eFootball (All Platforms)

I sussed out how to get old versions from Steam for the PC version, well, I did a few weeks ago. Quite a bit involved, but if anyone or enough people want me to detail it, i.e. I will try again this weekend and note what I had to do, I will write up a detailed guide.

Luckily, with eFootball Steam allows you to still use the older versions, it doesn't force an auto-update.
YES! PLEASE!
You mean I can play V1.01?

Disgrace of an update. Ball heavier, players robotic, too many first time passes from cpu. Ball teleguided. I tried to load game with previous exe (PC)but I got a black screen. Suggestions on how to run older exes?

The difference is in your head. The game is almost identical judging by Sovereign's video, still the same basic mobile engine with cruddy ball physics

I always download the game with every new update - start a game - play 2 passes and think to myself after seeing the passing ball physics "no thanks". I mean ball physics has always been PES strong suit. PES 21 had great ball physics and efootbals are just so bad - I wont play this game till this is fixed. So back to Retro PES.

The difference is in your head. The game is almost identical judging by Sovereign's video, still the same basic mobile engine with cruddy ball physics

Hey kiddo, "The difference is in your head" you tell that to your Kindergarten's friends. Not to me.
And you judge by a video. Hilarious.
I have been modding pes for ten years.
The update is stiffed, ball is too heavy, cpu defenders are again super powered, passing feels remote controlled, now cpu doesn't keep the ball a little bit. It's all first time passing. Player movements are even too good. Unrealistically and robotically. But they didn't solve the through passing issues where your player remains stuck and doesn't go forward in the run is already doing. And worst of all they reintroduced the so called catch up bug: even if you pass over the defender with a super fast player, even the slower defender will get super power and get back to you. And other big disappoinment: ball protection is gone.
A completely terrible update.
I already managed to fix with a gp mod (for PC obviously) a little bit the horrible ball physics, the stiffness and the ball protection thing. But still has side effects. And catch up bug seems unsolvable.

I feel that the ground/lofted through ball is more effective. Maybe they've nerfed the defending? It is more risky to play with high line too.

I have yet to experience the pingpong. The gameplay is still compact and the a.i is still great. They play direct, long, passing around, back to front, they dribble and they adjust mentality depending on situations. Pace is the same imo.
Menu's navigation is more responsive.

I feel that the ground/lofted through ball is more effective. Maybe they've nerfed the defending? It is more risky to play with high line too.

I have yet to experience the pingpong. The gameplay is still compact and the a.i is still great. They play direct, long, passing around, back to front, they dribble and they adjust mentality depending on situations. Pace is the same imo.
Menu's navigation is more responsive.
They might have changed the team defending but the one on one defending they made it too much effective. I hate it. And the pressing. Through and lofted passing are more effective because they increased the speed and made the ball too heavy, so the ball goes straight, no effects, no deflection. Nothing.
Yea luckily midfield seems compact. But that was even before. Maybe it's less ping pong because cpu are super powered and fast players are nerfed once again. That's not the way. The game was smooth before the update. Now is rigid

Hey kiddo, "The difference is in your head" you tell that to your Kindergarten's friends. Not to me.
And you judge by a video. Hilarious.
I have been modding pes for ten years.
The update is stiffed, ball is too heavy, cpu defenders are again super powered, passing feels remote controlled, now cpu doesn't keep the ball a little bit. It's all first time passing. Player movements are even too good. Unrealistically and robotically. But they didn't solve the through passing issues where your player remains stuck and doesn't go forward in the run is already doing. And worst of all they reintroduced the so called catch up bug: even if you pass over the defender with a super fast player, even the slower defender will get super power and get back to you. And other big disappoinment: ball protection is gone.
A completely terrible update.
I already managed to fix with a gp mod (for PC obviously) a little bit the horrible ball physics, the stiffness and the ball protection thing. But still has side effects. And catch up bug seems unsolvable.
I feel the animation less stiff, more smooth on ps5.. liking it. I haven't yet tried latest update on pc though.

