eFootball (All Platforms)

I am using a Dell monitor, the movie preset for this monitor is a bit too dim for my liking but it did help. But my display has turned to blueish tint

Edit: i have found my sweet spot by adjusting the hue, saturation and contrast in my monitor setting. I set to movie preset and bump up the contrast and brightness. But i'm not sure how it will show on my daily use or with other games with that setting

Your mileage may vary from mine but initially setting to THX I thought "Too dim, and that white ain't white, it's more orange" and after a few hours/sessions my eyes just adjusted and saw it as white to the extent that when I flicked back to game mode (which I was using previously) it was all too bright and what I thought was a true white there was now blueish, ha!

Your mileage may vary from mine but initially setting to THX I thought "Too dim, and that white ain't white, it's more orange" and after a few hours/sessions my eyes just adjusted and saw it as white to the extent that when I flicked back to game mode (which I was using previously) it was all too bright and what I thought was a true white there was now blueish, ha!
I'll stick with my settings until pitch mod is available as i dont fancy adjusting monitor color only for this game

Arena MRV (Atlético Mineiro stadium)
Dribbling seems a step back from v2 toward v1 (which is good)
AI on Superstar seems more balanced and logic (less superman'ish)
Turkey NT and clubs are relicensed
New kits
A weird setting to choose "intervals" to make substitutions (from 0 to 6) in match settings (plus a setting for extra time)

Of course servers are down at the moment and previous live update is not compatible. Some other changes to be seen later.

Last edited:
Had a couple of offline games with the new update. Feels better dribbling wise & the a.i doesn't seem as laser beam with their covering & interceptions. Hard to judge properly until servers are back up but this feels like a step back in the right direction.

Arena MRV (Atlético Mineiro stadium)
Dribbling seems a step back from v2 toward v1 (which is good)
AI on Superstar seems more balanced and logic (less superman'ish)
Turkey NT and clubs are relicensed
New kits
A weird setting to choose "intervals" to make substitutions (from 0 to 6) in match settings (plus a setting for extra time)

Of course servers are down at the moment and previous live update is not compatible. Some other changes to be seen later.
These are my impressions, too. Btw, servers are up again.

So, now it's 5 subtitutions in 3 windows by default, it seems by their web. Can anyone confirm if this is the case in Dream Team? Thank you.

Play a match, yes, but on Dreamteam? No thanks. Even with offline mode (well, is that really offline or you play online but against CPU? Never tried)

I would like to play with reals teams, real rosters if it's not too much to ask.
Even a simple "Duel" Mode which count your % of win, and analyse your play style vs the CPU.

Had a couple of offline games with the new update. Feels better dribbling wise & the a.i doesn't seem as laser beam with their covering & interceptions. Hard to judge properly until servers are back up but this feels like a step back in the right direction.

I really liked the version just before this update, despite seeing the faults.

Are the ball physics improved? I quite liked the feel of them before, they felt velvety, even though they were limited in variety. Is this still the case?

Also, does the ball still 'ping' off the foot, rather than feel 'spongy' like it has with earier versions?

Cheers

This game just feels wrong, hat to shut t down after 13 ingame minutes.

Way too fast everything. The players have no weight and glide across the field.

At my first chance to score, my shot bar is half full, but Müller has to take 3 steps first (the animation has to finish first) and then stumbles into the goalkeeper.

Such a game should not exist in 2022.

I really liked the version just before this update, despite seeing the faults.

Are the ball physics improved? I quite liked the feel of them before, they felt velvety, even though they were limited in variety. Is this still the case?

Also, does the ball still 'ping' off the foot, rather than feel 'spongy' like it has with earier versions?

Cheers
Yes, physics is definitely improved. It's much better. Shots are also a lot better.

Yes, physics is definitely improved. It's much better. Shots are also a lot better.
Excellent, thank you for responding.

Have they kept the game shape too? Teams were pretty good at compressing the midfield at times, or at least not having the back line run deep like in fifa. Have they managed to keep that too?

I ask because I dont want to download a patch and ruin what enjoyment I'm getting from it now. I made that mistake with pes 20...

Last edited:
Feels slower to me and a bit more measured. I prefer it to previous version. But for the love of god give us more teams and an offline league of some sort.

That's the one thing about the previous version. It felt like perpetual motion at times, constant being forced into the next pass.

How is the team mate AI? Have they added more routines, movements?

Is the cpu AI still as interesting and varied as before?

:LMAO:

Most of the replies are making fun of him. This is great.

Marketing/community manager types are always entertaining to me. Like I get it's their job, but come on 'I don't say this lightly?' lol mate you've getting blown away by every PES game for years.

