eFootball (All Platforms)

This the update official changelog
https://www.konami.com/efootball/en/topic/news/667

If you believe them. For me what they described in term of gameplay in update notes of 2.0 I actually see it in 2.1 and not as an improvement. An attempt to go in the right direction but with opposite results
Geez! :APPLAUD:

So pretty much nothing except one single defensive fix and a rendering issue that occasionally occurs.

Geez! :APPLAUD:

So pretty much nothing except one single defensive fix and a rendering issue that occasionally occurs.
I prefer when they do little than when they try to do much. By my experience in modding the game, even without all the things they know and we don't, it is a matter of balancing things. It takes just a little modification to some values to bring a complete overall experience. And that's not stable because there clearly is players attributes boosting, last minute boost and vs cpu there is the worst of it all: adaptive difficulty.
I think it's just one guy making the adjustments. It's just a matter of changing values and try. There is nothing new they implement. And I think they implemented almost nothing since pes 2017. The tweaking guy must have gone mad by now. I hope is well paid

This sums up Efootball 23 right now.

They really need to outsource the PES/Efootball license to a indie dev team/company who can do more for this game than what Coinami are doing right now. Fuck all this online dream team shit.

Last edited:
Is this on pc? How are you playing with these teams?

And this stadium? I keep seeing references to Saitama...do you gave to play online?
This is from dream team afc champions league event vs AI. Yes i play on pc. I'm not sure about the stadium. Its on default

I did the unthinkable and installed €football and played 3 matches.
Im really not here to troll anybody, but konami should be ashamed of themselves. The absolute state of this. It looks like PS2 game, its literally revolting.
The stuff they used to excel in, like ball physics, got butchered, while all familiar issues are still there.
I was complaining about all Pes games from Pes18 onwards, but they were always so close to be really good.
It was either lack of fouls, or AI repeating same patterns of play, or no penalties, or player/ball awareness - but all these things were frustrating, coz they were really standing out from otherwise solid gameplay.
This... this is just sad. Its not even aggravating - its just sad.
How can a studio that used to rule football gaming release something like this in 2022 is beyond me.
I will be amazed if heads will not roll for this in time. Totall disaster, without any signs of redemption.

Im really not here to troll anybody, but konami should be ashamed of themselves. The absolute state of this. It looks like PS2 game, its literally revolting.
The stuff they used to excel in, like ball physics, got butchered, while all familiar issues are still there.
I was complaining about all Pes games from Pes18 onwards, but they were always so close to be really good.
It was either lack of fouls, or AI repeating same patterns of play, or no penalties, or player/ball awareness - but all these things were frustrating, coz they were really standing out from otherwise solid gameplay.
How can a studio that used to rule football gaming release something like this in 2022 is beyond me.
I will be amazed if heads will not roll for this in time. Totall disaster, without any signs of redemption.
Heads will roll and change may come if several things happen. The game's online player base takes a significant dip, they ditch the F2P model for Efootball, and outsource the IP to another company like they are doing right now with Silent Hill. Coinami don't have it within themselves to develop games on their own. Not anymore. That ship sailed years ago when they released titles such as Metal Gear Survive with fucking zombies in a political tactical espionage game, and continued that trend with this game. Pes 18 onwards had a solid gameplay, but we all saw the flaws, including the copy and paste of ML, but it didn't matter as much because the game was good, it had bunch of content, and it had attention to detail, which can make a difference between a good game and a bad one.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how or if i can play in this new tournament? I thought it was just a matter of changing baseteam.
Or do i need to be in div 1?
Me aswell as many of you want some more conte t so we can play with friends offline and create cups etc.
But meanwhile i still enjoy the game play and I still play a few games every evening.
But then again would be nice with some offline choises. Dreamteam is to much Håland.

after updating to 2.1.1. I've lost of my 200 hard earned Coins... ive got 310 i think and now 110... how can this happen ?
I don't know. But I'm quite happy that they managed to screw up even their coin bullshit system. Sorry for you, guys just stop playing that crap and they would probably focus on gameplay and other

You would have to think that the majority of fans feel this way. Im only checking this thread to hopefully see that there is an announcement that efootball is scrapped, and PES is brought back to a next gen level.

Im kinda enjoying this update as again i can play it like football...well at least one tactic works for sure which you can play football.
I also think they either nerfed the keepers or made shooting more powerful i find it easier to score a bit. Which is a good thing even against these OP keepers.
However passing and target locking is still shockingly bad and all over the place. Like i try to pass to the player right next to me and the pass goes to the player on the other end of the pitch.