It doesn't matter now anyway. We will evaluate the whole thing when the offline version is released, and by then many more updates will be released, each one will introduce minor fixes that will come together in a year. Contrary to the old model, where only the balance changed during the life of the game, the current formula is a live service, not a closed product.

I always download the game with every new update - start a game - play 2 passes and think to myself after seeing the passing ball physics "no thanks".
It's crazy to me that both games have done this - sacrificed the physics for "playability". Turning two football games "for adults" into something that more often resembles Mario Strikers Charged (and I'm barely being sarcastic).

But I guess that's the key to all this, isn't it? The revenue stream is coming from a much younger generation. So don't ever expect a game like PES 2021 - let alone PES 5 - again.

Don't troll people .Its not starting up again in this thread :Y1
No troll it's been a long time since i didn't read that kind of sentence (it was often pretty right in the past, i don't forget), it wasn't mean.

Well videos i saw didn't show that much completely scratched physics, it's far to reach Fifa's level in my opinion.
Needs to try it, but each time it breaks my hearth to see what we got in content + the awfull U.I. before starting a game. And when i start and make some passes, feeling the weird ball physics i can't tolerate.

But there's a lot of update, sometimes quicker, sometimes back to more heavy/physical... In fact it looks like they're going more easy on one patch, and on the following one they make it more hard/sim, and the same thing since 1.00.
One more reactive, then the other more heavy, and it never stop. So i suppose the next update should be more heavy... Already saw some complaints about that version here and there.

this update is better than the last one for sure..... last one was the worst yet but this one dribbling seems back to my enjoyment after playing one match vs a division 3 opponeent....

they toned down the automatic defending a tad helping human players imo as you can see I draw a penalty because this guy rushed in ... .. on the last update this wouldn't of happened and his defender would of easily won the ball probably which is not deserved for me... this update it feels more rewarding and i"m in more control so I like it better so far first impressions

[youtube]

I like it. If it feels fast, play on -1 speed...

Playing on previous version, dropping down to -1 makes the game more different than it ever did before.

The players move more smoothly, there is more time to dribble. It actually feels so much softer. More like previous patches. Whereas on normal speed, it can feel clunky, slidey.

Part of it is the brain has more time to process. But it actually feels different, rather than just slower.

No troll it's been a long time since i didn't read that kind of sentence (it was often pretty right in the past, i don't forget), it wasn't mean.

Well videos i saw didn't show that much completely scratched physics, it's far to reach Fifa's level in my opinion.
Needs to try it, but each time it breaks my hearth to see what we got in content + the awfull U.I. before starting a game. And when i start and make some passes, feeling the weird ball physics i can't tolerate.

But there's a lot of update, sometimes quicker, sometimes back to more heavy/physical... In fact it looks like they're going more easy on one patch, and on the following one they make it more hard/sim, and the same thing since 1.00.
One more reactive, then the other more heavy, and it never stop. So i suppose the next update should be more heavy... Already saw some complaints about that version here and there

Sorry Your translator is just awful & anyway the post was not for You. Let it go.

Sorry Your translator is just awful & anyway the post was not for You. Let it go.
For a member of the staff...
You should talk a bit more polite and being more sympathetic. It wasn't against you at all.
And i answered as it makes me laugh.

Sorry for not being an english native speaker like you. Or not. I don't have issue with anyone here.
If it's an UK only people communist forum, i prefers to quit sooner or later.
Already explained my situation about language.

You don't permit Janguv to "troll" anyone but answering me even more like a big jerk Let it go and awful etc.
Do what i said but don't do what i do.
Not to me.

Great example. I will stay off those thread then if you prefers. Stick on Retro and Editing like before.
As i just want to share my future works for people here, the community. And talk without being answered like a kid or a trash.

Last edited:
For a member of the staff...
You should talk a bit more polite and being more sympathetic. It wasn't against you at all.
And i answered as it makes me laugh.

