in Match Authentic. Why on Earth do you have to press a button to switch between seeing a players position/preferred position and their condition?? There is clearly space between the position and overall rating on the formation screen to always display condition and in the substitutes section you could position it in the top left corner of each substitute's box. You can also keep the fatigue bar on permanently too, so you have all the info on one screen with no switching between views.
Yeap, everything related to menus, UI, and interface is at a trashy amateur level, the scariest or.. the stupidest thing on Konami's part is that they don't recognize it and don't change anything for the 2nd year.

Anyone with any ideas on how to get this running on steam deck??? Would be fab to play this in bed while I get crushed due to rubbish fps and horrendous lag!

Dream team and competitive esports has been their focus the last few years so no shock there. Is this the big november announcement then?

There's more interest in last year's FIFA than "new football game":LMAO:

Fe8skXoXEAQAL6I

Dream team and competitive esports has been their focus the last few years so no shock there. Is this the big november announcement then?
I thought October was the big update with updated kits but can’t follow anymore
This game and concept of esports mobile football game is so unappealing at any cost even if its free
We as a fanbase are actually way to kind to Konami for actually taking the piss to the offline fanbase by literally neglecting it
It is our community that made PES and therefore Konami that made them big in the first place

I thought October was the big update with updated kits but can’t follow anymore
This game and concept of esports mobile football game is so unappealing at any cost even if its free
We as a fanbase are actually way to kind to Konami for actually taking the piss to the offline fanbase by literally neglecting it
It is our community that made PES and therefore Konami that made them big in the first place
One day konami will release offline modes and everybody will shut up. It does not matter how many time and in what state konami release those offline modes everyone will play it without caring everything else

One day konami will release offline modes and everybody will shut up. It does not matter how many time and in what state konami release those offline modes everyone will play it without caring everything else

So they will give us everything and we will all shut up because we have the perfect game?

And as a result it will drag its arse from number 12 in the league of worst Steam games of all time.

:THINK:

Even the concept of Dream Team is low effort, there is nothing to do or achieve… It’s just… building the same clone team as everyone else.
On the contrary, trying to reach first division without spending any cent versus pay-to-win players is quite entertaining! I’ve finally made it last week and it seems to be right on time as it will allow me to participate to the upcoming World Cup event!!

Yeap that is for what the game is made on first place, that was the plan from begin, to be eSport crap tool. That because for 2 year we have almost zero content, but for eSport events, they do not need a content, they need just 1 vs 1 .
They are the biggest scammers in history of gaming if you say it like that
Remember the day they launched the “Next Gen Messi Teaser”…
Still bugs me up to this day

Messi wasn't looking better than on PES 21 or Efootball. Too much like a doll, skin was in wax.
Graphisms aren't an issue, perhaps details yes. Don't care at this state, and do like me : don't wait or hope.

For anything about that game. Not that it's impossible to get it better, but waiting again and again after each announcement killing your mood from the inside, you have no idea how "wait" about something you're not sure is psychologically exhausting and a bit dangerous (no joke).
You shouldn't care. When or IF they release offlines mode or whatever, or if the game gets really better you'll be warned.

Just forget and play others games, even Retro football if you can't make without football games. There's tons of others styles you have no idea, and superb game you switched probably due to "only playing football" to discover which are masterpieces.
Same for "only sports" players, they miss a lot of entertaintement and not only : big experience that a movie can't reproduce : only Video Games could.

Last edited:
On the contrary, trying to reach first division without spending any cent versus pay-to-win players is quite entertaining! I’ve finally made it last week and it seems to be right on time as it will allow me to participate to the upcoming World Cup event!!
I think you might have to be in Division 1 during phase 3 after the 20th October for your results to count.

Back
Top Bottom