Im kinda enjoying this update as again i can play it like football...well at least one tactic works for sure which you can play football.
I also think they either nerfed the keepers or made shooting more powerful i find it easier to score a bit. Which is a good thing even against these OP keepers.
However passing and target locking is still shockingly bad and all over the place. Like i try to pass to the player right next to me and the pass goes to the player on the other end of the pitch.
How do you know when it updates , I checked my notifications on Thursday and there was no mention of an update (ps5)

How do you know when it updates , I checked my notifications on Thursday and there was no mention of an update (ps5)
Dunno, there is no changelog but now i got my new team from div8 to div3 so played a few and i can tell.
Again stuff like this can happen finally.

Made a team like this:
- Bought a bunch of cheap players, U23
- Tactic is long ball counter
- Im in all out defence the entire game
- 5-2-1-2 transitioning into 3-4-1-2 with the full backs moving up to center the ball.
- Centre backs: strong and tall players, thats the only criteria and ability im developing
- Full backs: offensive ones with speed and ability to cross the ball, thats the only criteria and ability im developing
- DMFS: Box-to-box players with high stamina and high defensive and finishing stats, thats the only criteria and ability im developing
- AMF: Hole player so it would make runs forward, high passing and finishing stats, thats the only criteria and ability im developing
- CF: I got two big dudes for the long balls and headers but they arent target man but dummy runners so they can create runs and space on the counters. Of course im developing their phyisicality, heading and finishing stats only.
Got another batch of CF who are either goal poachers or hole players and they are smaller and ridicilously fast for the counters obviously. Nobody on earth would expect Afena-Gyan or Gnonto to be running past Hakimi but they do bc im only boosting the speed ans finishing stat of these players.

However i also tried to play my old team who are more developed in ball control and passing to play tiki-taka. I still cant play with that team with the current state of the game. However the team above excel and it still feels like im playing football again and im catching off guard 99 rated teams.

Last edited:
Last update is https://www.konami.com/efootball/en/topic/news/667

So just a positioning fixing.

And playing offline original teams friendly matches I didn't notice any change from 2.01 to 2.1.1 when, instead I saw a lot of changes from 2.0 to 2.1. So I believe it's just the game boosting system. In this moment they favour you. When you have reached next division probably will unfavour you.

Exhibition is all I'm here for. Once it is out, it's likely I may visit eFootball a bit more regular...
That’s the only reason I visit this eFootball thread but the reality is, after 2 years, and nothing but limited offline demo matches, there won’t be anymore offline content. The demo match is just a training feature for the DreamTeam game.

Jumping from v2 straight to v2.1.1...

A lot less hectic. Players feel heavier. Animations less clunky. Game smoother. Less pressure, so you can take time a little...

Dribbling is possible again, and much smoother. Cpu doesnt mind read moves, less catch up too. With Sane you can outstrip an entire flank.

Possession game much easier to play, and forwards make runs again.

More variety to how game plays out. Feels freer again, though no birds quite yet. Interesting how konami are able to slowly add rails back in, then take them out again a little. Will they eventually return to v1.00 freedom? Or should I say will 'he'?

If konami added proper ball physics to this game, and yes, some actual offline content, it would be perfectly fine. God knows how many years the former would take to add though. Or if it's even possible within their design philosophy.

I won't say it looks like a PS2 game (more a PES 2015 with better dribbling / PS4 debut and compatible PS3) but i totally agree with what @Emroth says about the ball physics : it was since forever, well it tooks time with Fox (2016 was atrocious, but the ball physics were so heavy that they forgot to caliber the keeper for them to handle it. I remember the one straight shoot > one goal and no variation)... But it was always their good, in terms of feeling to pass or shoot.

Here, it's not even PES 2015 level. Yes dribbling is superior, some algorithm about inertia, dribbling an animation, but then what? Nothing. The rythm seems always the same.

To me it's not that i don't have hope in the future (well, to me FIFA 23 and his sequels are really, really hopeless) but they need to bring tons of algorithm or rewrite the engine from the core. They are / in terms of football vision and representation / much, much more in the right direction than his "concurrent", there's midfield/effective defence/teammate help so fundamental are there, even in animations (looking less weird and random) and R2 running is a great idea bringing a lot in terms of algorithm...

But the tempo is so so always the same, even when we shoot. The way to defend feels unnatural. There's too much stuffs added that no one needs like the pressing + square for shoulder (it should be automatic when you press and X button for when you tackle)

All the engine is focused about dribbling and R2 running, the rest is basic like a debut PS4 version... Without ball physics with, no pleasure to make a pass/shoot/you even feel it when you direct the ball, so even on their strong point (dribble).

I'm less harsh about that game as expect the ball physics (!) the fundamental of football are there, it's balanced and in comparision to the concurrent to me it's PES 5 vs Ronaldo V football, but i understand the feeling.

Last edited:
Konami couldn't any worse than outsourcing future PES/eFootball development, having an actual dedicated team to improve and add to the game is a no brainer.

It cannot be that hard to get the basics right but Konami have continued to show they are utterly clueless. With all that I still prefer it to the competition, which shows just how much of a shit show football games are these days.

Back
Top Bottom