Sorry for not being an english native speaker like you. Or not. I don't have issue with anyone here.
If it's an UK only people communist forum, i prefers to quit sooner or later.
Already explained my situation about language.

You don't permit Janguv to "troll" anyone but answering me even more like a big jerk Let it go and awful etc.
Do what i said but don't do what i do.
Not to me.

Great example. I will stay off those thread then if you prefers. Stick on Retro and Editing like before.
As i just want to share my future works for people here, the community. And talk without being answered like a kid or a trash.

Oh come on, were on the internet not at an English Garden party.

If a moderator calls out trolling, You need to accept moderators decision. Simple as that.

Tried it last night, Authentic teams, of course only Superstar available 😵‍💫 and only the one shitty ball for no reason. I'm thinking: this isn't too bad but Superstar is not my jam. Switch to Dream Team. Many great looking balls, nice new one added. But it plays way too fast and lower speed (available in Authentic) locked.
Why is Konami like this? Why do they so vehemently not want me to play this? It's still just a demo and should not even be called a game in this state. I prefer the gameplay to Fifa 23 but Fifa 23 is at least a game.

Ok @superleeds1
No problem, i didn't carried about your status as moderator when i answered, it wasn't even for playing the avengers or whatever else.
I simply wanted to relate/say that it's been a long time since we've heard the "different with controller in hands", nothing more. It wasn't at all like if i rejected what you said lol.

Now, i try to be kind with everyone here. But sometimes there's words or way to talk that when i translate in French, aren't acceptable to me.
But nothing against you : we're all mate (i hope).

Also a bit tired to justify my english, especially to all native english speakers here you should understand. I don't use any translator and you're right, when i read again some of my post : the words and sentences used wasn't really representative about what i wanted, that time, to explain. But i talk like if i was on Whatsapp. My vocabulary is limited.

I've made a little effort about that post, i hope it's okay (without translation) and without irony, i believe that's a bit better.

I can apply myself but it's tiresome you know. And it's the last forum i'm subscribed on : i like to tlalk here, except some happening stuffs and some posts completely off (to me) but it's a forum, nothing abnormal.
Sorry mate. You're right that time (and Leeds is one of my favourite club in England with Boro's so don't be too harsh on me :JAY:)

End of it. Let's give up that unimportant stuff behind us ;) .

Last edited:
I don't believe a +0.1 point may be a game changer. Perhaps faster overall, not related to physics.

And there will be again another in +- a month and half. I see that they add some animations and variety, but it's pretty small, the ball physics doesn't allow to get further.

Looks like they're, for the moment, locked by that weird ball physics which seems the issue i see everyone complaining, and try to get around it by changing stuffs around it. Like global rhythm.
That awful ball is probably reworked behind... Or they're satisfied with that beach-volley-basket ball.

Yes, they really, really don't get it! What is it with this company and shooting itself in the foot!
Sorry mate I couldn't hear you over the sound of pachinko machines

Mobile. That's where the money is. Without a mobile version KONAMI would've killed eFootball long ago.
Ding ding ding. This is the correct answer.

They don't care anymore.
Oh they do care. They absolutely care......about mobile and myclub. Wait it's called dream team now right? I can't keep up lol

It's crazy to me that both games have done this - sacrificed the physics for "playability". Turning two football games "for adults" into something that more often resembles Mario Strikers Charged (and I'm barely being sarcastic).

But I guess that's the key to all this, isn't it? The revenue stream is coming from a much younger generation. So don't ever expect a game like PES 2021 - let alone PES 5 - again.
They should just have gone full arcade. Like super mega baseball. That would be better than pretending to resemble real football.

As far as the younger generation is concerned, this is really all they know, so they don't really know any better. I blame the executives who decided to introduce a gambling mode to children. It's insidious the way they've managed to normalize constantly paying for a game you've already purchased. 2K is the most notorious for this.

wont-somebody-please-think-of-the-children-think-of-the-children.gif

Back
Top Bottom