A little more honesty would go a long way to developing goodwill the community that you are trying to engage on a regular basis (not specific to this update, just my feelings on social media interaction with community manager types in general).

I know a lot on this forum who hate the game but if there’s anyone on here that fancies some friendly games then please add me on PS5; user name is ‘Villan2112’. I’m on most evenings after 10.30 (UK time) & play semi assisted. Bored of playing Divisions now tbh.

:LMAO:

Most of the replies are making fun of him. This is great.

I don't even care if the gameplay improves. its been good for a while now, gameplay isn't an issue with efootball right now, we all know its laughs at FIFA, the problem is EVERYTHING ELSE!

there is NOTHING to do on this game! They don't fucking get it! You would think having the biggest PES content makers all playing FIFA 23 would wake them up to at least give us a timeline when offline content will arrive but this pathetic marketing strategy they have is just making people like me more annoyed.

Few people are even getting into the depth of what's there with this gameplay because everything is online cheese based win at all costs incentives!

The shambles that is efootball continues. If you want your fix for the season its FIFA 23 bad gameplay and all or nothing. There's nothing even remotely interesting to do on this game! The same boring challenges since April.

How can't we really test the gameplay with what we got? Enjoy it? Because it's frustrating with always the same teams. I don't want a fantasy team to play with or against ffs.

I read that the Ball physics (elswhere) was faster, and i hope probably more differences in speed. Shoots feels like... Shoots.
But i don't want to test it... It would be even frustrating if i'm starting to like it 🤣

Well, not only mode, but i want Edit mode, even only players, stats and names FTM. Import image later, i don't care.
I'm saying it but i ain't hurry to play at all as i full retro ATM and enjoy it a lot. The thing is it's lonnnngggg. And they can wait again and again, try to force us to play DreamShit, it won't work. If they're waiting for more and more people to play on, they will wait forever : the "crowd" is already on, and the "don't want to play it" won't start neither.
It's time to release some DLCs now.

Mixed feelings about new update. It's different.
Definitely feels much more free, less locked movements, more control.
On the other hand I feel players have less weight, less inertia and more skating.
Target locking still awful.
Playing with less rated team could be fun, slower, less chaotic.

How can't we really test the gameplay with what we got? Enjoy it? Because it's frustrating with always the same teams. I don't want a fantasy team to play with or against ffs.

I read that the Ball physics (elswhere) was faster, and i hope probably more differences in speed. Shoots feels like... Shoots.
But i don't want to test it... It would be even frustrating if i'm starting to like it 🤣

Well, not only mode, but i want Edit mode, even only players, stats and names FTM. Import image later, i don't care.
I'm saying it but i ain't hurry to play at all as i full retro ATM and enjoy it a lot. The thing is it's lonnnngggg. And they can wait again and again, try to force us to play DreamShit, it won't work. If they're waiting for more and more people to play on, they will wait forever : the "crowd" is already on, and the "don't want to play it" won't start neither.
It's time to release some DLCs now.

Yes, they really, really don't get it! What is it with this company and shooting itself in the foot!

How many people are even still playing this game to yield them much money from Dream team even? I haven't paid a single cent yet can easily field a 2600+ strength team with all the free points on offer. I thought at least edit mode would come by now so people can customize their dream teams but no, same old shit since April.

Gameplay isn't enough where there is no enjoyable incentive behind it.

Mixed feelings about new update. It's different.
Definitely feels much more free, less locked movements, more control.
On the other hand I feel players have less weight, less inertia and more skating.
Target locking still awful.
Playing with less rated team could be fun, slower, less chaotic.
Sounds like pes 3 just became pes 4.

Has the game become too open at all? I like how compressed the previous patch is...

(I'm so tempted by this new looseness, but not st the expense if losing the weight and structure of the previous patch. Ludicrous that we cant choose patches...)

If players have loose inertia, weight shift and physicality... I didn't tried it but it will be without me.
That's one of the only stuff i really liked in the previous version : they kept the good old realistic players motions physics from PES 19 to 21.

Will check tomorrow. It can be so fucked up based on vids i saw. I hope it's just a feeling. At least for the future, i absolutely don't want reactivity to the detriment of real life physics : i hate it with all my hearth. If that's the case we got 2 Fifa then.

How many people are even still playing this game to yield them much money from Dream team even? I haven't paid a single cent yet
KONAMI earned nothing from me, and the money I would normally spend on a full-fledged game from them was spent on FIFA. A really great strategy. If someone is not interested in playing online, in addition to pay to win, then the lack of offline mode will not magically change that.

Back
Top Bottom